"looking for 5 aps sin for tt 2-2"

TrueHarmony - Archosaur
TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
One hour later*

"Come on guys, need 5 aps sin for tt2-2, squads been waiting, ready to go."

Anyone else find it odd that people waste huge amounts of time looking for "leet" players for lower end dungeons to "save time". You could tun tt 2-2 with an average 100 level squad twice in the hour it took to look for a 5 aps sin who wanted itO.o
Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TrueHarmony - Archosaur on

Comments

• TigerGut - Heavens Tear
    TigerGut - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    give me 2 healers, and 3 dd's and im ready to go b:laugh
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One hour later*

Anyone else find it odd that people waste huge amounts of time looking for "leet" players for lower end dungeons to "save time". You could tun tt 2-2 with an average 100 level squad twice in the hour it took to look for a 5 aps sin who wanted itO.o

Lmfao, people are just dumb and spoiled.

I also feel bad for the person who really needed that but couldn't do it because they weren't a 5 aps sin..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It does reflect how the current state of the game is. There are so many bored higher level players running lower level bh's that its nearly impossible to get new players used to the idea that tt 2-2 can be ran with a below lv100 squad.

On the other hand, if its mutiruns for farming saving time makes sense. o.o
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It does reflect how the current state of the game is. There are so many bored higher level players running lower level bh's that its nearly impossible to get new players used to the idea that tt 2-2 can be ran with a below lv100 squad.

I've noticed this too, its even worse than it was a year or so ago. When i try to get a squad for bh 51 on my veno there is almost always someone who goes "invite my friend" and in comes a level 100 class.

Thank god my sable minkii has reflect and strong, so i can just run them with my boyfriend on his level 60 wiz. I like playing this game, not rushing till the end of it XD
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    yea, but at the same time i rather not spend an hour and a half running fb39
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wasting time to find elite players with weapon link or aps just to get the instance run faster, current PWI player logic b:surrender.

I've seen two free Lunar squad looking for member in WC, one is regular, the other is elitist (aka. weapon link squad), I join the regular squad, do the run smoothly due to perfect teamwork. Once I finish the run and got out, the weapon link squad are still looking for member in wc. b:thanks

One thing which sad is, saw a tt2-2 squad looking for cleric/mystic for two hours, and they finallly gave up since all the clerics were having a good time in their love nest b:cry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yea, but at the same time i rather not spend an hour and a half running fb39

Even soloing it on my venomancer with no wine it doesn't take this long, let alone with a squad of six
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Even soloing it on my venomancer with no wine it doesn't take this long, let alone with a squad of six

No wine? You better bring some kind of alchoholic beverage, because that mess is boring.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lol. *goes to solo it on veno*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lol I remember one guy on our server who used to form lvl 100+ 2-3 TT squads.. I found it ridiculous to be honest.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited March 2013
    that does seem like an overkill for an instance that requires level 70
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I've been doing it solo since I was lvl 80. Sure it takes longer for me but I don't have to deal with squads.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been doing it solo since I was lvl 80. Sure it takes longer for me but I don't have to deal with squads.

Sounds kinda like getting drunk at home so you dont have to deal with all those anoying people in bars, parties or wherever people get drunk :)
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In some cases, its usefull to have a person link his weapon like solo wood, you should have a decent weapon to do it, when someone link hook and thorn and say wood, he clearly has no idea.

But in other cases like running BH and ppl want me to link my weapon, im just like "f/uck it" and ignore it anyway.
    Most of the times i open my own BH squad and add this tiny little sentence behind my shoud "i dont care what your weapon looks like" and what? i fill the squad within one or two shouts.

Other squads need way way more, so saving time with running BH + having only 5aps? uh hu.. right.

my 2 cents b:bye
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Reminds me of a situation my friend observed:

"Looking for 2 +10 Sins for BH Abaddon. Waiting at boss"

The BM himself was +10 NV3, but really...the time he spent WCing for such players, he could have just as easily put together a normal/average squad and killed the boss. Said friend PM'd him and told him the very same, and his reasoning behind it was "He wanted to kill the boss quickly".

He spent a whole 20+ minutes before he finally stopped looking (most likely having given up).

While high APS is handy, the mentality that its availability brought about - the whole "Must kill everything within a few spark-cycles" thing is just terrible.

I've long since lost count of the amount of deaths or dragged on fights that have occurred just because of those poking a Bloodrushed Leaf Rain/Fortified Captivation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Aquiminthe - Sanctuary
    Aquiminthe - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    These are precisely the squads I try to avoid. Fast and easy runs are great and all but sometimes these people WCing for squads are too picky and inflexible. I've seen squads dead set on getting a barb to tank even when they could world chat for any class that can tank it.
    "LF 3+ for full WS"
    me: Cleric here
    Them: Already have a cleric

b:cry I don't count as a person
    b:sad Clerics are fine DDs, people b:cry it's okay to have two clerics sometimes.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    These are precisely the squads I try to avoid. Fast and easy runs are great and all but sometimes these people WCing for squads are too picky and inflexible. I've seen squads dead set on getting a barb to tank even when they could world chat for any class that can tank it.
    "LF 3+ for full WS"

b:sad Clerics are fine DDs, people b:cry it's okay to have two clerics sometimes.

Tbh I have to side with those people. b:surrender I just met way too many clerics who think they can get by with outdated gear or not getting their offensive skills. Hell, I LOVE to play my cleric as a healer, yet I still got all my VD skills. So many people I met didn't or not even bothered switching to VD. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "LF 3+ for full WS"

My first bh run after reset always looks like this:
    Barb
    Bm (me)
    Cleric
    Cleric
    and sometimes
    Archer
    Sin

Or
    Sin
    Any Random.

Doesn't matter what bh it is. We always have 2 clerics for the 1st run. Never had a problem with any of the runs. There is no reason you can't take 2 clerics. Thats like saying, "we have a bm already, we cant take another". Aba boss usually dies 1st spark cycle, if not, it will die on the 2nd. Bh snake works out perfectly fine also.

For bh delta we like to do:
    Seeker (me)
    Cleric
    Sin
    Sin
    Sin
    Sin or Bm , whichever pms.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "LF 3+ for full WS"

I wouldn't take a second cleric either, for warsong. I would rather get a mage, seeker, or psy.
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "LF 3+ for full WS"

On momagon cleric DDing doesn't seem to be that big problem for others or we are not that many so people knows which cleric can DD. I run regularly with more than 1 cleric squads.

Anyway it is always possible to make your own squad. Other day there was BH delta and 2 squad were looking for a cleric. I decided to start a full cleric full delta squad sametime. b:laugh And we got enough clerics for that b:chuckle
  • Aquiminthe - Sanctuary
    Aquiminthe - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tbh I have to side with those people. b:surrender I just met way too many clerics who think they can get by with outdated gear or not getting their offensive skills. Hell, I LOVE to play my cleric as a healer, yet I still got all my VD skills. So many people I met didn't or not even bothered switching to VD. b:sad

I don't think you have to switch to VD to dd but it would make sense to if the instance isn't difficult enough to actually require two healers (I think other than AEU people don't usually look for more than one?) and the party members are okay with it. I think some people get upset when clerics switch to VD without asking the other cleric or the party so maybe they're discouraged from doing it. b:chuckle Or they don't want to part from their heals just in case.

I don't know if there are a lot of clerics with outdated gear but maybe they think they can get by because they're always only expected to heal?
    I wouldn't take a second cleric either, for warsong. I would rather get a mage, seeker, or psy.

They were shouting for a while. Sorry I thought the context of the thread was clear enough.
    Although... clerics are great in WS-- they can solo every pav if they would just try it out and they can DD fine and back up BB/heal if there needs to be.
    On momagon cleric DDing doesn't seem to be that big problem for others or we are not that many so people knows which cleric can DD. I run regularly with more than 1 cleric squads.

Anyway it is always possible to make your own squad. Other day there was BH delta and 2 squad were looking for a cleric. I decided to start a full cleric full delta squad sametime. b:laugh And we got enough clerics for that b:chuckle

I remember back in the day years ago when I wasn't too lazy to make squads I would make squads for BH and just take anyone who messages first (+someone who can tank the bosses) and sometimes we end up with 4 clerics. We ripped through that dungeon just fine. Safest barb back then haha.
  • Vetrobor - Raging Tide
    Vetrobor - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013

My Cleric was originally built as "Attack Cleric".

Now I have all skills maxed and working on Sage books.
    I can both fight and heal and can even solo lot of places.

Thanks to self-heal "What doesn't 1-shot you, can't kill you at all".
    Just pump few Ironhearts inbetween your hits, and go all the way.
    Actually, most of the time I don't even need HP charm at all.

Cleric hits slow, but very hard. And having two clerics
    in squad can combine BB and single heals, together
    with Phys/Mag debuff on bosses and backup Revive
    if one of them dies. Or BB and RB together.

Many people don't think, they just try to repeat
    single option that worked for someone else at some
    point. That way they lose many aspects of diversity
    in the game. Or they conflict with another squad member
    that knows some other "single option". :)

On the other hand, SOME powerleveled Clerics still
    didn't learn all their powers.

But that goes for every class.
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My Cleric was originally built as "Attack Cleric".

Now I have all skills maxed and working on Sage books.
    I can both fight and heal and can even solo lot of places.

Thanks to self-heal "What doesn't 1-shot you, can't kill you at all".
    Just pump few Ironhearts inbetween your hits, and go all the way.
    Actually, most of the time I don't even need HP charm at all.

Cleric hits slow, but very hard. And having two clerics
    in squad can combine BB and single heals, together
    with Phys/Mag debuff on bosses and backup Revive
    if one of them dies. Or BB and RB together.

Many people don't think, they just try to repeat
    single option that worked for someone else at some
    point. That way they lose many aspects of diversity
    in the game. Or they conflict with another squad member
    that knows some other "single option". :)

On the other hand, SOME powerleveled Clerics still
    didn't learn all their powers.

But that goes for every class.

Your opinion is invalid. You have no stealth.
    I might be black
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One hour later*

My 5.0 APS sin soloed 2-2 (all bosses) at 100 with HH99 gear mostly (rank 8 chest of course).
    HH 99 isn't very elite now-a-days. b:chuckle

The only hard guy in 2-2 that a upper 80s - 90s non-aps squad with a barb couldn't handle easy with BB is the clone boss.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    My 5.0 APS sin soloed 2-2 (all bosses) at 100 with HH99 gear mostly (rank 8 chest of course).
    HH 99 isn't very elite now-a-days. b:chuckle

The only hard guy in 2-2 that a upper 80s - 90s non-aps squad with a barb couldn't handle easy with BB is the clone boss.

I bet you used stealth.
    I might be black
  • Vetrobor - Raging Tide
    Vetrobor - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bolocactu wrote: »
    Your opinion is invalid. You have no stealth.

Ok, I agree, without stealth I can't sneak through instances,
    Barb, Archer, Psy and the rest of the squad will leave me behind.

:)
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Ok, I agree, without stealth I can't sneak through instances
    together with Barb, Archer, Psy and the rest of the squad.

:)

Once again your argument is invalid. Archers can stealth.
    I might be black
    edited March 2013
    I bet you used stealth.

Stealth can't beat ? bosses.

And no.
    I like the Apocalypse Pages that drop in 2-2 (and 1-3).
    I kill every critter.

Now in 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1 I do stealth and teleport through doors cause mobs got no drops worth anything.
  • bolocactu
    edited March 2013
    Stealth can't beat ? bosses.

And no.
    I like the Apocalypse Pages that drop in 2-2 (and 1-3).
    I kill every critter.

Now in 1-1, 1-2, and 2-1 I do stealth and teleport through doors cause mobs got no drops worth anything.

Actually If you use share the stealth at lvl 105 you can pass lvl ? mobs.
    I might be black
    edited March 2013
    Actually If you use share the stealth at lvl 105 you can pass lvl ? mobs.

They fixed that bug long ago right?