Why no r8 3rd recast

snooze88
snooze88 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
i was wondering how come theres no r8 3rd recast or something similar for r8 at least but some attack lvls on the weap
Post edited by snooze88 on

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't mind r8 gear getting a boost. There is far too much a discrepancy between r8 and r9, and now t3
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • XStickyx - Heavens Tear
    XStickyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The same reason TT99 doesn't get upgraded. You aren't supposed to just use one set of gear forever. You are supposed to improve yourself to he higher tiers of gear when they come out. Not expect a now non-competitive set to be buffed just because you're too lazy to improve :X
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since even Val did admit that pw cn devs prefer to work on new stuff before they fix old ones I'd even not be surprised when they would release R8 3rd cast soon.
    With nv 3rd cast and nw release they killed a bunch of instances... No need to run nv or trials. There is no reason for a faction to have a base atm; heck, there is even no need to be in a faction!! anymore. It's about time to change this.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The same reason TT99 doesn't get upgraded. You aren't supposed to just use one set of gear forever. You are supposed to improve yourself to he higher tiers of gear when they come out. Not expect a now non-competitive set to be buffed just because you're too lazy to improve :X

TT99 got an upgrade. It's called nv gear. 1st cast, 2nd cast and even 3rd cast...
    edited April 2013
    gyroki wrote: »
    TT99 got an upgrade. It's called nv gear. 1st cast, 2nd cast and even 3rd cast...

I suppose if you want to consider nirvana an upgrade to TT99, even through its an entirely different set from an entirely different instance. In which case please excuse my poor example. If it makes you feel any better you sure showed meb:cute

But the point is still the same: gear up with new gear not hope they gear you up with buffs to outdated gear. b:bye
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gyroki wrote: »

That's like saying r9 is an upgrade of r1 because they all require the same ring to be turned in to get the next one.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's like saying r9 is an upgrade of r1 because they all require the same ring to be turned in to get the next one.

Actually it is but not so directly its an upgrade of r8 which is an upgrade of r7 which is an upgrade of r6 and so on. Some of the uneducated stuff that comes out of ppls mouths i swear. Had U read the ops actually writing u would notice he wsnt just talking about redoing r8 stats but having a 3rd cast. just like r9 and vana have. The short answer is they would make less money and it doesn't make sense. r8r should have never been brought out. alot of what they are doing is a result of poor planning. So they try to duct tape said poor planning which results in more poor plans which need more duct tape. rinse wash repeat.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's if you pvp though.

PVE you get to the point where it isn't a challenge anymore if you keep going lol.
    edited April 2013
    Some of the uneducated stuff that comes out of ppls mouths i swear..

I stop at here. Win you tri 2 act more smartest of me.b:shutup
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually it is but not so directly its an upgrade of r8 which is an upgrade of r7 which is an upgrade of r6 and so on. Some of the uneducated stuff that comes out of ppls mouths i swear. Had U read the ops actually writing u would notice he wsnt just talking about redoing r8 stats but having a 3rd cast. just like r9 and vana have. The short answer is they would make less money and it doesn't make sense. r8r should have never been brought out. alot of what they are doing is a result of poor planning. So they try to duct tape said poor planning which results in more poor plans which need more duct tape. rinse wash repeat.

Really? Insults? I didn't say anything about redoing stats nor was I addressing the OP's post. You'd do well to improve your primary school-level writing before commenting on "uneducated stuff."

XStickyx made a fair point: you can't keep upping every set of gear to compete with top-tier stuff. Rank 8 is superseded by rank 9. After all, if we upgrade rank 8 to compete with rank 9, then why not upgrade high-level mold gear? Why not upgrade the other lunar armour sets that don't get "upgraded" to Nirvana gear?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    r8 is pretty much outdated, even r8r is not very good anymore.
    What ppl want it, that it can competete with r9, but that makes no sense, because r9 costs alot more and deserve to be more powerfull.

Not saying, that r8 should be weak, its not, just different gear will outdo r8 by far, calling Nirv 3. cast here.
    Making R8rr would be stupid, do we really want another set, which can be upgradet? i think not.
    i think, even r9 or Nirv 3. cast dont need another recast option in the future, i mean its getting ridiculous if you ask me.
    What does the Nirv 4. cast weapon have as stats? 50 attack level + 4 stats randomly addet?
    R9 4. cast? 80 attack level? okay..
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I suppose if you want to consider nirvana an upgrade to TT99, even through its an entirely different set from an entirely different instance. In which case please excuse my poor example. If it makes you feel any better you sure showed meb:cute

But the point is still the same: gear up with new gear not hope they gear you up with buffs to outdated gear. b:bye

No.. You're just plain wrong. b:bye

An R8 3rd cast would be interesting to see... I'd vouch for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited April 2013
    All I've learned from this is that stage 3 nirvana is actually TT90 stage 5, and stage 3 r9 is actually rrank 1 stage 10
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    All I've learned from this is that stage 3 nirvana is actually TT90 stage 5, and stage 3 r9 is actually rrank 1 stage 10

Well, you need r8 to get r9, but you dont need anything from r8 to make r9.
    So its something new, to r8 you need at every tank an item (ring) from the previous rank, to make the next rank.
    For rank 9, you dont need that.
    edited April 2013
    You do need r8 to get r9. You may not need the ring, but you do need r8. Unless you know a way to get 300k rep without getting 200k rep.
  • mayaral
    mayaral Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013

if you notice, you'll see that even the names of the items are called the "TT99 Awakened version"

☆Awakened Ashura's Armor
    ☆Awakened Ancestral Divine Hat

the g16 NT3 real name should be TT99R -2 Awakened b:laugh

I would like to see a r8t3 with the characteristics of Chinese r9 forgotten b:shocked
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Well, you need r8 to get r9, but you dont need anything from r8 to make r9.
    You do need r8 to get r9. You may not need the ring, but you do need r8. Unless you know a way to get 300k rep without getting 200k rep.

Yea, thanks, i didnt knew that...

Well, im not even sure, if you just can get 300k rep and go r9 asap or if you need to rank up first from r1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 to make r9.

When you just need 300k, you dont need r8. Saying anything else, is just false then.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think there is some misunderstanding here.

Of the R8 gear, you only need the R8 ring to get the R9 ring.

Therefore technically all you need 200,000 for the ring and then get the last 100,000 rep for R9.

You can't skip R8 ring and go straight to R9 with just 300,000rep.

Or just in case its ME misunderstanding, nah, you can't skip the actual rank itself to jump to R9.

PWI made sure that is a tedious process getting to R9. Getting the ring is the easy part. The weapon being the most painful.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    k, makes sense. Just thought, because you dont need the ring for r9, that you could skip all the other rank quests..

Well well, but this isnt the topic here anyway lol.

Ppl are speaking of r7 recast too or better said, the sage weapons, which is stupid.
    I think r8r is good enough, bring something new instead, maybe a new path from the TT99 base, but not nirvana but something different? When we recast the same stuff we are having over and over and over again, we end up beeing 10. stage and deeper...
    *we need to go deeper*
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this thread makes me think of 2 people locked in a box, sitting at different positions inside that box, arguing how their perspective is the correct one, and the other ones description of what the inside of the box looks like is completely wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    r8 is pretty much outdated, even r8r is not very good anymore.
    What ppl want it, that it can competete with r9, but that makes no sense, because r9 costs alot more and deserve to be more powerfull.

So people want R8 to be as good as R9, but without pay the price...

R9 is the ''upgrade'' of R8, they won't make R8 be as good as R9, it's just logic, if you want better then R8 go for R9 or the cheap way 3rd recast nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stage 3 r9 is actually rank 1 stage 10

Thanks for that. Fuzzy had a good laugh. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mayaral wrote: »
    if you notice, you'll see that even the names of the items are called the "TT99 Awakened version"

☆Awakened Ashura's Armor
    ☆Awakened Ancestral Divine Hat

the g16 NT3 real name should be TT99R -2 Awakened b:laugh

I would like to see a r8t3 with the characteristics of Chinese r9 forgotten b:shocked

Rofl!
    So how do you explain lunar based nirvana? Which, oh my gosh, turns into stage 3 nirvana and has the same name as the tt-based nirvana stage 3.

Is it magic?

Is it a miracle?

No, you're just too short-sighted and bent on being right to acknowledge it .
    Nirvana is a stand-alone set, you can get it by 2 different ways, albeit name differs to show the path you chose, for the first and second stages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can skip the R8 ring and get R9 ring. I got my R9 ring first and then R8 ring later when I realised I wanted an unrefined R8 wep to troll people with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Last time I checked, you don't need the R8 ring to get R9, only GST+MOG+300k rep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Last time I checked, you don't need the R8 ring to get R9, only GST+MOG+300k rep.

That's what I said...just I didn't say it as well as you didb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it would be nice to have some sort of upgrade to r8..Like a completely different set.
    You know? Like how you need tt99 to get nirvana.

They should make it where you need the r8r pieces to get some sort of other gear.

Like.. pan gu's gear or something...Or warsoul armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think they should come up with a r8r ring. Something comparable to sky cover or cloud stir, perhaps better than those 2 bt not as good as the recast cloud stir and sky cover.

Other than that, r8r is already better than t2 nirvana. Making an r8r2 is just stupid cause... That's basically what rank 9 is isn't it?

You can argue about upgrading directly or whatever. It doesn't really matter lol. If you order the stats from set bonus alone currently and follow the trend it's quite clear that r8r2 would be better than t3 which is already pretty good compared to normal r9 so r8r2 would be better than r9. That's stupid. And if it ever came into the game it would be more expensive than r9 but not as good as r9r2 I.e. pointless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The problem is...if they spend time and money making R8RR, how many people will actually get it?

Will it be enough to profit PWE?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive