Warsoul weapons...

AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
So yesterday I was running through PWI bored on my sin and saw this seeker with a wep I had never seen before.

Gear checked him, and it turned out to be cost of glory.

Now this seeker had R93 armor so he could have gotten R93 weapon.

Why would he go for this weapon? Are warsoul weapons a hell of a lot cheaper then R93 weapons(including R91, R92, R93?)

I know roughly what the cost of a R93 weapon is including the previous ones, but warsoul?

Basically;

What's the cost...

Why would he get this instead of R93 when he already had R93 armor...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Surreal_
Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
Post edited by AshenSkies - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Arwia - Momaganon
    Arwia - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First thing that comes to mind is that he may have had that sword before R9.3 came out, possibly having full vana/g16 armor, and he just hasn't got around to making R9.3 weapon yet.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty sure they just wanted to be unique. Plus, a warsoul weapon can be traded between multiple characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cyrusdesu - Sanctuary
    Cyrusdesu - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only real reason why anyone would get a warsoul weapon is for novelty value and also that thought of standing next those who have R93 weapons primly archer, seekers, barbarians.
    (seeing how their weapon model terrible.)

As for the seeker... he/she likely already have R93 weapon seeming that they would of got the warsoul weapon from Nation War tokens roughly drumming up around 3900 tokens and around 400m coins, knowing how NW is like seems that is the case.
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So yesterday I was running through PWI bored on my sin and saw this seeker with a wep I had never seen before.

Why would he go for this weapon? Are warsoul weapons a hell of a lot cheaper then R93 weapons(including R91, R92, R93?)

I know roughly what the cost of a R93 weapon is including the previous ones, but warsoul?

Basically;

What's the cost...

u can combo with the WS weapon, it amps phys damage. so you can start an aoe skill like vortex or any others and swap to r9 to deal more damage.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013

u can combo with the WS weapon, it amps phys damage. so you can start an aoe skill like vortex or any others and swap to r9 to deal more damage.

That depends on which one they got, if they got the Blade then yes it would but it only has a chance and that's a very small proc rate of decreasing the opponents physical defence. If they chose the sword, however, that only decreases the opponents physical attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That depends on which one they got, if they got the Blade then yes it would but it only has a chance and that's a very small proc rate of decreasing the opponents physical defence. If they chose the sword, however, that only decreases the opponents physical attack.

very true ^^ but both have there uses. cost of glory is common among seekers for its ability to decrease phys def. up to personal preference i guess.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Because he's **** and this is PWI's way of providing natural selection: warsoul weapons are there to weed out the idiots by luring them into getting a crappier weapon simply based on the belief that more expensive must = better.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Because he's **** and this is PWI's way of providing natural selection: warsoul weapons are there to weed out the idiots by luring them into getting a crappier weapon simply based on the belief that more expensive must = better.

Not at all... some people know how to play their class = dont need the best (but b:quiet thats a secret)... AND... the game (especially PvP) is more fun by having such "a step down" gear... and that is all Warsoul is, only a step down from R9.3/R9rr... There is nothing better than the Warsoul Recast than the R9.3/R9rr... and the Initial Cast Warsoul is still number 3 on the list compared to those 2 weapons... But hey, some people just die too much and dont really know wtf they are doing, so they actually do NEED the R9.3/R9rr gear... b:bye b:kiss b:kiss and it is a good thing they have that r9.3 gear... cause im gonna eat them and reckon im gonna enjoy doing so b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not at all... some people know how to play their class = dont need the best (but b:quiet thats a secret)... AND... the game (especially PvP) is more fun by having such "a step down" gear... and that is all Warsoul is, only a step down from R9.3/R9rr... There is nothing better than the Warsoul Recast than the R9.3/R9rr... and the Initial Cast Warsoul is still number 3 on the list compared to those 2 weapons... But hey, some people just die too much and dont really know wtf they are doing, so they actually do NEED the R9.3/R9rr gear... b:bye b:kiss b:kiss and it is a good thing they have that r9.3 gear... cause im gonna eat them and reckon im gonna enjoy doing so b:sin

Still doesnt make sense paying more for something that is worse. that is just stupid.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's pretty I like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unless someone got it with hopes of being a top contender in PVP, I see nothing wrong with acquiring one. Some players just like having pretty, uncommon things...even if its not the absolute best thing available~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Bigswimmert - Sanctuary
    Bigswimmert - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's always been a dream of mine to get a warsoul weapon... That's the sole reason I plan to get it, seeing as it was next to impossible before NW and was a lofty goal for many who have played PWI since the begining.
  • pallmals
    pallmals Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i wish a warsoul weapon for my barb b/c its a very good weapon and it leads me to save many stat pts.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    The following are PWcalc.coms for Psy Soulspheres at Max Stats :

Warsoul Recast

Apotheosis (R9.3/R9rr)

Some of us do not need Purify b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The following are PWcalc.coms for Psy Soulspheres at Max Stats :

Warsoul Recast

Apotheosis (R9.3/R9rr)

Some of us do not need Purify b:sin

3k matk and purify proc is a big difference, you moron. f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Basically;

What's the cost...

Was it the 1st cast weap or the recast version? And can you post a screeen shot? The only screen shot I've ever seen is on the ecatomb site. The 1st cast is about 600 mil, the recast is about 370 mil. But there is a way to minimize the cost of the 1st stage weapon to only about 400 mil. The recast warsoul duel swords have a slightly higher weapon attack than r9r2. In addition, it can be resold and equipped to a level 80 char to use in the tournaments. Not a bad choice of a weapon in my opinion if you can get the 1st cast for 400 mil, and can make money off from it.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Was it the 1st cast weap or the recast version? And can you post a screeen shot? The only screen shot I've ever seen is on the ecatomb site. The 1st cast is about 600 mil, the recast is about 370 mil. But there is a way to minimize the cost of the 1st stage weapon to only about 400 mil. The recast warsoul duel swords have a slightly higher weapon attack than r9r2. In addition, it can be resold and equipped to a level 80 char to use in the tournaments. Not a bad choice of a weapon in my opinion if you can get the 1st cast for 400 mil, and can make money off from it.

You'd have to find an idiot to buy it first though. Or farm like 728 pages from 8x tourney to make back what you paid for it assuming you paid 400m (to put this into perspective, you get like 14 pages assuming you get gold every week; that's exactly one year of 8x tourney to make back all that money).

I can think of many better uses for 400m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You'd have to find an idiot to buy it first though. Or farm like 728 pages from 8x tourney to make back what you paid for it assuming you paid 400m (to put this into perspective, you get like 14 pages assuming you get gold every week; that's exactly one year of 8x tourney to make back all that money).

I can think of many better uses for 400m.

Personally, if I were to make a warsoul weapon it would be the claws. Those claws would make you the strongest 5 aps you can get.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    3k matk and purify proc is a big difference, you moron. f:meh

Actually, its only a difference of 936-2378 mgc atk...

1660 Difference in their averages

18241 on average for R9.3

16581 on average for Warsoul Recast

and purify proc is not available for every class, so im quite certain there are people that can do just fine without purify... maybe not youuuuu b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A friend of mine got his warsoul sphere a while ago after having already been farming it for a couple years. I don't remember how much he said it cost, but it was definitely a huge price. Probably was around 400mill if not more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Actually, its only a difference of 936-2378 mgc atk...

1660 Difference in their averages

18241 on average for R9.3

16581 on average for Warsoul Recast

and purify proc is not available for every class, so im quite certain there are people that can do just fine without purify... maybe not youuuuu b:chuckle

That's still quite a big difference and if you're a magic class that's intentionally gimping yourself by not shooting for puri proc if you have the means to get it (if you're getting a recasted +12 Warsoul wep, you're entirely capable of getting r9 ring and r9rr wep +10 which will give you a hell of a lot more survivability and thus allow you to kill a lot more people than you would with just a Warsoul wep), then you're just an idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• FlyingStab - Archosaur
    FlyingStab - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its funny how people get so surprized when someone make a warsoul weapon but nobody get surprized if someoen spend much more money in fashion. This game has lot of things to spend money just trying to be unique, so why people still surprize when someone (who evidently has the money being full r9 3rd cast) get a weapon that is awsome even when isnt as good as the r9 3rd cast version? Im not even r9 and i would love and im planning too to make a warsoul weapon just because ive always wanted one, becuase i can use it on any other lvl80+ char and becuase i dont want to have the same weapon everyone have (if u dont have r9 at least u can go morai and get one that looks the same :P) and still being competitive. People should stop watching what other people do and hate for that and just have fun. Its a game u know? the idea is everyone that play it have fun, if u dont have fun with a warsoul weapon look what u wanna do urself instead of looking someone else does ^^.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its funny how people get so surprized when someone make a warsoul weapon but nobody get surprized if someoen spend much more money in fashion. This game has lot of things to spend money just trying to be unique, so why people still surprize when someone (who evidently has the money being full r9 3rd cast) get a weapon that is awsome even when isnt as good as the r9 3rd cast version? Im not even r9 and i would love and im planning too to make a warsoul weapon just because ive always wanted one, becuase i can use it on any other lvl80+ char and becuase i dont want to have the same weapon everyone have (if u dont have r9 at least u can go morai and get one that looks the same :P) and still being competitive. People should stop watching what other people do and hate for that and just have fun. Its a game u know? the idea is everyone that play it have fun, if u dont have fun with a warsoul weapon look what u wanna do urself instead of looking someone else does ^^.

So this ^^

Many posts in this thread show exactly what I meant in a post I made in
    another thread--players in the game nowadays are way too SERIOUS.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    ponyduck wrote: »
    So this ^^

Many posts in this thread show exactly what I meant in a post I made in
    another thread--players in the game nowadays are way too SERIOUS.

That applies more so to all the "if you go warsoul vs going r9.3, you're an idiot" people... making you nothing but a troll on those people's behalf...

Unfortunately, they are the same type of people in real life that think (nay, "thinking" requires actual "thought"), that believe that their perception of what is right for them is right for everyone... they can SERIOUSLY GTFO... b:bye

Not the case? Who do I seriously speak with on the topic of having resolved Quantum Gravity? EXACTLY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    That's still quite a big difference and if you're a magic class that's intentionally gimping yourself by not shooting for puri proc if you have the means to get it (if you're getting a recasted +12 Warsoul wep, you're entirely capable of getting r9 ring and r9rr wep +10 which will give you a hell of a lot more survivability and thus allow you to kill a lot more people than you would with just a Warsoul wep), then you're just an idiot.
    You're talking about HIM no need to say "then", he already is. f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    You're talking about HIM no need to say "then", he already is. f:laugh

And then you try to play off in another thread like this sort of thing is not necessary... and you wonder where i get so agitated from? I wish i could jump servers for a price at any time... I'd already own your hind pixels whelp... b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    And then you try to play off in another thread like this sort of thing is not necessary... and you wonder where i get so agitated from? I wish i could jump servers for a price at any time... I'd already own your hind pixels whelp... b:angry

Well yeah, a +12 R7 weapon would do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That applies more so to all the "if you go warsoul vs going r9.3, you're an idiot" people... making you nothing but a troll on those people's behalf...

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but those "if you go warsoul vs r9.3, you're
    an idiot" type posts are the very ones I meant when I said ppl take this game too seriously.
    Don't know how that makes me a troll on their behalf.

But to see ppl get so seriously bent out of shape because another player doesn't do
    what he himself would do is mystifying to me. But I see this attitude all the time,
    both in game and here in the forum. I mean they get seriously angry & abusive if
    someone decides to go a different route than what is considered "the norm."
    Like I said, way too serious.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    ponyduck wrote: »
    Maybe I'm not understanding you, but those "if you go warsoul vs r9.3, you're
    an idiot" type posts are the very ones I meant when I said ppl take this game too seriously.
    Don't know how that makes me a troll on their behalf.

But to see ppl get so seriously bent out of shape because another player doesn't do
    what he himself would do is mystifying to me. But I see this attitude all the time,
    both in game and here in the forum. I mean they get seriously angry & abusive if
    someone decides to go a different route than what is considered "the norm."
    Like I said, way too serious.

Then yes, I misunderstood which side you were posting on... my apologies b:surrender

The problem is very simply that there are a majority of people in real life, and thus in every game of this type, which only know one way of doing anything. Anything outside of that box, to them, is wrong and to be outcast. I should know, I've always been outside of those boxes... and not to "just be outside of those boxes", but because I actually think about what it is I am doing and what the options are. It's a true miracle this world has come as far as it has with the majority the way they are. The only reason that could be is due to the minority which are "always wrong" according to that majority... WE ARE ADVANCEMENT... or we'd still be living in caves adorn in leaves...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Momaganon
    Joe - Momaganon Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is more expensive compared to the r9.3 Weapon and ofc it's stupid...unless the seeker is an alt and he wanted to have great weapon alrdy at level 80 or just for looks.

I got some seekers on my server that got that very same weapon and I just laugh at them anytime I see them...no offence but...if you really chose the 1-handed version of the weapon over the (much stronger) 2-handed Version of this weapon...then you gotta be either **** or plain stupid unless you're an aps-seeker.... Tho the weapon naming is confusing even in pwdb...

That would be the only viable choice to go: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/36771
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Got at least one alt of any class above level 100.
    All decently geared and skilled (: .
    And the most important thing is: They are all fun to play ^.^ .
    b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.