Skill books(level 89 demon/sage)

bluefox213
bluefox213 Posts: 155 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Hi,

I'm soon getting to level 89. So far I know that u need those skill books to level ur skills after they get to level 10.

But besides buying them from other people. Where can u find these books?

I heared some stuff about Brimstone(instance im guessing). Can u find all of the skillbooks for every class there? And if so just from bosses?
Post edited by bluefox213 on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Many of the "level 11" books can either be found in Brimstone/Eden (though some drop in Abaddon/Seat of Torment) or made with Mysterious Pages from exchanging Tokens with the Boutique Agent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    eden and brim do still drop books, however I was told that sot and abba no longer drop books. I think now those skills must be got with old book pages from delta of advanced pages from cube,coa and the pages you can make with tokens.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    eden and brim do still drop books, however I was told that sot and abba no longer drop books. I think now those skills must be got with old book pages from delta of advanced pages from cube,coa and the pages you can make with tokens.

SoT and Abba still drop books, no1 bothers to do the last bosses for them though.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The bosses in Eden and Brimstone Pit (all 3 in each) drop a small selection of books (only 6 possible per boss, all low level, and all for only the original classes.) These books are in the normal drop table, and are more likely to drop during double drops. The final bosses in Abaddon (Peachblossom Ritualist) and Seat of Torment (Hellfire Abomination) drop from much larger selection of books, but from the additional drop table, so these drops are unaffected by double drops.

Since BH100 no longer targets Peachtree Ritualist nor Hellfire Abomination, the number of books obtained from them has greatly decreased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The bosses in Eden and Brimstone Pit (all 3 in each) drop a small selection of books (only 6 possible per boss, all low level, and all for only the original classes.) These books are in the normal drop table, and are more likely to drop during double drops. The final bosses in Abaddon (Peachblossom Ritualist) and Seat of Torment (Hellfire Abomination) drop from much larger selection of books, but from the additional drop table, so these drops are unaffected by double drops.

Since BH100 no longer targets Peachtree Ritualist nor Hellfire Abomination, the number of books obtained from them has greatly decreased.

I wanna know what happened to Yuki QQ !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluefox213
    bluefox213 Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok, so where can I find seeker skill books?

That was what I'm searching for actually....which instance, and what more ways are there...
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Linky

The seeker page seems to be ****ed up a bit. Other than that i dont know if it is totally complete anyway. It does at least tell you the different sources.

If you want a better page, just try some more google searches. I tried only 1 search query and gave you the result that looked most interesting out of the first page. Not a very difficult task, but im a little lazy too you know :)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bluefox213 wrote: »
    ok, so where can I find seeker skill books?

That was what I'm searching for actually....which instance, and what more ways are there...

Looks like Peachblossom Ritualist and Hellfire Abomination drop Heart Shatter, Blade Affinity, Adrenal Numbness, Rocksplitting Cleave, Ion Spike, Battousai and Darkcloud Bolt; anything else you're going to have to make from pages of various sorts (or buy from people who did so, and didn't get the book they wanted...) That includes 79 skill books (made from apocalypse pages) and 100 skill books (made from chrono pages) but not the Morai skills, which are either bought from the orders or obtained in Advanced Endless Universe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can use pwdatabase.com as well
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can use pwdatabase.com as well

This is super useful.

Mysterious Pages
    Page of Fate
    Advanced Mystical Page (collect a certain amount of these for all the skills at once: the bookclip, which is 180 for seeker, sage or demon)
    Old Book Page

Did I forget any?
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Linky

The seeker page seems to be ****ed up a bit. Other than that i dont know if it is totally complete anyway. It does at least tell you the different sources.

If you want a better page, just try some more google searches. I tried only 1 search query and gave you the result that looked most interesting out of the first page. Not a very difficult task, but im a little lazy too you know :)

Solandri's page is indeed wrong for seekers.

I do not suggest the bookclip for Seekers, as most of those skills you can get for way cheaper than the total it costs for the bookclip (save at least 4m there).

Mostly, just be prepared to spend a lot of money on Old Book Pages, or just getting lucky with the Auction House.

Most of the PoF and OBP "common" skills are usually in the AH for pretty cheap, however if youre going to gamble on Vortex or Sword Mastery (unless your server has a strange surplus of them) you're gonna end up with copies of most of those.

Mastery, Vortex, and Edged Blur are the rarer ones. Usually mind and soul shatter get difficult too. I've sourced skills for 3 seekers now, it's a challenge. Make sure you start doing Morai asap when you're eligible.

By far, buy your skills if you can though. You will almost always save money vs gambling, and it takes FOREVER to get skills to drop when you want them to in the FBs.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5