Anyone old enough to remember this song on PWI launch?

Options
Zanthra - Harshlands
Zanthra - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
My friend was searching for this song all over the internet forever after tideborn was launched, and I found it, so i decided to upload it for you who may have been looking for it as me and my friend. Link included on description. really brings back memories when the boutique was like only 20 items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8iRINw6Mvs
Post edited by Zanthra - Harshlands on

Comments

• Zanthra - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I just noticed I posted this on April Fools day, trust me it's legit nonetheless
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I remember this playing from when I joined in 09. I believe i joined just as the Tideborn was introduced. Really had that feeling of getting pumped to play your character :D

I feel old though.. i started playing when i was 14 and i'm nearly 18 now O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Zanthra - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I remember when I was 13 when they were announcing the closed beta, and I almost shat my pants when I saw the graphics, considering I only had a ps2 back then. I didn't get in the closed beta, but I joined first thing I heard it was launched.
  • Jatsu - Harshlands
    Jatsu - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    X.x You feel old playing for 4 years? Try playing PWI from open beta and PW MY for 2 years before that. That's almost 8 years.... Lol
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I was totally preparing to be rick rolled.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yeah I remember open beta, as the flood of people in plume upon me spawning in, made me log off immediately and I didn't come back til 2010.

That song is still my favorite out of all the "launcher" themes..
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I always loved the flute melody in there....

....triggers so many fond memories of playing this game in its early days.
  • Kuzshi - Dreamweaver
    Kuzshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    X.x You feel old playing for 4 years? Try playing PWI from open beta and PW MY for 2 years before that. That's almost 8 years.... Lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3btkyjj9yw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jatsu - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Options

b:victory Got to love the Henley opening, I ripped that out of the client when I found out it was in there. lol xD
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Aww I remember that and all the cool music ingame D:

Always loved the tune around bamboo village at night. So beautiful. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Llux - Sanctuary
    Llux - Sanctuary Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It took me forever to find that song because for some reason it wasn't in my music files. It's still one of the top played songs on my itunes. (Not the Henley version lol). I loooove it~ <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~My Screenshot Tumblr~
    insanitymogit.tumblr.com
  • Jatsu - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Anyone know if this song is still in the game?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    That...that song brings back memories...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I've always loved this song and I remember searching for it for a very long time too. It's still my favourite title screen song and, perhaps, overall favourite PW OST (tied with the TT OST maybe).

It sure does bring back a lot of memories every single time I listen to it. I remember how much I loved exploring new areas in the game!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Jatsu - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Anyone know if this song is still in the game?

Found it at "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\music" file name is "theme_a.mp3". Also "theme_b.mp3" seems to be a the same thing, but with more instruments? And finally "theme_c.mp3" seems to be an instrumental version.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    b:cry the memories....
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Right in the feels.
    I remember making my veno and freaking out when I got my fox form.
    Or when we used to use the chat room to look for fb squads.

I miss the old days..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have many fond memories associated with this theme song but this thread got me thinking about other songs that evoke similar fond memories of past gaming experiences. Thus, I thought I would share one of my favorites, second only to PWI of course ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN8-6Hi8wSE

I would love to hear about other people's favorite gaming theme songs though I realize that this is treading close to violating the TOS so perhaps people can simply find a link to the song that makes no official mention of the game in which it has been used....thus making no mention of other games. Think of this exercise, trying to connect the song to the game, as a test to see if you are a "real" gamer :D

....walking the line....awaits hand slap.
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, holy hell.
    I've missed this song so much. SO MANY MEMORIES.... lol.

Rolled an archer to fly.
    Ran out of hp pots.
    Rolled a cleric to heal...
    Ran out of mp pots.
    Rerolled archer for mana regeneration on the shield. XD

I can play this on the piano!
    And there should be an option to choose what song they play while opening the client!
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ahhh this music was back when I started PWI and Etherblade was always full of players, and FB19 was hot stuff.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I miss the waterfall login screen more, I suggested a ticket where Login screens would shuffle and random one would appear at every time you log in....Of course I never heard back from them
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I miss the waterfall login screen more

Ahh, the memories! f:shame
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    This bring me some good memories, i miss the old pwi =/
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    wow this brought back some good memories i was still an annoying teen as my parents put it when i first played this wonderful game. So much has happened sense i started playing. Ive never played a game as long or found a game i liked more then this one and i really want it to succeed in everyway possible.

tyvm for this song i think i will listen to it for a couple of hours well i recount the numerous wonderful times i had with people who have quit or are now dead on this game.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Oh, such a wonderful way to recall the many fond memories I've had on PWI. I truly missed listening to this, thank you for posting it... b:sad

I only wish now that we could choose what music we listen to while in the game instead of having to play a song on youtube or whatever in the background.

I've got to share this with some of my friends, we were all talking about how much we missed the original theme music and this will just add to the nostalgia b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sounds really familiar, but I'm pretty sure I made my account after Rising Tide was launched <- because the default server chosen for me was Raging Tide server.

Does anyone else think it's funny when people start comparing how long they've played? Or when they first started? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I totally miss that song. Was my favorite song since I started playing, gave that feeling that you were in for an exciting gaming experience.
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    You know, it's funny. Each time we change the music, inevitably someone's going to pine for a previous version. I honestly am grateful that we have such ardent fans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ah, I remember listening to this while I spent long amounts of time customizing my first characters. Nothing like nostalgia. :) If only they had kept this theme in the game somewhere...
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    You know, it's funny. Each time we change the music, inevitably someone's going to pine for a previous version. I honestly am grateful that we have such ardent fans.

truthfully ive never liked any other music after this oneb:chuckleb:surrender
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle