Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Comments

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm still waiting for a video of a non-caster winning NW 1v20. (where the 20 is not afk) People say its been done but I still have yet to see a video....

Can someone give me a video please?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm still waiting for a video of a caster 1 v 20 where the opponents aren't complete tards/undergeared.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    klys wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a video of a caster 1 v 20 where the opponents aren't complete tards/undergeared.

Thats just it. Non casters cannot do it at all. While casters can do it if the people in the war are either A. undergeared or B. complete tards.

Only 1% of the population fits neither criteria, so they can do it 99% of the time.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thats just it. Non casters cannot do it at all. While casters can do it if the people in the war are either A. undergeared or B. complete tards.

Only 1% of the population fits neither criteria, so they can do it 99% of the time.

so far, only see caster with op gears 1hit 20x nubs with tt or under level.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Aparently you haven't been on a nw with big cohones or however it is spelled on our server. As a barb he lasted long enough for me to eat a hamburger while I and 10 others wailed on him and I atleast generally hit very hard. I am or was in your faction. I have +11 and max gems in weapon and am full r93. I could barely scratch said barb, and he would have 0 problem running flag with 19 noobs on him.

Earlier you mentioned you hitting fay, but that is not fair, cause last I looked fay outgears you. Actually fay outgears all the archers on our server except the leader of god faction merrangulous. Fay does not live long if merang is hitting him along with any other r93 archer assisting. Also when using fay as an example you are talking about the 1% of the server as he has nearly every best thing in the game possible. In fact, I don't even get why they continue to nw as their characters already have everything that nw rewards.

Anyways, yeah purify is very strong, but it does not stop arcane people from dieing when strong opponets attack them. Just wait another month or two and more n more people will be r93 +10-12 and you'll see that arcanes will die very easily when getting ganked.
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b:victory max gears babe, not enough snu power. GoF and Purge bow are better. I rather have them instead.
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Aparently you haven't been on a nw with big cohones or however it is spelled on our server. As a barb he lasted long enough for me to eat a hamburger while I and 10 others wailed on him and I atleast generally hit very hard. I am or was in your faction. I have +11 and max gems in weapon and am full r93. I could barely scratch said barb, and he would have 0 problem running flag with 19 noobs on him.

Earlier you mentioned you hitting fay, but that is not fair, cause last I looked fay outgears you. Actually fay outgears all the archers on our server except the leader of god faction merrangulous. Fay does not live long if merang is hitting him along with any other r93 archer assisting. Also when using fay as an example you are talking about the 1% of the server as he has nearly every best thing in the game possible. In fact, I don't even get why they continue to nw as their characters already have everything that nw rewards.

Anyways, yeah purify is very strong, but it does not stop arcane people from dieing when strong opponets attack them. Just wait another month or two and more n more people will be r93 +10-12 and you'll see that arcanes will die very easily when getting ganked.

I was in a war against him on Sunday, and we managed to kill him before he got out of the pit. He could have been lagging but I'm not sure. I may or may not have it recorded, but all casters with purify who dug it were at the very least able to make it out of the pit.

I don't recall mentioning hitting fay. But since you mentioned him, I have fought him before. End game Arcanes are not squishy. They must be purged and debuffed before they can be killed, even with gank. So even without purify proc, they are hard to take down already. In addition to that, he has managed to get away multiple times due to purify proc alone. Purged, stunned and genie on cooldown, he should be dead, but purify saves him. This is not a gear problem since having better gears would not stop him from procing purify on first hit. He did kite well, however, we had managed to lock him down, but he was able to get away with purify. So essentially, if you are lucky, you can live even when the odds are against you.

However, when you have multiple people hitting them, the chance of purify activating per second is much higher. It is high enough to pretty much carry a caster all the way to the flag capture point. The other day, Aeliah managed to get the flag. Despite being ganked, we couldn't kill him since he was full buffed, and purify was constantly procing due to the number of people hitting him. He managed to deliver the flag to the capture point while BigCojones could not.

In the above two examples, I illustrate that 1. Purify proc greatly reduces the skill and management required to survive. Efficient use of your genie can help you survive being ganked, but when your genie is drained, you should die. It used to be essential to manage your genie and survival skills well. However, due to purify, even if you mess up massively, you can still survive with luck in your favor. 2. Purify proc allows casters to outperform tank classes in terms of flag delivery. Aeliah, a cleric was able to deliver a flag since we were unable to lock him down for debuffs, while BigCojones a barb couldn't move out of the pit since we had him locked and debuffed to death.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    f:confused ur same nation as me, saw u few time. f:shock When there other of me f:shock
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • $WetDream$ - Lost City
    $WetDream$ - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think its AWESOME ..b:chuckleIncrease the chance
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    f:confused ur same nation as me, saw u few time. f:shock When there other of me f:shock

A while ago xD lol
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2013

In the above two examples, I illustrate that 1. Purify proc greatly reduces the skill and management required to survive. Efficient use of your genie can help you survive being ganked, but when your genie is drained, you should die. It used to be essential to manage your genie and survival skills well. However, due to purify, even if you mess up massively, you can still survive with luck in your favor. 2. Purify proc allows casters to outperform tank classes in terms of flag delivery. Aeliah, a cleric was able to deliver a flag since we were unable to lock him down for debuffs, while BigCojones a barb couldn't move out of the pit since we had him locked and debuffed to death.

You're just illustrating how bad your team is. My squad takes down any arcane stupid enough to dig pretty fast.
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm wondering what the PWCN thinks about this, it's a whole different community out there.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    klys wrote: »
    You're just illustrating how bad your team is. My squad takes down any arcane stupid enough to dig pretty fast.

Killing a full r9rr +12 vit barb with josd before they leave the pit is an example of how bad my team is? lol ok. Post on your main if you want to be taken seriously. Because unless you have something to show who you actually are, you're just trolling me.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Killing a full r9rr +12 vit barb with josd before they leave the pit is an example of how bad my team is? lol ok. Post on your main if you want to be taken seriously.

If you're capable of doing that to an end-game barb, you should be able to do it to an end-game cleric unless that barb in particular is not getting heals and rebuffs or he's just bad and makes your squad look good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • burningsweetfire
    edited April 2013
    If you're capable of doing that to an end-game barb, you should be able to do it to an end-game cleric unless that barb in particular is not getting heals and rebuffs or he's just bad and makes your squad look good.

They don't have a veno to purge? I'm guessing that's the missing link between able to kill a barb and cleric.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    They don't have a veno to purge? I'm guessing that's the missing link between able to kill a barb and cleric.

My only other explanation is that they don't have a BM with Blade Hurl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• burningsweetfire
    edited April 2013
    My only other explanation is that they don't have a BM with Blade Hurl.

In last NW, one of my faction member try to blade hurl my seeker and it didn't disarm me... idk what happened but that skill clearly don't have 100% disarming effect.

They could also have a seeker with duelist glee and with good timing, bm can blade hurl, then debuff the cleric during that time, and seeker can disarm after blade hurl's effect is done and nuke to get the kill. Or.... get a OP bm and blade tornado them to death.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Yes, our veno was not in instance that day. We run with only 4 people and we do not have a bm. There are very few bms on our server though, so it is kind of hard to find one. Especially one with Blade Hurl. Either way, if Blade Hurl is required to counter purify, it should be a skill learned at level 2x like Roar of the pride, as opposed to a rare morai skill.

I'm not saying that we can't kill a cleric. We have killed that particular cleric before. However, I was emphasizing that due to purify proc, that cleric was able to run further than the barb ever did, since we kept the barb locked down permanently, while we could not lock down the cleric since he had purify procing. The cleric IG digged and could still run away due to purify. The barb was basically screwed when he ig digged.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    In last NW, one of my faction member try to blade hurl my seeker and it didn't disarm me... idk what happened but that skill clearly don't have 100% disarming effect.

They could also have a seeker with duelist glee and with good timing, bm can blade hurl, then debuff the cleric during that time, and seeker can disarm after blade hurl's effect is done and nuke to get the kill. Or.... get a OP bm and blade tornado them to death.

Blade Hurl's description says:

"Throw your weapon at the cost of being disarmed for 3 seconds.
    You disarm all enemies within 8 meters for 6 seconds,
    dealing base physical damage, 100% weapon damage and an additional 3500 physical damage.
    100 percent accuracy."

So idk.

Edit-

@Zsw- Yes, that would be your problem. Not purify.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013

You mean the part that we didn't have a veno? It did not help. But we were able to lock down the barb long enough until we managed to get a purge. We could not do the same to the cleric due to purify.

So essentially, purify made the arcane more tanky.

That was just 1 particular case though. As I have said, arcanes managed to survive even after getting purged due to purify.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• burningsweetfire
    edited April 2013
    Blade Hurl's description says:

"Throw your weapon at the cost of being disarmed for 3 seconds.
    You disarm all enemies within 8 meters for 6 seconds,
    dealing base physical damage, 100% weapon damage and an additional 3500 physical damage.
    100 percent accuracy."

So idk.

Edit-

It happened twice, the first time I think I killed him before blade hurl worked, but I did take damage. The second time, he stunned me and blade hurled, but it didn't disarm me, nor him, and I just killed him after stun finished. Did anyone test whether Belief (genie skill) counters disarming skills?
    You mean the part that we didn't have a veno? It did not help. But we were able to lock down the barb long enough until we managed to get a purge. We could not do the same to the cleric due to purify.

Veno is fast enough to go ahead of cleric and purge, or disarm and purge. I can say debuffing a cleric is difficult because they can purify themselves too.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Keep the purify + anti stun and remove/nerf the holypath effect. As a caster with the weapon I would be happy to have it changed to this - I still want the ability to break out of a stun lock but in my opinion the speed boost to be able to put distance between you and the attacker is the troublesome part.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Veno is fast enough to go ahead of cleric and purge, or disarm and purge. I can say debuffing a cleric is difficult because they can purify themselves too.

We had venos in our nation, but for some reason non of them purged.. idk why. So we were trying to get our archer to use a purge bow until purge proced. Evidently, it never proced.

While it is true that a barb will always have more effective survival than any arcane, the problem is that we cannot hit an arcane if we can't lock them down. Every purify proc requires a holy path to catch up. If they keep procing, we can't hit them, and they end up lasting longer than barbs.

Additionally, there is a serious delay in the way the game registers range. If you were trying to chase someone with teleport stun, it won't even work. You have to run until you're about 30m away to use a 35m skill due to that delay.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Did anyone test whether Belief (genie skill) counters disarming skills?

It should be able to block it if you use it before the disarm goes off considering it also blocks SoG. I'm pretty sure you can't purify disarm though so Faith can only block, not remove, in this instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    It should be able to block it if you use it before the disarm goes off considering it also blocks SoG. I'm pretty sure you can't purify disarm though so Faith can only block, not remove, in this instance.

You can purify disarm, my cleric friend does it all the time. So Faith should work in theory.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    You can purify disarm, my cleric does it all the time. So Faith should work in theory.

My mistake then. Faith will probably work in this case, but I feel like I'd rather save genie energy for a different skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• burningsweetfire
    edited April 2013
    My mistake then. Faith will probably work in this case, but I feel like I'd rather save genie energy for a different skill.

Faith is my getaway skill if I'm getting ganked, otherwise I would just holy path right out.

I can say not a lot of veno in NW purge, they sadly rather DD. If I get purged, it's always the same veno.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Purify really isn't a problem when everyone is end game (pretty well balanced imo). The only time it is an issue is when an end game caster goes up against undergeared opponents, which imo is not something that should be considered when determining balance. Nobody seems to complain about the massive unfair advantage that a mediocre geared 100+ char would have going against 1000 3x chars.. it is understood that there is a massive gap in character ability due to gear. This is really the same thing for the purify debate, and I think the real issue people have is just the huge advantage new gear sets have over the previous ones (r8 dominates TT99, r9 dominates r8, r9rr dominates r9.. and this trend will almost certainly continue into the future).

Unfortunately, this is the way the company continues to bring in money.. releases new gear which makes the previous gear uncompetitive, and gives the players a reason to throw money at the game again.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Purify really isn't a problem when everyone is end game (pretty well balanced imo). The only time it is an issue is when an end game caster goes up against undergeared opponents, which imo is not something that should be considered when determining balance. Nobody seems to complain about the massive unfair advantage that a mediocre geared 100+ char would have going against 1000 3x chars.. it is understood that there is a massive gap in character ability due to gear. This is really the same thing for the purify debate, and I think the real issue people have is just the huge advantage new gear sets have over the previous ones (r8 dominates TT99, r9 dominates r8, r9rr dominates r9.. and this trend will almost certainly continue into the future).

Unfortunately, this is the way the company continues to bring in money.. releases new gear which makes the previous gear uncompetitive, and gives the players a reason to throw money at the game again.

b:dirtyb:dirty + 10000 nothing changed game still unbalancedb :cute
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sure a veno to purge helps but mostly against arcanes which are r93 it is r93 archers that will kill them. Archers kill me more than anything else. I even think I say where that cleric aeliah mentioned archers being responsible for most of his deaths. With r93 archers you don't need a veno for purge.

As a sin- I agree your pretty well screwed against purify, However sins on our server like goredawn, who are also all r93 are very hard to kill and the hurt really bad. Infact I think last nw he killed me a few times:(
This discussion has been closed.