chrono bosses

HrunsPanda - Archosaur
HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/6387

I see 8 chronoworld bosses in that list.
How do i find them ? How fast do they respawn ? please tell me what you can tell me about them. Looking forward to try my luck on those b:laugh
But i immagine it wont be as easy as go there, kill, wait for respawn, kill again.... be rich....
Post edited by HrunsPanda - Archosaur on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Chrono/World Bosses...you could probably try hunting them as soon as the server resets after maintenance. PWDB's coordinates should lead you to their location (or the in-game Encyclopedia). They're said to revive within 24+(?) hours after being slain.
    Good luck...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Those are world bosses, the same as any world boss on the world map. You can find them by going to those coordinates in the different OHT maps (there are two of those bosses in each OHT map). They respawn after every maintenance and then several days after they're killed. This is usually done by the same few squads every week, so it might be hard to find one still alive.

None of them are particularly annoying as far as world bosses go, but they all have their quirks.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Is there more exact information on those respawn times ?
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But i immagine it wont be as easy as go there, kill, wait for respawn, kill again.... be rich....

Nope. I personally haven't seen a single world boss in months. A long time ago I would see several a day while out questing. World bosses have a very long respawn and are often camped the minute they spawn by specific squads or even individual players.
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Last time I checked, it was 96 hours.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013

Is that the same for all world bosses, both normal world and chrono ?

sweetiebot 5 points to Arocus - Archosaur for being helpfull
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Yes it is.

For trying them out, I'd recommend going with Cloudstroller. It's in OHT 2 (Old Unicorn Forest) and with the Heroes' Blood quest to enter you're more likely to find those two bosses alive than the world bosses on the other maps.

Compared to Ossein Lord: Flame, who has a painful pdef break and stun, Cloudstroller is a lot easier to manage the first time around.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Yes it is.

For trying them out, I'd recommend going with Cloudstroller. It's in OHT 2 (Old Unicorn Forest) and with the Heroes' Blood quest to enter you're more likely to find those two bosses alive than the world bosses on the other maps.

Compared to Ossein Lord: Flame, who has a painful pdef break and stun, Cloudstroller is a lot easier to manage the first time around.

Cool, i intent to gather myself a squad to camp these bosses. I figure with quite a bunch of them being around all at the same time, there must be some openings. Traveling now though, ill get to it a month from now, PM me if you wanna join, so i can PM you when im back home and get to it :)
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    There are plenty of openings. When I do them, I like to start at Watcher of Chasm because it's just so weak compared to the others. If someone is already there, I'll move on to Hornska Lord and then on down my list. I try to do OHT bosses after the easier world map bosses because movement from boss to boss on the world map is much faster than in OHT.

Alphaleus and Shadow Doll seem to be the first ones to go down, as far as I can tell. The only time I've ever managed to catch Alphaleus alive was when I flew over to do my faction base quests and I saw him and had to kill him. b:avoid

Sonic Oppressor and Cerberean Sentinal will occasionally stay alive much longer than the rest of them. Sometimes they're still alive several days later and people are complaining about everyone dying at Snowy Village because some wonderful person pulled Sentinal.

If I'm on and free when you go to do it I'd be happy to come help.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    There are plenty of openings. When I do them, I like to start at Watcher of Chasm because it's just so weak compared to the others. If someone is already there, I'll move on to Hornska Lord and then on down my list. I try to do OHT bosses after the easier world map bosses because movement from boss to boss on the world map is much faster than in OHT.

Alphaleus and Shadow Doll seem to be the first ones to go down, as far as I can tell. The only time I've ever managed to catch Alphaleus alive was when I flew over to do my faction base quests and I saw him and had to kill him. b:avoid

Sonic Oppressor and Cerberean Sentinal will occasionally stay alive much longer than the rest of them. Sometimes they're still alive several days later and people are complaining about everyone dying at Snowy Village because some wonderful person pulled Sentinal.

If I'm on and free when you go to do it I'd be happy to come help.

sounds like you solo them. What equipment is about needed for that ? Would a 15k HP APS barb with G16+10 weapon make any chance ? (can dual client with a cleric but prefer not as it greatly reduces travel speed)
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    and what did i do wrong here or is sweetiebot not online ?

SweetieBot 5 points to Arocus - Archosaur for being helpfull.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SweetieBot 5 points to Arocus - Archosaur for being helpfull.
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur awards 5 points to Arocus - Archosaur!
    Arocus - Archosaur is now in 15th place for April 2013 with 5 points (5 points overall).
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Arocus - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    I duo them, actually. I have an alt cleric and my wife is a R9 cleric (with a 5 aps sin alt). I couldn't tell you what kind of gear you'd need to be able to solo them. When I started farming them I had around 9k hp buffed, but then again I did have two clerics to help.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Unless something changed, it was 24 hours for most world bosses. Some had different times, but for the most part faction farming parties would reconvene every 24 hours to kill the bosses in a rotation they had set up to get the most out of forming up.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I lucked into a squad doing the camel boss in OHT not long after the Descent expansion (when spawn times got changed) and helped with one or two more Chronoworld bosses. When I asked, I was told that respawn was 23 or 24 hours (if I remember right) depending on boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...for the most part faction farming parties would reconvene every 24 hours to kill the bosses in a rotation they had set up to get the most out of forming up.

It is, as Sylvae said, a case of the rotation timing being set shortly after a server restart and the same people using it as a monopoly to farm the World Boss's each day. If you want a shot at some of the easier ones such as Shadow Doll, Soul Hunter, Watcher etc the best bet is to be Johnny-on-the-Spot after the servers come back up on any given week. You may need to wait a short while for them to spawn but if you are quick enough to be the first one there you can set the timing for that particular boss.

In the past it was faction farming parties, however now Fuzzy is sure it simply a case of only 1 or 2 people on each server who solo them to hold the rotational monopoly. This is rather irksome to the panda and an issue he has raised before with the GM's. However, Fuzzy does not wish to derail the thread with his rantings about how this aspect of the game needs to be revised..... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    It's entirely possible it's 24 hours. I had looked for them 24 hours later several times but I could never find them.

It is at 4am for me though, so if someone with a more reasonable time zone could check this I'd appreciate it.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    You guys kinda sound like "oh someone else is killing them, so i have no chance, its no fair"

If someone else is doing something, then why can you not do the same ? Sure im not r9+12 so they could kill faster, but when theres 26 of em, surely they wont be stealing all my kills.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys kinda sound like "oh someone else is killing them, so i have no chance, its no fair"

If someone else is doing something, then why can you not do the same ? Sure im not r9+12 so they could kill faster, but when theres 26 of em, surely they wont be stealing all my kills.

Depends really on who bothers, I know our dear R999+12 everything DoT archer farms them a lot, I usually take Dipter for myself and if I can bother I also kill Cenminator. Neither are the easiest ones but that just means I dont have such competition for them as I would have for easiest ones. OHT ones tend to be alive from time to time, I know a guildie cleric asked me to come kill one during last 2x only to notice I dont have maps opened on my sin, which Ive been working on lately.

As far as Archosaur goes, I think the archer and I are only ones who bother with them, granted there is good chance I havent just crossed paths with others. And I rarely bother staying up after maint if its not 2x drops. If I were you, Id try one of the bosses I tend to claim while its not 2x drops.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Depends really on who bothers, I know our dear R999+12 everything DoT archer farms them a lot, I usually take Dipter for myself and if I can bother I also kill Cenminator. Neither are the easiest ones but that just means I dont have such competition for them as I would have for easiest ones. OHT ones tend to be alive from time to time, I know a guildie cleric asked me to come kill one during last 2x only to notice I dont have maps opened on my sin, which Ive been working on lately.

As far as Archosaur goes, I think the archer and I are only ones who bother with them, granted there is good chance I havent just crossed paths with others. And I rarely bother staying up after maint if its not 2x drops. If I were you, Id try one of the bosses I tend to claim while its not 2x drops.

I don't mind the small groups farming them, but I do wish they were easier to find at other times. Not many are on at server reset in my faction and I'd like to do them with facmates more.

There are a few other groups who do farm them on Archosaur, although I haven't farmed them myself lately so that may not be true anymore.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Of course they should make them spawn at random times.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013

Except one of the tactics warring factons also used, involved resetting aggro, stealing aggro and taking off, and generally griefing the heck out of opposing faction's. That way they can spare a few to police the WBs they want to go to next, while their main force does the actual killing.

Too much FCing seems to lead to way too linear thinking.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Except one of the tactics warring factons also used, involved resetting aggro, stealing aggro and taking off, and generally griefing the heck out of opposing faction's. That way they can spare a few to police the WBs they want to go to next, while their main force does the actual killing.

Too much FCing seems to lead to way too linear thinking.

Well im sure they will. But my linear way of thinking is "any game they play, i can play, and better if i put myself to it". Its often a fruitfull way of thinking.
    As said, i am no R9.3, but if i can gather a good group, i can play their game. Ill make sure i dont violate the TOS in any slightest way for they might hate my guts and i am not a CSer, so the game of politics i cannot win ;)
    Not sure if i want to get into this though, depends on what faction and friends im gonna end up with. As said, i am traveling for now and have been doing so for the last 5 months. Need to get back into the social thing as well :)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Well im sure they will. But my linear way of thinking is "any game they play, i can play, and better if i put myself to it". Its often a fruitfull way of thinking.
    As said, i am no R9.3, but if i can gather a good group, i can play their game. Ill make sure i dont violate the TOS in any slightest way for they might hate my guts and i am not a CSer, so the game of politics i cannot win ;)
    Not sure if i want to get into this though, depends on what faction and friends im gonna end up with. As said, i am traveling for now and have been doing so for the last 5 months. Need to get back into the social thing as well :)

I think it avoids violating the TOS stance on griefing, as long as they actually try to kill the WB eventually. If it's done just to grief and no other reason, then it would be a violation. Sorta like CoA would be my guess, though getting an official stance by the admins would likely be advisable.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    I think it avoids violating the TOS stance on griefing, as long as they actually try to kill the WB eventually. If it's done just to grief and no other reason, then it would be a violation. Sorta like CoA would be my guess, though getting an official stance by the admins would likely be advisable.

I actually refered to this situations where top factions are getting eachother banned. Probably it was better not to do that though, better to stay far away from politics.....