Pan Gu kills a puppy everytime a BM...

Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Blademaster
Dead forums are dead so why not have some fun. The idea came from this thread.

...a BM uses evasion ornies.

...a BM uses BT to pull.

...a BM praises anything about dps with axes.

...a sage BM wants to HF first.

... a BM doesn't carry swords or pole because "theres no useful skills."

...a BM physical marrows in group pk.

...when a WC is looking for a tank for Seat/Aba/Delta and you whisper "BM, I can tank" and they insist it has to be a barb.

Alright, your turn. Gimme something to laugh at.
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    When a level 80 BM with no -int gears and a level 70 dark flash claims to be an APS build that can tank pole/Nob while having less HP than the arcanes in the squad. b:irritated
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2013

It's actually sad how often I find highly geared BMs doing that. The first thing I do is sleep the idgets, to prevent them from rectifying their mistake before I rainbow blessing blast them after I've debuffed and MoW them.

Sad thing is it's more fun to use BM knowledge to kill them nowadays, than it is to play them in NW. Cheaper and more profitable as well. b:victory
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...a sage BM wants to HF first.

I offer to HF first because if the demon BM hasn't got chi on his genie my HF provides him time to build chi after he sparks <_< But this only applies to the nubs without chi on their genie, so it's rare that I do...Always check genie first so I don't look like a dolt.

Pan Gu kills a puppy every time a BM uses claws on a r9t3 caster

...A BM tries to be a DD in mass PvP instead of crowd controlling

...A BM uses roar and occult ice at the same time

...A BM stats ALL str and no dex

...A BM uses Drake Bash on a stun immune player

...A BM roars stun immune mobs
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This goes for sins too I suppose, but every time a bm tries to aps a wiz with arcane defense on and a purify weapon (it happens a lot)

Save the puppies, stop trying to aps me.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pan Gu kills a puppy every time a BM use claws/fist in a group of mobs instead of pulling and use axes.

...a BM use HF after an archer used Blood Bow

...a BM dont stun mobs in fc and cleric/dds died couse of it

...a BM cant pull mobs in any situation

...a BM died against a mob/boss that has bramble

...a BM that doesnt know bms actually can purge too (with the right weapon)

...a BM override wiht his lvl 10 bell the other bm in squad that has lvl 11

...a BM that dont use demon bell to protect their squad mates

...a BM that dont protect others in tw, and try to be the DD letting the real dds in squad die.

...a BM that dont HF/GS cata pullers in tw

...a BM that cant solo a pavilion in ws

...a BM that let barbs do bm jobs couse they are lazy

...a BM that dont wanna have agro and let barbs do their job

...a BM that with end gears cant solo tt3-3 and need help of sins/barbs/clerics.

...a BM that is slow

...a BM that has better fists/claws than axes.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pan Gu kills a puppy every time a BM use claws/fist in a group of mobs instead of pulling and use axes.

...a BM cant pull mobs in any situation

...a BM that doesnt know bms actually can purge too (with the right weapon)

...a BM override wiht his lvl 10 bell the other bm in squad that has lvl 11

...a BM that dont protect others in tw, and try to be the DD letting the real dds in squad die.

...a BM that cant solo a pavilion in ws

...a BM that with end gears cant solo tt3-3 and need help of sins/barbs/clerics.

...a BM that is slow

Man. A lot of puppies have died because of me. Oh well.
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I originally got evasion ornies because I wanted full HA with mdef ornies for TW and it was more affordable to get two sets of ornaments and one set of wrists/boots than to get two sets of both to switch between. b:surrender I haven't had trouble tanking anything using them, so I've never been so judgmental of BMs who got them. Until they +12 them.

Most of these I completely agree with.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Man. A lot of puppies have died because of me. Oh well.

Stating the obvious :)
    How many puppies die when you backstab a squadmate who is fighting a boss ? b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Stating the obvious :)
    How many puppies die when you backstab a squadmate who is fighting a boss ? b:chuckle

I dunno, that's gotta be worth at least 7. Who would do such a horrible thing though?
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ....a BM use physical marrow against magic mob and got one-shotted.

....a BM said axe aoe skills are useless and keeping it at lvl 1

... a BM never roar or stun mobs for crowd control

....a BM insisted that his lvl 10 bells are the same as lvl 11 bells

...a BM who only use fist/claw

...a BM who use fist/claw to farm intead of aoe-farming
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A level 101 BM got oneshot by drummer 1-2 once

the aoe
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    I cry inside when I see 6k HP level 100 BMs
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013

I'd put that backwards. A puppy dies everytime and archer BVs before a BM can HF. When you have everyone triple sparking together, debuffs, amps, and genie skills all time at the start, then the 100% HF is gonna do 4x more damage than the 25% BV. BV is great ~after~ the HF in the 21-30 seconds between HFs but for most squads 1HF=dead boss. 1 BV= half dead boss and everyone has to spark again.

Farming ftw?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ... a BM doesn't carry swords or pole because "theres no useful skills."

...when a WC is looking for a tank for Seat/Aba/Delta and you whisper "BM, I can tank" and they insist it has to be a barb.

I dont carry a sword cause I never use the skills. Not even in warsong anymore.

I get caught in pmarrow trying to get chi sometimes :( Im stunned and nailing will and mmarrow the whole time tho.

And today I soloed Aba and SoT today once, and then ran it again and invited random people and faction mates at the boss out of random spite for the squads shouting for a Barb to tank or asking for weapon links to join for the 2 hours I did cube on multiple toons.

(Snow day at work, so I had a lot of spare time to run freaking Aba 4x...)

I always overwrite blood vow cause the Archer never communicates they're wasting it at the start of the fight.

I totally wouldnt stun mobs in FC a lot and Clerics/DDs would die because I wasnt done pulling or setting up the pull and they got impatient.

I dont spam demon bell a lot cause Im too busy attacking people and tanking instead of standing around waiting to be stun locked.

I don't GS Catas cause thats a waste when they're dead with HF. I also typically am Stunning and controlling the barb + support over HFing. Just HFing a Catabarb without the right setup is a waste of sparks.

I absolutely let Barbs pull and tank when they want to. Well, the good ones anyways.

I get lost in 3-x constantly :(
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013

f:shame one puppy dead. I use them cause I only farm with bmf:scared
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Pan Gu kills a puppy every time a BM doesnt know that 35k phys def gets u 90%dmg reduction.

...a BM doesnt know what zhen is

...a BM never did gamma

...a BM says he need a barb to do rebirth order.

...a BM doesnt know drake's breath bash make u gain fire dmg to normal hits.

...a BM that never cced gs or drake's breath bash.

...a BM that cant solo nirvana

...a BM that magical marrow against phys dmg mobs.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pan Gu kills a puppy every time a BM doesnt know that 35k phys def gets u 90%dmg reduction.

...a BM doesnt know what zhen is

...a BM never did gamma

...a BM says he need a barb to do rebirth order.

...a BM doesnt know drake's breath bash make u gain fire dmg to normal hits.

...a BM that never cced gs or drake's breath bash.

...a BM that cant solo nirvana

...a BM that magical marrow against phys dmg mobs.

Oddly enough, it's about 3.5k per % reduce past 25k. So the people who obsess over the excess pdef blow my mind.

Zhen and Gamma predate any toon thats like 2+ years old. They're obsolete and have been for a long time.

Unfortunately a lot of BMs don't know about DBB. But here's the kicker: It's not the damage done by the normal hits that matters (it actually is pretty much worthless end game), but the fact it allows you to debuff/amp phys immune mobs with your skills. However, just get frostblade and theres no need.

I never CCed GS or DBB in this game. I wasn't playing at the time of that, tried it on a pserver, and it's prolly the dumbest thing to get butthurt, nostalgic, or anything over. It's an exploit thats embarassing to make use of and takes no talent whatsoever to utilize.

Many BMs can't solo Nirvana until they have the defenses to do so and the refines. You're talking 10+, anything past that is charm (BLEEP) and anyone can faceroll charm (BLEEP) themselves through stuff. Not to mention efficiency difference...why on earth would you clear 4-5 Nirvanas in the time it would take to duo nearly 12?
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013

> Implying every BM is demon
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    > Implying every BM is demon

...a BM that is sage and dont get Buddha`s guard.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Zhen and Gamma predate any toon thats like 2+ years old. They're obsolete and have been for a long time.

I never CCed GS or DBB in this game. I wasn't playing at the time of that, tried it on a pserver, and it's prolly the dumbest thing to get butthurt, nostalgic, or anything over. It's an exploit thats embarassing to make use of and takes no talent whatsoever to utilize

I never did gamma. Actually, I went in once for about 10 minutes. This character is almost 4 years old and just didn't have the equipment to do it at level 60 (hardly anyone did) and by the time he hit level 80 no one was doing gamma anymore. I wasn't going to shout in WC for hours to make a squad when I didn't even know what to do. Gamma was faded out that fast.

As for CCing, I miss it. It did take a bit of skill, practice, and timing. Its one of the few things in the game that does. Only the hardcore BMs seemed to know it existed and it allowed you to beat people who were all gear and no skill. Sort of an equalizer between gear and skill. The game is filled with exploits and having a skill that was designed to deliver a buff before it was cast meant people could channel but not cast a skill and get part of a benefit. Was pretty brilliant actually. Many skills around still debuff during the cast but those weren't altered.

Also, I was pvping a factionmate and having a good time but pretty much neither of us could do more that 50% damage in 10 seconds, much less 100% damage for the charm bipass. After a bit of charm **** she said it was boring and she was gonna save her charm. Same thing happens against overgeared LA classes. Same thing definitely happens against barbs where 40k hp in 10 seconds is not gonna happen solo, ever. CCing was a way to gamble on a crit proc by burning a few seconds and hope for a damage burst. We kind of need that back now.
  • punk21790
    punk21790 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @ saku. With the archer BV it's actually good for the bm to wait to hf. The archer does serrated tooth arrow then BV. They stack on each other and decreases max hp even more on bosses. With less hp to beat through during hf I've found most bosses die with 1 hf after that combo.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Contrary to popular belief, Phys marrow actually has some use in group PK, depending on who your most immediate threats are. It's not un-common that I'll switch to phys marrow quick to survive a charm tick from a sin/archer who just had their demon quickshot proc on me while I'm getting ganked.

Or when I know I just got purged by an archer after my charm ticks and don't have enough time to re-cast bell due to it's long cast time, and instant phys marrow leap out instead.

But yeah, the majority of the time when I see people doing it, they really can't justify it because they don't know what they're doing.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    punk21790 wrote: »
    @ saku. With the archer BV it's actually good for the bm to wait to hf. The archer does serrated tooth arrow then BV. They stack on each other and decreases max hp even more on bosses. With less hp to beat through during hf I've found most bosses die with 1 hf after that combo.

Umm, nope.

I think you mean Sharpened Tooth Arrow (STA), too. STA has a 16% hp debuff or a 20% hp debuff if sage. Blood Vow has an 18% hp debuff. They don't stack, they overwrite.

The archer can still STA for 16% (gonna assume demon or lvl 10 since that's like 95% of archers, and not sages 20% which is better than BV) and not have to waste a spark and put on a relatively crappy curse that only amps 25% instead of HF's 100%. The difference is 2% hp vs a 4x stronger amp.
    Contrary to popular belief, Phys marrow actually has some use in group PK, depending on who your most immediate threats are. It's not un-common that I'll switch to phys marrow quick to survive a charm tick from a sin/archer who just had their demon quickshot proc on me while I'm getting ganked.

Or when I know I just got purged by an archer after my charm ticks and don't have enough time to re-cast bell due to it's long cast time, and instant phys marrow leap out instead.

But yeah, the majority of the time when I see people doing it, they really can't justify it because they don't know what they're doing.

There are very rare occasions I phys marrow. For instance against Kyuga, full r9t3+12, Dominance tome, fourth tier rings and cube neck with maxed engravings and eats apoths and genie like crazy so he's never not triple sparked. If I'm looking at him and a relatively unknown caster behind him and they're all thats around I might phys marrow. Even then I know Kyuga never pk's without at least 3 of his little goons close by so its risky.

You're right that phys marrow is useful but it's an advanced skill to use it right and you really have to be heads up about it. I start hitting "t" to see who's around just when I'm thinking I might use it, and always double and triple check to make sure my magic marrow is cooled down since I don't want to hit phys marrow without instantly being able to hit magic marrow to cover my ***. I also rarely use it without having AD or an apoth in cd in case I get stunned.

Since 85% (?) of BMs are demon its much to easier for the majority of us to use demon bell instead of phys marrow. Its slower, but it won't **** ya so it kind of became "the rule."
  • punk21790
    punk21790 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ty for info saku. Will test and relay info to factionmate. So he doesn't waste his spark :).
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    .A BM roars stun immune mobs

Huh, hadn't read this in a while, but for everyone who Rebirthed and played their BM would know that even stun immune mobs will be aggroed by the attempt to stun them. It was actually a pretty common tactic to keep the aggro from defaulting to the wizzie or archer, actually.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    On the discussion of marrows, if I'm self buff only and use phys marrow as a sage, I have 27 magic defense. Yeah, not happening.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On the discussion of marrows, if I'm self buff only and use phys marrow as a sage, I have 27 magic defense. Yeah, not happening.

But for the 3 seconds you survive you will have insane physical defense f:naughty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Huh, hadn't read this in a while, but for everyone who Rebirthed and played their BM would know that even stun immune mobs will be aggroed by the attempt to stun them. It was actually a pretty common tactic to keep the aggro from defaulting to the wizzie or archer, actually.

This is true. Roar adds a pretty significant amount of agro. I sometimes use it on metal mobs in Warsong also even though they're stun immune.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Pan Gu kills a puppy everytime a BM says, during a ws run cleaning earth mobs, i didnt know u could stun this mobs!
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013

Well I can see that point, but I was mainly referring to the mostly endgame or near squads, so...I can see your point. I take it back :P
This discussion has been closed.