Seekers, most op class? pvp wise?

_CurseYou_ - Sanctuary
_CurseYou_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Ive always knew r9 3rd cast wizzies would be the deadliest class pk wise for a long time, today though i watched a full r9+12 wizard and seeker go head to head on countless ocassions and the seeker almost every time was on top.

GOF+ decent crit + magic and physical skills+ ranged and close up skills make seekers such a threat not to mention their crazy amount of defense levels?

watch this video, a seeker with decent r9 gear compared to a full r9+12 JoSD wizard manages to hit the wizard for over 20k. Not to mention his necklace was not even refined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtpKOdv4Z_U

Do you guys believe seekers are the most complete overpowered pvp class?

Discuss please ! b:pleased
Post edited by _CurseYou_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ive always knew r9 3rd cast wizzies would be the deadliest class pk wise for a long time, today though i watched a full r9+12 wizard and seeker go head to head on countless ocassions and the seeker almost every time was on top.

GOF+ decent crit + magic and physical skills+ ranged and close up skills make seekers such a threat not to mention their crazy amount of defense levels?

watch this video, a seeker with decent r9 gear compared to a full r9+12 JoSD wizard manages to hit the wizard for over 20k. Not to mention his necklace was not even refined.

f:scared Seeker got everything : speed, power, defense, stun, teleport, debuff, GoF, range
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It still depends greatly on the players pvp skill but I stopped gearing my already r9 wizard and start leveling my seeker and saved some old GSTs and Medals to gear up my seeker instead. Maybe i just got bored of wiz i play for what, 4 years now but I also feel like even with weaker gear I do way better with seeker.

So considering I play both and I am sure i play my wiz better than i do my seeker I still do better with my seeker, I'd say yea, equal gear and skill Seeker seams to be superior. Looking forward to see what i can do with r9 weapon and armor.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Hannsel - Dreamweaver
    Hannsel - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ohh!! look, its another 'seeker are OP' qq thread b:chuckle
    CBA to watch the video but with the right debuff/amp/condition ANYONE can be 1 shot in this game
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    More then seekers, Casters with r9r3 weapons are way OP almost unbeatable.f:shock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    As a psychic I do find seekers the hardest class to face. With a zerk weapon, they can hit damn hard. Harder then sins hit, which I do find a bit wicked for a tanking class. I sometimes think R9 seeker sword should have puri proc rather then GoF. But well, it's only gemini slash that can really pull off a 1-hit death (equally geared seeker vs my psychic). So they are not all that horribly super OP.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First few fights, wiz repeatedly dies to the same combo but never does anything about it.

When the wiz started apoth and kiting, seeker dies.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    no, wizzies are stronger(way atronger) and if both players have the same lvl of skill the seeker has nothing to do against a wiz, the wiz on the video isnt quitting enough, but im not a wiz to judge the game style from another wiz
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh dear. not this topic again......
    i am too tired to even comment about seeker v other classes.
    Since everytime i try to explain it, some jackass pulls something out of his *** and trolls hard saying seekers are broken, which by the way, ain't all that true at end game.

Wizards are. A good wizard can kill a seeker in under 5 secs at end game, while seeker can't do shet to that wizard due to the sheer amount of physical defense they have along with their natural OP magic resistance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh not this thread againb:surrender....And that video in my opinion is bad example of trying to prove the OPness of a seeker, that wizard is not even kiting much.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    PWI knew what they were doing by not allowing our shatter(just Heart Shatter in this case) skills to work on players. I would agree THAT would be broken.
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b:surrender Can't people just search on the forums, it's already been discussed over and over and seekers are not OP.

Seekers have no control skills and almost no resistance to control skills, and it's a pure damage class with GoF, so expect to hit high with luck.

However if you have a skilled sin (not aps one >.>), they can stun lock a seeker while killing them in the process.

Psychics, Wizards (I don't think that wizard was trying at all and was underestimating the seeker too much), Archers, Clerics, Mystics, and Venos have advantages over seekers. As long you keep the seeker in place and stop him from attacking and dps them with magic skills, they will go down with little resistance. Only class that would have a hard time are bms, barbs, and sins because they have to deal with a HA with high defense levels.

Although, seeker's killing strategy is to get health above and close to 50% and then nuke the remaining hp with their strongest skills. If you have GoF, it's easy for seekers to take a chance getting a zerk crit and one hit, but the odds are low, other than that, seekers will have to tank until they can triple spark kill or get the killing combo ready.
    trands wrote: »
    As a psychic I do find seekers the hardest class to face. With a zerk weapon, they can hit damn hard. Harder then sins hit, which I do find a bit wicked for a tanking class. I sometimes think R9 seeker sword should have puri proc rather then GoF. But well, it's only gemini slash that can really pull off a 1-hit death (equally geared seeker vs my psychic). So they are not all that horribly super OP.

I second this, I rather have purify poc than zerk. ROFL because it's more OP. :P
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wish I had money....my seekers not OP....b:cryb:chuckle
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013

However if you have a skilled sin (not aps one >.>)

I didn't know a non-aps sin was still in existence.

*runs away*
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didn't know a non-aps sin was still in existence.

*runs away*

Idk what goes on in sanctuary but all the sins in RT converted to sage and use chill of the deep at pk/TW/NW these days cuz its just too OP.
    that sage tidal is the most OP buff in the game and seeker can't do shet against a pro sin with that on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not an OP Psy but do know my class and only time i have problems with Seekers is if there uber geared or use there debuffs on me. Most of the time i find they do about the same damage as Barbs. My wife's alt is a Seeker and i have to say it does look like a fun class to play .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At least my thread was constructive. b:laugh
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wizards have a significant advantage vs seekers at end game (in a 1v1).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Idk what goes on in sanctuary but all the sins in RT converted to sage and use chill of the deep at pk/TW/NW these days cuz its just too OP.
    that sage tidal is the most OP buff in the game and seeker can't do shet against a pro sin with that on.

Same going on Archosaur, seems like everybody is sage/changing to sage, discounting the few real farmers server got left. But those farmers dont really play sin as their main, well discounting me, who is currently farming R999 for archer.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dunno, I was in a NW war where I was the only one in my nation, so ended up flag running. At first just ran into one seeker, so killed them off. Then ran into a higher geared seeker with them, locked them down while killing the other off. Used appropriate apoth when they brought out their one shot combo, and did well enough until a BM joined in. By then it was 10 v 1, so I jumped out after getting buffs from death, since it accomplished my goal of getting some contri, while leaving alot of enemy nation fighting over 1 lost nation that blocked them from reinforcing two of their other fights. Which I then joined one of to turn the tide and continue towards their base.

They have some good skills when you are otherwise engaged, it's just when you learn their CDs and icons they aren't as powerful as thought until they outgear you by a large margin. To me the bigger killer is Archer's with demon QS, and even that will die after I fully shard and then swap to Garnet shareded Matchless Wings. Then I'll be sure to wave to them before they die.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    guys open your eyes, as of right now, barbs are WAAAYYY too over powering. They have infinite chi and infinite immune to movement skills, if you do get one off, they just are back to normal running speed. On top of that they hit full damage in a tank form and have instant turtle. THIS IS A TANK CLASS NOT A DD CLASS! i have 50 defense lvs and 10k p def unbuffed and even G16 barbs rip right though me as a r9 3rd cast armor. Besides barbs, then comes archers who no one ever talks about, but with a +12 r9 weapon are unbeatable and they have stealth and tons of ads and stuns. Also sins should get about a 15% nerf to all damage, then they are fair.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    guys open your eyes, as of right now, barbs are WAAAYYY too over powering. They have infinite chi and infinite immune to movement skills, if you do get one off, they just are back to normal running speed. On top of that they hit full damage in a tank form and have instant turtle. THIS IS A TANK CLASS NOT A DD CLASS! i have 50 defense lvs and 10k p def unbuffed and even G16 barbs rip right though me as a r9 3rd cast armor. Besides barbs, then comes archers who no one ever talks about, but with a +12 r9 weapon are unbeatable and they have stealth and tons of ads and stuns. Also sins should get about a 15% nerf to all damage, then they are fair.

You've got to be kidding.. eas and barbs are at a huge disadvantage in a 1v1 against an end game wiz, sins are almost equal.. but still slightly in favor of the wiz.

wizards have absolutely no reason to complain right now
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You've got to be kidding.. eas and barbs are at a huge disadvantage in a 1v1 against an end game wiz, sins are almost equal.. but still slightly in favor of the wiz.

wizards have absolutely no reason to complain right now

Ignore Boomz. He's a terrible wizzie. All he does is try to catch you off guard, trip spark, and then attempt to spark combo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2013

If you're r9r3 and a g16 barb is giving you that much trouble...

You really, really need to rethink how you're playing your class. Because clearly you're doing it wrong.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The dangerous barbs I see are r9r2 barbs. With hp reaching over 40k and GoF, it's no doubt they have the same nuke capability as seekers with the ability to significantly deal their most highest damage without sparking. The only trouble I see people facing against barb is Invoke which allows them to tank a lot of damage (they can cycle through immunity and completely nullify your damage even if your spark). In addition, cornered beast makes barb impossible to one shot with the ability to purify, recover 45% hp, and 2 sparks. Barbs are decently OP, but the only way they can kill is Arma, Zerk Crit, or triple spark. The only killing strategy against barb is lower hp to near half, and finish it with your strongest nuke.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    The only killing strategy against barb is lower hp to near half, and finish it with your strongest nuke.

Barbs are not even remotely difficult to kill (including full r9rr +12 josd barbs) as a wizard. Most barbs on the server can't even last 2-3 mins in a 1v1..
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    The dangerous barbs I see are r9r2 barbs. With hp reaching over 40k and GoF, it's no doubt they have the same nuke capability as seekers with the ability to significantly deal their most highest damage without sparking.

While I agree mostly on the part of barbs being though to kill, I don't agree on the nuke capability part. Barbs have arma, which is a skill cast right in front of your nose, cost 2 sparks and you'll know their hp will go down by a lot (or ToP, you'll know their genie is near empty). Gemini has no chi cost, ranged (which in tw/nw is a huge advantage), 15 sec cd, possibly parred with the instant channel buff and possibly accompanied by a strong debuff with extra damage.

Well, gemini slash is the only part I consider kinda OP on seekers (in combination with GoF that is). Melees complain about blurr. But every class has their 2~3 OP skills.
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I lol'D...both players shown in this video arn't even good, they are just thoughless smashing skills out...

Both seeker and Wiz could win in Seconds if they would know how...there is a way to debuff ppl nearly the same as Barbs can (phys) and a little less then Wizards can (fire def)...with the use of a tiny genie skill =P depends on timing tho...but yes...seeker are more versatile all over then Wizards but I still like Wizards more. Wizards just have to survive the deadly combo from a seeker and then start their own...you always need some kin dof tactic to win...unlike those noobs shown in this video...

If you are unsure...then I suggest you should play on a PServer for a while to see which class fits best for you and to see how "none" OP seekers are. any dumb *** barb can one-shot seekers when they just wait for their QPQ to be in Cooldown...devour->tangling mire->arma -> if it zerks or crits...then it's over.

PPL always compare better geared player to lower geared players and simple assume that their class is OP o.o that's redicolous. There is no OP class after all, only some weaker classes like Archers, sins, venos, mystics end-game wise...

Just my 2 cents from 4 years of pking experience =P (on equal terms ofc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013

No, having 40 defense levels letting you tank without using any other skills like a barb would have to is the most op buff in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, having 40 defense levels letting you tank without using any other skills like a barb would have to is the most op buff in the game.

The one you quoted stated sins as OP...rofl...sins...the weakest End-Game class^^The buff means nothing...the strongest classes are the ones who can debuff your def to nearly 0. Def level mean nothing in real pk...cept for clerics...where def levels are really OP 1on1 wise...with self buffs only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The one you quoted stated sins as OP...rofl...sins...the weakest End-Game class^^The buff means nothing...the strongest classes are the ones who can debuff your def to nearly 0. Def level mean nothing in real pk...cept for clerics...where def levels are really OP 1on1 wise...with self buffs only.

I'm sorry, what?

As of right now they make a pretty significant difference, even with how high people can bring their attack levels. Maybe if we get those +2 Attack Level shards then they wouldn't, but right now? Oh boy. Oh lawdy.