Axe Cleric Adventures

_Pinkage_ - Sanctuary
_Pinkage_ - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
So, I just recently hit the 100 mark and thought I'd share my experiences for all those who enjoy doing crazy/fun/random/different things ingame. :)

Yes, I am pure Axe b:chuckle It started as something for fun a long time ago when I was bored on my bm, but despite a long break from the game, I gradually leveled from 1-100 ...with axes. Mostly quests, bh's, morai and a little fcc in the 90's. Leveling was actually easier than my bm and a lot of fun, though of course not everyone in the community was nice about it.

Anyway. Last night for fun I decided to bring my Axe-Weilding cleric to Nation Wars. And surprisingly managed a fairly decent score over the 10k mark. Most of my kills were freezing arcanes, porting in with Holy path and whacking them down before they knew what happened. I massacred other clerics b:surrender I did kill a few bm's, seekers and sins and the odd archer despite poor accuracy. r999's and flag carries were unkillable but still plenty of ways to support between seals, MoW, dd and immobilization.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae58/Dark-Sephiroth-/2013-04-1306-21-25.png

Rather enjoyable 2 hours. Hopefully gave a few players some "wth" moments. xD Could have done better by bringing proper Apoth, more mag on genie to access holy path faster, utilizing shields more, and not lagging like crazy but that's all part of the learning experience. :)

For those interested here is my current build. The aps parts are mostly because I'm borrowing the gear from my BM. Plenty to improve on if someone took it up seriously.

http://pwcalc.com/7f0e44312b80b4e0
http://pwcalc.com/12419fd8fe12eec8

As for gameplay in general. Spells still have a set amount of healing or damage apart from base magic attack, so they aren't completely ineffective. Stacked Sage IH will fully heal me or even support others on easier content. Dimension seal glitches PvE evasion so I never miss. Plume Shell, WoP and GL are ridiculous with HA. And sleep and freeze offer nice cc while holy path covers mobility. Making something unusual actually effective offers a lot of fun and challenge in the game. However, before I'm attacked over it, I'm not saying the build is as useful as a standard class, and I'd never slow a squad down by trying to join a full ws, delta or such.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae58/Dark-Sephiroth-/2013-04-1307-18-27.png

So, to continue on with the thread, please share any stories or experiences you've had with trying different character builds and/or unusual methods of taking on ingame content :)
Post edited by _Pinkage_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who says you have to be a build lemming, when what you are doing is having fun?
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well i know a HA Cleric who owes everyone so its do-able and they have trolled with cala axes and kinda...... Killed several people on accident lol. Do-able but ehh why? Can you use skills with a axe on? (I actually have a friend with a 5.0 Cleric and its actually nice since switch to want to debuff/heal/CC then fists to DD.
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Interesting,

And an APS cleric :D thats so nice

Just thinking, a few more generations of new and improved tomes, and every char will pretty much be able to wear just about any equipment. With the new tome we can expect somewhere in 2016, you will get over 100 points to each stat and then with just a little more points here and there, we can all use claws, AA, LA and only HA will cost an extra 100 points of str :)
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sweet \o/ b:dirty
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I just started playing and encountered my 1st faction, we had a HA cleric (aka a Palladin :P ) was interesting, his heals were.. well.., nonetheless something out of the ordinary.

And edit: lol just checked the picture, Damnation was the very faction, did you inherit the legacy from Lythius? :P
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Holy cats! _Pinkage_ thats amazing! I'm a 101 veno with 2nd cast nirvana, a 3rd cast magic sword. I purge and amp and pew pew enemies, and the most points I tend to get is 3k. f:kneel

If and when I get a heavy armor set similar to yours, I might try and make an axe cleric too. Was it hard to get invited to bh squads? I imagine some people might have been mean about it :x

I can imagine charger orbs and holy path would synergize really well with your sleep and freeze skill for catching up to people XD.

I'm working on a heavy armor sin and a heavy armor archer, since I really don't like light armor so far. My characters are using dreamchaser pack gear. I'll see how well they work out at 100. X3
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow, lol.
    That's hillarious. Certainly not filling the standard cleric role but awesome for trolling.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • FieryBlade - Lothranis
    FieryBlade - Lothranis Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    now i has a reason to make a clericb:victory
    and it would make an awesome tv show
  • _Pinkage_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Can you use skills with a axe on? (I actually have a friend with a 5.0 Cleric and its actually nice since switch to want to debuff/heal/CC then fists to DD.

Can't use skills with an axe, but I hotkey a magic weapon. It soon becomes as second nature as switching between axe and claw for spark->hf's.

5.0 would be nice. The reason I chose axes over aps is because we get no atk or atk speed from spark. Claw dps wasn't very much above Axe, and required full aps gear, while with axe I'm free to use g16 armor. If I ever roll a 2x int g16 claw I will restat aps. b:chuckle
    When I just started playing and encountered my 1st faction, we had a HA cleric (aka a Palladin :P ) was interesting, his heals were.. well.., nonetheless something out of the ordinary.

And edit: lol just checked the picture, Damnation was the very faction, did you inherit the legacy from Lythius? :P

Yes, I remember Lythius :o Perhaps where I first got the idea from, I made this char when he was still playing and we used to duo heal bh's and burn pots like crazy xD Which character did you used to have in Damnation?
    If and when I get a heavy armor set similar to yours, I might try and make an axe cleric too. Was it hard to get invited to bh squads? I imagine some people might have been mean about it :x

I usually make my own BH squads and bring a few faction members, however haven't had any problems from random players so far. I generally avoid delta and lunar since I don't have any aoe, don't try to take healer spot and keep elemental pots for Seat and metal. Generally though there are plenty of nice people in the community.

HA sin and archer sounds a lot of fun, good luck with it! :)
    Just thinking, a few more generations of new and improved tomes, and every char will pretty much be able to wear just about any equipment. With the new tome we can expect somewhere in 2016, you will get over 100 points to each stat and then with just a little more points here and there, we can all use claws, AA, LA and only HA will cost an extra 100 points of str :)

I think with a dominance tome, lv104 or 105 and the highest engravings on ring and necklace with only dex/str/mag, you can just about make a caster class that can equip g16 claws AND use a r999 magic weapon. Bit expensive for random fun though o.o;
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very nice, as a fellow HA cleric I love that you have made a build that you can have a laugh and still manage to troll people in NW with.

I am a bit different in that I am full HA armour but use r9rr weapon. I do have a set of axes to troll with but I find melee hits with the glaive are more than enough (hits harder than a lot of sins but I miss 80% in pvp).

Very little in the game that I can not solo and believe it or not can solo harpy but takes far too long to be worth it.

With the emperor tome I could come close to being able to use r9rr glaive, axes and also manage enough dex for fists with the right equips,however I will be stating the extra points to magic.

Good stuff, keep it up b:victory
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    HA clerics are gorgeous :3 Glad you could make something fun~

Very nice, as a fellow HA cleric I love that you have made a build that you can have a laugh and still manage to troll people in NW with.

I am a bit different in that I am full HA armour but use r9rr weapon. I do have a set of axes to troll with but I find melee hits with the glaive are more than enough (hits harder than a lot of sins but I miss 80% in pvp).

Very little in the game that I can not solo and believe it or not can solo harpy but takes far too long to be worth it.

With the emperor tome I could come close to being able to use r9rr glaive, axes and also manage enough dex for fists with the right equips,however I will be stating the extra points to magic.

Good stuff, keep it up b:victory
    Smashie, do you still have a pwi calculatour of your build? I was looking for it the other day/today/whenever it was on the thread where someone made an HA cleric very similar to yours, but I don't think there was an actual link to it there.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    HA clerics are gorgeous :3 Glad you could make something fun~

Smashie, do you still have a pwi calculatour of your build? I was looking for it the other day/today/whenever it was on the thread where someone made an HA cleric very similar to yours, but I don't think there was an actual link to it there.

Let's see if this works. My current build:

http://pwcalc.com/018517055d3c682e

Still has a lot of work to go, currently working on emperor tome so I can stat some more points to magic, then I will work on r9 ring upgrade, upgraded cloud stir, cube neck and more JoSD... Wouldn't change being HA even in todays environment with all the OP r9rr casters, it has somewhat defined my toon b:chuckle
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Still has a lot of work to go, currently working on emperor tome so I can stat some more points to magic, then I will work on r9 ring upgrade, upgraded cloud stir, cube neck and more JoSD... Wouldn't change being HA even in todays environment with all the OP r9rr casters, it has somewhat defined my toon b:chuckle

Thanks, Smashie :3!
    And same here; us HAs from level ones on predominantly AA classes've got to stand our ground >:3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I remember Lythius :o Perhaps where I first got the idea from, I made this char when he was still playing and we used to duo heal bh's and burn pots like crazy xD Which character did you used to have in Damnation?

The same, this was and still is my main after 3 years ish when I started.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh my my looky looky it's the rich kids having fun...how nice
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
    edited April 2013
    Oh my my looky looky it's the rich kids having fun...how nice

Looks like someone needs to get off their high horse. This cleric has been my main toon for around 3 years and a lot of effort has been put in to gear it up, I don't see any difference for someone that gears up a character in a more traditional build. Add to it that I have only had to really upgrade one set of gear and use it across a number of toons, including a farming BM and a barb.

Go and cry about the truly rich kids who have multiple r9 characters +12 fully jaded.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pinky is without a doubt epic beyond all expectations XD

It's really great to see all this HA cleric support!

People do really amazing things in non-standard ways, never judge a character by their class, or their gear b:chuckle
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Am I reading correctly - 97 attack levels with the blessing - dam....
  • Sfrenchie - Sanctuary
    Sfrenchie - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember doing bh's and you were in a few squads with me , when you were about 7x. I was so amazed when I first saw you lol. First ha cleric I met. I think it was you anyways lol. This was years ago.
    edited April 2013
    Am I reading correctly - 97 attack levels with the blessing - dam....

I think I currently top out at 121 attack levels with jones blessing and cloud stir ring, will be slightly higher if I can get around to upgrading a few things. The problem however is the low magic attack, having enough strength for the HA means that I am down around 6k magic attack so even with the attacks levels I have I don't hurt anywhere near what a full r9rr cleric would.

This build probably gets the best use out of the emperor tome as I can make use of all 3 stats. I should be able to restat around 100 more magic from it to help the magic attack and to a lesser degree the mdef.
  • Alinyss - Sanctuary
    Alinyss - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL Pinkage, I remember you from last weekend's NW. We were talking about you on our guild vent actually :) I died because I was running around after you trying to get a better look and got ganked by 5 people >.<
    Great job on thinking outside the box and pushing the boundaries of your class. Who says you have to build your toon like everyone else to be successful? Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.
  • _Pinkage_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Abba bh today, so tried clearing it solo for fun. Managed to clear right up to the boss, selfbuff only, purely off the pots the mobs dropped and a little genie chi. Nasty without bp though. Perhaps next I'll go solo fcc'ing or try out a pav. xD

Also, randomly flying past etherblade when bored, I saw a lv70 HA Sword-cleric chopping up foxwings. Doing rather nicely at it too. Seems I'm not the only crazy one. o.o

Now that's impressive! :o

I can imagine the glaive does hurt quite a bit with all those attack levels behind it. Your build looks incredible though, great job sticking with it and making it so effective. Almost wish I could go r999 myself, but if I ever took that step my bm would get priority. Besides, making something as crazy as an axe work is fun. Shame Dervish isn't stashable. b:chuckle

Again though, awesome cleric :)
    I remember doing bh's and you were in a few squads with me , when you were about 7x. I was so amazed when I first saw you lol. First ha cleric I met. I think it was you anyways lol. This was years ago.

Yes that was me xD I quit my cleric a few years back at lv80, when I took a long break from PWI, and only recently started back a few months ago. Your name was actually on my friends list, but I cleaned it a while ago assuming anyone on it would be long since inactive. :(
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    SoIotude - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh your name got mentioned alright b:laugh

Having some small talk on ts morning after NW, friend of mine comes in n says
    "You'll never believe wtf happened to me during NW.. I GOT *** AXED BY A CLERIC!!!"

No need to say most of us died of laughter b:pleased