Last Warsong boss (Incarcerate) bugs

Options
Desdi - Sanctuary
Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Quality Corner
I'm not sure if this has been addressed before but the last boss in the Warsong instance, namely Incarcerate, seems to bug sometimes.
It's not a huge issue as it doesn't happen too often but I think it should be noted.

Known bugs:
-The boss seems to reset if it touches corners and a few other certain spots. Unfortunately I don't have the exact information about the exact spots/corners the boss seem to reset yet.

-It doesn't always occur but sometimes when it resets it will spawn multiple adds as seen here. The adds may end up chasing the players too as seen here.

-Additionally, when the three "105" adds spawn and the right one is killed the boss bugs sometimes and its self buff doesn't wear off. (Need to get screenshots of this too).

-Sometimes it spawns all the different adds at once or skips spawning some of them. I know this is highly affected by the speed of killing.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
Post edited by Desdi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Regarding the adds, the Withered Mummies, I believe (though I could be wrong) that they are supposed to spawn. I'll try to get you an answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Regarding the adds, the Withered Mummies, I believe (though I could be wrong) that they are supposed to spawn. I'll try to get you an answer.

Based on my knowledge, The Withered Mummy is meant to spawn once immediately upon the boss becoming aggroed. However, if the boss is attacked while it is in the process of resetting, it will spawn multiple copies of that mob. This is the same bug that was exploited for the Glacix Dragoon glitch in the Frostcovered City. Luckily, Withered Mummy don't have a lot of exp.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Based on my knowledge, The Withered Mummy is meant to spawn once immediately upon the boss becoming aggroed. However, if the boss is attacked while it is in the process of resetting, it will spawn multiple copies of that mob. This is the same bug that was exploited for the Glacix Dragoon glitch in the Frostcovered City. Luckily, Withered Mummy don't have a lot of exp.

i think u mean "unluckily" :P
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Also a warsong boss glitch, but not Incacerate so split the thread if necessary...

The wood pavilion boss (I don't know his name off the top of my head) sometimes randomly hits players in the squad for 8 to 10-digit damage numbers (tens to thousands of millions in damage). If it is by design, there is nothing in game to indicate that it will happen or why it happens.

This is unrelated to what happens if you don't kill all the mobs in that pavilion which leads to him doing exactly 50,000 damage to each player and is by design.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genotypist
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hi Desdi,
    the issues you listed are all symptoms of the same intended behavior. You're not supposed to move Incacerate around much, if even at all. The boss is prone to reset primarily to prevent certain unintended "intelligent uses of game mechanics".

The only thing the devs couldn't get me an answer to is the third issue regarding the boss' self-buff. Since I can't reproduce this issue myself, I'll need more info to go on.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hi Desdi,
    the issues you listed are all symptoms of the same intended behavior. You're not supposed to move Incacerate around much, if even at all. The boss is prone to reset primarily to prevent certain unintended "intelligent uses of game mechanics".

The only thing the devs couldn't get me an answer to is the third issue regarding the boss' self-buff. Since I can't reproduce this issue myself, I'll need more info to go on.

From what I gather the glitch where the buff that prevents the Incarcerate from taking much damage when the three level 105 mobs spawn seems to last the normal duration, as if the mobs are still alive. It does not fail, the buff simply does not time out when the mobs are registered as dead and lasts the duration of the mobs staying alive without being attacked. While one minute is not long, this is also 300 hits for a 5 aps class.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • genotypist
    edited April 2013
    Options
    From what I gather the glitch where the buff that prevents the Incarcerate from taking much damage when the three level 105 mobs spawn seems to last the normal duration, as if the mobs are still alive. It does not fail, the buff simply does not time out when the mobs are registered as dead and lasts the duration of the mobs staying alive without being attacked. While one minute is not long, this is also 300 hits for a 5 aps class.
    Ah I see. The reply I received is that this is by design. Incacerate and its lackeys aren't supposed to go down that quickly, and its buff is reflective of that. While we don't actively discourage players from every intelligent usage of game mechanics (5 aps being the issue in question), the result is sometimes the encounter doesn't play out as it was meant to.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ah I see. The reply I received is that this is by design. Incacerate and its lackeys aren't supposed to go down that quickly, and its buff is reflective of that. While we don't actively discourage players from every intelligent usage of game mechanics (5 aps being the issue in question), the result is sometimes the encounter doesn't play out as it was meant to.

I don't really mind it. It gives a sense of challenge back into the game for a moment, which being honest, has been lost for a while now. If it were up to me I'd keep it. Just sharing my info ^^
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I don't really mind it. It gives a sense of challenge back into the game for a moment, which being honest, has been lost for a while now. If it were up to me I'd keep it. Just sharing my info ^^

b:victory me to, he should also have a non purgable bramble b:thanks
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options

I don't mind it really, just sucks when it resets or suddenly spawns 15+ adds b:shocked so I was wondering if there's something that can be done about it but it sounds like it's the same as the old FCC goon glitch which was never fixed (probably due to being unable to find a proper fixing).
  • NightLace_ - Sanctuary
    NightLace_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    b:chuckle Really don't know if this has been addressed yet, but we were fighting Warsong boss, and then...
    Dun dun dun...
    DEAR GOD!
    http://i44.tinypic.com/2mzhfp.jpg
    http://i42.tinypic.com/epj5vm.jpg
    The horror!
    All 5 ads, 3 of each!
    We managed to finally bring the boss back to normal, and what we did was pull the boss outside of the mobs, let it spawn more, then squad wipe all of us! b:shockedb:angry But boss be scary, boss be angry!b:beg Hope this gets fixed, for the final boss in Warsong is taking over the Perfect World!b:shocked
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Is everyone playing PWI on a toaster or something? Most screens i see are at low details... how can someone play like this.. well fine.

But this bug is mentioned before, nothing new.

I know 2 ways of doing this, first is luring the boss to a corner and it can spawn adds (while it resets or within a fight, both happend to me) and when the Boss is killed too fast, then serval adds can spawn.

Edit: Like this thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1581931&highlight=Warsong
  • NightLace_ - Sanctuary
    NightLace_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    As I said, didn't know if it was already posted or not! Thank you!b:thanks
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I have a feeling that this thread will soon be closed, as the glitch description isn't very descriptive. If this thread is going to live, I suggest the OP edits his post to include more information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    oh wow that looks fun! b:pleased

Reminds me of dragging an army of physical immune mobs on my barb to the earth paviolion and see everyone drop over the edge like real fast

f:victoryf:victoryf:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Merged with the existing thread instead. More details would be nice, however.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I did report this a while ago and genotypist took notice of it but we don't have further answers.

It mostly occurs when the boss resets randomly (usually by hitting a corner and finding no collision) or when it's killed way too fast. I don't think there's much to do about it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Merged with the existing thread instead. More details would be nice, however.

Dammit kossy you totally confused me there for a moment and I thought I just necro'd my old thread!
  • Celestris - Sanctuary
    Celestris - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'd like to add that I've run into the issue shown in the screenshot posted by the OP here

Basically what happened to me was that I had aggro (aka was being attacked) by Incacerate, died, and Blazefist Orc (the 4th add) popped on me after I had been teleported back to the entrance of warsong.

I would have expected Blazefist Orc to pop next to Incacerate instead since I had already died.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'd like to add that I've run into the issue shown in the screenshot posted by the OP here

Basically what happened to me was that I had aggro (aka was being attacked) by Incacerate, died, and Blazefist Orc (the 4th add) popped on me after I had been teleported back to the entrance of warsong.

I would have expected Blazefist Orc to pop next to Incacerate instead since I had already died.

This is unrelated to the issue of the thread. The adds spawn next to a random player in the instance. It doesn't matter where they are in the instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]