Assassin Skills

2»

Comments

• Edalus - Momaganon
    Edalus - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stealth to them, spark, and powerdash? Okay.
    DPH sins rely on crits and zerks to kill
    windshield for 20% more damage
    therefore for an infinite time period, or for 20 seconds.

Not much time as of yet but: telling us that a Sin has to be a gambling class whereas other classes have the means to oneshoot a Sin by a simple spark is not any wiser either.
    My Sin is only S2 and I saw the problems on S3 Sins still prevail.

I do not know how you want to reach 30k crit-zerks at S3 classes, all the more if buffed, but my peeps around seem to use their gear when they fight with me.

Windshield has a damage reduction, not a damage amplify -- please redo your post if you are intent on not trolling around and using correct information.

I said nothing about an infinite time, you know? I said something about 5 hits or for 20 sec, if one condition applies the effect of Power Dash would end; maybe you should read a post more carefully before you try to answer as you seem to have read something else or you are unable to understand written words.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Poor, poor assasins. b:cry
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not much time as of yet but: telling us that a Sin has to be a gambling class whereas other classes have the means to oneshoot a Sin by a simple spark is not any wiser either.
    My Sin is only S2 and I saw the problems on S3 Sins still prevail.

I do not know how you want to reach 30k crit-zerks at S3 classes, all the more if buffed, but my peeps around seem to use their gear when they fight with me.

Windshield has a damage reduction, not a damage amplify -- please redo your post if you are intent on not trolling around and using correct information.

Well, that just means you'll have to find a way to deal with it. Sins are outclassed by many at end-game, and it's just up to the player to play strategically to win.

And he meant windshield on APS sins are typically used when sins are 4 base attack rate, and when windshield is used, it increases that to 5 APS, which is a 25% increase in attack rate, which effectively increases damage output.

I find it funny how sins were the easiest class to PvP on back in the day, and now they're the hardest.
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Responses in white.

@Skai: I originally planned to go APS R9 sin in order to have a bigger challenge while fighting full S1, but with the introduction of S3 and skill rebalancing, apparently I'll need to go full S3 myself - without handicapping myself in any way I'm going to have difficulties in PvP! xD

Sins are a tactical gambling class. Most classes are at endgame, where regular damage is pretty much insufficient to kill someone with equal gear.

You suggested powerdash with a 400% or 500% damage increase through a wolf-emblem like effect. It is that I have been criticizing and dealing with. I have not been referring to normal powerdash - the current version is balanced and does not need any work. Please, when on the forums, try not to forget your own earlier arguments. I'd also like to remind you that this is a suggestion thread of sorts; we're dealing in hypotheticals here.

Skai covered this. I kindly ask that you do not inform people of their "troll" status if they have done nothing of the sort. I also recommend that you read through my post - I clearly mentioned APS sins.

I said nothing about an infinite time, you know? I said something about 5 hits or for 20 sec, if one condition applies the effect of Power Dash would end; maybe you should read a post more carefully before you try to answer as you seem to have read something else or you are unable to understand written words.

Telling me that I can not understand words is not the kindest thing to do; my feeling are injured (slightly). Believe me, I think through my responses, lol. You should take your own advice.

Typically, the word "or" is used to join two clauses - in this case, two hypothetical situations.

This is what you posted earlier: "Another option would be to erase the time component of skills like Power Dash and give them a per hit component like "for the next 5 hits, the crit chance gets improved by xx%."

"there could be two conditions: either next 5 hits or at most 20 sec."

Your first version of this includes nothing whatsoever of a double-limit on powerdash.
    Your second version of the post includes an ambiguous case. It could either be interpreted as "the GMs will pick either (5 hits) or (20 secs) to implement into powerdash". It could also be "the GMs will pick (5 hits) and (20 secs), whichever comes first."

I picked the former case because your first post said nothing whatsoever about a time limit.

Either way, 100% crit for 20 seconds is still overpowered. 5 hits of Powerdash is about what we have right now, and 5 hits of Powerdash on APS would basically render it useless for that playstyle.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They should bring back Cancel Casting! Then i can get max crit indefinitely! b:cute
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You may be faceroll at 1v1 and wtf hax at group PvP, but you never fully explained how to CC CT and PD to me, Z. b:sad
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Sword_Tammer - Dreamweaver
    Sword_Tammer - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If ANYONE thinking of making a recast r9 char, lol never make a sin. dont do the same mistake i did. In this game sins are useless now. they are the only class need to keep 2 fail gear sets in their inventory always. u will never be able to kill good HA or LA class char in NW thanks to bramble. if u think to kill HA or LA with full set gl with it(ur 18k p attack with 165 attack lvl will do about 3k zerk crits. so gl with killing 20k+hp guyb:chuckle) . If u try to kill with aps( even u have +12 ornaments) deflect is still high.SO u dead before u kill enemy.so use IG? lol? to kill a 20K+ hp guy withing 12 sec. nice thinking devs. So may be purge with ur bow?lol advance purge bow with full set 0.71 attack rate,will nicely purge jk right? or use tt 99 aps set & bow to purge? ofc u can receive 18k shots from magic classes during that time. so gl with purge withing ig time & Ad time of 15 sec :D

So we need to take about against AA classes? Im don't like to talk about purify spell lol. There is no pk in DW any more so at least remove sshyt bramble form NW. BTW gonna recast my psy soon, just bit busy with rl at these days.b:pleased So we still talk about sin skills? :D
    HMm may be cast a curse on enemy to remove his all positive buffs & disable sell buffing or buff gain abilities for next 2 mins? OOOOo or simply give full interval in 3rd cast to gain 5.0 base aps lol. ik now im gonna receive massive amount of blaming replies
  • Edalus - Momaganon
    Edalus - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Well, that just means you'll have to find a way to deal with it. Sins are outclassed by many at end-game, and it's just up to the player to play strategically to win.

And he meant windshield on APS sins are typically used when sins are 4 base attack rate, and when windshield is used, it increases that to 5 APS, which is a 25% increase in attack rate, which effectively increases damage output.

I find it funny how sins were the easiest class to PvP on back in the day, and now they're the hardest.

I think so too, that was the reason why I thought of something which would give some very potent crits and give the Sin the ability of sure deadly crits for a few seconds. But I do not think that a Sin would be a threat to any strong HA class with such a strong Power Dash, maybe more of a threat to some AA or LA classes.

As for Windshield, on the way to work I thought of that too and thought: Damn! My bad.

Responses in white.

Never a good idea to answer in a hurry. I got reminded of it again.
    I was unclear, I see now, and got you wrong. I have to confess that I am no native english speaker and I do not get every sentence the way I want it and even then it is sometimes so, that I am not aware of all possible interpretations.
    I never intended to make the Sin again overpowered, just to think of a way the Sin could surely get heavy damage with and only for a few seconds.

I was aware that such a Power Dash would be almost useless for any APS Sin -- a reason for this would be that I see APS only acceptable for farming but in all the other situations Sins should be forced to use skills like other classes.
  • Tiwax - Harshlands
    Tiwax - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If ANYONE thinking of making a recast r9 char, lol never make a sin. dont do the same mistake i did. In this game sins are useless now. they are the only class need to keep 2 fail gear sets in their inventory always. u will never be able to kill good HA or LA class char in NW thanks to bramble. if u think to kill HA or LA with full set gl with it(ur 18k p attack with 165 attack lvl will do about 3k zerk crits. so gl with killing 20k+hp guyb:chuckle) . If u try to kill with aps( even u have +12 ornaments) deflect is still high.SO u dead before u kill enemy.so use IG? lol? to kill a 20K+ hp guy withing 12 sec. nice thinking devs. So may be purge with ur bow?lol advance purge bow with full set 0.71 attack rate,will nicely purge jk right? or use tt 99 aps set & bow to purge? ofc u can receive 18k shots from magic classes during that time. so gl with purge withing ig time & Ad time of 15 sec :D

So we need to take about against AA classes? Im don't like to talk about purify spell lol. There is no pk in DW any more so at least remove sshyt bramble form NW. BTW gonna recast my psy soon, just bit busy with rl at these days.b:pleased So we still talk about sin skills? :D
    HMm may be cast a curse on enemy to remove his all positive buffs & disable sell buffing or buff gain abilities for next 2 mins? OOOOo or simply give full interval in 3rd cast to gain 5.0 base aps lol. ik now im gonna receive massive amount of blaming replies

U right...I got a sin too and I was thinking..should I gear him up with r9 recast?? But Im too dissapointed ...PWI ***** up the Sin char since R9 gear: no aps, no def, no upgrading skills , cant face up other chars !!!....As I see is the END of Sins Era... ..that is in case PWI doesnt take actions with the next R gear for Sins !!!
  • Brivido - Dreamweaver
    Brivido - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would be happy if they simply made bramble into two skills. Old bramble was the defense vs sins before all the classes tweaks, now it is not as needed as before imo

- self bramble = as it is
    - bramble on others = a 30/60 sec duration buff with a 90/150 sec cooldown

bramble is a specific anti sin skill (we have high phy damage output and low def = very painful when it comes back at us) so i dont get why there is a perma status to it

But this is off topic :p as it is another class skill b:chuckle

In respect to sins skills, they would need to rivisit at least 1/3 of sins skills. APS is not only a lazy trend, but it is the only option in pve, they would need to bring skill dps output from skill on par with the aps one for skills to become a valid alternative. This is done by either increasing the damage (rather not) or by making sins skills a LOT faster and with much faster cooldowns... heck in trials when going skill-crazy on bosses I had to include rift and other skills like twin strike in my routine due to skill cooldowns... so my final comment on this, is make skills casting, channeling and cooldown a lot faster.

New PVP skill: Death Prophecy
    Duration 30 seconds, Cooldown 60 seconds
    For every skill hit there is a 20/30% chance that the next 3/4 skills are insta skills and no cooldown on them is triggered (once triggered the self buff desappears)
    Notes - make a quite visible animation (could be similar to blood frenzy) so that both sin and opponent can notice it and take action
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @Briv That would kill PvP. If sins can instant cast/CD skills it would make it quite unbalanced in PvP.

I mean, versus casters, Demon Knife Throw to interrupt their spell, and your new skill procs, and you can knife throw 3-4 more time in succession, interrupting their spells even more, and allowing for 3-4 quick hits that can crit/zerk in a 35 meter range is kind of OP.
  • Brivido - Dreamweaver
    Brivido - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm i don't completely agree, whats the difference with the seeker skill where they have 3 sec of 0 channeling, other than for us it would be random and they can choose when to use it:p

1 vs 1 it would give us a chance to do what other low def classes do, nuke (I know we can already nuke la/aa, but we need to be close range and the ratio of damage dealt / taken is much higher in their favor), plus consider it would be only once every some 60 sec (or make it 2 min), thats when targets can use apoth or genie, not like I have much time to react when a psy/seeker/wiz/archer oneshots me bypassing charm as they hit me for 20/30+k

This would be to give a chance vs HA... i was disheartened when testing vs a friend seeker.

Sin (me) r9rr+12 171 att lvl
    Seeker r9rr+12 josd build

I triple spark and ep them getting a crit gof of 7k with rift, had I use the above mentioned skill the seeker would still come out alive from this

The one side I can agree is, make it so that you cant spam the same skill then (aka adding back the cooldown) as more than knife throw, going in middle of a group and using 3/4x rifts might be excessive:p