Remove Purify Proc: Y/N. We had it coming!

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    indeed very true every single bit of your statment, seems casters really want the ability to survive forever and this skill so helps them do that in more ways than one ALBEIT it's mainly happening in nw from my knowledge and also kill very easily, while ha users struggle to do either... specifically bms. (Even when i had some aps gear on my barb it still survived better than the bm. (still was using the exact same gear/apoless/charmless then too.)

Yeah. I can see how people could complain about APS at mid game, since you don't sacrifice a whole lot, and the APS user will be pouring everything into their weapon to be more effective while others don't really do that at that tier of gear. But past that, when you're dealing with R9+, the defense gets to the point where at equal levels of refines and shards the Arcane or Light Armor in question will have enough time to react to the APSer. Sure, the APSer will still have good damage, but it's not as OP as it's made out to be. Casters are sacrificing none of their defense or attack power for Purify Spell.

If I could take one skill from another class's genie, I'd take Solid Shield. Unf.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Umm purify works just fine. If they nerfed or changed it after spending all my farmed/cash shoped coin to get it- I and many more would simply quit. Pretty soon you'll be playing pwi all alone.

If you are having trouble killing r93 arcanes then perhaps you should task a couple r93 archers to kill them. r93 archers eat them up very fast even with 19-20k life.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    PvP is broken beyond repair even without the OP purify spell. b:bye
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Umm purify works just fine. If they nerfed or changed it after spending all my farmed/cash shoped coin to get it- I and many more would simply quit. Pretty soon you'll be playing pwi all alone.

If you are having trouble killing r93 arcanes then perhaps you should task a couple r93 archers to kill them. r93 archers eat them up very fast even with 19-20k life.

And what about all the money people farmed/cash shopped for their APS sets? They didn't quit, they adapted. Regardless of the proc, you have the BEST weapon and gear in the game, whereas those APS users who had their gear and weapon that they worked so hard to get become completely useless. They had to get whole new sets of gear, weapon, and refines just to be competitive again. So even if Purify Spell was removed/nerfed, you'd still be in a far better boat than melee classes that relied on APS gear. The "durr muh gear nerfed so peepz quit" thing goes both ways, and guess what, it happened to APS users first, and they didn't quit. Arcanes won't either.

Now, please give me something better than "Durr dey no shud nerf cuz me spendz moniez on it!!!!"
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Sure, you keep your purify spell and we'll take away all your attack level, defenses, and hp, since clearly the only thing you spent money on was purify only.

If arcanes had low defenses to begin with and easily die in a few hits then sure, maybe purify makes sense. Arcanes are not squishy though and can survive long enough for purify to proc several times before being at risk of dying.
    Is it broken that a wizard gives us that much trouble, yes. Is it impossible to stop, no.

Things shouldn't be broken. Its not impossible, but still shouldn't be broken.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sure aps got the short end of the stick, but they have had it on top for like the last several years. If they feel like nerfing purify in 2-3 years then sure np.
  • Caecilie - Lothranis
    Caecilie - Lothranis Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Like seriously...

*Assa/BM with double damage ability + stun lock can easly kill arcane classes. SO OVERPOWERED!
    *Barb and Seeker can easly one-shot (strong skill+double damage+crit) any arcane classes. SO OVERPOWERED!
    *Archer can Purge+Ampf+makes our charm 3 more sec cooldown+stun from even 40 meters range and then auto attack kill any arcane classes. SO OVERPOWERED!

The only reason you complain about Purify Spell is the situation when R9 Arcane win NW because of weak opponents or aps noobs.
    1. The NW is ONLY one thing.
    2. You can easly kill arcane anyway! It doesn't give any extra def. or anything at all.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Like seriously...

*Assa/BM with double damage ability + stun lock can easly kill arcane classes. SO OVERPOWERED!
    *Barb and Seeker can easly one-shot (strong skill+double damage+crit) and arcane classes. SO OVERPOWERED!
    *Archer can Purge+Ampf+makes our charm 3 more sec cooldown+stun from even 40 meters range and then auto attack kill any arcane classes. SO OVERPOWERED!

The only reason you complain about Purify Spell is the situation when R9 Arcane win NW because of weak opponents or aps noobs.
    1. The NW is ONLY one thing.
    2. You can easly kill arcane anyway! It doesn't give any extra def. or anything at all.

If you really think sutnlocking is overpowered I seriously suggest you take a stroll in a bms shoes. YES we have our marrows and ultimately they do help but only a VERY little. (after all they have to deal with both melee attacks and magical attacks which can easily be coming from anywhere and seriously hurt) Without isnane gears you will NOT have much of a chance to stun lock ANYONE especially in nw. Not to mention how chi consuming it is, yes there is apo, genie etc, but it can so be hard keeping that all in stock/cooldown enough to conitniously pull off a stunlock... while with the purify skill it can happen endlessly if ppl allow it too. stunlocking on a bm only works if your 1 on 1, have the chiand even if the other person isnt prepared to break it one way or another (apo is carried around so often these days you all wouldnt be missing much if they did something to this weapon skill... hell mostt people including myself are for you all keeping the 'stun prevention' just remove the speed boostand perhaps even the remove debuff add) besides how many times/often is it that a bm is alone with someone long enough to really stunlock them, before the other person finds/remembers a way out of it.

Casters dont need insane survivablity (which this skill on the weapon so helps them with) as well as a extraordinary almost superhuman ability to slaughter anyone and everyone in their sight. (unless its another caster.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think it should be removed, just nerfed/modified. I've always thought that the Purify proc should just Purify the target and maybe give the anti-stun buff.

The thing is that Purify proc is pretty OP on people that have OP gear but it won't do much on people with lower refines/shards/gear (R8r weapons). Those people will die before Purify can mess up and annoy people enough.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Caecilie - Lothranis
    Caecilie - Lothranis Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Casters dont need insane survivablity (which this skill on the weapon so helps them with) as well as a extraordinary almost superhuman ability to slaughter anyone and everyone in their sight. (unless its another caster.)

Why they don't need? Maybe it's the way casters should be?
    What should casters have if not Purify? Berz? You would complain so much then. Purge? You would complain even more. Nothing? Why they would be sufferer of lack extra ability?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    What should casters have if not Purify? Berz? You would complain so much then. Purge? You would complain even more. Nothing? Why they would be sufferer of lack extra ability?

Infinite seems suitable.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013

You would hate us too if we had a haxed ability to avoid pretty much anything you threw at us + died EXTREMELY easily to us. Ijs <3 (Casters have real decent sruvivability even without the purify skill to remove prectically everything thrown at them. (if the circumstances allow it of course) No ha class comes close to having both survivablity as well as a ability to slaughter anything and everything in their sight, sure their are ways each ha class can make it look like they can do one or the either, but none do both so well that its downright scary to most people on magic classes. (I so see way more people on magic/ranged classes in nw. Granted that there are more classes to cover those criteria, but still, I do not see many bms in nw at all, even barbs seem to be few and far betwen.) I am not saying that bms, barbs, etc arent there, it just seems like a lot less ppl participate on them in nation wars.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Darren_Kris - Lothranis
    Darren_Kris - Lothranis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    since all the QQ is directed to NW, what if the devs block purify spell in NW in the same way they blocked veno reflect in world pk?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    since all the QQ is directed to NW, what if the devs block purify spell in NW in the same way they blocked veno reflect in world pk?

That would probably indeed stop the QQ from the ha users. lol, but sadly some casters would so feel jipped.

ALbeit... its just like any other desicion to try and 'balance' out things people will undoubtedly be upset nigh no matter what you come up with. (if its not one side it will be the other.) The Endless cycle of you can't please everyone so to speak. xD

---

I still am in favor of the modify it, definitely dont want it removed completely, as it is now its definitely overpowered whether ppl like to admit it or not.

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Voted to keep it the way it is. Yes it's OP, but it was a counter to other OP stuff/classes.

I wouldn't mind a rehaul in a global context of rebalancing all classes. A change where it only purifies seal/stun/immobilize/freeze but not debuffs/amps doesn't sound bad, but I doubt that will be realistic.

I don't really find the puri proc in NW that much of an issue for flag carrying. When I see barbs/bms/sins/archers running from flag spawn to capture point with the anti-stun measures only run out 3m before the capture point while they so fast I can pull 1 skill at them tops, I don't think a caster being fast when they actually are getting hit is that much off a problem. If they disable puri proc in NW (or just when having the flag), they should also disable apo use imo.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Lol @ eat r93 arcanes with 19-20k life. Have u ever seen me hit fayhumming?
    Archers dmg is only good on low to medium refines ( refine 5 to +10/11 all) once max geared it's pretty pathetic as archer to even bother. My only chance at fay in NW example is to spark and simply hope purge proc.

ofcourse is purify useless to som1 with medium refiens, who get hit by som1 with high refines.. because they die before they can react or cast enough spells to kill the person first. as many other things it's only a OP thing with high refines, like SF for psy or the defence / zerk crits of full +12 r93 seekers. exact same thing there, seekers kinda **** until very good egar, same for low SF psy's.
    And those with low to medium gears+refine, simply cannot understand how op it is with max gear, as they're not there.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I voted to keep Purify the way it is right now because, while I don't have it yet, I honestly think it doesn't make that much of a difference. Let's look at the situation you brought up, where Adroit(or really, any other OP-geared wizard) can solo 20 other people in NW. He has OP gears. I would presume that those 20 other people are only mid-geared. Purify isn't necessarily going to make much of a difference when you consider those two facts. Even if you took Purify away, I'd bet you anything that a wizard as well-geared as that(and we're talking full +12 r9 3rd cast with some JoSDs here) would still faceroll those 20 people, because none of their gears will even begin to compare.

I say Purify is fine as it is right now, unless you're telling me that Purify, and ONLY Purify, not JoSDs, refines, skills, whatever, allows a caster to solo 20 other EQUALLY-well-geared people. And as far as I can tell? Nope. A r9 3rd cast with full JoSDs and +12 arcane is still going to die if they're put up against 20 other r9 3rd cast with full JoSDs and +12 opponents.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you guys mind that i'm just going to have to give a big LOL towards people who are still claiming sins are OP? b:chuckle sins op... have your brains checked out b:laugh
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think they should keep the purify that way and could remove the increase speed, I think the main problem is not the purify, but the fact the person can be on 200% speed is almost impossible to catch, specially in NW when they use a charger orb.

So to me it's keep the purify the way it is, and remove the speed or if purify get remove then remove purge and all other stuffs like that.

Cause if purify was remove what people will get? -6% chan or the **** 2,1k hp thing while archer can purge? Ehhh nop, wouldn't be fair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Purify is just fine. Leave it alone.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It really says something that over 40% believe there is an issue here.
    That is not an insignificant amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone that says keep it, never specifies a reason other then sins APSing them to death. Really? Thats not a reason gtfo with that old phase of pw.

Most ppl against purify are not all asking to remove it, rather just edit or modify/nerf it in some form
    Im all for the idea that you remove the speed buff and only control skills get "purified"
    All amps stay.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2013

why dont u also say, block zerk and purge in weapon for NW
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i always see psychics or wizard vids as proof purify is OP...
    not all casters are as tanky as wizards or psychics...

where are the 20vs1 cleric,mystic,veno videos?b:bye

also thsi poll is pointless by looking at the number i can see:

wizard,veno,psychi,cleric,veno will take #1
    bm,barb,seeker,archer take #2
    and sins #3
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Darren_Kris - Lothranis
    Darren_Kris - Lothranis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why dont u also say, block zerk and purge in weapon for NW
    melees+archers will QQ how they cant kill casters w/o their procs coz their damage is 'too low'
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Cause if purify was remove what people will get? -6% chan or the **** 2,1k hp thing while archer can purge? Ehhh nop, wouldn't be fair.

GoF of course b:sin
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think if they took out the speed boost but left the anti-stun, that'd work pretty well. Most casters don't run fast, but almost everyone has Holy path. Thus, this would basically make it so casters can really only effectively retreat if their genie is ready for it.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I highly doubt sins are the class that is affected by this the most.
    Did you know debuffs can be purified? How are you going to do high damage if you can't debuff your target?
    its just fine exactly the way it is.

is anyone surprised this is a sin-made thread? if you dont have a high DPH output, you should be trying to immobilize (AND IMMOBILIZE ONLY) a target that has purify.

its not like the proc is that amazing, its that it is that amazing against morons who cant think past "that is target, i must DD target, i am DD"

if you can coordinate a couple high damage skills on the purifyable target at the same time, purify wont stop it from dropping.

damage and purges cant be purified. the concept is not complicated, the problem is the thought process is too simple.

Like i said, its not complicated, you are just thinking too simple.

If you cant do it alone, imobilize an wait for more people. If you cant do it with 10 people, then it is the gear defense and not the weapon, and you are crying about the wrong thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We can like it or dislike it, just like APS where i think i would prefer a cap of 3.33.

But after people have charged their credid cards to get it, there is no way pwi is gonna take it away from them. Only thing you can hope for is something else overpowered to counter it again.

Credit card for aps..lol,there are alot that can actually make the coin in this game,such as me, to get aps gears..no credit card required,though you do have the suckers that do like th equick and easy way because they have no freakin clue on how to make any coin what so ever unless its selling gold or opening packs all day long and looking liek a dummy spending on vaporwear.And now aps is like easy as hell to obtain since crack wars came about..now no one spends cash on the easy gear thye tend to focus cash on the cookie cutter easy to obtain rank9 gear.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Like i said, its not complicated, you are just thinking too simple.

If you cant do it alone, imobilize an wait for more people. If you cant do it with 10 people, then it is the gear defense and not the weapon, and you are crying about the wrong thing.

In previous years if a target significantly outgeared me, it was still possible to stunlock and chip away at them. Superior skill was factor despite gear difference. Working as a team also allowed lesser geared players to take out a significantly better geared target.

Now, skill is not a factor at all in these situations. Twenty poorly geared players can not take down 1 well geared arcane even if that arcane is completely incompetent.

You say that someone with poor gear should only attempt to immobilize the ememy. That is all well and good (despite only really being applicable to NW), but unless there is a heavy DD there with a weapon on par with the enemy's armor, it won't matter.

Personally, I can fight R9 third cast arcanes well enough, but I have equal gear to them. If lesser geared players attempt to help me, I become more likely to lose as a result of the increased proc of purify.

More enemies = greater chance of survival to anyone with purify.

That can not be considered fair.
    If you want to argue against that, then congratulations. You are the new generation of sins that were triple sparking in stealth before the nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.