Can you do nirvana without aps classes?

WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary
WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
What would be your minimum requirement for doing nirvana from start to finish, including any extra bosses? I'd bring a cleric, a barb, and a mystic but hey I've never done it so it can't be that hard.

I choose non aps roles, because I really don't like sins. Maybe if one was wearing all morai gear he or she might be cool.

What would your recommendations be for a slow, sluggish, but doable nirvana squad?

b:chuckle
Post edited by WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:shocked people who still do nirvana while NW is around?
    Anyway, you only state you dislike sins for no obvious reason just like every other sin disliker out there.

Considering your title "without aps classes" that would rule out BM's as well since they APS'd in nirvana as well.

All classes can run it, it'll just take longer.

And if anything if you really don't like APS classes, why not do caster nirvana?
  • WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary
    WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, I did state I never did normal nirvana before. XD

I dislike sins in pwi for much the same reason I dislike snipers in unmentionable games. They are often used by people who brag a lot and belittle others. I guess its more of an attitude and envy problem. I've actually rerolled a sin 10 times and none of those alts felt right to me :(

After I hit 100 - 101 and have most of my skills maxed so I don't humiliate myself, I guess I'll try to go for caster nirvana then.

About nation wars. I just do really really horrible there. I enjoy blaming my internet connection. What really happens is my luck finds me going against classes that can one shot me for 60k or more. While I don't have too much dignity or pride left, it still just gets to me.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes you can, only takes a lil bit longer b:nosebleed
    Also i think its better to grind for DQ, sell drops and buy the nirvana crystals........
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    What would be your minimum requirement for doing nirvana from start to finish, including any extra bosses? I'd bring a cleric, a barb, and a mystic but hey I've never done it so it can't be that hard.

I choose non aps roles, because I really don't like sins. Maybe if one was wearing all morai gear he or she might be cool.

What would your recommendations be for a slow, sluggish, but doable nirvana squad?

A squad of people that are familiar with the instance, with what needs to be done, and actually know how to play their classes in a squad setting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013

So you would rather run with an under geared sin just because you hate some of the fools that play them b:surrender. You do realize that most of the original and newer aps sins are just rerolled buttholes that played before. The class did not make them that way.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The biggest challenge wont be aps or no aps, but to find people that want to go. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The biggest challenge wont be aps or no aps, but to find people that want to go. xD

True that b:chuckle, but would be fun
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm on your server o.o Can I go if I regear to full g16? :P
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2013

This b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As has been stated, any squad can do Nirvana if they're competent. You just have to be willing to take longer than your average twitchy squad, which you already seems to have done. :)

But as for NW... don't forget that damage taken increases your contribution. Once you hit endgame, you can optimize your build for more vit rather than damage and soak up more HP per death, then add in crabmeats/ToP/etc for additional contribution. This is how barbs do well in NW; they stay up for longer and take more damage in the process. My barb can get 7-9k contrib on a good day, despite his damage output being total ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My barb can get 7-9k contrib on a good day, despite his damage output being total ****.

What gear do you have?
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You do realize that most of the original and newer aps sins are just rerolled buttholes that played before. The class did not make them that way.

This made me lol b:laugh

If you're genuinely desperate to do vana for some incomprehensible reason now, good luck to you, but if you get an aps class I don't think you're in a position to reject them since just finding a full squad will be difficult enough.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You do realize that most of the original and newer aps sins are just rerolled buttholes that played before. The class did not make them that way.

Hell, there's buttholes that don't even play sins--loads of 'em.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    What gear do you have?
    Pretty crappy ones by modern standards, actually. :) (some gears slightly adjusted to simulate neck engrave and exclusive shard)

A barb's contribution comes more from taking damage than dealing it. I've got 20k base HP, Cornered Beast and ToP for buffing the amount of HP absorbed per death. Hell, I don't even use a charm. I tend to run a lot of flags these days, which always seem to involve me getting in enough fights to get decent contrib... but if I find myself in a position where I haven't done much in the current battle, all I have to do is run out from the flag spawns and **** off the nearest Wizzy/Psy. :P The only place I don't get decent contrib is where my side is spawn-killing the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    " Can you do nirvana without aps classes?" yes, perhaps the question is more a case of would you?
  • TigerGut - Heavens Tear
    TigerGut - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    in the old days there was no aps and we got along just fine
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • TigerGut - Heavens Tear
    TigerGut - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013

sure its faster but it takes the challenge and the feel of accomplishment away
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You can't exclude players, judging them purely on their gear and class, and then claim that aps classes belittle others. You're doing the exact same thing.

Often I find it's the 4k hp undergeared non aps players who are over-arrogant, expect special treatment and cause the most trouble in squads. Bad aps players do exist but bad players exist in every class. On the other hand I've met a whole bunch of aps and also r9 players who are decent friendly people. Good sins are one of my favourite classes to work with.

Often I find the dislike towards aps/r9 classes stems from a jealousy when a player is unable to achieve similar gear or damage and wants the same level of acceptance in squads. Vana without any high dps would be rather hellish though. The bosses have buckets of HP and some, like the runner boss and phoenix have nasty mechanics if you drag a fight out too long. I'd recommend swallowing your pride and taking 1 good sin, 1 good bm, and whoever else you like after that.
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013

think can go a lot faster now with r9 3rd cast.
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    just cos you enjoy 2 min run donnt mean we all do.

to me sound like pure greed
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can't exclude players, judging them purely on their gear and class, and then claim that aps classes belittle others. You're doing the exact same thing.

Often I find it's the 4k hp undergeared non aps players who are over-arrogant, expect special treatment and cause the most trouble in squads. Bad aps players do exist but bad players exist in every class. On the other hand I've met a whole bunch of aps and also r9 players who are decent friendly people. Good sins are one of my favourite classes to work with.

Often I find the dislike towards aps/r9 classes stems from a jealousy when a player is unable to achieve similar gear or damage and wants the same level of acceptance in squads. Vana without any high dps would be rather hellish though. The bosses have buckets of HP and some, like the runner boss and phoenix have nasty mechanics if you drag a fight out too long. I'd recommend swallowing your pride and taking 1 good sin, 1 good bm, and whoever else you like after that.

i was refiring to this post

and all that op gear make u do what

you must love feeling like a god running pve with that type of gear to me sound like boring pve when ur over geared.

no chance of fying take away all the challange away but hey go go with ur 1 min run
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nation Wars.

This thread is now pointless.
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This thread is not pointless :D

Nirvy will be 'revamped' one day.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    This thread is not pointless :D

Nirvy will be 'revamped' one day.

Make it so, my minion.
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Make it so, my minion.

Who's the minion here? b:scorn
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Who's the minion here? b:scorn

You, of course.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Make it so, my minion.

Pleasegodno.

I've seen enough of the inside of that place to last me the rest of my life. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    b:shutup ''Is eternally astounded on someone trying to revive the most biased farming spot in PWi''
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    A sound rule in theory, until you consider that aps classes never had a problem getting Nirvana squads whereas non-aps classes always had a problem (especially a non-aps physical class who wasn't even able to do caster nirv). Even in modern BHs, this happens. Every day you have, say, Abbadon as the BH, you'll have someone running a 5-second boss kill squad made entirely of aps people. There's no need for that kind of behavior, and if someone chooses to use some corrective action by prioritizing non-aps classes, more power to them. Hell, I'll still allow aps people into my BH squads. They just don't get priority. That's more than I can say for aps squads.
    Define "special treatment" in this context. What would a non-aps person be asking for here that makes you dislike them more? I can't say I know how it works on LC, but in my experience the smarter players are always the non-aps people. You learn to be more resourceful and adaptable when you have to rely on something other than broken gears to carry you through your runs.
    I've done Nirvana with as few as one aps person (and possibly none, but I have no specific memory of such). It's entirely doable without them... you just have to have some common sense and a strategy other than "kill it before it can even challenge you in the way it was designed to."

While there are certainly people who project their jealousy onto those with higher gear, you should never assume that this is the case with everyone. Some of us actually do make an informed choice not to use aps/r9 gears because of how broken they are. Again this might be a server thing, because on a PVP server you're probably not likely to get many "not-broken by choice" folks... but as the one on the PVE server here, trust me when I say they're more common then you think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters: