Would you be impressed if a lvl44 wiz soloed bh29, without a charm??

Options
grandie
grandie Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion

well? would you? here's how

here's a list of my other accomplishments (ALL WITHOUT CHARMS or used any real money on my gear)

(bh 29) Qingzi soloed with my lvl 46 archer
(bh 39) Farren Sereneti soloed with my lvl 51 archer
(bh 39) Calcid soloed with my lvl 54 archer (light armor with fire res. gear)
also soloed the last boss in bh39, with my archer, at lvl60 i think

i've soloed some other "nondungeon" bosses that many of you would consider impossible (for my level at the time). Also i did bunch of Cube of Fate as low level, i actually have a lil map i made about it HERE, it might still be usefull for a lvl 50-70 who wants to earn some money and exp at cube. the "+80k" squares means that you can easily get 80k profit, by selling the crate you get from that room, for 180k at archosaur for example. Rest of them is pretty much self explanatory, atleast if you already have some idea of how cube of fate works.

By now you've noticed that this thread is just me bragging about my awesomeness. I was watching some old threads, where people asked at what level it's appropriate to solo certain BHs. And the answers people gave just weren't true! you can solo fb19, bh29 and even bh39 way earlier than people seem to think b:victory

anyways, if YOU think you've soloed some boss at very low level, by all means post about it here. perhaps with a link to youtube video where you prove it also b:pleased

edited: (after seeing first two pages of comments)
wow this forum was more alive than i expected. I was expecting maybe few if none replies really, cos the game sure is dead, as far as i can see. So yea people don't seem to find my hard work impressive :D

First of all the old threads i was looking, were about 2-3 years old and it was almost 2 years ago now that i soloed bh29 with my lvl44 wizard. I don't know exactly how good the gear has gotten these days.

The bh's i soloed with my archer were before this, so like 2-3 years ago. I remember having genie back then though, and i have to admit soloing bh's would be much harder if not impossible without a genie.
But yea, i dunno what made me post about this after all this time, maybe i was too busy then having fun by doing my daily bh's (back in the days where u could actually get a squad). And trying to convince people to get to the instance, because they did not really believe that i could possibly solo bh29. the reactions were priceless :) and they seemed to enjoy doing bh29 with me, rather than with a high lvl doing everything for them.
I did farm some money, but i never was that rich to buy the best gear anyway. for example i collected even 1 star items, for if they only had ONE elemental resistance, (FIRE). Enough of items like that made it possible to eventually tank Calcid, with huge amounts of kiteing, but still.

Lot of you people make it sound so easy, like every arcane wizard could tank qingzi, just cos he does magic dmg with his ranged attack? I would say a "normal" lvl 4x wizard would just get 2 hitted by qingzi. I was only able to do it for my hunt for EARTH resistance gear, which took weeks if not months to find.

someone said i should solo with my own buffs only. Yes i've soloed bh29 from beginning to end like that, it's just a bit harder. in the video i linked here i actually ran out of my cleric buffs, having to tank qingzi just with my own buffs. Which you guys would know, if you even bothered to watch the video :P i saw part 1 had many views, but part 4/4 only had 2 new views, and 2 votes for "impressed" hmm :D

Oh well i understund you guys have better things to do than watch my 30min long video
Post edited by grandie on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    grandie wrote: »
    By now you've noticed that this thread is just me bragging about my awesomeness.

Orly ???b:laugh
    (too lazy to go find the pic, you know what it looks like anyway)
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

well? would you? here's how

here's a list of my other accomplishments (ALL WITHOUT CHARMS or used any real money on my gear)

(bh 29) Qingzi soloed with my lvl 46 archer
    (bh 39) Farren Sereneti soloed with my lvl 51 archer
    (bh 39) Calcid soloed with my lvl 54 archer (light armor with fire res. gear)
    also soloed the last boss in bh39, with my archer, at lvl60 i think

i've soloed some other "nondungeon" bosses that many of you would consider impossible (for my level at the time). Also i did bunch of Cube of Fate as low level, i actually have a lil map i made about it HERE, it might still be usefull for a lvl 50-70 who wants to earn some money and exp at cube. the "+80k" squares means that you can easily get 80k profit, by selling the crate you get from that room, for 180k at archosaur for example. Rest of them is pretty much self explanatory, atleast if you already have some idea of how cube of fate works.

By now you've noticed that this thread is just me bragging about my awesomeness. I was watching some old threads, where people asked at what level it's appropriate to solo certain BHs. And the answers people gave just weren't true! you can solo fb19, bh29 and even bh39 way earlier than people seem to think b:victory

anyways, if YOU think you've soloed some boss at very low level, by all means post about it here. perhaps with a link to youtube video where you prove it also b:pleased

Grats on your achievements. I think the reason the answers you saw "weren't true" is because as you said, they were old threads and gear was not nearly as good then XD But still, congrats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Pretty nice. I don't find it really impressive, but I do find it nice that there are still players trying such things (with all the "need high lvl help for bhX". So voted "a bit".
    I was watching some old threads, where people asked at what level it's appropriate to solo certain BHs. And the answers people gave just weren't true! you can solo fb19, bh29 and even bh39 way earlier than people seem to think b:victory

For the good order, the old makes all the difference. Keep in mind that when those threads were made, there were some major differences, mainly :
    - No genie to lure, which matters a lot.
    - 1* bleu gear and 2* crafted armor was the norm. Shards and even +1/2 refines were a real luxury. Your weap would have been considered godly back then (no divines).
    - Those threads were usually self buffed and not many "high levels" to buff you. Mentality has changed a lot on that.

If you do it without genie, with 1* / 2* gear and self buffed, I'll be really impressed.

EDIT: QQ text got cut off again.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Not hating on you man, but if you did that with npc gear for your level, then that would be awesome hehe.

And taking out the genie. And only your own buffs (be strict on that **** yo) :3

Althought i like the way the new (and some) free gears help people to do amazing things by old standards, i feel they might be creating a new breed of players :3

Which kind, i don't know.

And i don't even want to.

But yeah really cool :3
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Done this stuff as well on my toons but I find it bit unnecessary to post about it... If you weren't bragging you wouldn't post the poll in the first place.

No, it's not impressive.
    Yes, it's cool that you try and be able to do stuff.

It's all about common sense of your skills and possibly genie usage. Nothing else.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Chin, Mausoleum Watchman

Wizard level 59 tanking his bh39. And since now x2 mold dropped

You can if you will create low-level Cleric at Raging Tide server (to see it since he can fly), but I will post some screenshots.

Here is example (Wizard level 54 kill cultivation bosses):

Omnipotent Drake (click each link to see images):

just (http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7224/26437197.jpg)
    example (http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3156/24204073.jpg)
    of (http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1951/95573465a.jpg)
    fight (http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2415/59532309.jpg)
    with (http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6968/31357794.jpg)
    Omnipotent Drake (http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6712/63549188.jpg).

Same for Kashu the Hirudini Myriadept (click each link to see images):

just (http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7007/18278199.jpg)
    example (http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6067/41527665.jpg).

Hard mode. Wizard level 65 tanking his bh51

This is just example of what Wizard can do.

For example, for cultivation boss Zimo:
    Zimo
    Zimo finished

Wizard in PvE. Some moments (my molds and drops)

Can Wizard tank these bosses ?
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    By some strange coincidence the bosses you did on archer and wiz are easier to range tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Grats on your achievements. I think the reason the answers you saw "weren't true" is because as you said, they were old threads and gear was not nearly as good then XD

This.

But interesting cube map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Kerius - Dreamweaver
    Kerius - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm actually very curious as to why anyone wouldn't think this is impressive. It's utter awesomeness in my book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm actually very curious as to why anyone wouldn't think this is impressive. It's utter awesomeness in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slhDRd6wr5Q [yes I'm still a nub and forgot how to turn the URL into clickable text.]

Had a wizard done this in the earlier years of the game, then yes it would be impressive. Like I and others have said however, it's not really the highest achievement [and something I wouldn't brag about on forums tbh] considering how the game has evolved since those bosses were implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a cleric can do this.

No - it's not that impressive for a mage to fight a mob that uses ranged magic attacks.

I've solo'd half of BH59 on my psychic
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You do know most are going to say its not impressive but in fact here know it can be done but never attempted or if they did attempt it they failed at it
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    What's really impressive is actually getting a squad of 4x players together to do BH29 and doing the whole thing through teamwork rather than gear.

I'm not saying this isn't a good acheivement - it is refreshing to see someone challenging themselves at 4x, rather than just aspiring to be the next hyper baby. But now I want to see a video of you getting some 4xs together and whipping them into shape as a proper BH team. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • gibbertyflibbet
    gibbertyflibbet Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I hate to poo-poo all over this guys accomplishments, but on returning to this game (I played before the Earthguard Expansion and left just after the Tideborn one) I can't help but notice that anything below lvl 70 has been made easier, and most likely everything after lvl 70 as well (my toon is only lvl 70 atm). Like, a lot easier. So much easier in fact that I soloed my culti 59 without charms and didn't feel a sense of accomplishment for it whatsoever. Heck, I could even solo BH51 at around lvl 60.

This game is pretty much a private server now, it's ridiculous how easy it's become. Squad? What's that? Solo everything b:angry
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Just last night I did a faction BH39 run (my 5x BM and cleric, a 60 venomancer who needed it, and a 75 barb who wanted to help.) At the entrance I spotted a 50 sin and whispered him saying we had 2 spots open; after asking our levels he offered to let us join his party with 103 sin. My reply? Where's the fun in that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • gibbertyflibbet
    gibbertyflibbet Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Fun? What is this thing you call fun? I thought the whole point of this game was to get to lvl 101+ in a day, reroll a new toon then repeat the process ad infinitum, ocassionally making time to show off OP gear and compare e-peen sizes.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    its not a surprising thing but its a notable achievement still. Reminds me of the old days
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's nice to see ya tryin stuff out. However, I'm not surprised. Seeing how much the game has expanded, it would not be hard soloing those bosses. Now if ya did Polearm in BH69 at 7x / 8x, we'll talk.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • someshine
    someshine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Cant remember the exact lvl, but I did one of the FB19's with my Veno at around lvl 30.. :)

But from what I can understand Venos (well their pets - if they choose the right one) can solo stuff quite "early" in general..

Is that true, or just hearsay?
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    someshine wrote: »
    Cant remember the exact lvl, but I did one of the FB19's with my Veno at around lvl 30.. :)

But from what I can understand Venos (well their pets - if they choose the right one) can solo stuff quite "early" in general..

Is that true, or just hearsay?

That is definately true. Venos have a tank and act as healer all by themselves. That is the basic of squadplay but you dont need the squad :)

Other than that, back on topic. I think there are 2 ways of special chievement imo. The first way is proving that you are extremely patient. The other way is when you need an extraordinary combination of skills, speed and timing to manage something in the game. This looks very much like the first of these 2. While i also applaud you for actually playing and not powerleveling. I never find these patience effords where you just take your time singling out opponents and kiting trough the whole dungeon and back a truely impressive performance.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    what the panda said

my best one was doing my fb 19 back in 2008, with 4 archers and 2 clerics, everyone around lv 19-20.
    it was fun
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I guess I would be...damn this thread is bringing back some memories >.>
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Arwia - Momaganon
    Arwia - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Dreamchaser gear is kinda OP... I soloed culti 49 with my lvl49 sin. Yeah, she was fully buffed, and armour +3 (not really sharded) and +5 daggers, but that's Dreamchaser for you.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Happy to see it, don't get me wrong, but for me this also isn't something that impressive.

Heck, the fact that I solo'd my cleric's FB19/29/39 at level back before genies doesn't impress me that much overall because it really wasn't that tough due to knowing what I was doing. I'm glad to see someone who isn't aiming to rush to hyper it up, though. So credit where it's due.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Dreamchaser gear is kinda OP... I soloed culti 49 with my lvl49 sin. Yeah, she was fully buffed, and armour +3 (not really sharded) and +5 daggers, but that's Dreamchaser for you.

Dreamchaser pack is really good, plus now they get free charm everyday.

I would be impress if someone cannot solo it.

But Gz to the OP. It's always exciting the first time we solo something, but it's not impressive anymore for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • tienkun
    tienkun Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    honestly, you'd have to be downright stupid not to give this guy credit for that. most of you who disagree it's pro are just a buncha salty haters. furthermore he isnt dreamchaser, and he isnt charmed. i doubt most of you frost babies could do this, so either give this guy props or s.t.f.u and leave.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    tienkun wrote: »
    honestly, you'd have to be downright stupid not to give this guy credit for that. most of you who disagree it's pro are just a buncha salty haters. furthermore he isnt dreamchaser, and he isnt charmed. i doubt most of you frost babies could do this, so either give this guy props or s.t.f.u and leave.

Are you aware that by making your first forum post to defend OP, you kinda make him look like a pathethic guy who uses an alt to come to his own aid ? Not very nice of you towards OP b:chuckle
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Are you aware that by making your first forum post to defend OP, you kinda make him look like a pathethic guy who uses an alt to come to his own aid ? Not very nice of you towards OP b:chuckle

b:chuckle maybe it is, I see post count: 1

It also shows he is inexperienced about the forums. His post was also edited by the mod, so yea... it really does show insult to the OP.
  • grandie
    grandie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    oh em gee tienkun, look what you did b:laugh