Reflect skills are glitched?!

Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
I just recently did multiple duel test with a seeker same lvl and same geared as me and I found out that all 3 reflect skills for veno is glitched. For example Bramble Hoods says it refs 200% of dmg back to melee players but when I read the chat logs sometimes it refs back less than 100% and other times between 50% and 200%. Also same with the morai ref skill Blazing Barrier. b:surrender b:surrender
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure, I just like it when I am on my barb and a aps sin tries to aps me and dies. All i get is some tickles b:chuckle. lmao but seriously there could be unknowns that could cause that or out right glitches.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just recently did multiple duel test with a seeker same lvl and same geared as me and I found out that all 3 reflect skills for veno is glitched. For example Bramble Hoods says it refs 200% of dmg back to melee players but when I read the chat logs sometimes it refs back less than 100% and other times between 50% and 200%. Also same with the morai ref skill Blazing Barrier. b:surrender b:surrender

Let's say your pdef is 2000. Lets say someone hits you and their attack is 10,000 and their pdef is 6000. Lets say you take 500 damage. It reflects back 200% back at them but they have 3x the defense you do. So they take 333 damage.

It isn't broken, you just don't understand your own skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...Pan Gu kills a kitty everytime a veno doesn't know how reflect works f:grin
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let's say your pdef is 2000. Lets say someone hits you and their attack is 10,000 and their pdef is 6000. Lets say you take 500 damage. It reflects back 200% back at them but they have 3x the defense you do. So they take 333 damage.

arent you this one guy that nobody likes because of posts like that? learn to read before you give out your "advices".

Xdmghyper: could it be connected with zerk/crit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    arent you this one guy that nobody likes because of posts like that? learn to read before you give out your "advices".

Beside the tones he was right...

the damage reflected is calculated as an attack made by the veno, based on the amount of damage received before the defence\def and atk levels calculations.

Soooo if a veno has low attack levels\low defence levels\low phisical def, it's easy to see how the damage reflected will be much less than expected at a first sight f:cute
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited April 2013

I'm that one guy who can read and use critical thinking skills.

Aren't you that one guy who spent thousands on r9 gear and goon glitched to 105 so has no idea wtf the mechanics of this game are?

It must be depressing to have blown all that cash on a dying server with a dwindling population.
    Then again, you might like being king c.ock in the little hen house.

Best hope for that server merge.

On topic, refer to my first post for the exact and correct answer to the OPs question and feel free to close this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Aren't you that one guy who spent thousands on r9 gear and goon glitched to 105 so has no idea wtf the mechanics of this game are?

It must be depressing to have blown all that cash on a dying server with a dwindling population.

On topic, refer to my first post for the exact and correct answer to the OPs question and feel free to close this thread.

Daaaaayuuummm

Fool just got served, Kni must be in bad mood this morning.
  • IsisBlack - Lost City
    IsisBlack - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013

LOL BURN!!!

And really? This is Veno basics 101
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013

"Same geared as me"... you're both in heavy armor? It makes a huge difference if the veno is wearing arcane in human form, or heavy in foxform.

It isn't unusual for a herc to receive ~900 damage from a heavy hitting boss, and its 70% reflect to do over 3000 damage to the boss, because of the difference in pdef.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    <---102 demon veno

Loves her bramble and blazing berrier <3

Ignore the seeker comment lol. RRR9 seekers hurt others just tickle me :D lol
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seekers' ranged skills trigger bramble too f:confused
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Have to also keep in mind that not 100% of the damage dealt by a Seeker's skills is physical melee. That's going to have a big impact on the amount of damage reflected as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • titotit
    titotit Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Lol! I think RankNine will think twice before being a d.ick

SweetieBot please assign Kniraven - Lost City 10 points for shutting up a troll
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    titotit wrote: »
    SweetieBot please assign Kniraven - Lost City 10 points for shutting up a troll
    What is your name?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good job Sweetiebot, ignore these people who are afraid to show who they are ingame f:sneaky
  • titotit
    edited April 2013
    What is your name?

I honestly don't have the energy to argue with a machine right now so please jus award the player the points or tell me what I did wrong in the request so I can fix itb:surrender

Edit: TitotitoJR - Raging Tide <
    my name, if it still counts
  • titotit
    edited April 2013
    Good job Sweetiebot, ignore these people who are afraid to show who they are ingame f:sneaky

Ohh that's why? I have no idea why I have a stone face it was like that from my first post ever, I was told its a glitch in a earlier post, if u can fix it pls do b:thanks
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    titotit wrote: »
    I honestly don't have the energy to argue with a machine right now so please jus award the player the points or tell me what I did wrong in the request so I can fix itb:surrender

Edit: TitotitoJR - Raging Tide <
    my name, if it still counts

You just have to copy and paste off of this topic:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

Basically, Assign isn't a command that SweetieBot recognize.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SweetieBot please award 10 points to Kniraven - Lost City for shutting up a troll.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SweetieBot please award 10 points to Kniraven - Lost City for shutting up a troll.
    Decus - Dreamweaver awards 10 points to Kniraven - Lost City!
    Kniraven - Lost City is now in 16th place for April 2013 with 10 points (50 points overall).
    Decus - Dreamweaver can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• RankNine - Momaganon
    edited April 2013

i am the guy that never spent a single euro into this game and reached 104 and 105 just this year by doing solo pv and fc. when the goon glitch was fixed, i was a lvl 100 veno, slowly farming my r9 for the archer. i was a veno on every serer and im not the worst ever. and what are you doing? you think you know it all just by judging someone on his level? you are an idiot, sir. a giant one.

and the venos question was NOT answered correctly, you did NOT read correctly. read again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Isn't this guy some "Know it all BM" that got trolled hard in Sanc forums for posting a Video while he had expel on his genie as a BM roflb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited April 2013

i am the guy that never spent a single euro into this game and reached 104 and 105 just this year by doing solo pv and fc. when the goon glitch was fixed, i was a lvl 100 veno, slowly farming my r9 for the archer. i was a veno on every serer and im not the worst ever. and what are you doing? you think you know it all just by judging someone on his level? you are an idiot, sir. a giant one.

and the venos question was NOT answered correctly, you did NOT read correctly. read again.

Her question was answered.
    The skill is not glitched.
    An explanation of her misunderstanding was given.

You appear to be the one not reading or understanding.

@the dbag above me, I'm not really sure what you're referring to but I did at one point have expel on a genie that I shared with my seeker. I assume you're referring to it. Was used for Zhenning. I definitely haven't ever advocated putting it on one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought they nerfed Bramble Hood's PVP side?
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought they nerfed Bramble Hood's PVP side?

In open map PVP, the only part of Bramble Hood that works is the 75% damage reduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    @Kniraven
    you are such an ignorant ****...her question was NOT answered. she did not ask how refelct dmg works, everyone knows that. her question was this:
    ... but when I read the chat logs sometimes it refs back less than 100% and other times between 50% and 200%. Also same with the morai ref skill Blazing Barrier. b:surrender b:surrender

and its NOT answered. if you try to help people, do it and i appreciate it. if you just wanna appear smart (and you obviously do) then gtfo and leave this to peope with more knowledge than you. maybe you spend more time ingame than in the forums and one day you have my gear and level. have a nice day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    @Kniraven
    you are such an ignorant ****...her question was NOT answered. she did not ask how refelct dmg works, everyone knows that. her question was this:

and its NOT answered. if you try to help people, do it and i appreciate it. if you just wanna appear smart (and you obviously do) then gtfo and leave this to peope with more knowledge than you. maybe you spend more time ingame than in the forums and one day you have my gear and level. have a nice day.

I've played PWI since 2008.
    A year before PWI was released I played PW MY-EN
    My gear is full r9rr +10

Have any other insults to pull out of your butt?

The OP clearly believes that if he/she takes 500 dmg from a physical melee skill at 200% reflect, that an opponent ought to take 1000

When I get home from work I'll just fraps a video for you.
    Proving to an idiot their own ineptitude clearly requires a visual aid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This thread is being dragged into a personal argument so the panda is left with no choice but to end it.

If people want to bicker back and forth do it in PM's. There is no need from Fuzzy's point of view for it to show up in this way.

-closed-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
This discussion has been closed.