What if...

Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Etherblade (West)
things happened differently?

In another thread there were a couple posts relating to "what if these events didn't happen". It got me thinking, considering all that's happened on our server these past almost 5 years, how would the server be today if things happened differently?

Would some of us still be playing?
Would Hispanos be the dominant TW faction?
Etc..

There's a lot to think about and what I'd like to do is start off with an event that more than likely to this day had a lasting impact on the server and I want to see what some people think about it and how things could be different if it didn't happen, or happened differently. Use your imagination. We'll see how this first question goes and move on in HT history to other events and discuss it.

First event that I think was the first huge thing to happen:

What if the core (95% of the asians b:chuckle) of RoC hadn't quit to go to ****? LOL it's stil blocked!

I might chime in on this one later.

b:cute
Post edited by Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    things happened differently?

In another thread there were a couple posts relating to "what if these events didn't happen". It got me thinking, considering all that's happened on our server these past almost 5 years, how would the server be today if things happened differently?

Would some of us still be playing?
    Would Hispanos be the dominant TW faction?
    Etc..

There's a lot to think about and what I'd like to do is start off with an event that more than likely to this day had a lasting impact on the server and I want to see what some people think about it and how things could be different if it didn't happen, or happened differently. Use your imagination. We'll see how this first question goes and move on in HT history to other events and discuss it.

First event that I think was the first huge thing to happen:

What if the core (95% of the asians b:chuckle) of RoC hadn't quit to go to ****? LOL it's stil blocked!

I might chime in on this one later.

b:cute

Enrage might have still happened. Just at a later time.

The original RoC has a history of going to a new game, becoming notorious PVPers, then leaving. They don't stick to MMO's that well. PW was a particularly short run for them, but even if Hong didn't have his eye on **** at the time, he would have eventually moved RoC to yet another MMO.

However that does open the question of whether Enrage could have gotten those Rad members without Charity's help clearing RoC's empty lands, or whether Enrage could have risen to power as quickly without them, since Enrage's core did have a significant number of people from the Rad exodus.

Edit: I meant the first Rad exodus to Enrage. Probably even FEWER of you remember this, but Rad lost a chunk of members to RoC even before that. I do believe xForbidden, eXtacy, and his friends were originally Rad as well :P. Even though they're generally remembered as RoC...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if packs were never sold?b:victory
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if the bomb was never armed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if Jhalil never played PWI?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if Jhalil never played PWI?

Looool b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if Rawthorne had never pointed out how well he and Edya worked together...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey hey, this thread has good potential, let's take the time to actually give well thought out responses to questions before throwing more questions out.

That being said, was the working well line that offensive to Edya or was Edya already planning on leaving prior to Rawthorne saying that? I am pretty curious about the history behind that image.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    She had planned her move for quite some time, the outcome was always going to be based on who Radiance voted as leader, Rawthorne or her. Tao had already been created by an alt and people had been recruited incase it didn't go her way. As soon as the vote was in and she lost, it was a very short amount of time before she left and many followed.

So I guess the real "what if" is, what if Edya had won Leadership of Radiance that day....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that's actually an interesting what if scenario. Would she have been able to build up radiance in the same way she was able to build up Tao? (granted, it takes more than a single person to do that of course). I see it as a somewhat easier job to build from a good, solid base and add in what you wish, rather than take something pre-existing and attempt to re-mold/re-build it so to speak. Hmmm, things could have gone very differently.

just out of curiosity, does anyone know how close that vote actually was?
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if, what if didn't really mean what if?
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    She had planned her move for quite some time, the outcome was always going to be based on who Radiance voted as leader, Rawthorne or her. Tao had already been created by an alt and people had been recruited incase it didn't go her way. As soon as the vote was in and she lost, it was a very short amount of time before she left and many followed.

So I guess the real "what if" is, what if Edya had won Leadership of Radiance that day....

She was going to part regardless. If she won it woulda just delayed things a little .
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started late on this server, I never hit the level requirement for Tao :(

The only scenario I can remember from way back was the first faction I TW'd with, Evolution... What would have happened if Drpepper hadn't "borrowed" 30million from the guild bank to buy his wife a nix? Would Evolution still exist as like... the also rans of TW? Or were they bigger before he did that? I only caught the tail end.
    I love drinking tea
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started late on this server, I never hit the level requirement for Tao :(

The only scenario I can remember from way back was the first faction I TW'd with, Evolution... What would have happened if Drpepper hadn't "borrowed" 30million from the guild bank to buy his wife a nix? Would Enlighten still exist as like... the also rans of TW? Or were they bigger before he did that? I only caught the tail end.

You mean Evolution? I doubt Evo could have continued to stay on the TW scene. If you remember, the three other major landholders at the time (RoC, Rad, TheEmpire) didn't have too big of a trouble getting the higher tier lands from the PVE mobs. Evo had to try what...4 times? Plus Evo was amazingly bad at PVP. As soon as TW turned from mostly PVE to mostly PVP, Evo would have gotten bumped off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    What if Luscious didn't kick DrPepper out of the house? b:chuckle

Jks jks.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if Triad didnt have all of them damn nixes!

What if queen hadnt absconded with all those charms!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Cotto - Heavens Tear
    Cotto - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if Triad didnt have all of them damn nixes!

What if queen hadnt absconded with all those charms!

Triad with the nixes were a pain in the *** . -_- but luckily one day they didn't matter anymore lol
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if none of us found this game when we did?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
    edited April 2013
    What if none of us found this game when we did?

What if Kyanelle never buffed me whenever she saw me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if noobreal had enough money to buy a decent comp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited April 2013
    What if noobreal had enough money to buy a decent comp?

What if MsE could see the overpriced computer I bought 4 months ago?b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if aps was never invented? like the concept of -int is never there and all class have to farm the old fashioned way?
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if Rawthorne had never pointed out how well he and Edya worked together...

She was too busy trying to find out how to demote herself and leave faction that she hadn't even noted Raw's comment. :P
    Edit: guess this answers sleepcats question too.

Also... So old players here not remembering Edya DID win the vote?? She was already given leadership which she had trouble getting rid of. The direct cause of her giving that up and leaving faction immediately was not wanting to be forced Raw as her director as second in vote (there probably had been officer drama involved beforehand to add to this). Obviously she probably would have been able to choose another director but yeah... Our group did have plans to start another faction already, and immediate demands of her promoting Raw to directorship probably made decision even easier.
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    She was too busy trying to find out how to demote herself and leave faction that she hadn't even noted Raw's comment. :P

Also... So old players here not remembering Edya DID win the vote?? She was already given leadership which she had trouble getting rid of. The direct cause of her giving that up and leaving faction immediately was not wanting to be forced Raw as her director as second in vote (there probably had been officer drama involved beforehand to add to this). Obviously she probably would have been able to choose another director but yeah... Our group did have plans to start another faction already, and immediate demands of her promoting Raw to directorship probably made decision even easier.

That's how I remember it as well. Edya had won and since Raw was 2nd in votes for some reason he was being forced as her Director. I wasn't going to listen to the mindless reasons for this and left the guild just moments prior to the famous "Bomb Armed" incident. We spent a short time there after in Prosb4Hos prior to moving into our home at Tao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What If Roadkill Went After More Than 1 Land?

What Is Dr Pepper Drank Coke?

What If Krush Didnt **** Dr Pepper's Account And Loot Evo's Coins?

What If I Typed In Lower Case?

What If Ese Missed Jumping Over That Counter At Work?

What If We Could Smell What Cotto-rock Was Cooking?

What If Wargasm Didn't Sell His Account?

What If Moy-toy Was Really Hong's Cousin?

What If Mse Didn't Farm All Those Fb's And Buy All The Rep?

What Is Ceasar Tossed Your Salad?

What If Blessing Led Rad?

What If Steopie Was Made Of Pie?

What If Triad Only Had Herc's?

What If Honasty Did Lie?

What If Biscuiteater Ate Muffins?

What If Djkenetic (spelling?) Didn't Get Ban For Using The Only Gold **** That Worked?

What If Thehate Actually Was Theloved?

What If Celric Didn't Faction Hop?

What If Curse_ Didn't Stop Playing Bm?

Ok....i'm Even Bored Now....

::flame Shield Bishes::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013

Ohh thanks for correcting that, all this time and I had listened to the totally wrong version b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know, Rawthorne never actually wanted that position either; he took it because nobody else would.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What if Julz and Adam never quit the game and Dr.Failpepper never became leader of Evolution?

What if Anniversary Packs never existed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tao was a crappy faction anyway b:avoid NabDigrz of today is like an r9 version of Tao b:shutup
    Most of 'em were highly geared nabs that jumped facs whenever/wherever they smelled money. b:laugh Tao (and Salad) grew by ganking Enrage/Rad together...else they were ****.

Random thing that wont happen: What if HT server reverted back to 3 years ago without r9 **** and when Enrage/Tao/Rad/Caesar were top factions and tt99 was endgame?
  • MelanieXavi - Heavens Tear
    MelanieXavi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013

What If Moy-toy Was Really Hong's Cousin?

You just made me miss that guy (MoyToy) b:chuckle
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    You just made me miss that guy (MoyToy) b:chuckle

OMG! *steals and noms you*