Stealing the Skills of Another Class - A "What If" Thread

2»

Comments

• WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hmm

many nice skills per class... but if i had to pick i would say i want the archer skill that restores all chi
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As a bm, and thinking more for pvp terms instead of pve, since I am fine as is about 99% of the time in pve instances. I was ultimately torn between skills to considerably up my survivability, namely invoke the spirit and wings of grace.

Invoke has the 90% damage reduction which is really nice considering how open bm's are in mass pvp, but Wings Of Grace has the 30% damage reduction, 30% speed increase, and immune to stuns, etc, only costs 1 spark, last 15 seconds with a 30 second cooldown.

I am not concerned that much with trying to keep my chi up in mass pvp on my bm, I am more interested in keeping myself and others alive (if possible) as long as possible, and chi for the most part doesn't help with that. (It does but only to an small extent... Myraid Sword Stance ftw :D/Diamond Sutra, not to mention bell/buddhas guard (assuming the bm has it/in squad) and even the stuns albeit arguably they are no where near as useful as they once used to be especially with that overpower purify skill on mage weapons [r8 recast can get it and final form of r9 mage weapons have it] )

EDIT: I didn't even come close to consider skills that magic classes have, would have little to no use for 90%ish of them since they require magic points/magic attack to be of any use... I wouldn't want to try to get a decent weapon/magic attack for just one skill/weapon, and leave almost all my other skills practically useless.

Ultimately I think I would have to pick Wings Of Grace, 1 spark, 30 sec cooldown, 15 seconds of activation, with a damage reduction ftw.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would take that veno purge for my cleric. heh yeah, that would rock.

cheetah here would borrow IH blessing from the clerics.
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the psychics damage reflect thingie that goes off their soulforce would be awshum, would be sweet while im stacking heals eheh.

mystics knockback skill would be nice, or maybe a stun.

Clerics have enough offense and defense, but another tactical skill would be awshum =D
    it should be because it is.
  • Kalmiah - Raging Tide
    Kalmiah - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Veno purge for my barb yessss
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Steal an archer's range skill-set on my sin to take out those pesky bramble-nubs b:cute

OR a veno's debuff+purge skillset.... Purge + Amp + Stealth all in one class? Yes please!
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For PvE I'd choose BM for the self HF, buffs, marrows, and AoE stun.

For PvP I'd choose Psychic for the SoStunning, SoSilence, both voodoos (combined with Chill = lovely), AoE heal/purify, and Psychic will.

For something that's both PvE and PvP, I'd choose veno for the purge, amps, chi burns, and debuffs.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cleric. A veno with a self-heal castable more often than once every 5 minutes would almost never be out of mana. Heck, I'd take Blessing of the Purehearted with a 1 minute cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cleric. A veno with a self-heal castable more often than once every 5 minutes would almost never be out of mana. Heck, I'd take Blessing of the Purehearted with a 1 minute cooldown.

I was gonna say.. "there's Soul Transfusion" but I guess chi would be an issue.
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would love to augment my wizard with psy skills.

Souls are awesome, for starters.
    Psys have a larger arsenal of non-chi consuming aoes than wizards.
    Adding black voodoo would increase the wizard's already high damage.
    Adding white voodoo would make wizards even tankier by caster standards
    Also, psys have more control skills.

Combine that with the wizard's potential for high damage on a single target, blade tempest, and sage bids... b:dirty

Oh and if I could borrow a cleric's UVD... and mark of weakness... and elemental seal... b:surrender

100% agree. would love the stack level and defense level on my wiz.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GM god mode.

Absent that, gimme Assassin Shadow Escape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar_Giga - Heavens Tear
    Templar_Giga - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd give my Seeker a Mystic's Verdant Shell.
    The one and only.

[☆☆☆Allie's Cuddle Machine]
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you might want to remake this before you get a ton of results, since you listed cleric twice. I'm assuming the second cleric was meant to be BM

Nice catch!

I went ahead and fixed the poll, since this is already up and running.

- Val
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was gonna say.. "there's Soul Transfusion" but I guess chi would be an issue.

Soul transfusion is why a veno with a cleric heal would be almost never out of mana. As a cleric, mystic, wizard or psychic, soul transfusion would be a dream come true (unless stuck in BB as a cleric, where'd I'd still have to chug potions.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b:dirty As a cleric i would love the barb's deaden nerves not the crappy violet form deaden that clerics have and i bet most of us don't use it . Also i would love Invoke of the spirit in TW when i get in enemy's base .
    As a note i am cata cleric . b:chuckle
  • Kasira - Harshlands
    Kasira - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd steal BP for my BM. For obvious reasons.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd want sage Tidal Protection. A BM that is very difficult to crowd control is something to be feared. He can raise all hell and not be stopped. Think about our stuns and then think about what it would be like if you couldn't be stunned easily yourself! And think of the chi save on our own anti-stun! Oh the possibilities!
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tidal on my archer would be <3
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Purge, Bramble demon in NW or psychic ''buffs''. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Come to think of it, the branch for tidal protection comes with Deaden Nerves and Focused mind. Along with stealths, but I doubt I'd be found in out of combat stealth. Or force stealthing at all for that matter. BMs are meant to take some punishment, and it would be easy to avoid punishment if I'm not getting stunned...So the stealths are useless. The DN is sexy though. Make it proc then pop a diamond sutra from the chi you saved on anti-stun. Deep Sting would be nice to add to my swiss army knife of control skills, but Tidal Protection is a way better trade off. But as an axe based BM, The chain with Chill of the Deep is tempting. Good attack levels for skill spamming, chi up the ****, and a good immobilization that's more reliable. Tough choice between those two paths now that I really look at it. I'd still pick Tidal protection though.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As an EP... I'd kill for a mystic's Absorb Soul. Imagine, sage sleeping some poor chump, throw on a debuff, and let them have it with A.S. because it won't xcel the seal/sleep (natures venge. would be a major bonus for combo!)

As a Mystic, I'd love some Sin stealth. I'd have some major fun with thicket and bramble tornado in stealth. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want their Sleep Spell

AND

I want my Soulburn to be as long as theirs is.

That is all I would want. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyHell - Dreamweaver
    HolyHell - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Purge and winged grace
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    from Barb POV,

GIMME WHITE VOODOO DAM IT.

ooo how do you like them applesb:victory
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Demon foxform.

The speed buff + a great physical defence buff, would be overkill on a psychic. Wether it's for pulls, quick retreats, simply to stop being a slowpoke, replace holy path for some other skill, ... So many reasons to love that demon foxform.

On sin maybe sage would be better, but speedbuffs are always nice on any class. The physical defence buff on assassins would be really overkill.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tough choice...
    As a Venomancer, maybe I would steal Inner Harmony from Assassins. Venomancers do use up a lot of chi. A lot of their debuffs, defensive skills and biggest nuke skills consume chi/sparks.

As a Cleric, I think I'd go with Summer Sprint from Venomancers for the permanent/instant speed boost.

As a Psychic, I'm not sure...I've never really felt any particular need to have a certain skill another class has.

As a Mystic, I'd probably steal Purify from Clerics because as a healer/support class at heart I'd want a reliable Purify.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★