Pk and tw on RT

Options
2»

Comments

• Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The lower lvl pvp area is great and all but lets face it, there are a lot of people on this game that are there just for the kills and ranking. I've seen lower tier areas made by people for people who want to learn how to PK and get more experience in it then you see those pesky sins and other high refined players going there one shooting the entire area to get themselves free kills.

Hiding the area from these people is close to impossible since the word will always come out where they are located. Don't take this as a negative thing, I'm only stating what will happen, more ideas help determent what can be done to improve PVP on this server so no idea is a bad idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

I think it's fair to say that Spell is not interested in fighting anyone who is not a challenge, although I don't think, or I hope that he means that this would be a server wide thing. Often when people are at west gate fighting there are groups of people who yes, are high refined and well geared. I don't think that the pk should be limited to them, but I don't see a point in lower geared people competing unless they feel like they can, and should perhaps compete amongst themselves. Pk is only fun when it's a challenge, otherwise it just becomes boring very much like nation wars. Perhaps a different location can be used for people who are just starting out, less experienced, less confident or whatever. It should all be in the spirit of fun.

I'm going to suggest something that was suggested by people from all servers which can hopefully be implemented here. The idea of gear range classes could be used, where people are sorted into cata gorier depending on their gear. People can sort themselves into categories, this way no one can complain and "pull the: you're better geared than me" card. This way also, everyone who is, say, 100+ maybe (?) can get a chance and actually learn something.
    I believe everyone is entitled to want their fair fights! So obviously I would not be upset with Spell meaning equally geared people for this. At least for himself. But if there WAS something hammered out for lower geared/learning people on the forums then it might help reinvigorate PvP on the server. Simply because there is less fear of one shot deaths that would make most people a bit upset and disheartened. So going along with your idea maybe we can name a single time per day but have two separate places. At this point (obviously only in my opinion) I feel like I have noticed a clear drop in PK art west because the only people who ever stand out there in white are high gear and refines. So maybe west can stay big boy territory but have Orchid Temple brought back as a PK spot for everyone else? Not as complex of a category but...i doubt people stop QQing on RT anyway no matter what we do. So mine as well have less categories/more room for lower level and gear player involvement.
    (Also for those lower geared or lurking on the forum...if you just ASK some of the higher geared players about a more fair one on one in private they are normally more than willing for me. For examples in my thread Man agreed to keep his armor but downgrade his weapon to my level at least. Does that still give him an advantage? Yes. But nothing to cry about if your goal is learning. My only complaint is getting one shot so early that the entire experience is more a waste of flight/coin/time than it is learning. :)
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
    edited April 2013
    Options
    The lower lvl pvp area is great and all but lets face it, there are a lot of people on this game that are there just for the kills and ranking. I've seen lower tier areas made by people for people who want to learn how to PK and get more experience in it then you see those pesky sins and other high refined players going there one shooting the entire area to get themselves free kills.

Hiding the area from these people is close to impossible since the word will always come out where they are located. Don't take this as a negative thing, I'm only stating what will happen, more ideas help determent what can be done to improve PVP on this server so no idea is a bad idea.

Ahhh the phone makes too slow at typing and I miss this. But maybe it is worth trying out? If it works well enough maybe it can keep the higher leveled and gears amused enough to reduce that kind of thing? Of course there will always be the random twelve year old in good gears with permanent caps lock on and a penchant for killing and laughing about it in WC but...if they are factioned then have their faction mates take care of it while everyone else flames them on WC. sometimes it can serve a good purpose. No. It is not against the rules to one shot lowbies in White...but if we go to the trouble of making something like this ourselves then we mine as well enforce it ourselves. It is up to their faction mates and officers to try to keep a little control of the less...honorable members. Just an idea of course :)

• Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well that was a little....shakey. OK so lets say Silver Pool is where low level PK happens. Now all we need to do is if some high refined player decides to go farm kill them we just have a response team to go take care of them. I think it would stop someone from doing that if they in turn were farm killed into oblivion. Now for the high level PK area. We can break it down into 2 areas. North Arch can be for the uber geared people to fight as much as they want. West can be for more general PK and/or 1 v 1 fights. As far as times go I'm going to suggest 2 time slots, 9 am server time and 6 pm server time. Now I would like some input from the Euro players so maybe there can be some overlap in the times. Take this as a starting point and not what it should be. Please expand on this idea without flaming. For once it seem like people are intersted in the health of the server.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    t
    Well that was a little....shakey. OK so lets say Silver Pool is where low level PK happens. Now all we need to do is if some high refined player decides to go farm kill them we just have a response team to go take care of them. I think it would stop someone from doing that if they in turn were farm killed into oblivion. Now for the high level PK area. We can break it down into 2 areas. North Arch can be for the uber geared people to fight as much as they want. West can be for more general PK and/or 1 v 1 fights. As far as times go I'm going to suggest 2 time slots, 9 am server time and 6 pm server time. Now I would like some input from the Euro players so maybe there can be some overlap in the times. Take this as a starting point and not what it should be. Please expand on this idea without flaming. For once it seem like people are intersted in the health of the server.

The only thing I would expand on or change is the response team idea. While I would LIKE to see this "offender" farm killed into oblivion...getting an actual response team set up for it? I highly doubt it feasible (is that the right word?) If only because the people who could take him/her on are your really high geared players who are probably in the middle of PK themselves (and hopefully having a lot of fun). Having penalties set up and followed through by officers in their faction could also help deter them I believe. I know when I was director of a small faction I demoted one person heavily and banned two others for doing the same thing in SP. I never did see them there again or hear anything about those ones in particular at least.
    Again though. Not shooting it down entirely. Just asking about the general plausibility of an elected police force of you will.

edited April 2013
    Options
    Well I was hoping for more of a voluntary police force than an elected one. It works on 2 fronts if someone has to stop PKing to go deal with someone. It raises the ire of everyone and that alone I would hope stop someone from doing that. It is open PK so they aren't breaking any rules by killing lower level people. I just hope the community can police itself and stop others from farming lower level people. The way I see it being played out is people are PKing in Silver Pool. Someone goes and starts farm killing them. Someone shouts in World Chat so and so is farm killing in SP. A few other higher level people who are PKing say, ok lets put this on hold and go deal with this. Now I understand this is all predicated on the people who see the WC having the moral code to go help. Hell I would even give up some PK time to stay in SP just to protect the people there. Now we need people to respond on times.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Look at u guys all working together to make the pk fun .

lol too many rules on a game and community having to intervene to have the best pk is not an ideal solution. Eventually, someone somewhere out there will always find a way to destroy this and we'll be back to the same position we started with.

The best we can do is try to organize even fights once in a blue moon and hope territory wars are active.

Or find another game to pass time with -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Simple solution to ALL of this. GO TO WEST and FIGHT bring YOUR friends and FIGHT. RUN TO SZ like LADYBLONDEH and DONT FIGHT LOOOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    gtfo elvenne
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well I was hoping for more of a voluntary police force than an elected one. It works on 2 fronts if someone has to stop PKing to go deal with someone. It raises the ire of everyone and that alone I would hope stop someone from doing that. It is open PK so they aren't breaking any rules by killing lower level people. I just hope the community can police itself and stop others from farming lower level people. The way I see it being played out is people are PKing in Silver Pool. Someone goes and starts farm killing them. Someone shouts in World Chat so and so is farm killing in SP. A few other higher level people who are PKing say, ok lets put this on hold and go deal with this. Now I understand this is all predicated on the people who see the WC having the moral code to go help. Hell I would even give up some PK time to stay in SP just to protect the people there. Now we need people to respond on times.
    I'd enjoy playing enforcer... only problem is i do tend to aoe a tad bit b:surrender
    Simple solution to ALL of this. GO TO WEST and FIGHT bring YOUR friends and FIGHT. RUN TO SZ like LADYBLONDEH and DONT FIGHT LOOOL!
    and what ever happened to you elv? you didnt seem to be such a troll-type so often, until last few months that i noticed... guess i had u figured wrong...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Keep your judgmental opinions to yourself. They have no place here and you seem to have a lot of them and they're mostly all wrong. Psychics also have single target spammable skills as well, try using those, if you find that too difficult, don't be a police guy or just reroll.
    I think some of the police force could be people go are pking in west or north, since they'd be in pk mode anyway and we're going to need some sort of invigilator for that pk anyway to just make sure the numbers add up. I like the idea of it being voluntary too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Kastus - Raging Tide
    Kastus - Raging Tide Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Camping Police!

this is what hesoka said when i stopped him from camping low levels!

b:chuckle
    youtube.com/kimbachiboy b:victory

Schooling QQme in The Art of PK since 2012
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Look at u guys all working together to make the pk fun .

lol too many rules on a game and community having to intervene to have the best pk is not an ideal solution. Eventually, someone somewhere out there will always find a way to destroy this and we'll be back to the same position we started with.

The best we can do is try to organize even fights once in a blue moon and hope territory wars are active.

Or find another game to pass time with -.-

I am trying to limit the rules as much as possible. The only rule is don't farm lowbies or get farmed yourself. The only other thing we are trying to coordinate is PK times. If you are west or north and you get ganked then oh well, that's the risk anyone takes. It is still open PK. The only thing we are trying to do is make a time so everyone knows that's when the PKers will be there. Hoping TW is active is a fools errand and gets us no where just as fast. An I already found another game to pass my time with, but that doesn't mean I don't want to have fun here either. And please, to everyone, keep the trolling to a minimum. If you can't keep on topic get the F off this thread.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I am trying to limit the rules as much as possible. The only rule is don't farm lowbies or get farmed yourself. The only other thing we are trying to coordinate is PK times. If you are west or north and you get ganked then oh well, that's the risk anyone takes. It is still open PK. The only thing we are trying to do is make a time so everyone knows that's when the PKers will be there. Hoping TW is active is a fools errand and gets us no where just as fast. An I already found another game to pass my time with, but that doesn't mean I don't want to have fun here either. And please, to everyone, keep the trolling to a minimum. If you can't keep on topic get the F off this thread.

If that is all that we all agree on, I think that's a great idea. Other than that, enforcing too many rules is a waste and totally not practical.

But ya, if we can make pk times from x to x hour or something along those lines, i think that could work for our server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm willing to contribute to said 'response team'.
    Heck I think it'll be fairly easy with a quick world chat and we can
    get most things sorted out, provided we don't get low level epeen stroking b:surrender

In regards to the standard time thing, we have server setup pvp arenas:
    Theater of Blood, Dragon Temple, Morai, Nation Wars, The Tournament.
    not that Nation Wars can be coordinated, but I think as much as setting up our own things,
    why don't we liven those up instead of trying to create our own?
    Unless there really is specific interest in just raw pk at a specific time
    for people who cannot make it to these events?
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm willing to contribute to said 'response team'.
    Heck I think it'll be fairly easy with a quick world chat and we can
    get most things sorted out, provided we don't get low level epeen stroking b:surrender

In regards to the standard time thing, we have server setup pvp arenas:
    Theater of Blood, Dragon Temple, Morai, Nation Wars, The Tournament.
    not that Nation Wars can be coordinated, but I think as much as setting up our own things,
    why don't we liven those up instead of trying to create our own?
    Unless there really is specific interest in just raw pk at a specific time
    for people who cannot make it to these events?

Well the pvp arenas that you mentioned have a few draw backs. ToB is nice since you don't drop items, but the buffs you get and the sword are problematic. Dragon Temple pk is, /wrists imo. Morai pk is awesome but that is sometimes during TW times and no one ever goes. Tourney is lots of fun but it can be sometimes short for most people, myself included. While I agree that these pvp events should be more populated, I think that a standard time solves most of these problems.
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Just so this doesn't just become another idea that doesnt work, how about 6pm or 7pm server time at North Archo for pvp. The only rule that should be present is, if someone drops something just give it back. People spend a buttload of time and cash on this game and i'd hate to see someone lose something like a +12 item as they have before (not a pot shot at spell, many people have dropped 200m+ in items).

There doesnt need to be a guard to make sure no one ganks and all that jazz. Just pk. When QQme, Vici, and tao used to pk in the past, if 1 team had more than the other, we'd exchange members to make it fun. I dont see why this cant continue to take place. I've squaded with QQme, Spell has squaded with Vicious and Luci has done both, as well as many others.

I unfortunately work at those times of pk, but I will be there on weds, thurs, and saturdays when time permits.
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Just so this doesn't just become another idea that doesnt work, how about 6pm or 7pm server time at North Archo for pvp. The only rule that should be present is, if someone drops something just give it back. People spend a buttload of time and cash on this game and i'd hate to see someone lose something like a +12 item as they have before (not a pot shot at spell, many people have dropped 200m+ in items).

There doesnt need to be a guard to make sure no one ganks and all that jazz. Just pk. When QQme, Vici, and tao used to pk in the past, if 1 team had more than the other, we'd exchange members to make it fun. I dont see why this cant continue to take place. I've squaded with QQme, Spell has squaded with Vicious and Luci has done both, as well as many others.

I unfortunately work at those times of pk, but I will be there on weds, thurs, and saturdays when time permits.

We actually ended up having a lot of PK/dueling around West tonight! It was around maybe 1900 Server time that it started so that would probably work. We had a couple QQme/Vici WC issues for a bit that made it shaky for a bit but the mood was never completely ruined and it all worked around then. The higher levels actually ended up moving a bit farther out from West so that the lower levels were right near the ramp. That seemed to work out quite well! Maybe we can even keep it a little more simple and move the high level/gear/faction fights a tad bit farther out? Then if there does become a little 'enforcer' thing...They are right there. The clerics and Archers could probably even hit them from the edge of their own area XD

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So is this something that applies to ALL factions, or just QQme and Vicious? I'd definitely like to see a restoration to the balance on the server, might bring more people onto our server even. I hope this is something that can be done diplomatically, and with out flaming/trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Options
    So is this something that applies to ALL factions, or just QQme and Vicious? I'd definitely like to see a restoration to the balance on the server, might bring more people onto our server even. I hope this is something that can be done diplomatically, and with out flaming/trolling.

We want this to be an open PK for everyone, not just Vicious or QQme. We just happen to have the most PKers, but it's an open invitation to all who PK. OK so I am going to throw it out there then and say as of right now, US PK time starts at 1900/7:00pm server time. There are no rules since it's open PK but it would be nice if someone dropped something please return it. We all know some people won't return items so make sure you bring GS and what not. If you are r9 and up farming people in tt99 you will be delt with accordingly. See you all in game.