Been away for a while

Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Was about 2 years since I played PWI.. Went to -removed- but playing -also removed- since release, though I thought I'd log into PWI to check out some of the new content.

I'm assuming it's just as imbalanced as it was 2 years ago.. Still wanna check though if 5.0 aps > Caster classes? I know they brought Caster Nirvana a while back.. Hmm.. Just want to see if there has been any major changes that affected the game play and its balance between classes. My main was veno btw, got a cleric, sin and mystic as well. Was thinking to play my veno a bit now and then, maybe mystic depending on what changes they brought to the the classes.

Maybe anyone could post some links to major updates as well?
*Semi retired*
Post edited by Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nation WWars(NW - PVP Farming instance, Friday and SUnday 8:20-10:20) is the main farming source now.

5APS is good for farming PVE but archers and psychichs R9 rule NW, everything is super easy to get now. NW makes everything super cheap.

We had a HUGE skill change a while ago, some skills boosted, some nerfed.

You can try NW later, but fyi expect to be spawn killed and 1 shotted no matter what class you are by R9's. There's no protection around spawn points, only a few seconds invincible buff.

A new pet you could get:

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Ancient_Derjan's_Hatchling

24-48 hour random spawn time.

And 100 venos have a new fox form, and a pet rework system will be coming eventually to make pets useful. If you have a phoenix and try to do NW, you'll have to rez it a lot, pets right now don't stand a ghost of a chance in pvp.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    APS is only good for the undergeared or unskilled in most cases as with many new gears and skills, it's either something that gives the target a defensive boost o it simply won't deal any real damage to them.

We've had a good few content updates, a new area for 95+, new skills, skill rebalances, a PvP based (kinda) farming instance, and so on and so forth.

Long story short: A LOT has changed in the past two years and if you're interested you should come give things a try.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    APS is only good for the undergeared or unskilled in most cases as with many new gears and skills, it's either something that gives the target a defensive boost o it simply won't deal any real damage to them.

What? When I played getting 4-5 aps was something expensive, so I wouldn't call it undergeared.. And it was difficult to get a squad as a caster since most wanted 5aps for quick nirvana runs, etc. Though things might have changed now, so I can't speak for it now.

We've had a good few content updates, a new area for 95+, new skills, skill rebalances, a PvP based (kinda) farming instance, and so on and so forth.

Long story short: A LOT has changed in the past two years and if you're interested you should come give things a try.

We'll I'll have some readings to do to catch up on the new content. :)
    *Semi retired*
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Was about 2 years since I played PWI.. Went to -removed- but playing -also removed- since release, though I thought I'd log into PWI to check out some of the new content.

I'm assuming it's just as imbalanced as it was 2 years ago.. Still wanna check though if 5.0 aps > Caster classes? I know they brought Caster Nirvana a while back.. Hmm.. Just want to see if there has been any major changes that affected the game play and its balance between classes. My main was veno btw, got a cleric, sin and mystic as well. Was thinking to play my veno a bit now and then, maybe mystic depending on what changes they brought to the the classes.

Maybe anyone could post some links to major updates as well?

Be careful, a lot of people's gear are god like now, so it'll take you a while to get into the shift of things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nirvana is dead.
    Lunar/Warsong have taken its place as the regular "farming instance(s)"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    What? When I played getting 4-5 aps was something expensive, so I wouldn't call it undergeared.. And it was difficult to get a squad as a caster since most wanted 5aps for quick nirvana runs, etc. Though things might have changed now, so I can't speak for it now.

When it comes to NW, for example, the typical APS geared players are just targets for everyone else. Nirvana is mostly deserted from this instance as well and it's a playground for ranged players. Warsong, Lunar, Rebirth BHs, and anti-APS bosses in BH100 have also increased the demand for casters.

Plus Nirvana gear in general is MUCH cheaper now (which is handy considering that Nirvana now has a third stage to it) so gearing up is no longer as tough as it once was.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2013
    Hmm, ok thx, seems like I have a lot to catch up on.. My veno had r8, tt99, encars hat and heaven's rage boots (i think thats how it was called xD).. Not sure if it's decent anymore?

How are mystics doing now a days? Any depend for those in squads?
    *Semi retired*
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    in lost city if you wish to relly on whats asked for party in worldchat it would be barb cleric.

sometimes i hear lf healer but rare cases so cleric still pretty much wanted for partys.

that is ofc if you wish to go with random b:laugh