[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 4-9-2013 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Considering Sage=Light and Demon=dark, u can think about this. If there isnt light in the universe it means there is dark, and when there is light in universe it means any object can proyect a shadow. Saying this, Sage cant win, couse there will be always at least a shadow. So if demon wins it will be for the eternity. thats why sage always win battles, but not the war!
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think either cultivation would have too much of an advantage over the other in something like this.

As far as demons being evil and cheating to win, that's not really true. Demons want power but they're not necessarily evil.
  • Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands
    Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SweetieBot analyze me
    Soul_Ripper_ Lv 98 Sage Assassin Leader: MyLtlPwny

If you see this, then the thread has been PONIFIED!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flutterbat is going to steal your apples! b:shocked
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SweetieBot analyze me
    SweetieBot has read your last 43 posts!
    Here's some neat stuff SweetieBot has learned.

General Stats:
    Forum name: Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands
    Last Post Date: 04-09-2013
    Total Posting Days: 283
    Total Posts: 44
    Average Posts per Day: 0.2

Activity:
    Posting By Hour Chart
    Posting By Day Chart
    Posting By Subforum Pie Chart

Writing Stats (what SweetieBot read):
    Total Words: 1070
    Total Sentences: 88
    Average Words per Post: 24.9
    Average Words per Sentence: 12.2
    Average Sentences per Post: 2.0
    Average Syllables per Word: 1.4
    Average Letters per Word: 4.2

Most Used Words (count): (common words excluded)
    Word Cloud
    sweetiebot (13)
    been (5)
    game (5)
    memory (4)
    after (4)
    getting (4)
    faction (4)
    very (3)
    instead (3)
    over (3)

Most Used 3-Word Phrases (count):
    "sweetiebot analyze me (3)"
    "it would be (2)"
    "getting rid of (2)"
    Most Used 4-Word Phrases (count):
    "getting rid of pests (2)"
    "sweetiebot analyze me wewt (2)"
    "sharp spear i seen (1)"
    Most Used 5-Word Phrases (count):
    "epic mount maybe make it (1)"
    "you can get xd but (1)"
    "the east that go in (1)"

This took me 27.3 s to finish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Depends on their numbers and gear (as well as their skills).
    If those aren't an issue, the winning side would be the one who's the most willing (and capable) to function as a group/whole. So, whichever side that sets aside their pride, prejudices, and/or grudges to work together to achieve victory - be it the proud Sages or the power-hungry Demons.

I'd imagine such a conflict would put those who haven't decided on a cultivation or have friends or loved ones on opposing sides...in a very uncomfortable position in all of this. They might make a "third party" who would try to stop the conflict between the two. Whether they'll be successful or become a hindrance for either side is just as uncertain as the overall outcome of this war.

Worst case scenario is that they slaughter each other with no winner.
    Actually, thats the best case~.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SuperLambo - Dreamweaver
    SuperLambo - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Demon WIN, sages are broken toons, need repair in conversion npc.
  • StxChubaka - Raging Tide
    StxChubaka - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Turn it into a poll, to see what the community votes on...
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Demons win because demon venos steal 200chi with two skills, purges more, demon HF lasts longer making the superior demon BoA hit harder and the things that demon HF doesn't catch get hit by demon nova and demon drake bash is a 7.5s stun giving plenty of time to DD
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • _Tristax - Sanctuary
    _Tristax - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sage vs. Demon huh?

Well, actually, if you take equally skilled players with identical armor and weapon, the fight would actually take pretty long. Who would win? I don't know. I guess it surely depends on how you play, what skillcombos you use and how you play with your cooldowns.

If Sage/Demon wouldn't be balanced. People would obviously go to the better. However, there are some classes, (like a seeker), where it is pre-determined which path you choose (sage in the seekers' case) which means, there won't be a lot of the opposing path around and that would make it pretty hard to decide.

So my final answer is,

Some classes are better compatible with one of the paths. So, it means, for either side to win or lose (with the same gear), it requires teamwork, individual skill, and tactical gameplay. And the outcome, well, we'll see about that ;-)
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The side (demon/sage) who got the most R9 will win. b:bye
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear
    Ezio_Sin - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We've got maintenance tonight, with an estimated downtime of 11pm PDT to 1am PDT.

This week's question:

If all the demons and all the sages in Perfect World got into a fight, who would win and why?

Thanks!

- The PWI Team

Sages of course, because they have Sam and Dean Winchester to fight the demons!
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
  • bodokeeg
    bodokeeg Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    as it is a game, demon would win due to 3 spark and attack speed despite sage benefitis are not able to defeat a demon one.
  • FleshReaper - Raging Tide
    FleshReaper - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GMs will win their answer
  • Aragonite - Archosaur
    Aragonite - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The side with the most moolah will win.
  • CynthiaDoll - Raging Tide
    CynthiaDoll - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sage will win because good is natural, the original state of all creation that comes from God. Evil is a temporary state when something or someone does not have the goodness it was meant to have.
  • Mistiks - Raging Tide
    Mistiks - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b:angry Demons OFC - Bad Girls and Boys we will do anything to win !
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Both would win, because then they could form an alliance and fight against the wraith's....
    #PerfectWorld
    b:chuckle Im lame.
  • JehPsychic - Archosaur
    JehPsychic - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Depends on classes, but for me I say sage! All better things come in sage for, Blood Paint, Soul of Vengence, Bubble of Life, etc :D
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, for this question, we would have to attempt to determine which cultivation is more popular for which class in mass pk.

If the results are roughly 50/50 for both sides for all classes, then we can conclude that cultivation for both sage and demon are balanced for all classes!

Based on the latest survey I can find, it seems that I can conclude the following:
    Wizard is roughly equal for both.
    Blademaster leans towards Sage.
    Seeker heavily leans towards Sage.
    Mystic leans towards Demon.
    Assassin is roughly equal for both.
    Psychic is roughly equal for both.
    Cleric is roughly equal for both.
    Archer is roughly equal for both
    Venomancers heavily leans towards Sage.
    Barbarian leans towards Demon.

So Sages will have fewer Mystics and Barbarians while demons will have fewer Blademasters, Seeker and Venomancers.

While Barb buffs are nice to have, there are apoth and base buffs that can provide similar buffs. The lack of the ability to purge off these buffs however, is much more detrimental.

Mystics are great support classes. However, their numbers are few and far in between. Additionally, Clerics does a better job at supporting, if not just as well as mystics do. The lack of Mystics for sages would not be heavily detrimental.

Blademasters and Venomancers are critical mass pvp classes. They provide the best CC, and the most deadly debuffs. The lack of these two classes on the Demon's side would heavily tilt the battle in the Sage's favor.

Based on the latest survey I found, I would say that Sages will come out on top.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, for this question, we would have to attempt to determine which cultivation is more popular for which class in mass pk.

If the results are roughly 50/50 for both sides for all classes, then we can conclude that cultivation for both sage and demon are balanced for all classes!

Based on the latest survey I can find, it seems that I can conclude the following:
    Wizard is roughly equal for both.
    Blademaster leans towards Sage.
    Seeker heavily leans towards Sage.
    Mystic leans towards Demon.
    Assassin is roughly equal for both.
    Psychic is roughly equal for both.
    Cleric is roughly equal for both.
    Archer is roughly equal for both
    Venomancers heavily leans towards Sage.
    Barbarian leans towards Demon.

So Sages will have fewer Mystics and Barbarians while demons will have fewer Blademasters, Seeker and Venomancers.

While Barb buffs are nice to have, there are apoth and base buffs that can provide similar buffs. The lack of the ability to purge off these buffs however, is much more detrimental.

Blademasters and Venomancers are critical mass pvp classes. The lack of these two classes on the Demon's side would heavily tilt the battle in the Sage's favor.

Based on the latest survey I found, I would say that Sages will come out on top.

Because a survey on the forums is accurate for the game itself. b:chuckle

I'd have to say Demons. Not sure why people have been talking about sparks, since you aren't gonna spark in mass PvP anyway. Demon Demon rarara Demon Demon rarara
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Because a survey on the forums is accurate for the game itself. b:chuckle

I'd have to say Demons. Not sure why people have been talking about sparks, since you aren't gonna spark in mass PvP anyway. Demon Demon rarara Demon Demon rarara

You're saying it as if this thread is accurate in itself, or somehow more accurate than the survery :o
    Since both are from the same forum, neither is more accurate for the game.

For a discussion on the forums, I ought to pull information from the forums. It makes more sense don't you think?
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • haywiz
    haywiz Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lets do a SAGE vs DEMON nation war and find out!!!!
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, it would be long battle, but in the end both sages and demons would be defeated, gone, thing of past, the battle would transfer to low levels, in a massive long lasting battle, but even them would end up being defeated, with their bodies scattered all over the Perfect World... But, just when all things seemed lost, when all hope is gone, right then, one person appears! As it turns out, it's level 1 Cleric, little cleric that will train to become better, who will train so hard that in the end will bring everyone back to life and restore the lost glory to the world of PWI. Cleric that will teach others and speak about great battle and heroes that has fallen.

I gotta say this is the best answer so far. Epic man, just plain epic! I vote for this to be the winner! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hatredzero10
    hatredzero10 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i think it will be equal because sage skills gives def stuffs and demon skills gives atk stuffs
    but it depends on the playerb:chuckle
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the cat shop of course !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaniff - Harshlands
    Kaniff - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ill answer with the way it goes in 99% of all stories, good always prevails at the end so i say sages
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would have to go with Demons (Even though I am sage) due to the fact that generally, demons hit harder/have more crit/are better for PvP, people may be thinking "who cares if they hit harder" or w/e, but seeming a large quantity of PWI are casters, that means they are long-range, thus being able to hit opponents harder from further away e.g. Archers, they have higher crit when demon and tend to be better in PvP (From what I've seen) and hit at their hardest when at long-range, so they would instantly be a great asset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I gotta say this is the best answer so far. Epic man, just plain epic! I vote for this to be the winner! b:victory

1. I do believe the question said "Sage or demons" thus only lvl 89+ being involved in the battle, in what was stated.
    2. Unfortunately your vote doesn't count =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since when does being a Sage equate to being "good"?
    Why are Demons considered to be "evil" by many?
    Good and evil are subjective, and the cultivations are simply split down to two paths of enlightenment...

The Sages who seek to purify themselves through the suppression of their desires...
    The Demons who allow their passions and desires to become their true driving force...
    Are either really so easily defined as "good" and "evil"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • foxmike
    foxmike Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sages.
    "Offense is the best defense"? Never true.
    Sages have the best defense :)