most important skill

Options
yongerts
yongerts Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Blademaster
i know all skills can be maxed out, but i just want to know what are the most important skills bm should get. axe/fist/polearm type ( a bit). i want to know what skill should i prioritize, and which skills are really important in TW? we have TW tomorrow and i just want to know what i should actually do as bm.
Post edited by yongerts on

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    yongerts wrote: »
    i know all skills can be maxed out, but i just want to know what are the most important skills bm should get. axe/fist/polearm type ( a bit). i want to know what skill should i prioritize, and which skills are really important in TW? we have TW tomorrow and i just want to know what i should actually do as bm.

I'm assuming you are inexperienced in TW (as bidding is tomorrow, not the actual TW - however if you're posting about some Private Server, please go away and post on their forums, as your skills could just erupt in you developing clownshoes). In TW - if you're undergeared you're mostly going to be antistunning, IGing, running in, stunning, and HFing - and then getting the hell out so others can kill them.

Get maxed in this order:
    Bell
    Leaps
    Roar
    HF
    Axe Mastery
    Mag Marrow

(If you don't have will of the bod, get it now)

Now, if you meant to say NW, then we'd have to see what gear setup you have. In general:
    Bell
    Leaps
    Roar
    Smack
    Drake Ray
    Mag Marrow
    (Depending on your setup the rest will change)

Your genie is very important for both however - see Dan's post on genies in the stickies.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Don't forget Oceans for NW, nice slowdown skill until the clerics and other classes over-write spam it with their own. Nice for when they break stuns and you have nothing else to stop em with.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Don't forget Oceans for NW, nice slowdown skill until the clerics and other classes over-write spam it with their own. Nice for when they break stuns and you have nothing else to stop em with.

Kinda dependent if his axes are useable. Unfortunately with the reach of fists it doesn't do a hell of a lot (better for weapons with longer reach).

Old school did really well without it, comboing other ways to stun lock and he'd be better off devoting the coin and SP elsewhere.
  • yongerts
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm assuming you are inexperienced in TW (as bidding is tomorrow, not the actual TW - however if you're posting about some Private Server, please go away and post on their forums, as your skills could just erupt in you developing clownshoes). In TW - if you're undergeared you're mostly going to be antistunning, IGing, running in, stunning, and HFing - and then getting the hell out so others can kill them.

Get maxed in this order:
    Bell
    Leaps
    Roar
    HF
    Axe Mastery
    Mag Marrow

(If you don't have will of the bod, get it now)

Now, if you meant to say NW, then we'd have to see what gear setup you have. In general:
    Bell
    Leaps
    Roar
    Smack
    Drake Ray
    Mag Marrow
    (Depending on your setup the rest will change)

Your genie is very important for both however - see Dan's post on genies in the stickies.

im not from any private server, that i can assure you. rather, im from another country, i tried to post something in our forum, but no one is as active as the people in this forum. So i thought, i might get something really valuable from here, when i post a thread and i did. sorry for the intrusion, if you would look at it that way, but to clear anything up, im not from any private server. just needed some help. i understand most of the stuffs here have different name from the PW in my country but i have manage to research on things and pull things together.

BloodMoon
    Tiger Server

bell- 10
    leaps- 0 (i never thought it would be that important so i didnt level it up)
    roar- 8
    HF- 2 (it burns a lot of souls and in game money)
    AM- 9
    MM- 5

got level 70 green colored spear, level 70 yellow colored double axe and level 60 fist
  • Onatop - Lost City
    Onatop - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oh u're low level. In that case:

Level to max

Aura of the golden bell - bm buff
    Heaven's flame

That's it. I mean if u got money feel free to level drake bash, smack, roar of pride, and all other all weap skills and axe skills, but really at low levels you don't really need any skills. APS ftw.
    Find the solution to Laplace's equation at X=2, Y =3, OR bend over b:cry
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    im not from any private server, that i can assure you. rather, im from another country, i tried to post something in our forum, but no one is as active as the people in this forum. So i thought, i might get something really valuable from here, when i post a thread and i did. sorry for the intrusion, if you would look at it that way, but to clear anything up, im not from any private server. just needed some help. i understand most of the stuffs here have different name from the PW in my country but i have manage to research on things and pull things together.

BloodMoon
    Tiger Server

bell- 10
    leaps- 0 (i never thought it would be that important so i didnt level it up)
    roar- 8
    HF- 2 (it burns a lot of souls and in game money)
    AM- 9
    MM- 5

got level 70 green colored spear, level 70 yellow colored double axe and level 60 fist

Got it! Kewl. Sorry every time I see a weird time issue or something else that comes across funky I now post the "If youre from a pserver, go away". If you're just on a foreign server its the same stuff so we can talk all day and be speaking about the same things.

EEEP you're level 70. Well, depending on how powerful your opponents are (or lack of power), you may be in for a constant death fest.

Okay looking at what you have:

Max out Roar.
    If you do not have Will of the Bodhisattva, get it.
    Max out your leaps.
    Get HF up to level 4 (5 if you can hit 71 by TW)
    Magic marrow is very optional as it may not amount to much unless you are only facing level 70ish opponents.

Next, we need to find you some immunity pots. Unfortunately, Ironguard Pots require level 90. However...I'm not sure on Pan Gu Essence from the Faction Base (or if you have a high enough faction base), but I know Sutra Power Orbs are level 90 as well (So Im assuming Pan Gus are 90 too, but if you can use them, use those)

I believe you can use Dew of Star Protection and Stone Turtle Orbs - Gonna have to be good enough.

Now the good news is, you can definitely get Cloud Eruption level 1 on a genie (you will NEED this to build chi), and either holy path -or- AD (lv 4, 3.8 seconds of immune).

Really I'd prolly forgo AD and just get Cloud Eruption (lv 1), Holy Path (lv 10), and Whirlwind (lv 1), dump all my points into enough stamina (30) and the rest into mag.

You will be doing hit and run tactics coordinated with the DDs in your squad. Your job will be to build 2.99 sparks, Will of the Bodhisattva, start running at a group of enemies (and hit Cloud Eruption along the way), hit a dew of star protection or turtle orb as you close in (or they notice you), Roar Stun, HF, and then leap back, turn, leap forward, and run for your life with holy path further (When the energy comes back). At that point the DDs should have followed you in and be commited to blowing away all the people you just stunned and setup to receive 70% more damage.

We call this "running a bomb".

If you are not in the ideal bomb situation, utilize what you have for crowd control the best you can: Roar Stun, Drake Bash (level 1 is fine), a lucky Aeolian strike, Whirlwind (it actually immobilizes them for 1-2 seconds as well, which is what you want). HF will make people run, they probably wont realize it isn't maxed. Always keep your leaps in mind - it's okay if they waste a ton of time chasing you, thats keeping the enemy busy. Will of the Bodhisattva is also a lifesaver, your ability to move (be it getting away or chasing someone) is very important.

Save your pots for damage reduction and your genie for chi mostly. If the new patch did NOT **** things up in TW, the enemy's bind post will be immune to damage, and you can punch it for chi instead of using bell and alternating marrows to gain chi.

Finally, have fun. It's okay if you're outclassed - you will improve and level over time. If you can get in, and even JUST deliver a roar stun, you're helping out pretty damn well. Keep your party belled, it is a big deal.
  • yongerts
    edited March 2013
    Options
    thats really insightful, a lot to take in, but im giving it a time. patching things up with different names is a bit of a work but i'll get by, and i have all of you guys to thank for, by the way, if im from another country, can i still link my profile like you do in another threads? i want to show you the set that i have. still weak but i would love to know what you have to say. b:pleased
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Options
    thats really insightful, a lot to take in, but im giving it a time. patching things up with different names is a bit of a work but i'll get by, and i have all of you guys to thank for, by the way, if im from another country, can i still link my profile like you do in another threads? i want to show you the set that i have. still weak but i would love to know what you have to say. b:pleased

Just keep leveling to 80/85. The gear prior to 80 you can honestly get away with just wearing NPC gear, it doesn't truly matter. The mobs and quests at that time just aren't hard enough to warrant getting really good gear. Pretty much fists/claws + BloodPaint will carry you through every exp/quest needing thing in the game till 80 easily.

Wear mag ornaments. Get Misty Forest Rings (Attendance ring works for PvE though). Get whatever tome you can afford. Refine the hell out of your gear (+3 to +5 works, +5 on TT90 is very good). Use +hp shards in your armor. Use whatever the best helm you can find is. Always have at least a +5 Fist and Axe. Use an attack blessing at all times.

80+: TT80 gear (Gold or Green, doesnt matter)
    85: Get Gorenox Vanities
    90+: Get TT90 Gold bracer, TT90 Green armor and axes otherwise.
    95: Get Deicides
    100+: The game changes. Come back when you hit 100 :)

70-80 leveling is kind of a pain, just keep up on BH, CS, and whatever quests you can find. Should go by in a decent amount of time. 80+ you should be in FF leveling, and theres a ton of posts on how to pull or DD there if you search the BM forums.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    maelael you're making me go crazy on my guide. i been too lazy to update more of it lolb:shocked
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    By far the most important skill is Demon HF.

It seems to be the only thing needed to get squad invites :)
  • yongerts
    edited March 2013
    Options
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I know FCCing doesn't automatically make a bad player. Some of the worst players I've seen have done nothing but solo grind for the past 4 years and occasionally burden squads inside a BH. Then there are players like me who have studied every class and know every classes skills and how they work in a squad, and can learn a class decently well in a week, so FCCing isn't too bad. Especially if you are open to advice and learn from mistakes and correct yourself quickly.

But what FCC absolutely does is produces high level players with no spirit and under leveled skills because the hypers didn't multiply their spirit, just their xp. So they end up level 70+ with level 50 gear and want to know what skills they should level with the very meager amount of spirit they've accumulated.

Take a week, do some BHs, do some quests, get your culti up because it awards alot of spirit. Level by Nixes since I think hypers award equivalent exp-spirit. Then try everything and level everything.

Just a rant. Sorry. Only thing I don't quite agree with here is leave magic marrow and physical marrow around 5 or 6 to experiment with using them. Once you know how to use them and are thinking "I wish this was a little stronger" then level it up. When you first start using magic marrow you'll constantly get screwed by physical attacks, and its even worse when its all the way leveled up. That's why level it to 5 or 6 to get a feel, first.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • yongerts
    edited March 2013
    Options
    uh? pardon? FCC, what does that mean? im sorry, im not really good with your acros. and yeah, i do quests; a lot, except quests that involves rats with bow, its just pisses me off, like seriously. Im playing because i want to enjoy, and not to get stressed with killing 70 annoying monsters, so thats pretty much explains why i skip those quests. I do BH when there is someone who want to help out and i always do shouts in the chat box for help. although bh without friends is really pain in the ***, got to involve myself with squads who doesn't know how to communicate and blames you if they die (now it's my turn to rant) and my culti is always updated. my culti is really for 70 up, so i have no issues with that.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    FCC is Frostcovered City. I don't know what it would be called in your version, it's a leveling dungeon right near The City of One Thousand Streams.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • yongerts
    edited March 2013
    Options
    okay, got it! its frost city,that's what it is called in our country.although, im not sure if i can already enter in that dungeon.

anyway, putting that aside, since i am already asking about skills, i would like to get this opportunity to ask about the important skill a genie must have. Now i have a zeal genie, it is my third genie and it will already be hard to make another one, on top of that my genie has already 4 skills; earthflame, tangling mire (lvl3), relentless courage (lvl2) and second wind (lvl4) , would this skills be enough?
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ok by looks you have a str built genie ( my personal preff for BM's ) drop second wind for tree of protection if u can it works betr for high hp toons like HA and as u seem 2b using relentless courage for the aps boost swap for wind shield if u can, there both 8s buffs bt wind shield give a lil more deff and a much shorter CD last get a defensive skill if u have the LP for another on ur genie absolute domain is best but after that balance or True emptiness can help u take a few hits or so more than normal

as far as skills on your BM:

roar of the pride- max
    aura of the golden bell- max
    Heavens Flame- max
    these 3 are your main squad support skills so must be lvl'd asap if you want other players to think ur serious about contributing to the group's efforts

cloud sprint - max
    Will of the Bodhisattva - get asap
    leaps - max (at lvl 10 the buffs rly help)
    weapon mastery - max out for the weapon(s) you use most , this is a no brainier rly but added for compleation
    marrow's - max to the top lvl u can afford with magic marrow priority over phys ( you should have decent pdeff to begun with so work on ur weaker)

as for you other skills lvl when you can prioritising the 1s you're using most often
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    But what FCC absolutely does is produces high level players with no spirit and under leveled skills because the hypers didn't multiply their spirit, just their xp.

Huh? The glitch you are referring to, if I remember right, is that the XP did not properly display when killing the bosses, but the SP was properly shown. So you'd multiply the SP gain by 5 to find out what the actual XP was. Because spirit was multiplied. Even XP scrolls multiply both XP and SP.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Huh? The glitch you are referring to, if I remember right, is that the XP did not properly display when killing the bosses, but the SP was properly shown. So you'd multiply the SP gain by 5 to find out what the actual XP was. Because spirit was multiplied. Even XP scrolls multiply both XP and SP.

There are a few bosses (like Decaying Fragrance) that don't display xp gained correctly, but I thought FCC had an issue where instead of gaining 12x exp and 12x spirit you gained 12x exp and 1x spirit. Maybe its just exp from the big room mobs or heads that do this.

The typical spirit ratio is 1:5. So if you kill a mob you'd get 500 xp and 100 spirit. If you turn in a quest you'd get 5000 xp and 1000 spirit. I thought at least the heads were glitched to give you something like 12000 xp, but only 200 spirit so it creates alot of players that hyper rushed short on spirit. Possibly the rest of the xp mobs, too.

K, buffing your squad is essential. Max bell.
    You're only there for HF. Max.
    A BMs main job is crowd control. Max Roar of the Pride.
    Focus on Axe and Fist masteries. Don't need to explain that more damage is a plus.
    If you use claws, max cyclone heel. Its a decently hard hitting aoe. Also work towards maxing Highland, Fissure, and Drake Sweep aoes in that order so you can zhen and spam aoes.
    Keep Shadowless Kick and Diamond Sutra at level 1. You are using them for the effect and they're cheapest at lvl 1.
    Level marrows to 5 or 6 so you can learn them. Once you're comfortable using them then you can raise them.
    Level Glacial Spike, Drakes Bash, and Fan of Flames. All useful skills at the right times but no real rush on leveling them.
    The rest get level 1, use them, decide if you like them and level at will.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hypers increase spirit also, you'll have tons after doing FCC.
  • yongerts
    edited April 2013
    Options
    hypers? what you mean?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hyper EXP stones

use to multiply EXP received by X amount depending on what you choose (choose 12X; no other hyper matters)

With your build, too much vit, too little dex, you will need TT70 anyways so get it.

Why is there a citrine in your axes?

http://pwcalc.com/60e661739cfa10df I only reset 9 VIT to put into STR and DEX since resets can be expensive and you say you want to TW. Bear in mind, though, that without fists/claw leveling is a much bigger pain in the ***. Archer mobs won't run if you stun them first and then start punching, I found, which is why I love archer mob quests on my BM.

Can you get a warsoul of earth helmet? If you can it will last until level 100 and a bit beyond. Otherwise mold helmets are okay.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive