Am i the only veno with weird pet attachments ?

Options
LadyBats - Archosaur
LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Venomancer
Everyone seems to either use a herc or a crystal mag, and nothing else(ok, you get the occasional knowlin). I however, have used my darling precious sable minkii since the word go and have a hoot playing with him. I know my veno is still very much low level, but i doubt i will ever stop using him. He's never failed me yet, and we have done pretty much every dungeon/fb/bh with just the two of us....*cough* i may have used my main account to farm reflect and strong for him >.> *cough*

Every time i use him in a party people are like "Omg, why are you using that thing." *I buff him* "Why did you buy those books for him?!"

Because i love him! Thats why!
Post edited by LadyBats - Archosaur on

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    :DDD I went through using only a redtail minkii till like level 70 something, too!
    And minkiis are wonderful pets, they have the ninth highest physical defence of all tameable pets in the game :3!
    I always wanted to buy mine(his name is Lanturn) books but then I eventually started using my nixie and Derjan and stuff OTL Lan' still comes in handy for when I'm harvesting materials nowadays, though, and it's always great to have him summoned 'cause~.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Actually people not using a herc use a glacial walker, I'm like I think the only one with still a magmite. :x

I do use my herc and nix, but still have my old pets in bag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    :DDD I went through using only a redtail minkii till like level 70 something, too!
    And minkiis are wonderful pets, they have the ninth highest physical defence of all tameable pets in the game :3!
    I always wanted to buy mine(his name is Lanturn) books but then I eventually started using my nixie and Derjan and stuff OTL Lan' still comes in handy for when I'm harvesting materials nowadays, though, and it's always great to have him summoned 'cause~.

hehe, i'm glad im not the only one with a fondness for minkiis. They are just so cute, i love little the snarls they make and how they pant when they walk XD. Also (sable minkii at least) are roughly the same size as me in fox form :3
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ive used a grottoden wolf master since around lev 25 or so. I'm almost lev 102 and he's still my primary pet, though I do have a dino. Why? Simply because he's awesome b:victory. He knows what I want him to do and he does it, he also doesn't go down as easy as some people think.

The dino on the other hand annoys me. His roar keeps **** up pulls and getting him killed on high damage mobs b:angry. I will have to get rid of it at some point but the next skill in line, peirce, will still be annoying when it comes to pulling.

As for magmite, as an HA veno I don't need a tank pet, same goes for herc.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Everyone seems to either use a herc or a crystal mag, and nothing else(ok, you get the occasional knowlin). I however, have used my darling precious sable minkii since the word go and have a hoot playing with him. I know my veno is still very much low level, but i doubt i will ever stop using him. He's never failed me yet, and we have done pretty much every dungeon/fb/bh with just the two of us....*cough* i may have used my main account to farm reflect and strong for him >.> *cough*

Every time i use him in a party people are like "Omg, why are you using that thing." *I buff him* "Why did you buy those books for him?!"

That's awesome b:victory

One of my favorite pets that I keep around, and like to use whenever the situation allows me to, is my frog. Not only is he cute but I like to think of him as my character's "familiar". I have fun role-playing as a witch in-game, and if anyone has a problem with my froggie, then I have fun role-playing as a itch b:chuckle
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Ooohh nice! Having unique pets is always awesome, and is one of the reasons why I leveled my venomancer to endgame in the first place. I don't have a herc/golem pet, but I do have the following:

- Armored Bear (buffed with herc skills): level 100
    - Sharptooth Wofling (buffed with Claw and also has Bloodthrist): level 100
    - Billabong Rhinodrake (caught at level 7 in Bamboo Village): level 100
    - Tabby Plumdrop (has Penetrate skill): level 100
    - Cuddly Pup: level 100
    - Windwalking Piggy: level 100
    - Celestial Cactopod: level 100 *my pulling pet :o
    - Oddfoot Lord (caught in The Valley of Disaster): level 91
    - Celestial Plumpfish: level 83, because it's such a pain to level water pets

I love it when I surprise people with my buffed bear, because it can tank almost anything that a herc can with the full buffs on. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    My veno doesn't use pets D:
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well, I do use same pet as I did from low level, a Tabby Plumdrop lvl 101 with Claw :x I love it cause its cute and people dun expect it to actually kill the lower levels in PvP related stuff either. so they let it be
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    FEAR MY OVERCLOCKED MECHRAB OF DOOM!b:victory
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    101 seamonster guardian b:cool
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I tend to grow attached to the pets I use although not as much as I used to.

Back in the days I was really really attached to my pets (especially my Shaodu Cub) and I absolutely loved taming various pets, trying them out etc. but as I approached endgame I ended up focusing on certain pets and I slowly lost interest at endgame since the pets are pretty weak nowadays. I have also lost my attachment to them since I don't use them as much anymore.

I'm looking forward the next expansion so we can get the new pets and upgraded system. It will definitely breath life into the pet system for Venomancers and get me excited again.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Primary Pet, Darkbreed Wolfkin
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Womansley - Sanctuary
    Womansley - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Pets have become quite obsolete nowadays. I still enjoy this aspect of playing a venomancer but this ultimately led me to just having the pet stand next to me on manual while it idly earned experience during my dailies run. Only recently did I finally finish levelling my pets. I now have a complete collection of level 100 rare pets, a bunny, a cactus (for pulling), and my non-100 plumpfish. In addition to the herc, nix, and dino.
    My personal favorite has always been the froggy because he's so cute.
    By the way I never felt attached to a mystic's pets like I do a veno, even though I did play mystic as my main for a while. Could be for a variety of reasons like not being able to name them, not raising them, not having to worry about loyalty, etc.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Seamonster Guardian! <3
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    b:victory use whatever pet you want and dont let anyone tell you its fail

example:
    at high lvls against R9s in NW pets get 1 shooted anyways or they don't even bother cause they don't hit hard with so much def they got

so use whatever b:cool
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I now have a 101 herc and nix on my veno but have all of my old pets that i used before ever getting the legendary pets. 7 of them still sit in egg form in my bank just because I cannot bare to part with them. I keep thinking about npcing them for room but when i attempt to do it I just can't lol. Weird attachment to pixels but yeah :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Even if getting sentimental attachments to a normal pet was bad, very soon all pets will become much stronger. I think even normal pets will do superb in most situations, but of course legendary pet will be even better.
  • Carolia - Dreamweaver
    Carolia - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, I'm currently still using my Varicose Scorpion I got from the beginners quest. My goal in this game however is to get a cuddly pup as a fighting pet to the maximum level and also use him as a baby pet...

I just can't seem to find anyone selling them cheap :3

(I have issues with dogs :3 so so so cute~)
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, I'm currently still using my Varicose Scorpion I got from the beginners quest. My goal in this game however is to get a cuddly pup as a fighting pet to the maximum level and also use him as a baby pet...

I just can't seem to find anyone selling them cheap :3

(I have issues with dogs :3 so so so cute~)

Taming your own pet is free :)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1117621
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I personally use a Tabby Plumdrop to this day, still.
    It never failed me, since it is surprisingly quite strong, much stronger than what people expect, and its agility make it a good, swift lurer too.

It is also the first rare I ever successfully tamed, so my attachment to it is really, really strong too. <3
    People always say that I should be getting the little white Shaodu bear or a golem but, they have to wait to see my kitty in action, she's got a brave heart and more determination than what first meets the eye!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]