Warflame Cleaver Vs. Wheel of Warfog

Options
Wutianxin - Heavens Tear
Wutianxin - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Blademaster
I am a bm looking to get either of these two axes but i can't decide which one is better for PVEb:angry. Could someone give a comparison between the two axes? thank you!b:laugh
Post edited by Wutianxin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    R9r3>R9r2>R9>T3>T2>T1>TT99gold>TT99>TT90 gold>TT90green>Calas
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Why would you need R9 for PVE?

Just get the Nv2/Nv3 axes if cost is an issue, but if not, you may as well go for broke and get R9.X...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wheel of Warfog is Nirvana 2nd cast, R9 is better than Nirvana in 100% of the stats (Unless you're like a cleric looking for -10% chan on your weapon or w/e) but yeh, nirvana has a chance to get zerk on it but no attack levels, R9 is a guaranteed GoF (Best zerk) and 30 atk lvls, RR9 is the same apart from its 40 atk lvls and RRR9 has crit/+50-75 atk lvls and GoF.
    So yeah, R9 is superior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    if its just for pve and not pvp then one of the best is the morai Hellfire Hatchets: Sky (lumi order 5k Prestige and 900ish Influence 17mish coin) 60 slayer lvl's are OP they have a decent refine and for AoE grinds less cost on pots/repairs through zerk damage. i suggest tho this thread moved to BM section for more responses from exp'd BM's
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wheel of Warfog is Nirvana 2nd cast, R9 is better than Nirvana in 100% of the stats (Unless you're like a cleric looking for -10% chan on your weapon or w/e) but yeh, nirvana has a chance to get zerk on it but no attack levels, R9 is a guaranteed GoF (Best zerk) and 30 atk lvls, RR9 is the same apart from its 40 atk lvls and RRR9 has crit/+50-75 atk lvls and GoF.
    So yeah, R9 is superior.

r999 gets 50-65, not 75
    if its just for pve and not pvp then one of the best is the morai Hellfire Hatchets: Sky (lumi order 5k Prestige and 900ish Influence 17mish coin) 60 slayer lvl's are OP they have a decent refine and for AoE grinds less cost on pots/repairs through zerk damage

Agreed.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    r999 gets 50-65, not 75
    My bad, mis-calculated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    R9r3>R9r2>R9>T3>T2>T1>TT99gold>TT99>TT90 gold>TT90green>Calas

So off... Although I guess it depends on how much you value zerks. If its "GoF or gtfo" you can put Calamities up Near the R9s and get rid of the T3. If you are valueing SS at 15% dps and GoF at 20% then T3 out dd's r9 (and possibly r9r) and calams out dd many of the TT90s.

I'd value SS/GoF slightly higher than just a dps feature, but not too much. Something like this:
    R9r3>r9r2>N3>R9>Morai>N2>N2>TT90gold>TT99>Calams (at lower refines)>TT90 green.

Not sure on a few of those dps and it changes from low refines to high refines.
    Why would you need R9 for PVE?

Just get the Nv2/Nv3 axes if cost is an issue, but if not, you may as well go for broke and get R9.X...

Best bang for your buck would be Morai, then N3. N3 out DD's them but is more expensive while Morai does about 90% of the dps that R9 axes do. The problem is they're not upgradable to anything else so if you outgrow them they become npc fodder.

And why not R9 for PvE? Pretty much the only reason my BM is in a TW faction is to find good players to run instances with. R9t3 with the goal of +10-12, as well as a second set of aps gear including R8r pieces, all for PvE. If I have to PvP in NW or be active in a TW faction to get a step up on PvE then I'll do that but PvP is about the least interesting thing in this game and ranks down with World Quest imo.

Doesn't mean PvE focused peopled don't want the best for gear. Sort of the point of an rpg is to turn a pissant into a near god.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    So off... Although I guess it depends on how much you value zerks. If its "GoF or gtfo" you can put Calamities up Near the R9s and get rid of the T3. If you are valueing SS at 15% dps and GoF at 20% then T3 out dd's r9 (and possibly r9r) and calams out dd many of the TT90s.

I'd value SS/GoF slightly higher than just a dps feature, but not too much. Something like this:
    R9r3>r9r2>N3>R9>Morai>N2>N2>TT90gold>TT99>Calams (at lower refines)>TT90 green.

Not sure on a few of those dps and it changes from low refines to high refines.

Best bang for your buck would be Morai, then N3. N3 out DD's them but is more expensive while Morai does about 90% of the dps that R9 axes do. The problem is they're not upgradable to anything else so if you outgrow them they become npc fodder.

And why not R9 for PvE? Pretty much the only reason my BM is in a TW faction is to find good players to run instances with. R9t3 with the goal of +10-12, as well as a second set of aps gear including R8r pieces, all for PvE. If I have to PvP in NW or be active in a TW faction to get a step up on PvE then I'll do that but PvP is about the least interesting thing in this game and ranks down with World Quest imo.

Doesn't mean PvE focused peopled don't want the best for gear. Sort of the point of an rpg is to turn a pissant into a near god.

I'm too lazy to math, do it for me. Math every axe at +10 and +12 refines, compare their physical attacks, and factor in the % to zerk and crit with each axe to see which axes come out as the top on average. I'm curious as to the actual order, go. Math. Math it all. Please. Math for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.