edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh my!
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    o-o

Oh, I'm sure they'd recruit someone who's experienced. I'm from an RP server on WoW, played for 5+ years, was an officer in one of the biggest RP guilds Horde-side. x3

Despite me being Horde, I've never gotten into the RP thing so I'm not sure of the answer to this, but: What is the Horde equivalent of Goldshire?

One for giggles I rolled on MoonGuard just to see if the rumors about Goldshire and ERP were really true. They were. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meiyahn - Heavens Tear
    Meiyahn - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Silvermoon City.
  • Ichi_Damshir - Sanctuary
    Ichi_Damshir - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Are people still interested in an RP guild?

I only ask because I got into RPing in an MMO because of GuildWars2. I'm a member on Tarnished Coast there and it's one of two unofficial RP servers. It's a blast! I love wandering around and catching the random RP everywhere.

A couple of my friends and I were talking about making an RP guild on Sanctuary, seeing as that's where we are. If there already is one please let me know, I'd love to hear other peoples experiences with RP in PWI. Been playing the game for years off and on.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Are people still interested in an RP guild?

I only ask because I got into RPing in an MMO because of GuildWars2. I'm a member on Tarnished Coast there and it's one of two unofficial RP servers. It's a blast! I love wandering around and catching the random RP everywhere.

A couple of my friends and I were talking about making an RP guild on Sanctuary, seeing as that's where we are. If there already is one please let me know, I'd love to hear other peoples experiences with RP in PWI. Been playing the game for years off and on.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Ichi_Damshir - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 1 year 1 month 21 days 3 hours 47 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Necro! DAMN YOU SWEETIE!

Anyway most people don't rp. Though it would be an interesting concept most people wont stick with it.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    -_- Thanks, you all are so mature and helpful.

I know a lot of people who RP....I guess PWIs community just isn't that amusing. Oh well....
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'd personally love to RP and I've looked into it before for this game, but I've found that most RP factions don't get started or die off quickly. Just not enough people that enjoy it.
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Like I said, I guess I'll just stick with GuildWars2 then. It may cost a bit at first, but there are two servers basically dedicated to RP. You can't go anywhere in Tarnished Coast without running into someones story.

Who knows, maybe once my friends from there and I get our faction made up you might see a bit of RP around Sanctuary(server).
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Whatdafuq is RP or roleplaying? o:
    edited April 2013
    Options

Ever heard of D&D? Basically you would play AS your character, talk to other people IN CHARACTER.

It's basically story telling.
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Ever heard of D&D? Basically you would play AS your character, talk to other people IN CHARACTER.

It's basically story telling.

So like Kingdom Hearts?
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Kingdom Hearts is what is known as a JRPG, or Japanese Roleplaying Game....so yeah that would sort of work.

A lot of people do text based rps. Something like:

Resting beside the lake, Ichi stared at the sky. He had been away from his home for so long...it was odd to be so far north. As he stared at the glittering stars above him he caught a rustling in the trees. Rushing to his feet he grabbed his soulsphere, ready to defend himself if he needed. "Who goes there?!"

Basically something like that I guess. But after that someone else would respond.

In an MMO like PWI you're character could be anywhere really. You would control your character, as well as give them a voice...a personality even.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I tend to do text based RPs when I can find them. Easier to get a story going and gives people time to come up with really nice responses. In game is a little harder. I tried to RP once on this forum but only one person jumped in with me, so it died after only a few posts.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I tend to do text based RPs when I can find them. Easier to get a story going and gives people time to come up with really nice responses. In game is a little harder. I tried to RP once on this forum but only one person jumped in with me, so it died after only a few posts.

A tall, dark, handsOme, amazing, great, cool stranger walks in. He looks around and notices you talking about roleplaying. This mysterious man walks up to you and asks if you would like to partake in such an activity with him. He then proceeds to take off his coat and start a 70s dance party.

THERE CAN BE NO ROLEPLAY. ASSIMILATE OR DIE.
    edited April 2013
    Options

I tend to do a lot more text based as well. Specially over on DreamWidth. It's a lot more fun and the community of RPers on DW is just....so fun to be a part of.

As far as RP in game....yeah I'm going to stick with RPing with my close friends, as well as on GuildWars2.
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    There are a few on Archosaur...

But havnt seen them around. Im not an RP person so i don't pay much attention/.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I was once in a squad with a barb that belonged to the Sanctum_RP faction and had to ask what the "RP" stood for. (I thought it was maybe some sort of country designation like some people use after names such as BR, RU, UK, NL, etc. He explained that it stood for "role playing" and that most of their members prefer to role play. b:embarrass

Google turned up this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=424942

This appears to be their site: http://sanctum-rp.forumotion.net/

That was probably me, playing Furball_. I never was really into RPing but my game wife was and Thelas pulled us all together so I joined. In order to be active with my factionmates I wrote a backstory and helped them RP through some quests.

Dunno. To me the whole game is an RP without having to dictate your actions like:
    *Sakubatou gripped his axes, glaring at the sin across the table*
    Think your sewing needles stand a chance against my blades? *scowling, he felt the chi rise in his belly, sweltering and hot, he pushed it as fire into his weapon.*

Personally, talking and acting out these scenarios took up alot of time I could've been farming and actually "being" a blademaster.

SanctumRP died about a year and a half ago. The leader and his game wife started bouncing around PW games then eventually left all-together, at the same time several key members had real life troubles. A few have come back but the faction is currently held by an inactive leader and I don't think anyone is left in it. We also moved websites and that slowed activity. Shiashowyn would collect main storylines that we were RPing and then publish it so we could sort of track our characters on the website. It was also a way to advance our characters with creative fiction instead of RPing them out. For instance one character was a vampire and my barb was RPing a storyline with my wife as being raised then abandoned by elves. I was blessed as an Elven Protector and had strong elven magic in my veins and tatoos on my body to increase my defenses. Drinking my blood imbued him with some of their powers, while he was teaching my barb how to hunt at night. Skills we could use in a later RP.

Too bad, was a fun in a different way.

Anyways, alot of people have posted over the years LF a RP faction. Sanctum never sought members and many of the members were active long after they quit, signing on not to play but to RP. I remember one person was a level 48 BM for about a year and a half but was on for hours a day.

If someone were to start an RP faction, run it right, track storylines or encourage them (an officer couold do this) and in general just run the faction actively I'm sure there'd be interest.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory