Pets

MsShandril - Heavens Tear
MsShandril - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Venomancer
I know this has been beat around the bush but never directly answered.
Are there plans to make any other pet end game capable?
I mean I understand they want a Herc and Nix better than the rest (for $300 it should be god sent) but come one the difference is night and day to the rest of the pets.
Everyone says most pets are not worth putting the elite skills on and if you can afford the elite skills just get a herc it will be cheaper.

I was a long time player but had to leave before I went broke to the game. I am trying to get back into it a little in hope they came down in their robbery item shop prices.

So I guess my question is if someone put enough time in can they make any pet end game or is it still the if you want to be an end game veno you have to dump all your time and money (real and in game) into becoming a staple veno with the staple herc?
Post edited by MsShandril - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As things stand now, pets are nearly worthless in squads at endgame. This may change with 2 new legendary pets and a new pet system in the works allowing the legendaries, most of the rares and a few commons (as far as we know at present) to evolve, learn extra skills, and "inherit" a portion of their veno's stats after level 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well the new pet system will make herc better than gw in many ways -better inherit coffecient for defences and hp-.
    it really depends how you get the pet skills if you buy them 20mil each then herc is cheaper and better.
    If you do DT ie u get scrolls free then ofc go with gw.
    Oh and as May said you dont really need a good pet to be in squads/grind/or whatever at end game.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The whole pet system is going to receive an update. Legendary pets will become even more powerful, there will be two additional legendary pets added but regular pets are also getting a boost in various areas.

There are a lot of new pet skills to be released, new way to train pets and a lot of other goodies!
    You can take a look here.

With that said, you will probably be able to build a very nice non-legendary endgame pet. Legendary ones will still outperform regular ones but the latter will become much better too.

Right now though, pets don't play much of a role at endgame so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MsShandril - Heavens Tear
    MsShandril - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thx for all the info. I hope they do help the pets so you can have the one you like and still have them work out. Now as for the legendary pets I hope they are not planing to make them a cash shop item and cost like $500 each or something like that. I do not mind putting money into the game to keep it going but when it goes into hundreds of dollars for 1 item I think that is a rip off. I had spent a couple years int he game before I left and I am up to maybe 2k sources. ugh