How do you make your money?

Comments

• HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    collecting chests in fcc, picking up every drop, scanning auction for cheap deals...and so on. Little bits of extra cash add up quickly.
    Absolutely, always surprises me that so few people take the initiative to do this. Sure when i tell them to pick up the quest because we are gonna do it, they will, but noone ever takes the initiative. And the boxes sell for 300k.. 2 minutes work, it must be the easiest money in this game.
    I could probably make a lot more money if I played hardcore. However I refuse to play more So really, your ability to make money can also depend a lot on how far you're willing to go to get it.

I would say it primarily depends on this. If you are willing to farm 15 hours a day while having your catshop up for 24 hours a day. You make bill gates look like a bum. The good thing of course is that you can do a bunch of different things to keep it a bit interesting. Thats why i actually like this tread and am following it closely to see if there are good suggestions to make PWI life more diverse b:thanks
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Merchanting: slow pace, yields money depending on your investment, requires skills to predict gold prices and upcoming sales, requires knowledge about the market's interest.

FC Selling: sadly this gives a lot of money (I know someone that got r9 from doing this everyday), requires investing into a class that can solo FC fast, slow income and gets boring.

TT Farming: requires investing on a class that can solo squad TT (sin makes things easier), gain nothing to a jackpot each run, usually during 2x, know what you are farming (ribbons, antenna of consumer soul, forshura hooks, or gold mats).

Warsong Crafting Service: have to make your own squad to bank, requires a lot of banking space and badges, yields good money if you manage to sell a mold (weapons are most expensive), requires a lot of time and frustration.

EoD Farming: Those pesky lunar bhs can yield you money if you pay 3m to open lunar and get an EoD and sell for 4-5m, recommend only during 2x, income is average during 2x.

NW: Requires a decent geared character, money depends on how well you did and the nation your on, profit is still average but not high, twice a week.

Pack Openning: If your gambler, go ahead, but you have to be really lucky to get something.

Apoth Selling: Low income, have a territory that has an officer that makes IG or Sutra Power, a high level apoth to make defense charms.

Material Farming: Low income, materials are level dependent on what you farm, dig for materials to sell them (need to establish an area to farm), requires fast mount or ability to kill whatever is blocking you. (I did this before when it was popular, yields 1m per hour)

Event and Bh quest: the bh100 quest gives you can chance to get 2 ecstasy or 1 excitement cards, celestial tiger event would also give ecstasy or excitement if you get gold or silver, the bh for celestial tiger and jungle ruins could give you 3 ecstasy cards.

Cube: Pretty much what people said, I have not done cube for the profits because it frustrates me, but from what I heard they profited well.

This is pretty much what I got, add more if you want.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Can anyone tell me more about jungle ruins ?

I have just been googling it and found astrelles youtube vid. So its an event where you just avoid a bunch of traps. Make sure you know the thing well, run like crazy and get trough in 5 minutes or so.

However, what i read is all about bellts (now im starting to get a cleu where those cheap but good eye of the jungle belts all came from b:pleased) You speak about 3 extacy cards.

What do you need to do to get those 3 cards ? be faster than all other players ? or just do it within a certain time limit ?

About the BHs: A friend of me calculated the Expected value to be 850k or so. (average of value per BH after you have done a great number of them to even out the luck factor) Making it interesting to do only the BHs that can be finished in less than half an hour at most.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Three of the nighttime events have a quest available from the Head Hunter roughly an hour before they start. The Head Hunter gives you a Mystic Verdant Jade for completing them. The reward from it is roughly the same as a BH1 reward.

Monday night: Celestial Tigers event. Must score at least 2000 points.
    Tuesday night: Jungle Ruins. Reach the NPC in the third big room.
    Wednesday night: City of Abominations. Collect 1 astral orb.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Talk to Jolly Old Jones and take his new bounty quest.

Instant coin.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NW and cashing $$ for 470M a month...........that's no way possible for most. Unless your a no-life +12 assassin solo'ing TT 3-1 to 3-3 and getting a LOT of gold mats all day long.

You don't need r9 much less +12 refines to solo most of the bosses in 3-x. 470m in a month is not hard at all, you only talking 17m a day. I farmed 4 R9 armor pieces during one month of 2x and that was just a bit over 3 weeks in TT 8-10 runs a day and not every day. This is not even counting the pile of oht mats you get. I still got oht mats from that month of 2x over 6 months ago.

As a sin you could farm the 3 bosses in Brim and npc the drops for 17m a day with less headache than you get in TT and can get some decent dq, books, rings and molds. Just npc'n drops and coins I usually average 200-600k on one run alone in and out of 2x. One run takes me 5 mins. Lets take an average of 400k in coins you npc from brim. In 20 runs that is 8m coins for a little over an hour and a half of work on average, you are half way to that 17m.

In 1.5 hours I might can do 2 runs in 3-3 and that is not even all the bosses. If i get a gold I might be lucky and I still got repairs to look forward to.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't play much anymore, and mainly just one character.

I always turn in my caster tokens for mirages and npc them on 2 of my characters so thats 100k a day right there. Rarely catshops will pay over 10k per mirage, but its usually so negligible (10,003 for example) that I'd rather npc it than see them turn around and sell it for 16k or whatever.

I always do the Xenobeast daily, unless its Blackhole Devourer. While I can solo it, it takes too long and isn't worth it. I then sell my Tears of Heaven to catshops unless my genie needs food. Also any I get from doing RB BHs.

I do BHs, even Lunar sometimes. My fac leader pays the fee, we go in and they get all the drops except weirdly the Essence goes to random. They are cool that way.

I do Warsong badge runs and if a mold drops that no one needs we split the npc coin.

If there is something specific I need coin for I sell old fash. Sometimes I buy new fash that I don't really like and I flip it.

If I have 30min to an hour to kill I grind mobs. This is better during 2x, generally that is the only time people set up shops buying DQ items for quite a bit.

I can make a lot of coin selling that way. Also arch assaults if I can stand the tedious monotony of it.

I used to sell keys during 2x for nirvana, I never ran out of them.

I do NW, I didn't for a long while because invariably 1-3 nations would spend half the war baselocked. Now its a lot more fun, but not that great for money. I DID get my S2 set, and had the raps for my s2 wep but sold them all to get a 10* orb. Plan is to get more raps from more NW. I still need a 2* Exorcisor's Pataka to even make the S2 wep, and it will likely be forever until I get my hands on a Foundation of the World mold. I currently only have the S3 boot mold and the R9-3 boots/pants molds. I have bad luck even during 2x in Warsong...

So, basically I don't really do much out of the ordinary to make coin. It may not be that fast but its steady, and assuming I quit buying fash I don't have any real expenses to speak of.

I don't bother with packs so that saves tons of coin right there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how interesting, unfortunately no one of you belongs to harshlands s:
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You don't need r9 much less +12 refines to solo most of the bosses in 3-x. 470m in a month is not hard at all, you only talking 17m a day. I farmed 4 R9 armor pieces during one month of 2x and that was just a bit over 3 weeks in TT 8-10 runs a day and not every day. This is not even counting the pile of oht mats you get. I still got oht mats from that month of 2x over 6 months ago.

As a sin you could farm the 3 bosses in Brim and npc the drops for 17m a day with less headache than you get in TT and can get some decent dq, books, rings and molds. Just npc'n drops and coins I usually average 200-600k on one run alone in and out of 2x. One run takes me 5 mins. Lets take an average of 400k in coins you npc from brim. In 20 runs that is 8m coins for a little over an hour and a half of work on average, you are half way to that 17m.

In 1.5 hours I might can do 2 runs in 3-3 and that is not even all the bosses. If i get a gold I might be lucky and I still got repairs to look forward to.

What Brim boss you talking about? All of them drop nothing just little coins and only white gears worth nothing.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Three of the nighttime events have a quest available from the Head Hunter roughly an hour before they start. The Head Hunter gives you a Mystic Verdant Jade for completing them. The reward from it is roughly the same as a BH1 reward.

Monday night: Celestial Tigers event. Must score at least 2000 points.
    Tuesday night: Jungle Ruins. Reach the NPC in the third big room.
    Wednesday night: City of Abominations. Collect 1 astral orb.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/24709
    hmm
    15% x 50 mirages = 0,15 * 500k = 75k
    10% x 3 extacy = 0,1 * 3m = 300k
    10% x 40 socket stone = 0.1 * 400k = 40k
    The rest isnt worth too much, add up to about 450k total average value.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What Brim boss you talking about? All of them drop nothing just little coins and only white gears worth nothing.

All 3, Vexation, Abomination and Fats drop nicely when it`s 2x, can pretty much get away with 200 - 300k per run npcing plain drops, and don`t know how it is on other servers but some of the books (plume shot, true form and forgot the others) and 1 mold - sky daemon`s pearl also cost a pretty penny. Used to farm brim a lot when wasn`t strong enough to solo seat, made nice income to sponsor my gear upgrades. b:pleased
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why do none of you OP people run TM's. Lets say it takes 2 people to run TM79 with 4 paying customers. 4 customers - 8 runs - 1mill each - 32mill. I must be missing something because its so rare on HL. Why don't you do it?
  • kinmanny
    kinmanny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Or you can ignore everyone and do what I do and be manny!! I get money just for being manny!! :) lol in all reality I've been broke like 10000 coins in bag broke. But I have luck with somehow making mulla man I do some of everything well apoth sell armor sets sell FC and now I have a partner and we are starting to do TM 69 runs for 500 k per run its different you gotta find a way to make money see what sells the best in your server!!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2013

All those white gears you can get range from 8-15k give or take, get 10 you got 100k aready. The rings can get really good stats you can sell in ah for 100k and up. Get a good mold or book, those can go for 1m+.

b:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, never scoff at the white gear! I sell all the ones I get.
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ummm i wonder what u guys would advice a +12 r9rr sin 2 farm :P ik ppl would say TT3-3 but it's boring
    also this lunar solo run someone talked about (12.5m a run) is interesting anyone knows anything about it?
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    full R9+12s who dont know yet probably just keep CSing b:chuckle
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    full R9+12s who dont know yet probably just keep CSing b:chuckle

b:chuckle
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    yh probably :P
    well there were a time when i used to make billions out of trading stuff but investments take long.
    example i bought 35 plat charms for 5m each waiting for them to become 8m that's a few mils in profits ;)
    i think TT suck i sadly do not have 24 hrz a day to play like other nerds so was wondering if someone had a good idea of a cave where someone with OP damage can make a lot of money from other than the "famous TT3-3" guess u guys did not really get what i said, can't blame you not everyone has a decent IQ
  • _hottaco_ - Dreamweaver
    _hottaco_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yh probably :P
    well there were a time when i used to make billions out of trading stuff but investments take long.
    example i bought 35 plat charms for 5m each waiting for them to become 8m that's a few mils in profits ;)
    i think TT suck i sadly do not have 24 hrz a day to play like other nerds so was wondering if someone had a good idea of a cave where someone with OP damage can make a lot of money from other than the "famous TT3-3" guess u guys did not really get what i said, can't blame you not everyone has a decent IQ

I play maybe three hours a day but leave a few cat shops almost 24/7 on a ****ty laptop. So you don't really need to play 24/7. That three hours in 3-3 nets me a few mil for little work. I can tell you just cash shop because you obviously have either ADD or are just insanely impatient so it may be tough to grasp why people think tt is a good farm.

But people like you keep the servers going so in a way, I'd rather you not farm. b:thanksb:chuckleb:cute
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    I play maybe three hours a day but leave a few cat shops almost 24/7 on a ****ty laptop. So you don't really need to play 24/7. That three hours in 3-3 nets me a few mil for little work. I can tell you just cash shop because you obviously have either ADD or are just insanely impatient so it may be tough to grasp why people think tt is a good farm.

But people like you keep the servers going so in a way, I'd rather you not farm. b:thanksb:chuckleb:cute
    u gotta love people's logic:
    in order to gain money in game they keep their laptop open 24/7 killing it 4-5 times faster u know in order to "earn" their money without considering that this laptop coasts ~1k ? lol yh more ppl with low IQs...
    also this does not answer my question at all although i clarified it . u must be in the very low IQ category i guess :)
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    u gotta love people's logic:
    in order to gain money in game they keep their laptop open 24/7 killing it 4-5 times faster u know in order to "earn" their money without considering that this laptop coasts ~1k ? lol yh more ppl with low IQs...
    also this does not answer my question at all although i clarified it . u must be in the very low IQ category i guess :)

Oh now we get to the attempted rationalisation of CSing b:laugh

How often have you "killed" a PC before it was economically outdated anyway ? Many, many, very many PCs are running 24/7 for their 3-4 years of lifetime. Thats what they are made to do and thats what they do without problem.

The electricity bill is more of a valid argument really. But i prefer to pay for my electricity bill than for ingame items because paying for ingame items is against my principals.

You dont need to start shouting about peoples IQ. I didnt say anything bad about your CSing really. I just noted it and indeed i too prefer you not to go farming and keep the servers running b:thanks
  • _PuRe__EviL_ - Archosaur
    _PuRe__EviL_ - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I somehow tend to come across coins, like seriously, I just come across coins, I'm full G16 (Nirvana stage 3) and I didn't cs one cent of it, just everytime I seemed to come across money.

Lucky Tide-kun >.> , me i'm still farming G15 so i can finnaly make my G16 stuff, i got all the molds now b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Oh now we get to the attempted rationalisation of CSing b:laugh

How often have you "killed" a PC before it was economically outdated anyway ? Many, many, very many PCs are running 24/7 for their 3-4 years of lifetime. Thats what they are made to do and thats what they do without problem.

The electricity bill is more of a valid argument really. But i prefer to pay for my electricity bill than for ingame items because paying for ingame items is against my principals.

You dont need to start shouting about peoples IQ. I didnt say anything bad about your CSing really. I just noted it and indeed i too prefer you not to go farming and keep the servers running b:thanks

oh well if u read the thread's title you wouldn't be here to answer like this. If u r ignorant about the subject or don't have an answer to my question maybe u should shut up? thx!
    many many many windows PCs run a game for 3-4 y lifetime 24/7? where do you get ur information from lol
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Ok, ill be a bit more clear about all this. I always hate to explain the obvious, but when people insist on ignoring it, i guess i have to.

1) your question states that you have high end equipment. If you get to that point in the game, without knowing how to farm, then obviously you are a heavy CSer. As said, i prefer you to stay like that.

2) This tread is now going on for quite a while and many people showed told their methods of farming. All the best things are posted now. Besides the fact that you are end game equiped and thus i assume you know the game a bit, the simple logic of a 5 page tread where many options to make money are already repeated tells you that it is extremely unlikely that there actually is a more lucrative way of farming.

3) This brings us to the real reason you posted. It may be subconcious, so look into your emotional self for a while before disregarding this option. You dont post because you want your question answered, you post because you want to show of about your R9rr +12.

As you may have been told, communication is only partly about the literal meaning of your words. What i just explained above is part of this. When we reply to a post, we do not only reply to the literal question, we reply to the real meaning behind the post as well. Now you try to go hiding behind the literal question and try to use that to shield yourself in a discussion and protect yourself from being confronted with the real communication that is behind your words.. In my opinion, this behaviour only fits children and politicians.
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Ok, ill be a bit more clear about all this. I always hate to explain the obvious, but when people insist on ignoring it, i guess i have to.

1) your question states that you have high end equipment. If you get to that point in the game, without knowing how to farm, then obviously you are a heavy CSer. As said, i prefer you to stay like that.

2) This tread is now going on for quite a while and many people showed told their methods of farming. All the best things are posted now. Besides the fact that you are end game equiped and thus i assume you know the game a bit, the simple logic of a 3 page tread where many options to make money are already repeated tells you that it is extremely unlikely that there actually is a more lucrative way of farming.

3) This brings us to the real reason you posted. It may be subconcious, so look into your emotional self for a while before disregarding this option. You dont post because you want your question answered, you post because you want to show of about your R9rr +12.

As you may have been told, communication is only partly about the literal meaning of your words. What i just explained above is part of this. When we reply to a post, we do not only reply to the literal question, we reply to the real meaning behind the post as well. Now you try to go hiding behind the literal question and try to use that to shield yourself in a discussion and protect yourself from being confronted with the real communication that is behind your words.. In my opinion, this behaviour only fits children and politicians.

ok that's more of a logical answer and that's what I like to hear shows u r not that dumb after all
    anyways my question was : i have high refined daggers yes i can solo TT3-3 yes i can sell pstones and no i am not gonna farm herbs BUT what would be the most efficient way for someone with high damage to farm that was the question
    i can't believe u translated it as : how do we farm? NO that's not it i been here since ppl used to farm mats at lvl 60 in order to get my 79 skills so i'm as old or even older than u and when ppl like u answer in a silly way like "cs more" i feel it is necessary to troll u cuz that type of answers can only come out of ignorant ppl who do not have an answer
    although i clarified my question u did not understand it which is sad and u still translate it or "would like to believe it is" : how do we farm
    NO it is not the question and i do know cube exists and fc exists but with my gear i'd like to farm something better
    as someone spoke about soloing lunar squad mode i wanted further explanations but instead i get someone who has to give me a silly answer like yours thx man but i'd like someone with a bit more knowledge about the subject to give me a logical answer to my question if u do not know then try to shut up instead of answering ur conclusions suck and ur logical analysis shows that u r the child getting pissed when someone states "i have +12 daggers" instead of understanding the real question
    u must be like :"waw +12 dagga something i will never have must be a Cser lemme troll him cuz i'm so jelly
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Your most efficient coin would be 3-3. With Nirvana dead, there is no other option.

Now stop being lazy and go solo it. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Your most efficient coin would be 3-3. With Nirvana dead, there is no other option.

Now stop being lazy and go solo it. b:bye

Eoria r u sure... last 2x did 4 runs got only 1 gold... drop rates been really low lately... i even wonder if running lunar with a team wouldn;t be more efficient :P no other ideas ?
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Eoria r u sure... last 2x did 4 runs got only 1 gold... drop rates been really low lately... i even wonder if running lunar with a team wouldn;t be more efficient :P no other ideas ?

f:gross

Yes.

Read this.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You have a r9rr sin. You should be able to clear 3-3 in no time flat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute