Assassin Skills

SinfulLia - Archosaur
SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Assassin
Well as many people have said assassins wouldn't mind if our skills were given a bit of a boost.
So my question is this: If you could have one skill up graded what skill would it be and what would you do to it?

Personally I think if knife throw had a chance to purge it would be really great :)
Post edited by SinfulLia - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What if... there was a skill thats effect was lowering our aps or dph but raising our defenses? Similar to white voodoo, but on a per hit basis. For instance:

Raving Slash
    For the next 8 seconds you suffer a 30% loss to damage, but gain a 50% physical defense boost and 30% magic defense boost.

Cooldown 10 seconds.

I think this would be great for self controling aggro. One of the problems with lowering your damage output is you lower your paint heals and may die. So its either keep aggro and maybe die, or stop/slow down attacking and maybe die. This would give a defensive incentive to slowing down and holding back that wouldn't kill you, and its something that can be practiced as soon as you start BHs, used as a save manuever, and controllable for using a few seconds or almost spamming and able to keep up chi/sparks while lowering your dd output.

PK applications here too, increasing your def while skill spamming. Spark purify the damage reduction or have a teamed cleric do it. But, I want to consider a more pk appropriate skill I think we're missing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Unholly - Lothranis
    Unholly - Lothranis Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Personally I think if knife throw had a chance to purge it would be really great :)

You can get a bow for purge. Knife Throw with its 70-100% interrupt is tasty enough.
    Raving Slash
    For the next 8 seconds you suffer a 30% loss to damage, but gain a 50% physical defense boost and 30% magic defense boost.

Cooldown 10 seconds..

kind of like this idea, maybe with a penalty like not allowing to the sin to stealth for the duration of the buffs.

b:surrender i would really love it if they changed the buff icon for Blood Frenzy so it doesn't buff over BP, i would not even mind if they increased the Cool-down if they stoped it not overwriting base bp.
    How do i amuse myself?
    Sometimes i count to 1000 and back down again, usually i get stuck on 3

YouTube: youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's already 5 minutes so hell no for the longer cooldown b:laugh

I'd actually like if they made Blood Frenzy more potent and increased the blood suck to 50% or so since It'd be a great counter to bramble in TW/NW.

Even when sins use DPH, if the person is well geared then bramble's STILL going to destroy them and I think 20 secs of countering bramble out of 500 isn't asking for much.

I find myself having to use apoth/genie skills just to kill some well geared bramble folks in NW....and then what? Completely defenseless for the 1 minute and 25 seconds (at least) b:surrender
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like a skill that increase my detection level by 1. That's it.

Sins are the only class at 105 that can never see another 105 sin/archer in +31 stealth level stealth.

Considering that sins used to be the only class that can see people in stealth before detection pots were introduced, I think it is kind of fair.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like a skill that increase my detection level by 1. That's it.

Sins are the only class at 105 that can never see another 105 sin/archer in +31 stealth level stealth.

Considering that sins used to be the only class that can see people in stealth before detection pots were introduced, I think it is kind of fair.

Yah, we definitely need a revamp on our detection/stealth.

I thought it was great when they started introducing stealth/detection skills to other classes and detection pots seem to be the AEU reward like 50% of the time. I've killed so many sins in NW who thought stealth=escape so will stealth the stand next to you and buff while you buff and then stun them.

Mstics have Mystical eye which lists and forces stealthed player out of stealth. Seekers have Radiant Sight which allows them to see Sins stealthed one level higher than them (Level+31). Archer's also get a stealth that is level+31 and they've got a 34-40m range weapon >.< Then there is Sins who's stealth is only effected by their level and we have to also level passive skills for increased detection, even fully leveled our main stealth skills is only level+30, lower than an archer, or use our force stealth to get level+31.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very Simple, what i want:
    Demon and Sage version of Cat-Like Tread and Sharp Observer.

Cat-Like Tread Sage/Demon: Stealth level +21
    Sharp Observer Sage/Demon: Stealth Detection +31

Everytime a Cleric or sth attacks me, when i use Shadow Escape demon version, i want to rip the dev's balls off.
    Im lv 103 and still not able to hide in dangerous situations from a non sin character. Just dump
  • looken
    looken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Demon sins need a boost. for sages i vote nope. the sage skills are something you can rely on, like the tidal & focused. tidal for most part.

I mean 10% chance to dodge an attack on demon tidal, they could just done nothing with it, atleast boost it to 20%. i have all demonskills except subsea and i must say that i feel all of them are useless except shadow teleport, earthen rift and subsea. (could add nerves and shadow escape aswell since that have saved me a couple of times in cube)

either its my luck with the proc rate on the skills that is **** or its just bad

hell keep the uslessness of them and amp up the % rate. like demon PD 30% for a 3 sec skill is just bull****, 40% chance for raving to increse it to 90% slow, make it 90% from the start insted or so.

I wont even start talking about bloodpaint, maze is kinda ok but evasion is kinda **** anyway, shadow walk i dont even see the point in with reduced chaneling..good for stealthing away quicker from stalkers in safezone or what?
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All I want, really, right now, is another QS skill. Or at least reduced CDs on the ones we already have.

Twin Strike - Spell Cutter - Condensed thorn doesn't cut it, and sometimes Slipstream Strike takes too long.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • VergilSama - Raging Tide
    VergilSama - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    umm for pve make demon Rib Strike Reduce target's attack speed by 100% :P

edit : and a question : does demon subsea increases the duration of the skill by 7 seconds ? means that it will last 16 second ?
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    umm for pve make demon Rib Strike Reduce target's attack speed by 100% :P

edit : and a question : does demon subsea increases the duration of the skill by 7 seconds ? means that it will last 16 second ?

Yes, althought, that 8 + 7 = 15.
  • VergilSama - Raging Tide
    VergilSama - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013

oh oops b:chuckle b:surrender , thx b:thanks
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Since we're correcting... *although.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like to see Assassin's DoT skills (Toxic Torrent and Puncture Wound) be based off of soulforce instead of a static damage multiplier that doesn't do much damage at all in both PvE and PvP.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    I would like to see Assassin's DoT skills (Toxic Torrent and Puncture Wound) be based off of soulforce instead of a static damage multiplier that doesn't do much damage at all in both PvE and PvP.
    Omg YES! I hate not using my Puncture Wound because it's been useless for like 40 levels. That used to be my favorite skill.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    _JlN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Having skills based off soulforce would be would be a great addition.
    I also like purge on knife throw.
    A charm disable effect - since we are sins, we should be able to strike that vital organ in our opponents that affects their charm.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited March 2013
    A charm disable effect - since we are sins, we should be able to strike that vital organ in our opponents that affects their charm.
    I like the idea, but there would have to be a very small chance for it to proc or something like a 2+ minute CD. Disabling a charm would be an EXTREMELY over-powered ability.
    ~Spazz~
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like the idea, but there would have to be a very small chance for it to proc or something like a 2+ minute CD. Disabling a charm would be an EXTREMELY over-powered ability.

Roll a seeker, edged blur, problem solved XD.
  • Sword_Tammer - Dreamweaver
    Sword_Tammer - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Blood Frenzy with low cool down..b:victory
  • The_Stoner - Raging Tide
    The_Stoner - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    how about tidal and and focused mind avoid bramble that would help us out nicely then we wont b compleatly useless when it comes to those brambled or atleast give it a 50% chance to avoid bramble damage
  • Slice/nDice - Archosaur5
    Slice/nDice - Archosaur5 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yea i like the idea of a charm disabling effect, tho "overpowered" all sins really have thats worth nething is a few stuns most ppl can get out of pretty easily, and **** skills, that would make it where we actually have a chance against a strong veno or barb or psych. and the idea of soulforce base skills is really good, i think sins skills need to be overhauled really if you dont have decent aps as a sin you really dont have much at all, i even wouldnt mind losing bloodpaint for some decent pvp apt abilities, and also whats with knife throw being the only range skill sins even have, every other class even if not range oriented has at least two, so if anything id at least like another ranged attack
  • evilsmakers
    evilsmakers Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Assasins need some defenseive skills like other classes that DONOT depend on luck for example

Archers
    > there sheild
    psy
    > white vodo
    BM
    > marows
    celeric
    > their 2 sheilds
    Seeker
    >The Def buff
    Mystic
    > the sheild/plants and the push skill and a skill that increse there phy def
    Wiz
    > there unti aps skill/and the phy sheild skill(that increse their phy def)
    Barb
    > invoke and the genie skill that only used with barb
    Veno
    > brumble and the skill that refect full damage(the icon look like ghost)
    Sin
    > Tidal and fouse Mind WHICH NEED LUCK and STEALTH and they also gave the ability for some of classes to see sins and there also detective pots

I would say giving a skill to sins that help them stay alive without Depending on luck like other classes.
    cX8xmAu.png

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    The GG
    Enjoy!​​
    PaiiiiN~
  • _JlN_ - Heavens Tear
    _JlN_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    how about tidal and and focused mind avoid bramble that would help us out nicely then we wont b compleatly useless when it comes to those brambled or atleast give it a 50% chance to avoid bramble damage

Yes, I second for an anti bramble effect or a way to deal with.
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Assasins need some defenseive skills like other classes that DONOT depend on luck for example

Technically we have an abundance of Chi. Any competent sin should be able to block a strong attack or stun with double spark, and if they're better, single spark.

I do agree with:
    -Puncture Wound (Make it like Telekinesis lol)
    -Some sort of anti-stealth ("Maelstrom's Eye" - use the power of the depths of the sea to pierce the darkness. Increase stealth detection level by 1 for 8 seconds, 2 minute CD)
    -Blood Frenzy with less heal but also less CD
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Edalus - Momaganon
    Edalus - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They should rethink the concept of the Sin's skills: shall they be fast hitting? Or shall they be slower but stronger? Are they meant to cripple the enemy? Or are they meant to deal just high damage?

I deem the skills a bit random: a bit from this and a bit from that but no real concept.
    In PvE they were somewhat ok but not really useful, they were not missed in the days of only aps.
    In PvP they deal some damage but are less useful and are sometimes very slow compared to other classes; they are no nuke skills but somewhat slow and not fast enough to build up pressure, except the enemy is somewhat unlucky or undergeared.

Things I had on my mind:

Power Dash: change it to a self-buff and erase the damage component, extend the duration to 10 sec. Or they could make this skill much more stronger and extend the duration, making the Sin the class which does high and leval critical damage for a short duration; I am speaking of enhancing Rage Damage up to 400 or 500% (total) and the normal 40 or 50% Crit chance buff.

Auto-Attack: lower damage in PvP for 50% at least or make "Fortification Draught" a permanent buff which lasts for 15 mins and procs like now with a 10 sec cooldown between each proc.

Speed up or strengthen some skills (like Raving Slash or Slipstream Strike) so that a Sin can hit once a second with some skills or can do a bit more spike damage, giving him better chances to build up pressure.
    Maybe introducing Combos would be great which enhance following skills.

The Sin uses two daggers, so it would be ok to give him another Knife Throw, or making Raving Slash a range attack, given that it gets partly adapted to the old Knife Throw.

The Sin is like the Bm bound to melee attacks but lacks the high defences so there should be means for him to catch up with his enemy; most often the enemy gets plenty of chances to run around a little till every side effect of the skills runs out.
    Another option would be to erase the time component of skills like Power Dash and give them a per hit component like "for the next 5 hits, the crit chance gets improved by xx%".

Or they could emphasise the crippling aspect of a Sin so that the Sin lowers with every skill the defences and accuracy and channel speed of the enemy giving him better chances the longer a fight lasts: stackable debuffs so to say, and every skill has another little debuff which stacks.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited April 2013
    Power Dash: change it to a self-buff and erase the damage component, extend the duration to 10 sec. Or they could make this skill much more stronger and extend the duration, making the Sin the class which does high and leval critical damage for a short duration; I am speaking of enhancing Rage Damage up to 400 or 500% (total) and the normal 40 or 50% Crit chance buff.

This killed me lol.
    This would be a stupid idea, yea sure, go ahead and double the crits and when a zerkcrit appears, well 8x the damage gg.

No ty b:laugh
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yea i like the idea of a charm disabling effect, tho "overpowered" all sins really have thats worth nething is a few stuns most ppl can get out of pretty easily, and **** skills, that would make it where we actually have a chance against a strong veno or barb or psych. and the idea of soulforce base skills is really good, i think sins skills need to be overhauled really if you dont have decent aps as a sin you really dont have much at all, i even wouldnt mind losing bloodpaint for some decent pvp apt abilities, and also whats with knife throw being the only range skill sins even have, every other class even if not range oriented has at least two, so if anything id at least like another ranged attack

Only thing I agree on is the extra ranged skill.

The rest of your post is total bullshіt.
    Please learn your skills first before talking about them.

Forget APS and use your skills.
  • Edalus - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    This killed me lol.
    This would be a stupid idea, yea sure, go ahead and double the crits and when a zerkcrit appears, well 8x the damage gg.

No ty b:laugh

Well, I intended this.
    Where is the problem? Every 30 sec or 60 sec, a Sin could do crazy crit damage? So, a Sin could be as deadly as a Psy or Wiz sparking and nuking a Sin?

Or should we erase all the damage of the Sin's skills? Other classes got improvements, magical classes are harder to stunlock, they have the means to endure often all the normal means of a Sin -- and you do not have to be the best PvP player around to fend off a Sin.

I only suggested something that gives Sins again some chances to keep up with the high defences that are now possible; like a Bm does with her Heaven's Flame.
    As GoF is not controllable, a crit-zerk is not guaranteed but if it happens, it should be something dangerous -- a thing that others do not want, they just want the Sin to be a mere tankable victim.
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Responses in white below.

400% or 500% Rage Damage. Very nice. You effectively make an assassin the deadliest class in the game, but only this time with no counters. Full S3 sins with Powerdash effectively have 100% critical. Therefore, any Powerdash would basically one-shot anyone, through def charm. With 400% Rage damage, you wouldn't even need zerk, and if you did have zerk, you could one-shot through pdef charm. Please explain the balance of this.

Auto-Attack: lower damage in PvP for 50% at least or make "Fortification Draught" a permanent buff which lasts for 15 mins and procs like now with a 10 sec cooldown between each proc.

The only apothecaries that last more than 2 minutes usually are self-buffs, i.e, passive. Like, NW wine, which improves your own stats. Fortification draught, which has a script of its own to "activate" at a certain time, is too complex to be added to that list.

Speed up or strengthen some skills (like Raving Slash or Slipstream Strike) so that a Sin can hit once a second with some skills or can do a bit more spike damage, giving him better chances to build up pressure.
    Maybe introducing Combos would be great which enhance following skills.

Slipstream level 11 hits insanely high. Raving Slash... meh, it would be nice if something was added there. But "combos" are seeker-stance only.

The Sin uses two daggers, so it would be ok to give him another Knife Throw, or making Raving Slash a range attack, given that it gets partly adapted to the old Knife Throw.

Another ranged skill would be nice, possibly with an animation similar to Gemini Slash.
    "Ghost Dagger" - the shadows infuse the assassin's body, making them able to move instantly and deal a deadly strike, then return to their previous position.

The Sin is like the Bm bound to melee attacks but lacks the high defences so there should be means for him to catch up with his enemy; most often the enemy gets plenty of chances to run around a little till every side effect of the skills runs out.

Whirlwind genie skill. Get it.

Another option would be to erase the time component of skills like Power Dash and give them a per hit component like "for the next 5 hits, the crit chance gets improved by xx%".

So, like, Pdef and Mdef charms? No, that part of the game is for apothecary only. Besides, it that would be OP. Example: "New" Powerdash - wait 1 minute - Inner harmony - wait one minute - double spark - inner harmony - attack. This could be too easily abused, like the first triple sparks in stealth during the first weeks of the expansion.

Or they could emphasise the crippling aspect of a Sin so that the Sin lowers with every skill the defences and accuracy and channel speed of the enemy giving him better chances the longer a fight lasts: stackable debuffs so to say, and every skill has another little debuff which stacks.

Spell Cutter reduces channeling speed. Subsea "reduces defenses". Powerdash, condensed thorn, and our own sparks increase our own damage. Accuracy is pretty much a non-factor in this game now.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

• Edalus - Momaganon
    edited April 2013
    400% or 500% Rage Damage. Very nice. You effectively make an assassin the deadliest class in the game, but only this time with no counters. Full S3 sins with Powerdash effectively have 100% critical. Therefore, any Powerdash would basically one-shot anyone, through def charm. With 400% Rage damage, you wouldn't even need zerk, and if you did have zerk, you could one-shot through pdef charm. Please explain the balance of this.
    Slipstream level 11 hits insanely high. Raving Slash... meh, it would be nice if something was added there. But "combos" are seeker-stance only.
    Whirlwind genie skill. Get it.
    So, like, Pdef and Mdef charms? No, that part of the game is for apothecary only. Besides, it that would be OP. Example: "New" Powerdash - wait 1 minute - Inner harmony - wait one minute - double spark - inner harmony - attack. This could be too easily abused, like the first triple sparks in stealth during the first weeks of the expansion.
    Spell Cutter reduces channeling speed. Subsea "reduces defenses". Powerdash, condensed thorn, and our own sparks increase our own damage. Accuracy is pretty much a non-factor in this game now.

A bit overdramatising, are we not?
    400 or 500% Rage Damage during a 10 sec time frame or for the next hits is nothing that would make the Sin into the deadliest class, really, ever fought against S2 or S3 Seeker? Or Bms? Or even Clerics?
    A Sin does not have much time or chances to kill them nor does he have the chance right now - with skills - to beat 30k+ hp. Even killing a S3 Cleric is virtually a thing of luck. (I am talking about opponents with high refines and sockets)
    He would oneshoot everyone? Certainly, only those enemies he was already able to oneshoot. Power Dash was good in the days as S1 was the strongest armour, but now the defences are much stronger.

Would a Sin become a killing machine? Surely not, heard of Ironguard Powder? Or Faith? Or Absolute Domain? Or Pan Gu's Essence? Get it. There are varous ways to counter this, the Sin would only be a real threat at times and not simply an annoyance.

To see the other side: other classes like Wizards, Psychics, Seekers, Clerics or even Blademasters have the means to oneshoot a Sin - even in S3 with high refines - or to kill him almost instantly. But what can do the Sin? Sneak to them and spark and use Power Dash and hope to get a lucky-shot as without zerk his damage would only be enough for lower refined opponents.

Even a Slipstream Strike lv11 deals not insanely high damage; that is only possible against enemies with TT99 or R8 as their armour is now strongly outgeared. And I spoke of real Combos not only a succession of two skills; I had in mind a skill chain which would amplify the damage or with variation lead to crippling effects on the target.

One thing to remember: We are talking about Sin's skills and not Genie's skills, that are skills only available to Sins and I do not take into account skills of a Genie and even more Genie's skills which have a false description because it does not state that the skill Whirlwind freezes its target for 1 sec and then slow it.

This is a thread to speak out some ideas: where is the gain of saying what one deems possible and what not? APS is the most slug brained tactic in PvP and if you think changing Fortification Draught would be too difficult, well, why not then lower auto-attack damage per se (in PvP at least)? Like every damage is already lowered?

Well, if you think it would be viable to wait two minutes to kill some enemies and then to wait again two minutes to do it again, then yes, it could be a tactic -- but to counter this, there could be two conditions: either next 5 hits or at most 20 sec. (This way it would be harder to ruin a skill like Power Dash but that slow-poke tactic would be prevented.)

Spell Cutter, Subsea Strike are twee skills and do not have anything special on them: 3 sec slower channel is mean but does mean nothing nowadays. And 30 or 50% more damage reads nice but is negligible -- except against TT99 or R8 toons.
  • Tsyn - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Responses in white.
    A bit overdramatising, are we not?
    400 or 500% Rage Damage during a 10 sec time frame or for the next hits is nothing that would make the Sin into the deadliest class, really, ever fought against S2 or S3 Seeker? Or Bms? Or even Clerics?

Yes, I've fought all full S3 classes on a half-dph armour S1 sin. Powerdash is OP as it is if you know what is going on.

A Sin does not have much time or chances to kill them nor does he have the chance right now - with skills - to beat 30k+ hp. Even killing a S3 Cleric is virtually a thing of luck. (I am talking about opponents with high refines and sockets)

If you don't have the same gear as your opponent, you ought to expect difficulties.

He would oneshoot everyone? Certainly, only those enemies he was already able to oneshoot. Power Dash was good in the days as S1 was the strongest armour, but now the defences are much stronger.

S3 already has a chance to 1shot another S3 with a zerk crit. Powerdash at that level, along with your suggested "improvement", would basically make a 1shot a consistent option. Please explain how the ability to one-shot a character every thirty seconds is not unbalanced.

Would a Sin become a killing machine? Surely not, heard of Ironguard Powder? Or Faith? Or Absolute Domain? Or Pan Gu's Essence? Get it. There are varous ways to counter this, the Sin would only be a real threat at times and not simply an annoyance.

So you're telling me that a sin is only an "annoyance", which is why you go into IG/Faith/AD/PanGu/Sutra. The sin is a threat as it is; any more amp on Powerdash and the sin would become OP.
    You could take my words with a grain of salt if I was another class. But, coming from a sin, I'd say its an opinion.

To see the other side: other classes like Wizards, Psychics, Seekers, Clerics or even Blademasters have the means to oneshoot a Sin - even in S3 with high refines - or to kill him almost instantly. But what can do the Sin? Sneak to them and spark and use Power Dash and hope to get a lucky-shot as without zerk his damage would only be enough for lower refined opponents.

So you're telling me the only way to kill someone with equal gear is to... stealth to them, spark, and powerdash? Okay.

Even a Slipstream Strike lv11 deals not insanely high damage; that is only possible against enemies with TT99 or R8 as their armour is now strongly outgeared.

Any normal hit is weak vs equal gear. DPH sins rely on crits and zerks to kill their equally geared peers (especially the tankier ones).

And I spoke of real Combos not only a succession of two skills; I had in mind a skill chain which would amplify the damage or with variation lead to crippling effects on the target.

Staggering Strike on someone with an Eye of Northern Defense causes a freeze. That sounds like a crippling effect.
    Arme Nier+Duelist's Glee will deal an extra 4000 damage and disable weapon. That sounds like a crippling effect.
    There are more. It would be best to leave classes with what they're given - otherwise, you'd might as well argue to give sins something like a mystic's self heals, or a venomancer's pet. Classes in the game are played because they have a specific available skillset, not because they have the skills of every other class all in one package.

One thing to remember: We are talking about Sin's skills and not Genie's skills, that are skills only available to Sins and I do not take into account skills of a Genie and even more Genie's skills which have a false description because it does not state that the skill Whirlwind freezes its target for 1 sec and then slow it.

So again, you're saying that every class should have every "method" of doing something. It is foolish to disregard genie - the main reason for their implementation was to subsist the lacking's of one's own class, not just be "there" because they're not needed.

This is a thread to speak out some ideas: where is the gain of saying what one deems possible and what not? APS is the most slug brained tactic in PvP and if you think changing Fortification Draught would be too difficult, well, why not then lower auto-attack damage per se (in PvP at least)? Like every damage is already lowered?

APS is the most slug brained tactic in PvP, but not because of its damage.
    It's the fact that any APS sin can be basically three-shot by an equally geared DPH playstyle. The problem of overpowering damage that an APS sin possesses has already been countered - this is why you don't see QQ all over the forums about it.

Well, if you think it would be viable to wait two minutes to kill some enemies and then to wait again two minutes to do it again, then yes, it could be a tactic -- but to counter this, there could be two conditions: either next 5 hits or at most 20 sec. (This way it would be harder to ruin a skill like Power Dash but that slow-poke tactic would be prevented.)

You seem to imply sins require apothecary to kill someone.
    You seem to imply Powerdash, aka 100% crit, should be applied for either 5 hits, therefore for an infinite time period, or for 20 seconds.
    Triple Spark only lasts 15 seconds. Yes, please, make our 2-spark skill more overpowered than our triple spark.

Spell Cutter, Subsea Strike are twee skills and do not have anything special on them: 3 sec slower channel is mean but does mean nothing nowadays. And 30 or 50% more damage reads nice but is negligible -- except against TT99 or R8 toons.

Spell Cutter - interrupts casting, acts as a damage skill, hits hard. Yes, we could totally get rid of it.
    Subsea Strike is a twee skill. It amplifies damage by up to 30% on a non-sage character. Of course it is not necessary. That would also explain why APS sins use windshield for 20% more damage, and why people Extreme Poison for 20% more damage. Yes, I understand you.
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.