List of Soloable bosses?

Options
KitsuneBlood - Archosaur
KitsuneBlood - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Venomancer
So I'm slowly finding out what bosses I can and can't solo with my veno. My main before was a BM so things aren't the same. Bosses that were easy with my BM kill my veno, and vice-versa.

Anyways, sorry if I missed it (I looked through the stickies) but is there a list somewhere that show's what bosses are solo able by a veno and what bosses aren't? Would make my life much simpler than trial and error every time someone asks for help. =P

Thanks! b:victory
Post edited by KitsuneBlood - Archosaur on

Comments

• OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think the question is if you have the time to solo a boss... Before i went for heavy armor it took years to kill a boss if it hits hard enough to make me heal the pet continuously like silver frost at the end of secret passage. So its really awkward when someone asks for help you start killing the boss and then you have to say okay come back 2 hours later and it will be killed b:surrender . If you still insist to know then i would say its possible to solo bh up to 59, and solo TT up to 3-1 and squad 1-2 tops (with walker i dont have herc but i dont think it helps too much).
  • KitsuneBlood - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well I know about bh's because I've soloed mine with a herc up to 59 as you said. And there are threads and guides about tt. I was thinking more along the lines of world bosses and such.

For example my 89 veno wasn't able to solo Jewelscalen because my flying pet couldn't tank him (sawfly is a poor tank anyways) and he debuffs your defense and hits hard with aoes. Anyways its a level 55 monster but it took me and two level 90's - a cleric and archer - to kill it. (As a side note, my BM with a healer can kill it easily).

So yeah, I'm wondering more about those types of world bosses that lowbies have trouble with.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    With herc? Just about all land bosses (excluding true world bosses, but you rarely see those nowadays and there's no lowbie quests for them) except Krimson and Volcanic Ambassador (because of pdef debuff), plus Jewelscalen if you can get someone to pull him to ground.

(With a 101 herc, I don't need to spam heal on Silverfrost anymore, and 2 hours to kill when I did is a gross exaggeration... and I am HA/AA so for Jewel and Krimson I just find a healer and tank myself.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Easier to list the few you can't.

Polearm in 69.
    (Ok, he's actually just about possible if you are VERY fast on the 'follow me' button and are willing to kite him every time he lands the debuff axe. But it's not a sane option.)

General wurlord TT2-2 and 2-3. The last boss in 2-3 (and, frankly, the penultimate one is just crazy too.)
    Most of 3-2 and almost all of 3-3 squad mode is off limits. (Though not all of it, and I don't go there often enough to remember the names.)
    Simple rule of thumb is - if it drops a high-priced item in TT, it aint veno soloable (otherwise, welll, the price would be low.)

You can't tank either FB89 at level - the frog dragon and the camel will eat you. But you can do both at a higher level.

You can plausibly do most of frost. I had a big post somewhere here listing which ones you can't. (And which are too painful)

You can't do harpy wraith :)

Several of the FB99 bosses are theoretically possible; but the ones you can't are annoyingly the earlier ones; and the later ones tend to stun and that will wreck your day, so almost certainly not worth it except for bragging rights.

All of Morai; almost all of your cultivations. The world minibosses.

the only real difficulty is finding a boss that isn't already being sin-spasmed to death.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The true question is:

What bosses are worth that long time to kill w/ herc or pet w/ herc skills VS making a BM/Sin 5aps to solo it in a WAY shorter amount of time?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Actually, you can tank Phlebo at or even below level with a herc with a second veno/mystic helping heal, and solo Ethereal Abomination at or even below level if you are heavy (did both, died a time or two on Abom when he decided to chew on me through random aggro rather than just hit me with AOE.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It all depends on the veno, technique, etc. I've soloed many bosses venos with much better gear said couldn't be done.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Depend of your lvl, gears and how you do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • KitsuneBlood - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    What bosses are worth that long time to kill w/ herc or pet w/ herc skills VS making a BM/Sin 5aps to solo it in a WAY shorter amount of time?
    Because this is the venomancer forum and I'm asking about what a venomancer can do? And I actually do have a BM the same level as my veno, but I'm a long way from 5 aps and being able to solo any boss unless I severely out level it.

To respond to the others I'm at lvl 89 (about to hit 90) and have about ~18% channeling. Gear is arcane but a bit underleveled... I'm working on that one. Level 90 will give me my next rank armor and a mix of tt90 or legendaries/magic/3* for the rest depending on what I need. Shards are mostly hp but I have defense in my shoes atm. I'm trying to decide which will help me tank hits better. Sword is Requiem Blade. But this is all relative. I'm more interested in what is reasonable. If I have to be lvl 100 with rank ix to kill something that's really not practical.
  • tweakz
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You can't tank either FB89 at level - the frog dragon and the camel will eat you. But you can do both at a higher level.

On Phlebo you need to recall pet when it buffs then send back in when done. On Ethereal you can kite boss until pet gets aggro back and it may help to hide behind obstacles.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You'll have trouble with phlebo and serious trouble with the dragonny thingy; but they're in "Give it a try" range, then - certainly with a gear bump.

I think I started tanking them reliably around level 93 ish. I had a little more channel than you' but not a lot more.

TT you're not going to be able to do much of 3-x and some of 2-3 is off limits. (You probably CAN do the lion, and the pony. But I'm not sure about the monkey. Certainly not warlurd.)

2-2 puts monkey and puppy in reach.

(The pony boss, to the left of, or immediately after, warlurd is a venomancer-tame boss. Remember your fox-form and leech leech leech.)
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

You can't do harpy wraith :)

All of Morai; almost all of your cultivations.

Harpy can be solo'd by a veno. The first time she was killed was by a veno with a fully buffed herc and a crazy plan.

The Morai map bosses are soloable, so are the culti bosses on the map (not easily).
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm the veno with herc 101lvl. Herc has 3 standard skills Strong, Protect and Reflect as 4th skill I put there Blessing of The Pack (HP buff). The list of those bosses is really long but in short it's something like that:

- All bosses TT from 1-1 to 2-2 in sq mode, 2-3 I'm not touching Ancient Evil rest is possible... Wurlord is possible if u are the puller (zeal) and u have some items with - chanelling (at max i have -45% on my standard eq -27%). 3-1 i'm not doing Dark Colluseast and Steelation... had few attempts with Steelation but at best attempt he killed me when 200k hp left on him b:sad ... higher i'm not doing coz i don't need it ;p

- Culti everything what you need... problem can be bosses with Pdef and Mdef debuff like Cenequus Polearm (FB69) or Gaurnob Cloister Guard (FB99 Abaddon) with those u will need some help. I have not tried tank SoT.

-Morai - all.

-Chrono World Cutli - all (checked till 3rd map).

-Daily Q with maps/chest on the all world (don't remember the name of Q) all bosses are possible to do.

-Lunar solo mode it's not a problem b:chuckle

-All from Tideborn Chain Q (vel. Goshiki) for last boss enough is lvl 80 plumpfish.
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I found that the only bosses I couldn't tank / solo is the ones with AOE attack. I am cute and fuffly. I have a glass jaw. But i'm only 85 so I am sure the bosses down the line will be harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • tweakz
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I found that the only bosses I couldn't tank / solo is the ones with AOE attack. I am cute and fuffly. I have a glass jaw. But i'm only 85 so I am sure the bosses down the line will be harder.

Heard of ranged pet?
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Heard of ranged pet?

Those are really squishy so there is no way they can withstand aoe that kills the veno.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*