Garnets or Vit stones?

abcssdaa
abcssdaa Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Assassin
I've got a full r9rr+10( might consider +11ing all of it but i wont +12, probably just gonna try using tishas) and i wonder which would be better? garnets or vit stones. I don't really care much about caster classes cause they hit pretty hard either ways so idk, I'll prolly just use charms and luck lol. I worry more about physical dds.. JosD is kinda out of the question cause i dont really feel like spending 150m on a shard =/. Any thoughts and opinions are very welcome. Thanks :)
Post edited by abcssdaa on

Comments

• Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Create an exact replica of your gear, minus the shards.
    Put this info into Asterelle's calculator: http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html

In the window labeled "Survival", click the checkbox that says "Find the combination..."
    It'll give you the sharding combination that gives you the best survivability for either magical, physical, or average defense.

Since you don't want JosD, you don't need to modify the "Them" section on the right - attack levels don't matter in calculations for sharding when you have no defense levels.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • abcssdaa
    abcssdaa Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just put the numbers in and wow it seems like theres like a huge difference in survivability :o. would this still be the same if you're fully buffed? or is there less of a difference? ( talking about JosD and vit). I knew it was always a huge difference but :S JosDs average is 38k as opposed to vits 24k. Is that alot?. Sorry kinda new at using that calculator so im not sure if 10k is like a huge difference or not
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    as a personal experience a full jod toon w/o buffs is pretty SQUISHy.
    man if i were u nd can t afford JOD i d go citines just cuz u said u don t care about casters but it helps a lot vs them . example i have 11.5k hp when aage hits 10.5k on gush i am like i am so lucly to have that extra 1k i can tank 1 more hit nd 1 more hit in caster's world vs sins is A LOT so yh just saying i'd go citine +30% boost on barb buffs is great
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    abcssdaa wrote: »
    Just put the numbers in and wow it seems like theres like a huge difference in survivability :o. would this still be the same if you're fully buffed? or is there less of a difference? ( talking about JosD and vit). I knew it was always a huge difference but :S JosDs average is 38k as opposed to vits 24k. Is that alot?. Sorry kinda new at using that calculator so im not sure if 10k is like a huge difference or not

The calculator calculates survivability index. This something like effective HP.

So you have for example 10k HPs. For example you add defence levels that make you receive only 80% damage when being attacked. This means the opponent needs to do 12500 damage to kill you, thus your survivability is increased by 2500.
    Now you can choose for vit stones that would for example provide a simple 2000. The difference is 500.

So when you look at the results in the calculator, you can add the base survivability and the bonus together. For example it may say 60.000 and you gain 38k, that brings you to 98000 while the vit stones bring you to 84000. It is exactly that difference. The opponent needs to deel 15% more damage to kill you.

The calc includes buffs on default settings. You can change this if you want in one of the options.
  • Koyt - Dreamweaver
    Koyt - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been planning on socketing all but my helm(bought helm for 55kk as is) with DoTs. This is my setup so far http://pwcalc.com/b762f95701113c12 . As a sage 5aps, I just assumed DoTs plus BP would increase survivability--at least in PvE-- AND kill stuff quicker. I feel like, right now, at 96, almost 9k hps buffed is enough, 10k seems like plenty.

Am I wrong? Should I be planning for vit stones instead?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Should not be planning to +10 and put garnets in G13 **** thorns lmao...T3 3.33 (4.0 windshield) will kick the **** out of G13 damage, even if it's 1 aps less.

BTW who the hell sold you a 4soc WoE with a vit stone and 3 cit gems for 55mil b:shocked G16 LA hat is better, though :< and it would cost you under 12mil to obtain, but a bit to refine and shard ofc

http://pwcalc.com/58abf428c64f886a holdover citrines. Vit stones are nice, so are cit gems. Vit stones > citrines. DoT in armor on an interval sin is pretty much pve only and you will squish easily on hard bosses.

http://pwcalc.com/eafeb35f3a456cde I'd put DoTs in pve gear and get separate pvp set and put vit stones/JoSD if R9rr
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Koyt - Dreamweaver
    Koyt - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Of course that is my PvE setup. I'm going to farm my Awakened Armor for PvP, prefer it to R9 (cost factor).

Honestly the choice of the G15 thorns was simply the price was right. Eventually, I will upgrade to G16, but I will not get rid of 4.0/5.0 aps. I can't Wind Shield forever, though I try. I want perma spark for damage and damage reduction all the time - one of the main reasons I went sage.

As for tougher bosses, I was planning on switching out to o'malleys to further increase damage reduction. I figured the DoTs would make up for loss of jones blessing.

I guess my main question was: Is 10k hp buffed enough of a pool for highest lvl PvE?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Of course that is my PvE setup. I'm going to farm my Awakened Armor for PvP, prefer it to R9 (cost factor).

Honestly the choice of the G15 thorns was simply the price was right. Eventually, I will upgrade to G16, but I will not get rid of 4.0/5.0 aps. I can't Wind Shield forever, though I try. I want perma spark for damage and damage reduction all the time - one of the main reasons I went sage.

As for tougher bosses, I was planning on switching out to o'malleys to further increase damage reduction. I figured the DoTs would make up for loss of jones blessing.

I guess my main question was: Is 10k hp buffed enough of a pool for highest lvl PvE?

I know one that gets by with less. He's got +12 G16 daggers though. I'm afraid I cannot offer any actual advice.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes and no, well more of no tbh. TT3-3 bosses are doable with 10k hp, fully buffed but beast for one loves to purge and thus you gotta be decently beefy w/o buffs/luck with tidal & immunity the purge when you can. Id say beast will pawn you if he gets purge off, emperor is more of just luck and him not being a jerk, though 10k fully buffed seems really squishy for that. Steelation is simple enough, just need to know when he goes aps, minister is a joke compared to other gold mat bosses there. Thats for TT3-3, Warsong you cant tank w/o full buffs with said build, though incarnation is a jerk w/o +11 refines on armor/orns.

Ultimately you can do most stuff fully buffed, its just some things purge you and will thus be extremely difficult with that build. And few of the most difficult bosses I wouldnt even try soloing/tanking with that build fully buffed but meh. As for WBs, that is enough for some simpler ones, though you might want higher refines on wep for better hp regen.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop