Sot Bugged?!!

Options
_Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
_Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
The new quest line to get the newer fox form tells you to go to SOT and a guild will meet you there. It implies you should enter, but as soon as I did I had my screen shrink down and an error pop up. I was unable to log back in without the same problem. Basically it let me just in the door then error...so unless a GM is able to move me without me being logged in...that toon is S.O.L....after how much money into the game, and about 3 years of playing...not acceptable. Anyone else have this happen?!! Whatever the situation, I read we are not able to learn other skills after we learn this...I would have been very upset if I had that happen as well. Please fix these bugs and/or give any info available? My apologies if these subjects are in another post...b:kiss
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I and many others have finished the quest with no problem at all just fyi.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Have you tried verifying your client?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Have you tried verifying your client?

yush, tyb:surrendermight be forever stuck in the doorwayb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    yush, tyb:surrendermight be forever stuck in the doorwayb:shocked

Uninstall and reinstall?
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I and many others have finished the quest with no problem at all just fyi.

hmmm....why is it always me?! lol...I will hurry up and waitb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Uninstall and reinstall?

Oh noes!!!! Weaksauce!!!~b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The new quest line to get the newer fox form tells you to go to SOT and a guild will meet you there. It implies you should enter, but as soon as I did I had my screen shrink down and an error pop up. I was unable to log back in without the same problem. Basically it let me just in the door then error...so unless a GM is able to move me without me being logged in...that toon is S.O.L....after how much money into the game, and about 3 years of playing...not acceptable. Anyone else have this happen?!! Whatever the situation, I read we are not able to learn other skills after we learn this...I would have been very upset if I had that happen as well. Please fix these bugs and/or give any info available? My apologies if these subjects are in another post...b:kiss

Anyone else get a forced vacation without being banned?!!! PWI I would like you to give back the toon you kidnapped kkthxb:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Definitely, please submit a ticket about this issue.

Also, any additional details you can provide about your character, your computer hardware, etc. will help us figure out what happened, and how we can fix it.

Really sorry to hear about your trouble =/

- Val
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Worked just fine for me. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Fussible - Heavens Tear
    Fussible - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
  • crazicuki
    crazicuki Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Get a new pc

Don't have to blame me when the rest of that account works...it is not the computer. I have had my toon eaten by the game!!! Truly it holds me hostage!!! No I am not on a broken pcb:shocked PWI is there a randsome on my head?! b:chuckle ~~On Forced Vacation...not a ban!!!~~
    edited March 2013
    Options
    crazicuki wrote: »
    Don't have to blame me when the rest of that account works...it is not the computer. I have had my toon eaten by the game!!! Truly it holds me hostage!!! No I am not on a broken pcb:shocked PWI is there a randsome on my head?! b:chuckle ~~On Forced Vacation...not a ban!!!~~
    So far, no one has claimed responsibility for PWI's first toon napping, and no ransom has been demanded. _Ravenous_ is thought to be very scared, said to be held hostage in the doorway of Seat Of Torment, she is alone and would wish to see her pets taken care of until her return. At this time there are no others suspected missing. Fellow players are convinced it is a fluke, and that she will turn up, however, Cuki's friends and family are not so sure. We will try and keep you updated as this story progresses...we now return to your regularly scheduled programb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    So far, no one has claimed responsibility for PWI's first toon napping, and no ransom has been demanded. _Ravenous_ is thought to be very scared, said to be held hostage in the doorway of Seat Of Torment, she is alone and would wish to see her pets taken care of until her return. At this time there are no others suspected missing. Fellow players are convinced it is a fluke, and that she will turn up, however, Cuki's friends and family are not so sure. We will try and keep you updated as this story progresses...we now return to your regularly scheduled programb:chuckle

The "Forced Vacation" of venomancer _Ravenous_ is still under investigation. At this time, she is still being held in an undisclosed location. Last seen entering Seat Of Torment. No word on any possible witnesses, authorities say so far, this is believed to be an isolated incident. The family is asking for the communities support, and will accept kind words or huggles as this tragedy unfoldsb:cryb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    had a simular problem a long time ago when you were flying and client crashed at that spot...

the trick was then to press and keep pressed on the W key until the client crashed again as soon as your toon was selected... and after a few tries you found yourself between some "friendly" mobs but able to move again :)
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    There is a known issue that will crash your pc and keep crashing it each time u log on a particular character- not sure if that's what your encountering. If so just log on from a friends pc and move character some. Or maybe a ticket and a gm can do it for u, myself I had to use wifes pc(which is inferior to mine) to move my toon once.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    There is a known issue that will crash your pc and keep crashing it each time u log on a particular character- not sure if that's what your encountering. If so just log on from a friends pc and move character some. Or maybe a ticket and a gm can do it for u, myself I had to use wifes pc(which is inferior to mine) to move my toon once.

TY Ear and Flame...I did write it up and for sure will try to get on a different pc, but with how long it takes to install and some personal things, that could take me forever and a day...I am a tiny bit relieved to hear I am not the only one this has happened to, and that it seems others were eventually able to play those toons again! Like I said, thank you, truly!!!b:cryb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    had a simular problem a long time ago when you were flying and client crashed at that spot...

the trick was then to press and keep pressed on the W key until the client crashed again as soon as your toon was selected... and after a few tries you found yourself between some "friendly" mobs but able to move again :)

I tried w, and s...multiple timesb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options

I think it is awesome that you guys are trying to help...any more ideas?b:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think it is awesome that you guys are trying to help...any more ideas?b:cryb:cry

OMG...this is not o.k!!! Thank you to the GM who was able to move me out of the SOT doorway, however, you neglected to mention that you did not fix the bug!!! I thought it was safe to finish the quest and now I am bugged in the same spot!!! So what do you do to get me back out, fix the bug, and how do you compensate for all the lost time? Would be one thing if I were banned, or warned not to go in....sorry but starting a new thread soon just an amber alert on SOT or something?!! Da faq??!!!b:angryb:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    OMG...this is not o.k!!! Thank you to the GM who was able to move me out of the SOT doorway, however, you neglected to mention that you did not fix the bug!!! I thought it was safe to finish the quest and now I am bugged in the same spot!!! So what do you do to get me back out, fix the bug, and how do you compensate for all the lost time? Would be one thing if I were banned, or warned not to go in....sorry but starting a new thread soon just an amber alert on SOT or something?!! Da faq??!!!b:angryb:angryb:angry

Why would you assume they fixed the bug? They can only fix bugs between maintenance...
    Granted though, this proves that the bug can reoccur. If you can reproduce the bug, it makes it easier to fix.

So, thank you for contributing to science!
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Why would you assume they fixed the bug? They can only fix bugs between maintenance...
    Granted though, this proves that the bug can reoccur. If you can reproduce the bug, it makes it easier to fix.

So, thank you for contributing to science!
    LMAO I know...facepalm...and you are welcomeb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SAPeterBurke - Heavens Tear
    SAPeterBurke - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hi, I'm Special Agent Peter Burke, PWI - Random Color division.
    I'd like you to answer few questions.
    Where were you exactly when this happened?
    Was anyone following you?
    Did you try deleting System.32 folder?
  • NeaICaffrey - Heavens Tear
    NeaICaffrey - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

That could work. What do ya think Mozzie?
  • Mozzzie - Heavens Tear
    Mozzzie - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That could work. What do ya think Mozzie?

I do not trust the seekers. I think you should try a new alias for your veno.
  • DiaBerrigan - Heavens Tear
    DiaBerrigan - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think this should be posted in Tech Support.
  • ClintonJones - Heavens Tear
    ClintonJones - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

Damn right.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Damn right.

Hate all you want I did nothing wrong...trying to warn others that if they go into SOT they will or can get stuck is compassionate...and the right thing to do, annoying or not...and if I am not mistaken, this is general discussion...as far as I am aware it is also the place where I would ask others if this has happened to them as well, to try and get this fixed...if you do not like me personally fine...then do not read this thread...ijsb:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hi, I'm Special Agent Peter Burke, PWI - Random Color division.
    I'd like you to answer few questions.
    Where were you exactly when this happened?
    Was anyone following you?

Entering the doorway to SOT,no witnesses that I am aware, and heck no I delete nothingb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options

I think the 5 of you, or the one that made 5 new toons (that play on another server btw) should grow a pair and use your mains to throw your two cents in...I haven't even played with anyone in game for over a year...I only solo... so help or shaddapp!!! (Secret Agent thing is funny tho lmao)b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Next time, port in.

Just a thought...