Theater of Blood "Server Error"

Fissile - Archosaur
Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Support Desk
The last few times I have gone to theater of blood, after a while the chat window will display "Server Error" with a message saying to log off and back on. If I don't log off I can not use any skills, actions (fly, ride mount, etc), or items. However, other players are still able to attack me.

Of course, when you log back in, you are no longer in the theater of blood and lose all of your related items. If registration has ended you can no longer re-enter the theater either.

Screenshot:
http://oi48.tinypic.com/nyhat.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Fissile - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This issue is pretty much similiar to the delta which is fixed now, and Nation War has the same bug which still exists. Thou with the last content update PWI said isolated and removed a crash bug that occurred during Nation Wars but still exists coz i have experienced it in last week's NW personally. Let's see what happens next.

Thank you Val for succha a brilliant idea Good Job !
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fuzzy has been seeing this same Theater of Blood related issue on the Lothranis server as well...
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Fizzle,

I have also heard of this issue but have never been able to reproduce it internally. Whatever's causing the issue is still eluding our test team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This has happened to me both last night and tonight. It's hard to defend yourself when you can't do anything because of a
    Server Error. b:sad
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    About half of the people in theater of blood on Archosaur server got it tonight. How can they not reproduce it? It happens to me 100% of the time when I do theater of blood now.

Enter Theater of Blood -> Play for about 5-10 minutes -> Server Error.

I used to get 2000+ perfect stones per week in ToB. Until this is fixed I can't feed my genies and my flier f:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    This has happened to me every time I've done Theater of Blood for the last week.

Twice, it's "fixed" itself after a few minutes and I can attack and use items normally, but for the rest of ToB I no longer have the awareness level buff or the tidal/focused mind buffs.

This server error also happened to my cleric just after I entered Abaddon. I buffed and then meditated for MP, but right after I stopped meditating I got that server error. Oddly, when I moved my cleric on his client he would appear to move normally. On my BM's client, my cleric was standing completely still. However, my cleric could see my BM move as usual.
  • kuroshoppe
    kuroshoppe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Happens to me all the time when I open packs. Sometimes it fixes itself and I rubberband back to where I was when the error happened, sometimes I have to kill the process in task manager and start the client again. Started about 3 days ago. It got worse though, now I can open about 10 packs and then have to restart the client. Only happens to me opening packs tho so far and also happens on both my accounts.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LC server has the same bug, I go there often on the veno to lv pet, and gain rapid exp. Since 2 or 3 week the server error bug got in there.

1st time it happen to me I log back in quick, but while doing so I lost all my horn and drop.

2nd time I waited for 2 -3 minute, and I got back in the Theater, but the game was not showing that I had heart or drop.

I think this error is related to lag effect.

1 idea that comes to my mind, is since the new expansion, it take more time to have instant item, for example the Nirvana elder that gives key and item for caster. Before it use to resolve almost instant. Now it takes the server 5 to 10 sec to give me the item. But if I have multiple item, sometimes it takes less time. It's more a random thing.

Apply this in theater, if I pick those blue item, the server has a delay in giving me the buff and using them. Maybe at some point the 2nd item resolve before the 1st and then it create an error for some reason, the server think your out of sync.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've had it happen often when rapidly levelling genies
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I too have noticed this. I have concluded that this glitch occurs when a skill cancels when a mob disappears. The server is unable to register that the mob disappeared, because the skill pretty much had finished casting. It goes into a loop, searching for the non existent mob.

This is unduplicatable outside of ToB because in the open world, I know of no mobs that disappear without death.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    idk someone said it happen in nw.

Any way I was in Theater tonight again and I got the error, I was flying around but it's like if I was disconnected, I was able to speak whit ppl in guild chat and whisper.

Short of ideas I invited my veno in my cleric squad. And idk if it force the server to relocate my veno, but she came back at the location were the server error happen, kinda like old dc use to be.

At the time the server error happen also, there was only 3 minute left and no mob to kill. I only pass 1 player that was in there and we just ignore each other.

Also when I got reconnected, the npc was not there to teleport outside, So I had to fly around a while before I could make it appear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is still happening, I was hoping that after this last maint it would be fixed but it is not.
    You still glitch at certain times and are unable to; pick up hearts, use skills, talk to NPC's, and if you move you are teleported back to where you first glitched.
    Another thing that happens is that the indicator on top of your head that shows how many hearts you have glitches so that no-one can see it, even if you manage to somehow un-glitch yourself and can use skills again still no-one can see the indicator above your head.

This glitching is ruining the event, can it pleased be fixed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    and if you move you are teleported back to where you first glitched.

Correction based on what I've seen/experienced:

Those who get this error can freely move around on their own client. However, their character does not actually move on the server, so anything out of range of the character's position when they first glitch doesn't load, and other players see the character in the same spot. If you are attacked, you return to your original position, and can see mobs around you (but not players). When ToB ends, you are ported out to the lobby.

What appears to be happening is this: After the error, you are still connected, and the server is still sending information to your client, but your client is not returning any information about user commands to the server.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Got the error yesterday and today again,

Yesterday I had the idea of inviting my veno whit my cleric outside of theater. That seem like it work.

But I tried the same thing tonight and the Squad invite did no reach my veno in the theater. And my veno could not send invite to my cleric outside.

Yes when the glitch server error happen, you can still move around, but you can't do any thing. When the server resync I guess, you get back were you were. This look more and more like a server disconnection issue. If you say you can't reproduce it, maybe it's bad hardware. ( I Blame IRONMAN, don't let him near the server whit coffe and donut again ! )

I don't see how 2 ppl can bug the server. Yes we were 2 player in it tonight. The archer PM me about 1 minute before I got the server error and she had the error to.

The server error happen around 22:24 for me my time. ( I think it's 19H24 for server )

Yesterday it happen near the end to.

It would be nice if we could send information file or something to help resolve this issue. I don't see much left to try except complain and wait ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    What appears to be happening is this: After the error, you are still connected, and the server is still sending information to your client, but your client is not returning any information about user commands to the server.

Same conclusion I came to.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help with the issue at all. I seem to get this every time I do ToB, without fail.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Same conclusion I came to.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help with the issue at all. I seem to get this every time I do ToB, without fail.

Doesn't seem to help players avoid the issue, but it might be of some use to anyone trying to fix it, so it's good to report.

I've just stopped doing ToB until this is fixed. Not worth the time.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    I get as much as i can before registration ends, then town portal and wait. Better than not getting anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you pick up the Theatre of blood event sword and use it < you somehow get this glitch server error and everyone can freely attack your body as your body is standing still on their screen defenseless while on your screen it looks like you are able to roam around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    If you pick up the Theatre of blood event sword and use it < you somehow get this glitch server error and everyone can freely attack your body as your body is standing still on their screen defenseless while on your screen it looks like you are able to roam around.

It's not related to the sword. Everyone gets it.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doesn't seem to help players avoid the issue, but it might be of some use to anyone trying to fix it, so it's good to report.

I've just stopped doing ToB until this is fixed. Not worth the time.

Sure it helps you avoid the issue. Just don't attack the mobs. The drops from killing players is better anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited April 2013
    Sure it helps you avoid the issue. Just don't attack the mobs. The drops from killing players is better anyway.

I never attack mobs, and I still get the error.

EDIT: I'll add that it's possible I get the error when I inadvertently kill a mob from an AoE... but if that's seriously the issue, that's still a serious problem.

Also, nobody mentioned that this error was being caused by killing mobs... where did that come from?
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Played Theater again tonight. Got the server error again, i happen around 22H17 my time.

I try to invite in sq from outside theater 2 time, didn't work.

But the invitation I send from inside the theater did permit me to target mob again and continue killing.

There was 1 other player whit me in there tonight, she said she got the error to but she left her Frost sq she was whit and the error went away.

I think it look like the server drop or connection or block it some how.

While on the server error the client on or side continue to work until server connect us again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sigh, this still an issue (but then, what does get fixed these days? I don't think there has been a proper bug fix in months).
    I got it while running, not attacking or anything, just running. Died soon after to a couple of r9rr sins, saw them coming, though I knew moving wasn't doing anything as my pet was standing still. I could see it react to the sins knife throwing it though, as it was on def mode.
    As the sins came from outside vision range, their character models didn't load, but I could see them moving from their selection circles, kinda. It was a bit stuttery, and then my HP bar moved instantly to half, paused, then instantly back to full (I'm not sure if my petals or charm, the charm was never shown to tick) then I was dead without it moving any more (I have gear to withstand some punishment, so it's unusual to instantly die, and I'd fought one of the sins a couple of times previously that BT and they never even ticked my charm, so it's a bit weird)
    Dying didn't solve the issue, the only fix is to relog. But oh wait, that throws you out of theatre.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • demxhunter
    demxhunter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    heres more attention to detail. 1st time i got was when i had the aushra destroyer, with over 100 hearts. 2nd time some 1 else who had the destory with over 100 hearts got the sever error. But i still managed to kill him and steal his hearts right before the event ended. so the last detail is it happens at the end
  • KissOfFaith - Lost City
    KissOfFaith - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Went in TOB again after expansion on my 101 veno , I got a server error after 8 minute inside it.

This suck a lot, I like this quick event.

Any way a GM toon can come on the server and test this event. Set up special log file for it idk ...

TCHP alt
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This issue has been known to the Admins & GMs i hope Devs too but they cannot find a fix for it yet. Who knows maybe in a near future it will be fixed ? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • mannanekotenshi
    mannanekotenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At today's event a player attacked me and i couldn't attack back.
    Not even my pet would respond when commanded.
    Why was that?
    This has happened before.
    My skills freeze (magic and physical) and I am left defenseless to be killed.
    b:beatenup

Also I am unable to use the teleport, seal and protect scrolls. Am I doing it wrong? How do you use them?
    b:puzzled

And I'd really like to know why players continuously kill me even when I don't have any hearts on me? (indicated by the glow)
    One player answered that she was looking for the sword.
    But it makes no sense for same players to kill me repeatedly...
    Are they just evil or something?
    f:strive

And at the end I must complain that the rewards are set ridiculously high since i had never collected more than 300 hearts by speed-grinding.
    f:tired
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi everyone,
    I need one of you to get me a video capture of what you were doing as the glitch occurs. (As in before the glitch happens. Sending me a video of the error message does not help me locate the precise problem).
    Without that, I do not have any way of finding out what's causing the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • ventusumbra
    ventusumbra Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got this error 2 theaters in a row. I will try to get a video capture for you next time.
    For now, I think this happens right when I hit an Atrium Cacheholder with an arrow.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I need one of you to get me a video capture of what you were doing as the glitch occurs. (As in before the glitch happens. Sending me a video of the error message does not help me locate the precise problem).
    Without that, I do not have any way of finding out what's causing the problem.

I'll see what i can do- It's getting so bad now that I'll glitch and be stuck in the ToB even after the instance has closed.
    I can be the ToB ghost, haunt the bloody halls and only appear to kill poor souls who dare to venture into my caves o__o....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.