Twilight Temple drop rate reduction

Options
2»

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Either the changes will have been made and refleced in pwdatabase, in which case it would easily be noticeable (and those numbers haven't changed afaik), or they will have been changed ingame without pwdatabase changing to reflect it, in which case sweetiebot, whom I assume uses pwdatabase stats, would be getting it, uh, wrong :P

You forgot the third possibility:
    3) The numbers haven't changed at all.

There is a self selection bias to people complaining on the forums. No one complains when they have good luck with drops... but if they ever have bad luck it must be the work of scheming chinese developers who (rather than fix bugs) spend all their time pointlessly tweaking ancient drop tables in unnoticeable ways to **** you over.

I just looked at the current elements.data manually and compared the drop table of that mob to a version from 2011 and it is the same as it has always been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yeah, they haven't been nerfed. More things have been added to the table. A poster (I think it was Sylen) posted his 3 year old spreadsheets and the drop rates were exactly the same. In addition, the gms already tested and said they hadn't found a problem in that thread. Since they said in that thread they'd keep testing, http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1574821 and haven't confirmed and it seems liked they might say something this time around, I'll leave this open. But I seriously doubt it.

edit: Yup, it was sylen. Here they are for your reference. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18992861&postcount=29

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

There is a self selection bias to people complaining on the forums. No one complains when they have good luck with drops... but if they ever have bad luck it must be the work of scheming chinese developers who (rather than fix bugs) spend all their time pointlessly tweaking ancient drop tables in unnoticeable ways to **** you over.

I just looked at the current elements.data manually and compared the drop table of that mob to a version from 2011 and it is the same as it has always been.

This is what I actually believe, but yeah you're right, I did forget to say :P
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2013
    Options

yes, that is absolutely correct. I created my tables using the data file from early 2009, and they haven't changed a bit since then.
    edit: Yup, it was sylen. Here they are for your reference. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18992861&postcount=29
    And there's the post I made in the other TTNerf QQ thread with supporting data that proves it, that you are able to view and reference on your own if you have any doubts.

/Thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]