Earthen Rift does not work on SoT BH Boss

Options
Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Quality Corner
A couple of weeks ago after a patch, the assassin skill earthen rift stopped working on the Lord of Captivation in SoT. It used to work fine, but now it stops in the middle of the animation and forces you to wait until you can use your next skill. I feel this should be looked into as it would most likely be an easy fix in comparison with some of the game's issues. Please if someone could get back to me on this that would be great!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's a large boss, which you can melee from a huge distance away from the centre of the base, but I guess if you earthern rift, you don't hit the base and so the damage doesn't hit. It happens a lot with things like Psychic Aqua Cannon

You can just move closer
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This happens with some skills due to dagger and fist/claw range being only 2.5m. Most your skill spam is set at 4.5m so they work, but when you move in to auto attack the mobs moves too close and is out of range so you channel like you're going to attack but then glitch because your attack can't reach them.

Its similar to going to attack a bm as they leap back. It freezes you for a second.

A couple other bosses do this, like Holleen in FCC. Its because they're so huge but their "center" that you attack is inside them.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It doesnt seem to work at any distance from the boss. I have tried before and nothing worked. I think it has just become broken for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sometimes i skillspam this boss, because it sometimes onehit me using two times such high damage numbers (15.000~) that i die within one or two hits (with Deaden).

So i used rift too and it worked for me just fine everytime. Cant confirm this
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    sounds like its an issue on your end, earthen rift works just fine for me on that boss
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Edalus - Momaganon
    Edalus - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I know what he means, there seems to be an issue with the range of Earthen Rift too, I totally forgot about that. It happened to me the first time during base quests with the Chaosand Sludgestalker.

To reproduce it I had to have a mob with a big target area and to stand at max distance the Sin is able to activate Earthen Rift and after channeling is over the Sin does not do the actual skill.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    That sounds like interup which any mob can do
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Edalus - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    That sounds like interup which any mob can do

It is no sort of interrupt, it seemed so at first, but it happens too if one does not get hit: the Sin just stops and stands still in the animation for a few moments.

For reproducing: one can go to a Chaosand Sludgestalker and try to start the fight with Earthen Rift, then do not move and just try to use Earthen Rift at max range.

For me it seems that the activation radius is not melee but the actual skill has only melee range and because of the first the entire skill does not get the range bonus on a weapon.
    Why I think so?
    The problem still prevails with daggers without range bonus, the skill is activatable (channeling phase) from a greater range than the actual skill is usable (casting phase), therefore the activation radius seems to have a wrong value as the skill is well usable if the Sin stands closer to the target; and some value of the skill has to be ranged (in this case the activation range) which prevents it from getting the range bonus on a weapon.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    That's happened to me before, but with Subsea Strike instead. It happens due to the size of the boss's hitbox, and it can be solved by walking closer to the center of the boss before rifting. Ever since I started doing that, all of my skills work.
  • Edalus - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    That's happened to me before, but with Subsea Strike instead. It happens due to the size of the boss's hitbox, and it can be solved by walking closer to the center of the boss before rifting. Ever since I started doing that, all of my skills work.

It is the same with Puncture Wound and Power Dash: if the Sin is very close to the target then all is fine.
    Anyhow, it gives some limits to the opening of a battle or to the positioning during a battle which does not seem to be intended if the descriptions are right.

Changing the skills now or the descriptions? Well, the latter would leave the Sin with some disadvantages which are not understandable - at least for me - because this class is no more overpowered, and in fact the issues mentioned here and there only favour the use of APS instead of very likely bugged skills. (I mean, no new Sin player can know this, he has to learn and to remember the issues and then to bear it but that seems not to be the goal of this forum's section...)