What's up with the BS in WC?

arriis
arriis Posts: 20 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Twilight Temple (West)
I don't understand why people think they need to talk about their lives in WC with just a few people who they could squad up with, PM, or open a chat room and talk privately. I know it may be easier to just WC things to others instead of PM, but I don't see why they feel like everyone in the server needs to see their messages.

There's also the matter of people raging in WC about problems with other players in the game. One person starts talking trash about a certain person or group and leads to another person either agreeing or disagreeing, which leads to more and more people getting involved in a fight they didn't mean to end up in. Again, I don't see why they need to take it to the WC.

I do admit that I have personally read some of these and do find them amusing at times, but sometimes, people take it too far, and everyone gets tired of all the BS. The WC is used for many other things, but sometimes, the chat gets so backed up that no one sees messages about instances they need, goods being sold/bought/traded, etc. The people actually trying to do something productive in the game don't want to waste money on teles just for others to trample over their WC because of personal reasons.

I have read a lot of other threads about in-game player mods, and I know the GMs are working on getting them approved, but there should be other ways of regulating WC from things many people in the game don't wanna deal with.
Post edited by arriis on

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yup 1 min cooldown on teles sounds good to me
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GMs need to give me to right to globally mute ppl, I totally wudnt abuse it
    super mega interresting:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im bored so..

While i agree with 95% written i am a huge fan of self-censure which would mean you're responsible for everything you write on forums, wc etc with no GM momma to say hey thats enough, you're making a moron out of yourself.

People that lead conversation like: 'hey come to skype', 'im coming', 'omg what he said on skype!', 'hey stop laughing at me' etc reminds me on those loons that are so ****ing boring no one wanna talk to them so they go to world chat where due to small BL we are forced to (yes I know you can turn wc off but on constant hunt for AEU squads or good buys.. etc), guess they think it makes them cool, most of server just think they're idiots. Then again - self censure - tomorrow you might spend 30 minutes talking to that person just to find out they're idiots, this way you don't have to ;)

So many aps in Regi/Pin/Vindi i saw rejected due to this, recognising WC idiots/bores that people just don't want in faction.

So really, while they minorly bore you it really helps you to avoid those individuals later in the game, as for the world chat fights, c'mon, thats something that always existed and will exist, its low and stupid but oh well, i remember some moron wcing for me for an HOUR cause i kicked him out of caster squad, get over it, you calling me out on it in world chat is hardly gonna make you look any better than the thing you got kicked out in the first place.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I honestly think the P2W nature of a F2P game attracts a lot of fails who try to make up for it with money and its these people who dominate world chat. Every single obsessive world chatter I know of has spent many hundreds of $$$ on this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They probably just need a limit on WCing per minute. There's always gonna be drama episodes anywhere whether it be in WC or a well-populated city or something sadly. As much as it's rarely amusing, WC is stuck on repeats like all the channels on my television.
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I honestly think the P2W nature of a F2P game attracts a lot of fails who try to make up for it with money and its these people who dominate world chat. Every single obsessive world chatter I know of has spent many hundreds of $$$ on this game.

not true at all.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    not true at all.

Hahahahaha b:laugh
  • Ataegina - Sanctuary
    Ataegina - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1,000 Exp per chat? Nah, that's just mean.
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1,000 Exp per chat? Nah, that's just mean.

THAT is evil! b:shocked

I like it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    PWE COULD just assign someone to moderate World Chat.

But that would just make too much sense, so it'll never happen.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    World chat drama has existed as long as teles have. I wouldn't expect it to go away.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it would be 5 years too late b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    XD that's why I keep WC off my chat unless I'm looking for a squad or people for a squad for something.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I loved the idea of having a global blacklist. How it works is if a player gets BLd by one person, or 5, or 20, no big deal.

But if they are on 50 peoples BL obviously they're a problem and they get a global blacklist, no more WCing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think a lot of the biggest wc trolls (IE the ones who spam PEACOCK in world chat) don't particularly care the toon they're doing it from, they do it to be annoying and get attention rather than to say something remotely useful from any perspective. I don't think it would particularly solve a lot of problems unless they also upped the minimum level to tele, let's be honest, even as a complete noob you can get level 5 in like 5 minutes.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    did u know u can actually turn off world chat?

did u also know worldchat only contains valuable information if you are actively looking for buy something/or if ur looking for a new faction to join?

did u also know that most people will not be trying to sell items via worldchat while a huge flamewar is going on?

+

Add all these things up and ull draw the conclusion that u should mute worldchat unless u have actual business in there. Teles are cheap, far too cheap, and very accessible, and kids are kids. Banning them all wud reduce the PWI population to like half of what it is now.

It sux, im sure we all agree but the tele sales are of huge importance to the economy of PWI so this problem will never be fixed, u can either turn off WC or blacklist the people that annoy you im afraid b:surrender
    super mega interresting:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
  • SquirrelFish - Sanctuary
    SquirrelFish - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You're wrong! The peacock does have a function! After seeing endless worldchat dramas you need someone to dragg all the attention in order to stop people from discussing their foolish things and, instead, go hate on the peacock guy.

<3
  • Dark_Exile - Sanctuary
    Dark_Exile - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to sanctuary, its been happening since launch, won't ever change.
    As for PWE allowing third party mods ect..... I doubt they would know how to, they didn't make the game, just paid off the people who did, and I assume continue to do so for expansions ect.
    Except that ever elusive 105-150 patch that's been out for a good 6-8 years now.
    Death is only the beginning.........

Vae Victus
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're wrong! The peacock does have a function! After seeing endless worldchat dramas you need someone to dragg all the attention in order to stop people from discussing their foolish things and, instead, go hate on the peacock guy.

<3

I know you, your that peacock guy b:beatenup

SweetieBot can you please show him a peacock?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SweetieBot can you please show him a peacock?
    I don't know what that is so I cannot answer that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sweetibot is so naiive and innocent. b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sweetibot is so naiive and innocent. b:cute
    thats impossible, its the spawn of astypoo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nayely - Sanctuary
    Nayely - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2013

<3

That just made me giggle. f:cute
    He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's like ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And ... He's wonderful.f:shy
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That just made me giggle.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Nayely - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 3 months 6 days 3 hours 51 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    *walks in*

D:!

*walks out with a zombie in a cage*
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.