How long did it take...

2»

Comments

• Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I never lvl'd a toon there, never done it with my alt...

I'M THROWIN' STONES DAMMIT!

STOP PLVL'N TOONS!

This game is over-run by over-powered low level characters. Quest areas are empty.

Play the damn game again.....

Edit: that's your income? powerleveling others? Delete game. Play other game.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, no, they are getting a daily quest done. It's not exactly slave labor. Even so, there is no one forcing people to run with them.

I mean, everyone makes a choice. If people want to be ****, let them be. I am glad at the stupidity of others because, otherwise, I'd not make any money merching stuff.

/derailing

What good is that daily quest? lol

And, how is the fact I dont do BHs because of that attitude derailing?

People keep quoting FC as the reason no one does BHs. That is so false that its pitiful anyone would believe it. b:surrender

It is also purely ontopic. Sure, by now people have gotten lazy. Its a domino effect from the cool job the haxors do. Enjoy your merching though. b:victory
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe your kind are the one's with the bad attitude. Prejudice against people who power level is just as wrong. Pot calling the kettle black. Pathetic. And not saying I plvl all my toons, I do when i feel like it. I have that right.

Maybe you should enroll in a reading comprehension course.

1) You have no such "right". You have a privilege, granted by PWI. And no one is arguing that you don't have the privilege to do so.

2) You seem to be confused by your rage. It isn't the power-leveling that causes the revulsion, it's the resulting players; the ones with no sense of protocol or etiquette or knowledge of the game. It's not prejudice to observe that plevelers are rife with these shortcomings. It's awareness.

3) You don't have to say you plvl your toons. I'll say it for you. The only ones getting their panties in a bunch over this are the frost addicts and the frost pushers. And no, I'm not angry about the subject-at-hand. My ire was directed at the in-your-face attitude of the earlier poster. I see that a lot from you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    People keep quoting FC as the reason no one does BHs. That is so false that its pitiful anyone would believe it.

The problem with that argument is that the plevelers themselves have said so, in various places on this forum. One of the most common arguments is, "Why should I do BHs and quests when FC gives me EXP so much faster?" (paraphrased)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    These pointless fights are just hilarious xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    These pointless fights are just hilarious xD

Why ? b:avoid
    edited March 2013
    The problem with that argument is that the plevelers themselves have said so, in various places on this forum. One of the most common arguments is, "Why should I do BHs and quests when FC gives me EXP so much faster?" (paraphrased)

And you never met anyone in real life that said something just to get other peoples ire up? No? Maybe an anonymous forum would even be more rife with that kind of thing...like you know, trolling? *shrugs*

Think about that statement for a minute. Sure, that's a fine fast way to level to 75 - that it takes a while for anyone new to the game to learn about. At 75 a quest sends one to FC. FC is okay from 75 to 85, but it becomes a mind-numbing grind from 85 to 100, and very few still sane people even want to do FC after 100.

I remember as a low level getting awesome XP doing BHs over and over again out of Tusk Town, and it was fun and very social.

Those people are gone now however, and chasing what little is left off while doing nothing to bring anyone new to the game, is not going to improve the game any.

Which is the main problem with this "FC soapbox" arguement. Snowy Village wasnt exactly a booming camp full of players before the patch disabled FC. It used to be a year or slightly more ago, just like Tusk Town was.

Considering FC runs were sold then too, you can hardly say FC killed everything.

EDIT: More accurate would be FC is all that is left now.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What good is that daily quest? lol

And, how is the fact I dont do BHs because of that attitude derailing?

People keep quoting FC as the reason no one does BHs. That is so false that its pitiful anyone would believe it. b:surrender

It is also purely ontopic. Sure, by now people have gotten lazy. Its a domino effect from the cool job the haxors do. Enjoy your merching though. b:victory

I was derailing, not you. I am not giving the BH a value, just stating that they aren't "sightseeing" as you implied. They get something out of it. Whether you value it as much as they do is your choice. Either way, I don't see why you'd need to bash someone that made a squad with explicit restrictions with which other people willingly chose to go along.

People have been stupid and lazy since the start of the game. FC just made one aspect easier.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I remember reading in one of the threads concerning this matter of Plvling characters in frost: The idea of playing this game is to have fun along the way to the end, as that's what pretty much reaching level 100 in this game means, an ending to your journey (on that character) it's not the start of something new and fantastic as is the way of leveling up normally, each new level brings new activities, a new skill (or enhancement of skill) a chance to learn gradually what your class can or cannot handle. Level 100 just brings.... repetitive daily quests, sure you can set yourself targets like, getting a third stage fairy or all of your skills to Demon/Sage. But I digress, while the words aren't like for like as I read they were generally along the same lines.

Those of you who would like to see a level restriction on FCC should seek out the poll thread if you haven't done so and make your voices heard.

...or if you're lazy click here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1574841
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was one of the first to sell on Sanctuary, if not the first. I saw no one else selling from the time I logged on until I started WCing. It was something like 5am server time on the day it was fixed.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    And you never met anyone in real life that said something just to get other peoples ire up? No? Maybe an anonymous forum would even be more rife with that kind of thing...like you know, trolling? *shrugs*

Nope. It wasn't in any rage context. It was offered as logical argument. The evidence is out there to see for yourself.
    Think about that statement for a minute. Sure, that's a fine fast way to level to 75 - that it takes a while for anyone new to the game to learn about. At 75 a quest sends one to FC. FC is okay from 75 to 85, but it becomes a mind-numbing grind from 85 to 100, and very few still sane people even want to do FC after 100.

Some people call that, "playing the game".
    I remember as a low level getting awesome XP doing BHs over and over again out of Tusk Town, and it was fun and very social.

Those people are gone now however, and chasing what little is left off while doing nothing to bring anyone new to the game, is not going to improve the game any.

How did those people go from "fun and social" to "gone now"? The game is still here.

Could they be gone because the focus of the game changed from play-and-get-better to get-to-end-game-now-before-you-fall-behind? I suggest that most people leave because their only joy in the game is leveling. It's Mario Party mentality that requires the simplicity of chasing the high score. When leveling slows down, it taxes their attention span and they leave for something that allows them to level every day and have dancing unicorns celebrate their wonderfulness.
    Which is the main problem with this "FC soapbox" arguement. Snowy Village wasnt exactly a booming camp full of players before the patch disabled FC. It used to be a year or slightly more ago, just like Tusk Town was.

So are we the Snowy Village Economic Council or do we seek the good of the whole game? Other areas of the game are sparsely populated BECAUSE of frost addiction. What about them?
    Considering FC runs were sold then too, you can hardly say FC killed everything.

1) I never said that FC killed everything and I don't believe anyone means that FC is literally the only problem with the game. But it is a big one.

2) FC runs have been sold for a while but it has gotten steadily worse. A problem that exists is not the same as a problem that has grown out of control.

3) Who says that FC being sold then wasn't a contributing factor to the state of PWI today? Not every effect is instantaneous. Even if people want them to be.
    More accurate would be FC is all that is left now.

Somebody frame that: the embodiment of the problem, captured in one attitude.

Don't take offense. You're entitled to your opinion. I just don't share it ..... at any level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Kian_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Kian_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was actually surprised. I hadn't seen any for much of the day while I was on. So, just for kicks and giggles, I did on myself. Cleared it all to the Bigroom and sold the plvl. But, I had one hell of a hard time finding people for it.
    I even told my partner, they whined and complained because they wanted their precious hypering and plvling back but when they did get it back they all scattered. Took me a good hour to fill the squad.
    Mind you, I voted for Level Restriction, so don't sit there and flame me for doing a darn Powerlevel for people XD Again, I just did it for kicks and giggles to see how it went.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh nooooo low level areas are empty!! Nobody is doing the uberly boring quest's to get to end game and are getting there now with half the effort normally required!!They are even unable to learn their tooon because you can only learn it one waaaay!!!You stupid Plevlers!! Low level stuff is sooooo important DOOO O ETT, while I rofl farm millions of coin at endgame and you're not doing much!! What shall we all doooo!!! T_T

*sarcasm*That was actually fun to type for some reason xD.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Oh nooooo low level areas are empty!! Nobody is doing the uberly boring quest's to get to end game and are getting there now with half the effort normally required!!They are even unable to learn their tooon because you can only learn it one waaaay!!!You stupid Plevlers!! Low level stuff is sooooo important DOOO O ETT, while I rofl farm millions of coin at endgame and you're not doing much!! What shall we all doooo!!! T_T

*sarcasm*That was actually fun to type for some reason xD.

Good that you enjoyed it. As for me, other than to say I'm going to ignore it, I ignore content-free, emotional rants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Good that you enjoyed it. As for me, other than to say I'm going to ignore it, I ignore content-free, emotional rants.

Well I guess you're choosing to ignore it after reading itb:chuckle. Sorry you feel that way though ^^. All that post contained with fun sarcasm, *continues to Plevel for coins* :3.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Well I guess you're choosing to ignore it after reading itb:chuckle.

.... um .... yeah. That's what I said, wasn't it?

Ignoring doesn't mean not having read it. It means not addressing the body of the work. Did I really need to explain that?

And since that was apparently necessary, I guess I should preempt the next confused giggle by saying addressing this post is not the same as addressing that one. And that this reply isn't addressing that body of what you wrote. Did I miss anything that you might need explained?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    ....Did I miss anything that you might need explained?
    Sorry, I got lost somewhere...

Was it over the hills and through the woods, or row row row your boat?
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Sorry, I got lost somewhere...

Was it over the hills and through the woods, or row row row your boat?
    b:chuckle

Just don't ask where babies come from. I was absent from class that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Nope. It wasn't in any rage context. It was offered as logical argument. The evidence is out there to see for yourself.

All I see is someone putting words in my mouth. Does a troll need to rage? I dont think so. b:chuckle

Some people call that, "playing the game".

Yeah, I guess so, lol. But then, people call things a lot of stuff. Doesn't make it real. *shrugs*

How did those people go from "fun and social" to "gone now"? The game is still here.

Could they be gone because the focus of the game changed from play-and-get-better to get-to-end-game-now-before-you-fall-behind? I suggest that most people leave because their only joy in the game is leveling. It's Mario Party mentality that requires the simplicity of chasing the high score. When leveling slows down, it taxes their attention span and they leave for something that allows them to level every day and have dancing unicorns celebrate their wonderfulness.

I think they left because of drop thieves, hax, **** attitudes. Im sure some smarter people than me could think of more lovely reasons why they left. What's really funny is watching these guys spam for hours for a squad now; switch off alts; and waste literally a ton of teles all day long to no avail. Yes, I laugh. It's funny! Talk about ironic irony. Its like watching a preditor pig out on every edible thing it can get; and, then the next morning - look up in total dismay that it can't find any food. xD

But let's not forget, any who never played PWI before. They dont roll a char and then rush right out to cash shop some coin, and buy XP runs in FC.

So are we the Snowy Village Economic Council or do we seek the good of the whole game?

Idk what "we" are seeking, lol. I'm seeking a reality check! *looks all over*

Other areas of the game are sparsely populated BECAUSE of frost addiction. What about them?

Oh yeah, cause they were bursting at the seams for the few days you couldn't hyper in Frost...right? b:chuckle

1) I never said that FC killed everything and I don't believe anyone means that FC is literally the only problem with the game. But it is a big one.

Its subdefuge, and a nice big troll. Ill give ya that!

2) FC runs have been sold for a while but it has gotten steadily worse. A problem that exists is not the same as a problem that has grown out of control.

Lol, it has gotten steadily sparse, and maybe you think it's worse cause ya know...you saw one guy spend an hour spamming FC runs - but ya dont really know if he ever put it together or not, so, not considering that he simply ran out of teles and didnt wanna waste money on more - HE MUSTA SOLD DEM HEADS!!! WE GOTTA GET HIM!!! HE IS A BIG PROBLEMO!!!

3) Who says that FC being sold then wasn't a contributing factor to the state of PWI today? Not every effect is instantaneous. Even if people want them to be.

Me. Cause I would feel stupid blaming any part of whats left of the player-base for why something is wrong in the game. It's not their game. They just play it - or not. If they wanna fix something worthwhile that might bring players back - I'd vote for the Drop System. b:victory

Somebody frame that: the embodiment of the problem, captured in one attitude.

Um...do you sell autographs too? b:chuckle

Don't take offense. You're entitled to your opinion. I just don't share it ..... at any level.

Im not offended, dont intend to make you feel so either. *hugs*
    edited March 2013
    I was actually surprised. I hadn't seen any for much of the day while I was on. So, just for kicks and giggles, I did on myself. Cleared it all to the Bigroom and sold the plvl. But, I had one hell of a hard time finding people for it.
    I even told my partner, they whined and complained because they wanted their precious hypering and plvling back but when they did get it back they all scattered. Took me a good hour to fill the squad.
    Mind you, I voted for Level Restriction, so don't sit there and flame me for doing a darn Powerlevel for people XD Again, I just did it for kicks and giggles to see how it went.

Oh goody! Lookie what Brill found. Idk, but it looks like a reality check! b:pleased
  • X_Kian_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Kian_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well like I said, I hope it gets level restricted in a week to a couple weeks.
    edited March 2013
    Well like I said, I hope it gets level restricted in a week to a couple weeks.

What people dont seem to understand is there is no need to level restrict it. Idk, maybe peeps live at FC on other servers. I cant say. But Snowy Village is, was, and will be in a state of sickness until new people to the game progress to the level to go.

New people to the game would have already had to survive having DQ points reduced to a value of 1 coin each - and Im sorry but the nice coins you get from quests, they just arent nice enough to make up the difference - but anyway...

they have to have already survived sheer and complete loneliness, and/or a boatload of **** attitudes from everyone they meet. They some tough die-hard PWI newbies, no doubt! *thumbs up*

And now, the rest of the game, in the best interest of these poor souls, wants to take away their ability to hyper in FC, IF they save up tons of DQ points so they can actually buy dem some heads.

Yeah...I get it! Big help there! Cool!

But I hope nobody gets too upset if they dont take a second to thank you for that, on their way out. b:chuckle

Good luck!
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i do what i have to do to make money, not cheating not stealing and all of you biast nabs know for a FACT that you yourself have used fc before, isnt it he who is without sin cast the first stone? i think its funny how 90% of people have used fc to level but ridicule others for doing exactly what they do, u guys are a joke, squad me dont squad me i dont care im not here to make your game play easier.

Actually the only time i have ever been in fc was when it was a farming instance and not this piece of **** exp instance. Once it got changed i never set foot in there. I get all my levels from quests and BHs or i just grind for a few hours if i cant find a sqaud for bh that day on that character. None of my characters will ever set foot in that dam instance ever idc how long it takes me to level. I just enjoy the fun i have doing it and getting closer to my goal. Getting it in just a week would make me feel like **** and make it feel like i cheated myself. Idk how you people feel joy or get amusement from leveling so fast and skipping over 90% of the game. I dont think i will ever understand this new generation of players *sighs*
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • TigerGut - Heavens Tear
    TigerGut - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    should have seen my reaction the first time did fc with hypers
    " Holy ****"
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    .... um .... yeah. That's what I said, wasn't it?

Ignoring doesn't mean not having read it. It means not addressing the body of the work. Did I really need to explain that?

And since that was apparently necessary, I guess I should preempt the next confused giggle by saying addressing this post is not the same as addressing that one. And that this reply isn't addressing that body of what you wrote. Did I miss anything that you might need explained?

shhh shhhh *pats your head* it's ok don't be so serious b:pleased. I hope this post will not invoke more emotional reasoning for you to respond to my sarcasm.