Adversity Dagger Texture File Fix

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok you need to tell me where to get this file or upload it for me so i can recompress it into my .pck files because i want to see my daggers properly for once -_- ....
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

SyntherosX - Harshlands replied to a message that was 3 months 27 days 1 hour 5 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

SyntherosX - Harshlands replied to a message that was 3 months 27 days 1 hour 5 minutes old.

Busted, digusted, never to be trusted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SyntherosX - Harshlands
    SyntherosX - Harshlands Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Please this is the only thread on pwi forums that has the direct information needed to resolve this issue which still hasnt' been resolved. I need this information and all the searching in the world leads here.

Please don't stand in the way of that until Asterelle has posted her reply so I can get that file.

models\weapons\人物\匕首\匕首1\25品匕首\textures\r_25匕首.dds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    postimg.org/image/6u8f8sdtt/
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please this is the only thread on pwi forums that has the direct information needed to resolve this issue which still hasnt' been resolved. I need this information and all the searching in the world leads here.

Please don't stand in the way of that until Asterelle has posted her reply so I can get that file.

No excuses syntherickross.

The hell, you edited your post when I posted and it screwed me.

And I'm joking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Busted, digusted, never to be trusted.
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

No excuses syntherickross.

Fine i'll open a new thread which seems meaningless since all the information is here but ok you're a baby Forum Mod know it all understood. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's my thread! xD

I would like an update on this as well.
    edited March 2013
    Hello, This thread is an anti-necro "as many complained looking for free post points" .

I see my daggers as white as in the following picture:
    http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8784/20130204050640.png

And I would like to see them as intended (Black version):
    http://i.imgur.com/VIQanh.jpg

So upon much searching I found the following thread which referenced the actual file that was missing:
    Just checked and can confirm it's a missing texture.

Specifically:
    is missing

So I went ahead to verify the contents of my model.pck with a .pck "command prompt" extracting application. I found that indeed my entire texture folder for the daggers "specifically Rank 9 3rd cast Adversity Daggers" to be missing.

I redownloaded the game 2 times and also verified my files after looking everywhere for the actual file.

I was wondering as Asterelle specifically verified the actual file which was missing if it can be uploaded with a download link so that I may recompress it into my models.pck so I can see the Daggers that i worked so hard for.

This really shouldn't be an issue and it needs to be addressed as hundreds of people see this same texture issue and it has yet to be solved by the troves of updates since its introduction.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    It's my thread! xD

I would like an update on this as well.

Hello and thank you, i just made a new post would you kindly merge it into this one if it isnt' a problem ?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18983291#post18983291
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was wondering as Asterelle specifically verified the actual file which was missing if it can be uploaded with a download link so that I may recompress it into my models.pck so I can see the Daggers that i worked so hard for.

This really shouldn't be an issue and it needs to be addressed as hundreds of people see this same texture issue and it has yet to be solved by the troves of updates since its introduction.

Thank you.

I'm not sure if it's obtainable considering how it wasn't included with the models.pck in the first place. I'd like to see it too if Asterelle has it though.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello, This thread is an anti-necro "as many complained looking for free post points" .

I see my daggers as white as in the following picture:
    http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8784/20130204050640.png

And I would like to see them as intended (Black version):
    http://i.imgur.com/VIQanh.jpg

So upon much searching I found the following thread which referenced the actual file that was missing:

So I went ahead to verify the contents of my model.pck with a .pck "command prompt" extracting application. I found that indeed my entire texture folder for the daggers "specifically Rank 9 3rd cast Adversity Daggers" to be missing.

I redownloaded the game 2 times and also verified my files after looking everywhere for the actual file.

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure Asterelle was talking about an actual dagger texture, the one that should be "painted" over blackness (the one that nobody can see as it is missing). The rainbow effect is not the actual texture but "additon" and the blackness/whiteness just a mesh. I may be wrong though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Panforte wrote: »

Good evening, P-dubbers!

We're currently investigating this issue with the devs. Worry not, as I shall keep you informed about our findings. Until then, I would suggest verifying your client to see if that helps fix things.

Congrats on the daggers!

And for the record, sins in dresses are awesome.

Y U NO GET BACK TO US?

So is it supposed to look like this as ecatomb shows, or is that still not right? (Please tell me that's not it... still ugly)

My fiance was hoping it would just be the same as r9, because he likes that in the first place, at least much more than what he's been seeing for the recast. He's been somewhat hesitant to upgrade because he hates it so much...

For a while, I was wondering if the effect is a result of this, but the closer I look, the more I doubt it. Besides, PW needs a way to reward their precious csers, they wouldn't dare share the sparkly texture off of lame lvl 1 gear.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So is it supposed to look like this as ecatomb shows, or is that still not right? (Please tell me that's not it... still ugly)

Nope, that's missing the texture. To make it clear, since several people aren't really grasping this: NO ONE has the texture. If you show as black or white, that is just a difference based on how different video cards render it. The "white form" of the current dagger is no more or less correct than the "black form."
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2013

The file doesn't exist. That's why it's 'missing'.
    It could have been misnamed or located in the wrong place but I never was able to find it. They just forgot to add it (keep in mind no PWCN weapons use that model).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It could have been misnamed or located in the wrong place but I never was able to find it. They just forgot to add it (keep in mind no PWCN weapons use that model).

Aren't there a ton of weapon textures/models that are unused currently? Couldn't pwi just set one of those to adversity?
    Also for other R9rr weapons for that matter, morai weapon look and bow/dagger just seem kinda... I don't know, I want a pretty weapon. b:shutup
    edited March 2013
    Can the community manager foward this concern to someone that can implement this texture? Because I would really like to see these weapons the way they are intended to be seen. As of yet nobody even knows what the texture is supposed to be :( ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Can the community manager foward this concern to someone that can implement this texture? Because I would really like to see these weapons the way they are intended to be seen. As of yet nobody even knows what the texture is supposed to be :( ...

If you used this font/colour to draw attention and make more people read it... you failed badly. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • _hottaco_ - Dreamweaver
    _hottaco_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you used this font/colour to draw attention and make more people read it... you failed badly. b:chuckle

Must have gotten your attention since you read and replied. So I'd say it was a success.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Must have gotten your attention since you read and replied. So I'd say it was a success.

The fact that she quoted it and fixed it is the only reason anyone would read it. I certainly didn't in the original post.
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013

Who said I've read it? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    I would really appreciate if v4liance gave some feedback on this thread. The fact that the texture is missing to begin with can only be addressed by someone who actually have some say, assuming v4liance is that person then please help b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Well it is Saturday, so good luck?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Friday was a holiday as well, Good Friday. I wouldn't expect a response before Monday.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darkkrowxx
    darkkrowxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i see the texture one too :3
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is just sad that a simple thing as pw-cn putting that texture in how many updates now since r9s3 came out?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited March 2013
    Friday was a holiday as well, Good Friday. I wouldn't expect a response before Monday.

Thank you i forgot until today when i was given an easter basket i was like WDF ? xD ok i'll wait until Tuesday to post again xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Asked in faction chat today in which colour people see the daggers, most tend to see them in black/effect version, only a very few who see them textureless (white)
    how it's supposed to look and I want to see it
    how I see it

How come some people do see it correctly and others don't though b:shocked
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Asked in faction chat today in which colour people see the daggers, most tend to see them in black/effect version, only a very few who see them textureless (white)
    how it's supposed to look and I want to see it
    how I see it

How come some people do see it correctly and others don't though b:shocked

If you'd bothered to read, you'd see that it isn't "correct" in white or black.

No one has the texture. That mess of swirly effects you see here: http://i.imgur.com/VIQanh.jpg
    is supposed to go over an actual texture.
    Right now the effects are over a missing texture which some video cards render as white and others black.

I think your image showing the black adversity is just with the in-game effects turned down. Black and white are the only two cases and the green **** is from having effects on.

Nope, that's missing the texture. To make it clear, since several people aren't really grasping this: NO ONE has the texture. If you show as black or white, that is just a difference based on how different video cards render it. The "white form" of the current dagger is no more or less correct than the "black form."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    If you'd bothered to read, you'd see that it isn't "correct" in white or black.

Like I care, I just don't want it in the damn ugly white.
    The black one seems more correct to me than the white one.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    So you'd rather it stay broken, then? Okay, I got a solution for you. Get a new vid card till it renders it in black. Sounds good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.