when did tt drops get nerfed?

Options
RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
Trying to pin point exactly when tt drops got nerfed. I know some say it never happened but I am 100% for sure it did at some point. For instance in the 3-1 the ghost ribbon boss use to drop 3-4 ribbons outside of 2x, wasn't worth much, and a lot of squads choose to bypass him. So I soloed him 10 times today. It is 2x. I got 0,0,4,2,0,0,1,0,0,2. So basically worse than I use to get in normal drops. If they messed with one bosses drops, it is unlikely they didn't mess with other bosses drops.
Post edited by RunningTiger - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I know some say it never happened but I am 100% for sure it did at some point.

Proof?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    proof? I think it is Obvious to anyone that has been farming tt for years. Really seems like drops in general have been nerfed, even dq. Back before the tideborn expansion for instance, you could reliably expect that he was going to drop atleast 1 matt if not more.

On the other hand consider that his matt use to be worth about 100k, and now it is worth considerably more.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If they did lower the drop rates its a good thing cause many have been complaining of no good ways to farm coin. Now there is with the rates lowered and prices rising. If what every one really meant was there is no way to make **** tons of coin with little or no effort, yea keep on QQ'ing. b:chuckle
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I been doing TT for years. The drop is very very low. There are no green mats either not just gold. I have photo from TT 1 year ago that was amazing drop but If I post maybe no one believe me anyway. You want proof? 3 years on farming TT is and I know the drops now and then. How can you get only purple mats at 3-1 for example if it is X 2?
    Few years back, I had even 3 golds per run and now I do 10 runs and get no gold and just few green mats. That is not X2. Something is wrong and it is more then TT only. At card bosses is same, no drop what so ever and no DQ either. I made 1-2 years ago (cant remember) 50k DQ points in 1 day only and buy Event card from boutique and now i spend 3h there and get 15 DQ points.b:shocked
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Personally, it would have been when they added the mirage boxes and silly things like perfect stones. It's not that they actually nerfed the drops, they just added more items for it to choose from, which indirectly lowers your chances of getting the mats you desire.

I could be more exact about it, but I really have no desire to go through and analyze the drop tables in the server files over the past three years. There are better things I can do with my afternoon. Like play Minecraft.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerGut - Heavens Tear
    TigerGut - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    sounds like another plot by PWE to make money
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    3-1 has had poor droprate for a LONG time. Perhaps as far back as when they buffed a few of bosses there to discourage veno's from solo'ing, or maybe it's always had poor droprate. I don't really know.

However, you can check pwdatabase for yourself. Drop rate on GBA's and Ribbons is about 59%. 2x drop only gives you two swings at a green mat with that 59% chance, which is still a pretty high chance of a miss. Gold mats are also pretty poor, with around 4-6% on GBS and Sacred Mother's Aura. Compare this with close to 10% drop on a lot of golds in various other TT's.

Is this recent? No. I remember checking pwdatabase many months ago and discovering this. 3-1 is a horrible TT for droprate. Personally I avoid 3-1 altogether and mostly farm 2-3, which is fast, easy, drops decently, and has a good number of money mats and a chance at gold from AE.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They nerfed TT drops bit by bit through the years and they started it 3 years ago b:shutup
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have been doing TT a bunch around half a year ago. At those times, i would expect from a 3-1 squad run on average about 10 green items and about 0.4 gold item per run. Double that with 2x. Of course that includes a lot of relatively worthless items, but looking only at ribbons and GBAs drastically ****s up your sample size :)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    There are better things I can do with my afternoon. Like play Minecraft.b:chuckle

Amen.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Farming endlessly for things in one game rather than another game. Totes.

Speaking of Minecraft, time for me to play some.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Farming endlessly for things in one game rather than another game. Totes.

Speaking of Minecraft, time for me to play some.

At least I can go into Creative and build huge **** and then destroy it. Wish PWI had Creative mode :(
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited March 2013
    Options
    PW always has been and will be a grindy game
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    At least I can go into Creative and build huge **** and then destroy it. Wish PWI had Creative mode :(

Psh. **** that, I'll just sit in my cave on hardcore mode. Cave people rule!
    edited March 2013
    Options
    stack tnt till i can make a giant crater on the minecraft map
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    TT drops are being nerfed for ages

no real proof for it but whoever played and farmed during last 5 years can see a obvious difference

we all know times are changing...nerf is totally normal since today we have so many people that can solo any TT

i quit farming a year ago and i believe i still have around 200 minister stones i never sold

beside TT you can still farm lunar thats pretty much okayish and secure profit
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Psh. **** that, I'll just sit in my cave on hardcore mode. Cave people rule!
    the pay to play pw has a housing system where you can customize your home
    quoted wrong person meant to quote Decaus on PWI having a creative mode
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    the pay to play pw has a housing system where you can customize your home
    quoted wrong person meant to quote Decaus on PWI having a creative mode

y maust u tez me so!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    10 is no sample size and the human brain has an affinity to remember more bad things than good ones.

So unless you show me a real examination of drop rates over time with a lot of samples, I'm gonna call this "QQ I'm not getting drops, the bad company must have screwed with drops again."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Good to know there's so many MC fans on this forum. XD I'd add some of you to my vanilla server whitelist if I didn't have a strict "RL friends only" policy on it.

Besides, everyone knows the most important thing to do in MC is to build a huge spiral tower to the sky and then repeatedly jump off it for the lulz. :P (at least, according to one of my server users)

Also, I wish we had the housing system in PWI as well. >_> I'm amassing quite the collection of WQ house items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Good to know there's so many MC fans on this forum. XD I'd add some of you to my vanilla server whitelist if I didn't have a strict "RL friends only" policy on it.

Besides, everyone knows the most important thing to do in MC is to build a huge spiral tower to the sky and then repeatedly jump off it for the lulz. :P (at least, according to one of my server users)

Also, I wish we had the housing system in PWI as well. >_> I'm amassing quite the collection of WQ house items.
    My minecraft tower. =)

I also have rails that spiral up into the clouds, travel across the map, and then drop you down into a cavern. b:pleased

Yes it's too bad we'll never see the housing system. that's only on PW 1.0 which is still a subscription service. Can you imagine how many servers they would have to add to give us that?
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have an old screenie where Wurlord dropped 5 hooks in solo mode, during 2x :D If only drops were like that nowdays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Sharki - Dreamweaver
    Sharki - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Proof?
    If he's asking something, and trying to find this stuff out, why does he need proof?
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have an old screenie where Wurlord dropped 5 hooks in solo mode, during 2x :D If only drops were like that nowdays.

damn your lucky, i swear when it comes to drops i have the worst of luck. Example my friend when we played another game got 2 mount drops off of bosses one of which is super rare( like .010% to drop)which was on his first attempt.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I been doing TT for years. The drop is very very low. There are no green mats either not just gold. I have photo from TT 1 year ago that was amazing drop but If I post maybe no one believe me anyway. You want proof? 3 years on farming TT is and I know the drops now and then. How can you get only purple mats at 3-1 for example if it is X 2?
    Few years back, I had even 3 golds per run and now I do 10 runs and get no gold and just few green mats. That is not X2. Something is wrong and it is more then TT only. At card bosses is same, no drop what so ever and no DQ either. I made 1-2 years ago (cant remember) 50k DQ points in 1 day only and buy Event card from boutique and now i spend 3h there and get 15 DQ points.b:shocked

Card bosses were nerfed during last 6 months. Got bit under 50 materials/boss last 2x I did, this 2x it`s been bit under 40. And I have farmed exact same card bosses I did last time so there isnt any explanation. Of course I might be wrong on how much I got 6 months ago but I doubt it, I spammed enough to farm ~700-800 materials. The card bosses feel easier though, might be just my gear has improved since last time.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Trying to pin point exactly when tt drops got nerfed. I know some say it never happened but I am 100% for sure it did at some point. For instance in the 3-1 the ghost ribbon boss use to drop 3-4 ribbons outside of 2x, wasn't worth much, and a lot of squads choose to bypass him. So I soloed him 10 times today. It is 2x. I got 0,0,4,2,0,0,1,0,0,2. So basically worse than I use to get in normal drops. If they messed with one bosses drops, it is unlikely they didn't mess with other bosses drops.

It didn't. They made some changes like fairy Boxes and updated bosses when the earthguard races came out but the drop rate hasn't changed. Done over 1000 HH runs. I should know.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Done over 1000 HH runs.

Weird, coulda sworn it wasn't Holy Hall anymore. b:puzzled

On topic, it's like Slyen said. Larger drop tables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Here, I have actual proof that the drop value hasn't changed over the years.

I made these TT mat charts over 3 years ago.
    Common Mobs/Boss/Chest Items
    Regular Boss Drops
    Rare Boss Drops
    Very Rare Boss Drops

At the beginning of each line is supposed to be the image for the item (but my links are broken for the images as I haven't updated this in over 2 years), clicking on that image will bring up the item in pwdatabase, and you can quickly see that the % to drop the item has not changed one bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Sylen, you're my hero. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Here, I have actual proof that the drop value hasn't changed over the years.

I made these TT mat charts over 3 years ago.
    Common Mobs/Boss/Chest Items
    Regular Boss Drops
    Rare Boss Drops
    Very Rare Boss Drops

At the beginning of each line is supposed to be the image for the item (but my links are broken for the images as I haven't updated this in over 2 years), clicking on that image will bring up the item in pwdatabase, and you can quickly see that the % to drop the item has not changed one bit.

/ib4QQcan'ttrustPWDB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.