Card bosses

Options
HrunsPanda - Archosaur
HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
I see people post about this as a source of income, have some questions.

You need 16 mystical tome frags to cast it, so that would cost about 1.6m.

i see the chance they drop chrono pages to be rather small is this 2.6% number correct ?

So that leaves you with a dozen or maybe 2 power/spirit/etc materials.

Usually 3 of those are needed to create an OHT item. So you have these mats to create on average say 5 OHT items. These produce 175 pstones each, so thats a total of 875 pstones. Is woth about 1m.

It seems to me that we actually lose money here. Where am i going wrong ?
Post edited by HrunsPanda - Archosaur on

Comments

• Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    If you farm the cards you need from mobs inside the various OHT maps, you won't need to spend tome frags to get them. The card boss I do most frequently is Bewitched Doll in TT 3-3; the NPC to summon it appears in the room directly before Colluseast. You can farm the Avalanche Crushers right next to the entrance to Valley of the Scarred for cards 1-4 and the Icewind Scouts on one of the cliffs in the Valley of the Scarred for cards 5-8.

Bewitched Doll usually drops around 25 Stamina Material (so 50 during 2x). Each one can be used to make a necklace from the forge in OHT (usually the Silver Chained Star for the chance at -chan). Each neck can be decomposed to 83 pstones, so you'll end up getting somewhere around 4000 pstones, depending on how many Stamina Material actually drop and how many of those necklaces turn out with 3 stars.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ah, how long does it take you to farm those cards generally ?

Edit i see, 0.4% chance to drop each cards. 250 should provide on average 1 of each cards. Agro time 40 seconds should make them good to AOE. :) Half an hour each of these 2 mobs id guess. With lots of variance so only usefull if you do a ****load of them and then probably fill in some gaps by buying a few cards.

You can also make http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20338 without doing any cardbosses, but i guess you quickly run out of tears of heaven. With your recipe youll run out of stone of charred ? So i guess its all about finding a combination of recipes that alows you to use all your mats without running out of one of them....
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    OHT mats drop in 3-series and Delta. Tears drop there and are part of an OHT daily quest. b:surrender

It's all about working in several fields at once, I think.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    OHT mats drop in 3-series and Delta. Tears drop there and are part of an OHT daily quest. b:surrender

It's all about working in several fields at once, I think.

Pretty much this. I save up OHT mats from TT 3-x and Delta runs in an alt's bank and I haven't had to worry about them when I run card bosses. The daily quest that gives 4 Tears of Heaven in OHT 1 is called Monster of Xenoworld, from the Sage of Prophecy. You can get a few pstones every day that way.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Each map has a daily that provides one of the mats (4 Tears of Heaven from Xenomonster Hunt in map 1, 12 Leaves of Unicorn Forest from Unicorn Jobs in map 2, 10 Stones of the Scarred from Scarred Story in map 3, and 4 Desert Tower Miniatures from Eliminate the Nimbustians in map 4.) I find Scarred Story the most challenging, as one of the two possible bosses for the daily I can't yet solo (need to get herc buffs on my nix to solo Xenospace Drake, and only have access to pet protection scroll from our base so far... Strong's the buff I need.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Thanx for all the info. Point what i meant is, the golden sculptures and luminostones seem to be overly plentifull. I have loads of them from TT runs. The tears of heaven however are not so plentifull. Neither are the charred thingies. So to make use of those sculps and lumistones, i need either:

tears
    charred
    card boss mats (power spirit etc)
    more from other recipes yet to investigate.

So just should try to find the best combis i guess. And large quantities, 4 tears of heaven isnt going to do much good really :D
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You need either tears, or card boss mats plus map 2, 3 or 4 daily mats. All pieces need various amounts of luminostones and sculptures, arms and legs need only tears in addition to those, the other armor pieces and the ornaments take either leaves or stones plus the corresponding card boss mat, the weapons take miniatures plus both of the (very low drop rate) mats from the map 4 card bosses. (Strangely, though pwdatabase says there's the standard split between 2*, 3* and gold for the weapons, all I and a faction mate have made have been 3*.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ill never run out of tears I make over 200 tears in a week just from oht dailies,now only if I actually did them most of the time......
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You need either tears, or card boss mats plus map 2, 3 or 4 daily mats. All pieces need various amounts of luminostones and sculptures, arms and legs need only tears in addition to those, the other armor pieces and the ornaments take either leaves or stones plus the corresponding card boss mat, the weapons take miniatures plus both of the (very low drop rate) mats from the map 4 card bosses. (Strangely, though pwdatabase says there's the standard split between 2*, 3* and gold for the weapons, all I and a faction mate have made have been 3*.)

Ye i have just made an excel containing the interesting recipes.

Came to the conclusion that the drop rates cause the stones and sculptures to be most plentifull and thus a non factor.
    The tears are easiest to go with those and thus have an effective value of about 25k each.
    The desert miniatures with double card boss **** are a no go.
    To make use of the leaves and stones i get from TT and delta i will probably choose 2 corresponding card bosses to farm a bit. This pretty much sets the value of stones and leaves to very low and id estimate my time farming card bosses all included at about 1 - 1,5m per hour :)

tears is what its all about though :)
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Best to buy tome frags, buy oht mats in shop,and do a easy instance like fb79,or brim for best results.dont be a fool and sell your frags for 80k or less.Alot of people try to sucker people on lost city server buying frags for 50k ea lol.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I have a question about the bewitched doll cards from avalanche crushers in OHT 3, its insanely easy to get these while aoe grinding them but PWIdatabase.com says they only drop the first 4 cards. So you have to get the other 4 from some other mob?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]