Does Mindshatter debuff help barbs?

soundslegit
soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Barbarian
Does the seeker Mindshatter debuff amp barb damage? I know barbs have the Poison Fang skill which adds wood damage to their attacks and wonder if the Mindshatter debuff amps this damage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by soundslegit on

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Does the seeker Mindshatter debuff amp barb damage? I know barbs have the Poison Fang skill which adds wood damage to their attacks and wonder if the Mindshatter debuff amps this damage.

It does, but its hard to tell that it does. It's also not a big deal for Barbs either. As far as Ive been able to tell, it only really affects us in terms of the mob's resistance being lowered, as our skills are not Wood in nature so we do not get the other bonuses.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It does, but its hard to tell that it does. It's also not a big deal for Barbs either. As far as Ive been able to tell, it only really affects us in terms of the mob's resistance being lowered, as our skills are not Wood in nature so we do not get the other bonuses.

Wow. I have actively played my seeker for about the last... 15 months? And like Maelael I thought this was a 35%-50% debuff. I know Heart Shatter and Soul Shatter are amps but Mind Shatter is actually a crit rate increase. Soul Shatter is a crit rate increase, too.

I can't verify anything but I'd guess not. Our buff probably just doesn't qualify as a wood skill, since its just a passive buff. Similarly our auto attacks don't get the Heart Shatter amp because they're physical damage, not a skill.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow. I have actively played my seeker for about the last... 15 months? And like Maelael I thought this was a 35%-50% debuff. I know Heart Shatter and Soul Shatter are amps but Mind Shatter is actually a crit rate increase. Soul Shatter is a crit rate increase, too.

I can't verify anything but I'd guess not. Our buff probably just doesn't qualify as a wood skill, since its just a passive buff. Similarly our auto attacks don't get the Heart Shatter amp because they're physical damage, not a skill.

Yea it does multiple things - lowers the defenses, but also ups the amount of damage and increases crit rate. So it will up the wood damage from the bonus, but not by as much as a pure wood skill.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5