Endgame weapons.

LIO_SWRD - Archosaur
LIO_SWRD - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Seeker
Hey, I've been wondering about endgame weapons (Lvl100+) cause I have a lot of doubts about them. I've heard Seekers use R8 usually (Effectivity). But I know there's a lot of good weapons, I've heard Morai G16 it's comparable to R8 in therms of PvP and better in PvE. I've also seen that Autumn Crescent, Halfway Galaxy and Infinite Longing are pretty popular. But I wanted to know what to chose. (Note: I'm a Demon Seeker, so if any Demon one is in the mood for answering me in a more precise point for the Demon side I would be grateful). Hope you guys can help me!b:bye
Post edited by LIO_SWRD - Archosaur on

Comments

• Niobus - Archosaur
    Niobus - Archosaur Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, there are a lot nice weapons..
    For your decision: First criteria is the money. If you have enough go R9 -> RRR9. At the moment R9 or its recast are the strongest weapons since they have GoF on it, and a lot of Attack lvl, which makes them first choice.

If you don't have enough money for that you have the next choice: PvE only or PvP?
    If you only PvE you can go for G15 morei. That weapon is the cheapest of the lvl 100 weapons and its dmg is comparable with R9(without the GoF Effect) I had these weapon myself and its nice.

If you PvP you will find its dmg quite low in PvP, so you should get one other weapon. R8 is a nice weapon and it's dmg is slightly higher than G15 Nirvana. So if you plan on going R9 you can get R8 first and use it till you can afford R9(that's what I recommend).

If you say I will never go R9 but want a strong weapon -> you should get 3d recast Nirvana. for that molds blade/sword have the weaker dmg, but hit faster. So they are better for a playstile that doesn't use Skills often. As seeker I would prefer/recommend to use skills so the dual blade/dual sword are more interesting. I think that makes them the best choice in that way.

One more weapon should be named RR8. These weapon is also good if you chose the Reputation way. It is dmg wise somewhere between Nirvana 2nd recast and 3d recast if I am not wrong. It can get GoF so if you go Reputation way it is a good way to update the R8..

One last weapon: Warsoul. I don't have it but the attack lvls on that weapon if recasted are really nice. So That weapon is definitly a Endgame weapon too. I would say it hits harder than 3d recast nirvana. But anyway if you managed to save the money for that weapon save a bit longer and go R9... But anyway it is the weapon I would say hits hardest below R9.

I hope that helped you a bit
  • LIO_SWRD - Archosaur
    LIO_SWRD - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, there are a lot nice weapons..
    For your decision: First criteria is the money. If you have enough go R9 -> RRR9. At the moment R9 or its recast are the strongest weapons since they have GoF on it, and a lot of Attack lvl, which makes them first choice.

If you don't have enough money for that you have the next choice: PvE only or PvP?
    If you only PvE you can go for G15 morei. That weapon is the cheapest of the lvl 100 weapons and its dmg is comparable with R9(without the GoF Effect) I had these weapon myself and its nice.

If you PvP you will find its dmg quite low in PvP, so you should get one other weapon. R8 is a nice weapon and it's dmg is slightly higher than G15 Nirvana. So if you plan on going R9 you can get R8 first and use it till you can afford R9(that's what I recommend).

If you say I will never go R9 but want a strong weapon -> you should get 3d recast Nirvana. for that molds blade/sword have the weaker dmg, but hit faster. So they are better for a playstile that doesn't use Skills often. As seeker I would prefer/recommend to use skills so the dual blade/dual sword are more interesting. I think that makes them the best choice in that way.

One more weapon should be named RR8. These weapon is also good if you chose the Reputation way. It is dmg wise somewhere between Nirvana 2nd recast and 3d recast if I am not wrong. It can get GoF so if you go Reputation way it is a good way to update the R8..

One last weapon: Warsoul. I don't have it but the attack lvls on that weapon if recasted are really nice. So That weapon is definitly a Endgame weapon too. I would say it hits harder than 3d recast nirvana. But anyway if you managed to save the money for that weapon save a bit longer and go R9... But anyway it is the weapon I would say hits hardest below R9.

I hope that helped you a bit

Tyvm I'm hopping i can afrod g15 Morai as I don't have that much money for r9 :D Thank you for your help!b:victory
  • Taco_Limey - Harshlands
    Taco_Limey - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was like you in deciding a wep. But what did was before NW I had r8 then with guild I got recast r8. Then when 3rd nirv came out I got g16 infinite longing. Then when NW came out I got tokens made items and sold them and saved up for rank 9 and sold the wep later on. So now I have rank9 and I didn't cash shop it. And rank 9 is worth it just need to get the full set to get the feel for it
    Taco_Limey: Harshlands 102 Rank 9 Seeker
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't go wrong with a +12 R8 sword and +75 atk gems. Its still stronger than my +10 R9 sword because of that.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't go wrong with a +12 R8 sword and +75 atk gems. Its still stronger than my +10 R9 sword because of that.

Just.... no ._.
    +12ing your R8 is the stupidest idea ever, such a waste of money!!
    -the only people who where allowed to do this is the people who had R8 before R9 came out<.<.
    And your R9 sword is still better than your R8, even if you say it your R8 hits harder, R9 has a little thing called "God of Frenzy" or "Zerk" which just so happens to give you a chance to hit double damage, which... Is super OP, and is worth losing a bit of damage for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Just.... no ._.
    +12ing your R8 is the stupidest idea ever, such a waste of money!!
    -the only people who where allowed to do this is the people who had R8 before R9 came out<.<.
    And your R9 sword is still better than your R8, even if you say it your R8 hits harder, R9 has a little thing called "God of Frenzy" or "Zerk" which just so happens to give you a chance to hit double damage, which... Is super OP, and is worth losing a bit of damage for.
    I had R8 before R9 came out - aka I was with the bunch waiting forever for it to be released. My seeker is also a "day 1 genesis" seeker ^^;; *feels old*

And you're right but only when GoF procs. It's all good though, I use my R9 sword when Im not farming dq or questing.

There is transferring refinement but you should already know the deal with that lol.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Really only applies to PK/pvp situations
    R8 swords with 25+ defense levels is very nice...probably good enough to +4 or +5 them (no orbs or don't) generally when i use to play pwi i used this weapon when (all pk situations)
    1. i am trying to get chi and waiting for skill cooldowns(playing defensively spamming skills for chi, not really using any of my chi consuming skills)
    2. gearing up for good combo finishing move. For those hard to kill, long fight targets. R9.3: bms/barbs/seeker/those sage sins that really know how to keep you immobilized) Sac Slash (debuff boosted by r8r weapon, then switch to ur dd weapon) may be the only way you take this targets down..without GoF, expect long fight. (p.s. i wouldnt use sacrificial slash on seeker or sins...just don't if a r9.3 seeker uses it on you, send it back to them edgeblur and they're dead doesnt matter how powerful they are)
    3. I am aware that the player i am pking can kill me really fast if given the chance (R9.3: aps sins/wiz/mystics/clerics/seekers(with GoF) or +12 caster dds)
    -player I'm pking hits very hard ill use weapon to stay alive (i'll still be hitting hard my self with r8 swords because seekers are hard hitters, but i wont hit hard enough to kill them, just tick their charms) - after a while when i know what to do to kill them ill debuff and switch to g16 sword and hopefully i kill them b4 they kill me. After I'm done with that combo ill usually switch back to r8.
    4. Group PK situations where ull be getting ganged alot, learn when to switch between defensive/offensive weapons or when you know you're about to get debuffed or enemy is about to use ultimate skill on you

P.S. if you have r9 swords you should always use those, simply because the GoF proc can kill the person you're pking. i would only use r8 defense lvl sword for sacrificial slash debuffing. But method of learning to switch between those weapons if you don't have r9 is highly effective way to kill r9/r9.3 players and **** anyone that isnt >.> but if the r9.3 is +12 magic user...defense level wont save u lol if you're not r9.3 armor chances are ull die unless they suck. With the right amount of defense on a gear...skill/smarts will outweigh op gear
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dont ever considered +12ing R8 gear lol..
    Some seeker in our server has, but that because R9 seeker gear wasnt out yet at the time.

It all depends on how much you willing to spend.

R8 was good at its time before G16 nirvana came out.

Seekers need GoF, enough said~ It just makes life easier in PVP against other R9 or RRR9s or extremely tanky g16 nirvana gear people.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Ok then don't listen to my suggestion. It was purely on unfortunate experience anyway. I still want my R9 to be +12 but that's not happening anytime soon. And I dont pvp.
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok then don't listen to my suggestion. It was purely on unfortunate experience anyway. I still want my R9 to be +12 but that's not happening anytime soon. And I dont pvp.

nono~ not saying R8 is bad or anything
    I'm one of ''old'' seekers that got R8+10 and Dot'ing my r8 gear lol...
    Hits hard and stable damage, I really like R8 sword, I use it every now and again for fun.
    and not many seekers these days use r8 sword, they all use g16 nirv..
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    If you mean those super powered dual swords, yeah I want those, yum yum yum.