Gluttonfowl question

soundslegit
soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
I have the cards to do the Gluttonfowl boss in delta and want to know if I can go in with a squad and just do the boss or do I have to start the delta quest too.

I've searched the forums and asked in fac so search police please find something else to do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by soundslegit on

Comments

• GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The summonobot for Gluttonfowl will only appear after completion of wave 2 in the Valley of Reciprocity.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Unicorn_Forest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the cards to do the Gluttonfowl boss in delta and want to know if I can go in with a squad and just do the boss or do I have to start the delta quest too.

I've searched the forums and asked in fac so search police please find something else to do.

The Birdie will only appear after ya beat wave 2, just to warn you now. He's a pain in the tail if ya haven't fought him before.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, Pdef debuff/physical damage AOE (like Jewelscalen) which interrupts BB, and flying so you have to pull him to ground for the melees to be effective.

The bot for the other Delta card boss appears after wave 3 boss is defeated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, he's a stunning surprise. And you either have to finish all the waves; or risk the devastator turning up and blowing you all away when you fail one because you're busying with glutton.

Evil birdy boss!
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so you have to pull him to ground for the melees to be effective.

The panda would also suggest not to forget to pull em down if you want to collect them sweet sweet drops. b:cute
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, he's a stunning surprise. And you either have to finish all the waves; or risk the devastator turning up and blowing you all away when you fail one because you're busying with glutton.

Evil birdy boss!

You can also pull him into the mirror room (where you summon the mirror princess, for a "save the princess" culti).
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Finally killed him, here's what I learned:

There is almost zero interest in doing this boss even if you offer random drops. The only person who would come with me from my fac and friends list was a cleric doing it just to be friendly she didn't want the drops and even tried to give what she got to me after the end.

Since you need 6 ppl to open delta I figured I'd round up four people from WC to go with me and cleric friend. I linked the gluttonfowl thing in each WC and said the squad was for W2 and cardboss, random drops. Get a squad of 6 keep linking the gluttonfowl thing and telling them what we are doing. Get inside tell everyone to stay by auras we are doing cardboss. All of them suddenly say whats a cardboss, what is that what are you talking about. Despite all my effort to be clear. They all start running to the spawn point. I say come back we are doing it here they keep running. I start the quest figuring if its started and the seeker and the cleric are by the eye they will change their mind. Nope. They all run to spawn points like robots so I gave up and went after them. Had to fight first wave partway to spawn point but that wave is easy.

So we finally kill W2 boss and everyone leaves but the barb and my cleric friend. We run to summonbot and call up gluttonfowl boss. After we all wipe three times barb gives up, I don't blame him. So now its just me and cleric friend. Eventually the waves stop coming. I don't remember the exact timing but eventually they stopped. I think they still came a little after harpy was dead so I don't think that triggered it. Anyway I had thought we could lure Gluttonfowl to the wall and avoid the waves but thats impossible. Was going to quit when the waves stopped coming and decided to keep going.

After dying roughly one billion times we realize we can't do this without auras and go pick beans. That obviously takes a while. Looking back we should have been picking beans while waiting for the waves to stop coming. With a pdef aura up that doubles pdef we tried him again. I also had to use one of those max HP pills from the dreamchaser packs. We were able to finally kill the boss tho the poor cleric died several times from the aoe. Don't be fooled by the bosses low HP it does take a while if your not an impressive DDer. Though with a real squad it wouldn't have taken long.

Ended up with about 30 Power materials between us and some mirages. Not sure how much the Power materials are worth. If I ever do this again I will just go into it expecting to duo it at the end after everyone leaves. And will dig beans for auras while waiting for the waves to stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The mobs stop spawning when Harpy dies, but any already spawned will keep coming (each wave spawns on a 2 minute timer.)

Sounds like you were unlucky with your squad, the few times I did Gluttonfowl the whole squad stayed and helped. Also, since you're a seeker, I would have stood back and used ranged skills, and let the cleric heal me from outside AOE range (if that's possible on this boss, I'm not sure what the AOE range is... if the cleric's still being hit by AOE when both you and she are at max practical range, it would be better to close to melee range to decrease frequency of AOE.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga