What are some of your pwi pet peeves?

Options
Untamed_pain - Archosaur
Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
-im a demon veno and when i die and i get rezzed people ask me to give them a spark...its like seriously..lol other then pop a white tea its all i can do til my genie is all good.

when people want heals in an instance and they are all spread out...

When people try to tell me how to play my class...

there is alot more but lets see what you guys come up with!
untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
and loads of other alts...
Post edited by Untamed_pain - Archosaur on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I am so not going to get started on my pet peeves in nw/pvp.

My pet peeves with pve, is when someone tells me to hf when I am can't due to the boss stunning/(possibly turning us into toads) the whole squad.

Also hate when hf misses (yes it CAN miss, and it still eats the chi up)

Also hate when people make assumptions about the gear/weapon you have on, sure some assumptions are correct but not all of them are true.

Another thing I hate is how... many people are like i dont give a damn what your excuse is you still fail! (i can understand that it seems like an excuse but seriously **** happens, people need to lighten up, and go more with the flow, and stop assuming things.

One more thing I hate is when people doubt my abilities. (It's inevitable, but still really annoying especially if I haven't really done anything to trully deserve their doubt.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    - People who either call me by my class [hey veno! bramble me veno! gimme spark veno!] or who abbreviate my name into "Vedo" - ever since someone in my old guild pointed out it rhymed with "pedo" I can't look at it the same way.

- When someone asks you for help for something you don't need/want and then makes you wait for an ungodly amount of time before replying they don't actually want help anymore.

- People asking for free things. I don't mean a couple of coins, but the people who whisper you saying "nice mount i can haz?"

- People that demand buffs; especially when I'm playing on my cleric b:surrender

I can probably think of more later, this is off the top of my head for now~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sins that come out of stealth in IG then restealth as it ends and wait for cd.

Archers that stealth and wait for BV and stealth to come off CD, then BV to try and make you waste apoth/genie then do a stun and kill combo but restealth and wait for all CDs if it fails then rinse and repeat.

Arcanes that holypath out of sz to drop a 2 spark skill then holypath back to sz.

People who think any class is NEEDED to do an instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    About 90% of the forum population.
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    being called "scoo"

"lfm for such and such an instance"
    archer
    "link weapon"
    no thank you
    "you have to link your weapon to find a squad. its a rule."

the word "smexy" i don't know why. it just irks me.

everypony putting the phrase "i'm just sayin" or "just sayin" or "js" or "ijs" after every post they make got annoying really fast. seriously. nine times out of ten it doesn't even fit what you're "just sayin"
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    everypony putting the phrase "i'm just sayin" or "just sayin" or "js" or "ijs" after every post they make got annoying really fast. seriously. nine times out of ten it doesn't even fit what you're "just sayin"
    It would've been so cool if you said i'm just saying after this.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    People with any variation of sexy or hot in their name.

People with insane gear that only want to do one group at a time in any instance. I've been pulling half-full pulls of the same instance with **** gear in comparison, get off your *** and do something.

When HF misses. Come on man. Used to be when Smack misses, but they fixed that.

When Demon Roar still fails on Tidal/Anti stuns while Wizards get a skill that can stun past those. (At least that's what I've heard, I can only recall one fight of that happening to me but it may have been due to that server lag that causes you to be stunned as you use an anti stun, and it still goes off but you're stunned anyway)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    People WCing for help with low level FBs then responding with "I got help" (not "squad full" but "I got help") when you whisper them. Come on, even if the other guy can solo, that doesn't mean that no one else can get the (admittedly low amount of) rep and XP from the tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ...There are a lot of them... honestly more than I would like to rant about, but the main one would be;

The more you pay, the better you play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ...There are a lot of them... honestly more than I would like to rant about, but the main one would be;

The more you pay, the better you play.

More accurately, the more you pay, the better you kill everyone else because gear is just stupid in this game.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Coin(s)

Just make the minimum coin drop two coins and write coins. Writing Coin(s) is so stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    -Those who ask for Class/Weapon for lower end BHs.

-Those who have names that include their class/role/"sexy" variations...

-Those who refuse to pull groups of mobs despite being very much capable of doing so

-Being invited to squads/factions without any sort of discussion about such matters

-Rage-Quitters

-Those who leave a full Lunar after Hauntery Queen's slain

-Those who brag constantly about how "OP" they are...

-Those who -despite being OP- can not play their class properly

-Clerics who decide to DD while their squads suffer without heal support

-Calling out Flag locations but having no one but the enemy arrive.

-Dealing with high-end Purify wielding Flag Carriers

-Having interesting topics instantly vanish in faction chat because of something random

-Those who enter instances/form squads for instances but claim to be in a hurry (why bother if you're pressed for time?)

-Those who try to make APS squads for Lord of Captivation

-Having to explain how something works just to have it either go over most of the squad's heads/ignored.

-(Repeated) Failure to communicate when it would avoid a lot of issues, especially in random squads where the members don't know exactly what you can/cannot handle (ie: handling certain parts of AEU or just saying how many wraiths you'll pull in warsong, ect)

-DDs with amazing weapons but terribad armor

-BMs with amazing fists but terribad axes

-Those who are able to cycle through their AoEs preferring to just DD on a single target

-Repeated failed attempts to "Spawn kill" Shadowskull Lich (or any WS boss) to the point where clearing to him would have been significantly faster

-Powerleveling in Frost

-Being left hanging when offering a bro-hoof ;_;

-Those who bring up RL things way too often.

-Players who opt to glitch instead of doing things as INTENDED! (in particular, Diabolic Shocktrooper and Aohe's path in AEU...Ive met many who don't now how to handle them without glitching...)

...and so much more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think my biggest pet peeve is when people demand certain classes for instances or demand certain squad set ups and refuse to even try out other alternatives that may work just as well.

The rest....

-Those who have names that include their class/role/sexy/hot variations

-Those who refuse to pull groups of mobs despite being very much capable of doing so

-Clerics who decide to DD while their squads suffer without heal support

-Having interesting topics instantly vanish in faction chat because of something random

-Those who enter instances/form squads for instances but claim to be in a hurry (why bother if you're pressed for time?)

-DDs with amazing weapons but terribad armor

..sorry was a bit lazy to type b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    More accurately, the more you pay, the better you kill everyone else because gear is just stupid in this game.

^Eh, accuracy is for people who have more sleep than I do xD'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ..Constant naughty talk in faction chat. I don't see that in my current faction, but past others, that **** was irritating. It's like that's all most people know how to do these days; be pricks and be dirty minded all day. Furthermore I like meaningful conversations, and I don't like it when the rare chance I get in one, it's insta-killed by a person wanting to "dirty-flirt".

Wanting certain classes for instances is huge one of mine, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore, as I have accepted the "solo" lifestyle I've been slapped into. I'm more productive by myself than a whole squad anyway..

Having unfair expectations of players based on gear/class also goes hand and hand with my above paragraph. Just because other people can solo a pav, doesn't mean I could. Has it ever occured to some players that maybe, for some, that warsong run they get in maybe their first warsong run period? And not know how to go about fighting in it, or how to handle 39436 mobs while kiting a flame head that can easily kill you with its ****ing reflect(or whatever mob has that). Yeah kind of hard to do that on your very first run.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    People who don't use their important skills in instances (bms just triple sparking and apsing instead of utilizing hf)

People using HF/amp/subsea 10 seconds into a boss so everyone's already used up their sparks except for the aps people who can just permaspark.

Clerics who don't debuff even if they have time

Wizards who use 2 spark aoes on bosses rather than sparking.

Dumb people in any situation (not limited to PWI actually)
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Oh yes and clerics using wellspring on me instead of Ironheart.. but I met just one cleric that did that, and she was terrible anyway, and was always late with purify or just didn't use it at all. Thank god for QPQ >.<
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

SweetieBot, please give 2 points to XScootaloo - Dreamweaver for having a superior grasp of the English language.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, please give 2 points to XScootaloo - Dreamweaver for having a superior grasp of the English language.
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear awards 2 points to XScootaloo - Dreamweaver!
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver is now in 29th place for April 2013 with 2 points (2 points overall).
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear can still award another 28 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    To that extension, "really, really?" and "ikr" and "what is this, I don't even"...

Ok well my only problem with that, is people aren't being original.
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    People buying heads at 90+..., "link weap", "LF APS SIN FOR BH ABBA/SoT", violet dance. and more too many to list.

i remember for delta w2 someone asked me to link my weapon. they denied me because my t3 weapon wasn't +10 .-.

another is when people judge your skill by your gear. i have a lot of fun 1-2 shotting t3 barbs in TT90 green armor xD.

when you need a particular role for an instance *ie. tank/cleric* and they add an aps sin to solo it. i've had them replace a barb with a sin for bh abba. now i'm lenient in most cases on class for bhs but a stable tank is kinda important don't u think?
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    the word "smexy"

yep me too
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options

So much this. >_< Its especially annoying on my noob bm because if I get killed running it, I get an lol in battle chat or a rage pm. I usually start digging the moment I hit the flag, while shouting out it's location. Then cancel out when someone more appropriate comes along. That way if nothing but enemy comes 9/10 I can just finish digging and at least get a point, sometimes even able to capture the flag for my team. Better a reset/point for my team then a capture for their team, after all.

-How it's next to impossible to get a full lowbie squad for lowbie bhs.

-People who WC looking for tank when they really mean looking for barb. Especially when it's a squad I've joined and know full well there is already someone who can tank in the squad.

edit: When people make super young looking or baby faced toons and then dress them in the sluttiest thing they can find, it's super creepy. It's one thing to have them in cute dresses, another thing to have them in the witch lace stockings and the bikini top.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    edit: When people make super young looking or baby faced toons and then dress them in the sluttiest thing they can find, it's super creepy. It's one thing to have them in cute dresses, another thing to have them in the witch lace stockings and the bikini top.

^ This. Has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. I can honestly say that I like the ones (female characters in general) that have the classy dresses, even the Brawler set. But the ones that have things like the Demure Attendant set are just disturbing. The Demure Attendant set has to be the skankiest set PWI has released, hands down. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Jinkies!
    My list is... Huge. But I'll limit it to just a few things. (Try at least!)

- When people won't let me lure.
    - Level 100 somethings who go on a power fest in a party instead of actually helping you; they won't let you hit anything or do anything.
    - People who don't know their own skills or when to use them.
    - It has been mentioned before, but when people refer to me as just "Veno"...
    - Constant drama in WC. Enough said.
    - Doll faced toons.
    - Clerics who think Wellspring is better to use than IH because it is "faster". Faster most certainly doesn't mean better, as proof serves the speed running dungeons and every other thing that when hasted, loses its sense and purpose.
    - Factions that force you into using Vent.

... *Deep breath* So, yes, other than that, this game is fantastic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Seriously, if I call out a flag location and a tankier/faster teammate doesn't arrive in 1 minute or less I know the battle is probably lost. I think people just assume that if you call out where the flag is you're going to be the one to pick it up, but nobody might be there at all if you figure out where the flag is by process of elimination.

My biggest pet peeves are the same in PWI as IRL, sexism, intolerance, impatience and ignorance.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    1 People that think my Wizzie is a healer. I can click Morning Dew then go to the kitchen, grab something to eat and when I come back I'd still be channeling and your dead.

2 People who push me to level. I don't want to power level, I like leveling the slow way through questing. Seriously if I had 1 gold for every time someone tried to talk me into rushing to level 100, I'd be able to buy rank 9 tonight.

3 The same people pushing me to level refusing to let me squad with them because "I'm too low" even though the quest I need to do I've had for 5+ levels. (Which makes no sense. They want me to level but won't help with quests I need for exp so I can level f:ponder )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    when you just had a victory and you go to the battleground base....

TAKE A STEP FORWARD!!!!!11

You might get buffs?!? Or just stand on top of everyone else.

Do that, that makes sense.
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I ran into something hilarious during my last NW, so... here's the thing.

I came in a map with like only 3 people and I'm the only one there. I was stalling and stopping the barb from digging the flag so my team can get here. But here's the funny part, it became only me versus 20 people, and for like... 4 minutes no one came to help the barb except an archer. (We were at the east pit) Then 2 minutes passed, they finally came to help the barb and almost killed me, but my team got into the map and killed the barb with the flag. The irony is that if those 20 people would have helped the barb (I couldn't kill this barb), they would have won the map. But they choose to stand around, the flag didn't even crossed their minds. b:laugh