Dear people asking for specific class for bh.

Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
2013-019.jpg

Bh Gv wave 3 (Delta for snobby people from other servers) with 4 clerics, 1 psy and 1 mystic (me).

It was one of the easiest run I have done.

I don't understand people wasting their time and teles to ask for a specific class for 10 minutes while they could save teles and time by taking any class.

How often I see:

Emma: Look for barb for bh GV pm me.
After 45 seconds
Emma: Look for barb for bh GV pm me!!!
After 2 minutes
Emma: Look for freaking barb for freaking bh GV!! b:angry
After 5 minutes
Emma: Look for barb for bh GV pm me. b:surrender
After 7 minutes
Emma: Where the *** are all freaking barbs???? b:angryb:cry
After 10 minutes
Emma: Look for tank for bh GV pm me for invite. b:surrender
After 12 minutes
Emma: Look for any class bh GV pm me. -.-

And me as mystic with my squad of 4 clerics and 1 psy I look at that and think ''Oh my people would save money and time if they wasn't looking for a specific class''. xD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
Post edited by Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh sure. THEN you weren't afk.
  • Aquiminthe - Sanctuary
    Aquiminthe - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b:victory Casters

Thank you for this post
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've thought of making a how-to guide for doing... everything barbless or even clericless. The problem is some of this takes either A. gear, or B. skill. Not everyone has those. A quick rundown:

Most LA classes can pull a Delta 2 with 6.5k hp. Casters it's a little more dependant on killing mobs before they reach you. I've seen a 5.5k psy tank just fine because after Earth Vector 6 seconds of stun by the time the mobs reach you there should be only a few mobs left and the rest magic mobs. Throw in a BM and you can extend that stun time to 12 seconds.

Point is most classes 7k or higher can tank a Delta 2 if they tried.

One of the funniest Delta's I ever did was me grouping and stunning the mobs at spawnpoint then HFing for an archer. When the stun wore off I used Bolt of Tyreseus to freeze them in place out of range of the archer. He "tanked" although the mobs never reached him. I was in physical range but he had aggro so they weren't attacking me. We laughed because a Delta 3 had something like 7.5k repair bill for me and 6k for him and almost nothing for the rest of the squad.

For Aba many squads are going back to aps-only. It's much easier to kill the boss in 30 seconds before he buffs, you just need the person who takes the first punch to AD while other use Subsea/EP/Tangling Mire. My Sin and BM can each almost solo him in the 30 second time limit so really you just need 2 good DD's and can have 4 whatevers in the squad.

Seat is a little harder. One of the big problems is people neglecting their ornament refines, having +8 armor and 12k hp... with +3 necklace and belt so they drop as fast as a 9k hp BM but have more that needs healing. All boss attacks are physical, so bring phys ornies. If you have a BM or Seeker that uses magic ornies and a sin on the same account with tt99 HA ornies then grab those for the boss. Having a demon BM in squad really helps because he can +150% defense with bell. With this method even LAs and well geared AAs can tank. Seat boss has consistent damage that never really spike (the damage rate recieved in the first 15 seconds will be the same damage rate after 5 minutes) and the only real spike you receive are if bb drops. This can be avoided by keeping the boss at max distance.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't understand people wasting their time and teles to ask for a specific class for 10 minutes while they could save teles and time by taking any class.
    because it might be the minority that dont have the gears to do rebirth at spawn point. Such squads would be picky i suppose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do agree, if the skill/gear is just right no one really "NEEDS" a specific class for ANYTHING, albeit there is a plethora of things to consider when thinking about doing something barbless/clericless, but still 9 times out of 10 if someone says they'll be fine then they often will be.

I do hate that word 'NEED'.. its definitely more of a want.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    f:angry At least now they'll know where all the clerics are when they're looking for one to do BH with.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    because it might be the minority that dont have the gears to do rebirth at spawn point. Such squads would be picky i suppose

On HL as far as I know there's no one doing it anymore not spawn. (for Bh)
    I run every kind of squad as you can see and I don't remember last time someone even asked spawn or normal. People automatically run at spawn it's not even a question anymore.

But some squad sometime have a BM with 12k h and ask for a tank... a BM with 12k hp can tank bh, but some people are close mind and want a barb as tank, a bm for dg, a sin 5aps for DD, a cleric for BB then 2 other DD generally aps toons.

Sometime I'm in a forming squad with 1 spot left and the lead ask which class we should take and the sin answer ''take a barb we need a tank or I leave'' while we have a archer with 15k hp that say he can tank. It's not like barb was able anymore to keep aggro.

I love barbs, don't get me wrong, but I won't spend 10 minutes and 100k teles to get one, I ask a tank if a barb pm good if it's a other class then I'm fine with it too.

And sometime it's R9rr that ask for a specific class, it's like the guy could solo it, but ask for specific class.... xD

I mean it's just sad and funny in the same time. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rajevon - Harshlands
    Rajevon - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yah true thing..

gv is not hard like old days with new gears too..

once i did 3rd wave with 5 sins and a seeker (me) lol b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013

I do understand asking a specific class, but 10 min is exagerated. Often, specific class is for specific buffs. At that point, it would be easier to just ask a friend to buff and take another class. Same happens with seekers asking for sins in squad. Not that they really care about the sin, but they just like bp.

I do understand asking for a specific role for 10 min. If your squad has nobody to tank, there is no use in going. For me, those roles would be "tank", "healer" and "DD". Grats on your squad, but I'm sure there is some gear behind it.

I do not understand asking for several minutes for something the squad already has, simply because the leader is narrowminded. I see it a lot. A psychic is usually not a class expected to tank, but on my psychic I can tank all bh easily for gear reasons. All it takes is to hoover over the hp of each squad member and ask if they can. In random squads, they just keep spamming wc and don't even ask. (I learned not to tell out of myself that I can tank, that only gives bad reactions. b:laugh) But seriously, if there is any class with 10k+ hp in squad or if you simply recognise a r999 weapon, ask first if they can tank the bh before spamming wc.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People need classes for BH? Why not just solo it, BH is a joke anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It reminds me of the time in my Cleric's faction somebody was making a Delta St3 squad. They already had a Cleric and had last spot for DD so I asked them to come along. They rejected me at first because they wanted a "real DD" or something along the lines; I didn't paid much attention really. I was expecting that.

Eventually, said person decided to take me along and I ended up tanking the majority of the waves, if not all. I was in VD mode and just AOEing and attacking as much as I could and kept stealing aggro off everyone else.

There were similar cases with my Venomancer when I offered to tank the waves or when someone was a bit too skeptical to drag me along because Venomancers "can't DD" and yet I was the one to steal aggro off every wave.

I'm talking about average squads here even. I won't even go into OP squads; we don't even need a Cleric for those.

Overall, however, I have to agree with some of the other posters; some people lack the skill or gear to do these in uncommon ways but if the squad is that bad maybe they shouldn't be trying to do spawn point delta. I've been to that kind of squads too..b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is not limited to delta. I have done delta wave 2 just fine with 5 sins and a cleric. I'm all r93 +10-11 so frankly I don't even need anyone else except to open for wave 2 if I'm charmed. Ohterwise it is nice to have some ih or bb.

I have such a hard time getting invites to random squads with my wizzy (r9 sin has none) for bh aba,sot, and snake. I have several times gotten into one and then the leader just keeps on spamming wc for a sin or barb while I am busy clearing away. So tip to those peeps- when a 17+k wizzy joins, you don't need to keep looking for a tank lol. Heck I do even keep agro from most of the apsers unless they are they +12 variety.

I think the general population hasn't let it sink in and haven't experienced just how op the new r93 is when you are all +10 or higher. Regular pve is a joke.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    <- tanks full delta on spawn with my wizzard - still gets rejected for delta 2 in world chat or asked to bring my barb, its always been that way, APS vana not wanting casters, caster vana not wanting archers, bh abba wanting only sins, bh seat not wanting any sins, human nature, why fight it when you can't win. :)
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2013-019.jpg

Bh Gv wave 3 (Delta for snobby people from other servers) with 4 clerics, 1 psy and 1 mystic (me).

It was one of the easiest run I have done.

And me as mystic with my squad of 4 clerics and 1 psy I look at that and think ''Oh my people would save money and time if they wasn't looking for a specific class''. xD

And the people in this squad were mostly R9 or R9R so of course you had no problems finishing a 3rd wave. On the other hand, i have gone with squads where they even fail a SECOND wave cuz they simply do not know their class because of glorious power lvling. b:beatup

However, I personally don't have problems finding squads for any BH and i DO take certain classes >.> Barb, Cleric, Sin, Bm are pretty much mandatory and 2 RANDOM DD classes be it seeker, psy, mystic, veno, archer or w/e.....if those 2 random DD slots are taken, so be it b:scorn
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yah true thing..

gv is not hard like old days with new gears too..

once i did 3rd wave with 5 sins and a seeker (me) lol b:laugh

You gotta remember raje, the majority of the server doesn;t cs therefore doesn;t have the gear and refines to back up the damage they put out aka wizzies in DB and psy's.......my psy takes agro off your seek in every GV run b:chuckle and tbh, i love myself a good DG, the dmg is smexy add that with an SS on the boss b:dirty b:victory it's amazing b:pleased
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now I understand why people have a hard time getting eps for bhs. They get up in the middle of the nigh, right after reset. Finally, then they make full or almost full cleric squads.
    Result--->Most clerics do their bh's 1st, and then the rest can't find them
    f:worry
    edited April 2013
    And the people in this squad were mostly R9 or R9R

Nop.

I do agree some people don't know their class.

A usual squad and a unusual can both fail if people AFK or don't know how to play their class.

Personally I prefer do GV without tank/puller, with just DDs the wave is dead in 10-15 seconds, with a barb the time he go get the mobs, to aggro them, to come back to the squad, then kill the mobs it take 1 minute to 1minute 30 sec. (some barb look like to take pleasure to take 1 minutes to go get mobs and aggro them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love the wc's "looking for barb for bh xx we are at boss" b:cute
    edited April 2013
    I love the wc's "looking for barb for bh xx we are at boss" b:cute

Same when I'm on cleric and see ''Look for cleric we are at boss'' it's so nice, no need to clean. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nop.

I do agree some people don't know their class.

A usual squad and a unusual can both fail if people AFK or don't know how to play their class.

Personally I prefer do GV without tank/puller, with just DDs the wave is dead in 10-15 seconds, with a barb the time he go get the mobs, to aggro them, to come back to the squad, then kill the mobs it take 1 minute to 1minute 30 sec. (some barb look like to take pleasure to take 1 minutes to go get mobs and aggro them)

My barb's arma 1 hits all waves in first stage, and pretty much few others with hf, how is barb not a DD then? :P
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • DeadFriend - Dreamweaver
    DeadFriend - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I still feel sad for people that have problems with w3. Dunno what happened, but when i started playng perfect world first, i've seen people doing full delta with such crazy squads like barb+cler+4 venos. And that's at the time when tt99 gears were god-tier,were no fishies etc. And if I remember right, not even all of these venos were 100+. So yeah, i guess at least w3 is finishable with almost any squad, but people are just lazy now(well, I'm kinda lazy too lol b:surrender )
  • ShaiFatali - Lost City
    ShaiFatali - Lost City Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've tanked both GV's and WS metal bosses (both badge and BH) when there was a barb in the squad, IJS. Having a barb means nothing on bosses if they can't keep aggro. It takes FOREVER, though, because I have to White Voodoo and if I'm maintaining aggro in White Voodoo then there's clearly not very strong DD in the group.

I guess you'd have to gauge how much longer it'll take to do it with an ad hoc squad versus finding people that are more suited to the roles required.
    A prima luce usque ad lucem

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vive, pugnare aut mori.
    edited April 2013
    My barb's arma 1 hits all waves in first stage, and pretty much few others with hf, how is barb not a DD then? :P

Depend on which barb, it's like sometime I see barbs with less hp then my cleric. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Furrface - Dreamweaver
    Furrface - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    f:angry At least now they'll know where all the clerics are when they're looking for one to do BH with.

That was very funny!