Which class should I play?

Options
YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear
YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
I've been gone from game for about a year, now I'm thinking of coming back and re-rolling. I'll keep my cleric as an alt or so, but I want to make a DD class, preferably caster. So it's either Wizard, Mystic, Veno or Psychic. I've also considered Archer class. I really can't decide. Which class is considered as the better one end game of these that I've mentioned. Or should I just stick to my cleric? :P
Post edited by YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Nothing wrong with cleric but if your looking to nw and stuff then archer is the obvious choice
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How about whichever class you enjoy the most?
    They are all amazing endgame, it all just comes down to the person behind the toon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear
    YggdrasiI - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Are clerics not needed in NW?

Sorry, haven't played it, so I have no clue.
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Are clerics not needed in NW?

Sorry, haven't played it, so I have no clue.

Yeah, they get points from healing and their buffs are nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How about whichever class you enjoy the most?
    They are all amazing endgame, it all just comes down to the person behind the toon.

+1, I made an archer for NW only because I enjoy the ranged PVP on them. For PVE I prefer sin/BM 5APS. You shouldn't be asking others what others think you should play, as we don't know your playstyle/preferences. Just go with the wind.
  • ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    make a barb 3r9+12 with vit stones all the way. 3.5/1.5 str/dex build....with that you cant be beaten 1v1 and in nw you will always get the best chance of scoring with the flag as long as you have a few charger orbs and go demon.

dead set on a caster? make a psy. 3r9+12 all JoSD. they are broken as all hell. most op caster class and with att/def level modification from white/black vodoo, you can be a tank or crack shot dd as well. be sure to go sage for bubbles and sov.

if neither of those suit your tastes the archer is the last option. with the purge proc on the 3r9 wpn being so unbelievably ridiculous, purge you way to victory in practically every 1v1. sage hits harder but demon has cool stuff too.

don't believe anything about what they say about skill...this is a power gamer's game. gear decides first. if that is equal then class is the next factor. if that is equal as well then the genie build is next. finally after that is when skill becomes a factor. unless ofc you and your opponent are so far seperated by level of game knowledge that it acctually affects how either of you think when you decide to pvp.

the game balance here is broken completely, hope this helps.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yay, another of these threads.

Play a few, level 60 can be done in a few days. Pick the one you like the best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neldth - Heavens Tear
    Neldth - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ogunernile wrote: »
    make a barb 3r9+12 with vit stones all the way. 3.5/1.5 str/dex build....with that you cant be beaten 1v1 and in nw you will always get the best chance of scoring with the flag as long as you have a few charger orbs and go demon.

dead set on a caster? make a psy. 3r9+12 all JoSD. they are broken as all hell. most op caster class and with att/def level modification from white/black vodoo, you can be a tank or crack shot dd as well. be sure to go sage for bubbles and sov.

if neither of those suit your tastes the archer is the last option. with the purge proc on the 3r9 wpn being so unbelievably ridiculous, purge you way to victory in practically every 1v1. sage hits harder but demon has cool stuff too.

don't believe anything about what they say about skill...this is a power gamer's game. gear decides first. if that is equal then class is the next factor. if that is equal as well then the genie build is next. finally after that is when skill becomes a factor. unless ofc you and your opponent are so far seperated by level of game knowledge that it acctually affects how either of you think when you decide to pvp.

the game balance here is broken completely, hope this helps.

Skill comes last? Please. I've been playing for 3 and a half years, skill makes a huge difference. Put a player with decent gear (Nirvana S1/S2 perhaps) who knows how to handle their class, how to utilize control/survival skills and their genie, AKA someone who knows their class, against an R9s3 Archer etc who doesn't and see who wins.

Back on topic, choose the one that you believe you'd like the best. Check skill descriptions, may give you an idea before you try a class: http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skill.php
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    MissingNo - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i would try mystic
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    -parts of the quote removed to emphasize stupidity-
    ogunernile wrote: »

Logically these can't BOTH be true. While psy, barb, and archer have obvious advantages, there is no class that can't be made OP with maxing out the gear. Saying skill is irrelevant is also kind of dumb, given even with the top gear set there are other people who ALSO have that same gear, and you have to at least deal with them. Duh.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Ray - Momaganon
    Ray - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Play the mastercard/visa class, that one is OP.
    Always man up. -> /watch?v=pvaN27TgJUc
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Choose any class you wanted to play, and learn how to use it well.

Just made a sin three days ago and is lvl 44 now purely by questing, and today in bh29 with a lvl 55 seeker, I ended up clearing most of the mobs while seeker keep dying.b:cry

I learn how to play my sin mostly from forum post/guide, and some tip from pro sin in the game.

To get some insight on the class gameplay, look at the class discussion guide.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer