Please bring back the old NW map

Azura - Lost City
Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Nation Wars
The new map makes nation wars very boring. There is too many lands, and not so many players. In every land I went I found only half the people I used to have. Every battle was boring, I was for the 1st time begging for nation war to end, while with the old map I wanted an extra hour.

Or another option would be to merge servers... but I don't see that happening.
Post edited by Azura - Lost City on

Comments

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had a great time and like the new map more.

The ratio of OP squads to lands is lower now so the impact of OP squads is lessened. Now the overall ability of a nation is more important. A big improvement to us non OP folk.

Also, leaving lopsided battles was finally useful to me as most of the time I didn't get sent back to base and when I did the base wasn't baselocked. I love this because waiting for a 20 vs 1 to end is painfully boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All that I noticed was more empty wars, definitely prefer the old map.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I sure hope they implement server v server for NW lol
    cuz the battles are too boring although there's no baselocking involved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well i had fun :3

And died. A lot.

But **** happens XD.

Now i liked this map because it gave some sense of strategy :3 more than the other i mean
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    most battles i was in were 20vs 20 or 15+.. guess server has to do with. we had 200-250 ppl on every nation, thats quite ok cos since nw started we have like 400 ppl less attending nws, but did notice some increase now.
    is way more fun to play, and you can defend urself way better, and dont get base locked. loved the new changes, now not scared to enter a wrong battle to be base locked for entire nw, can go where im needed instead of trembling every time.. happened a lot before "entering battle.. defeat' without even participating, and then baselocked, now was way more balanced
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm only had one nw with new map so it's really hard to predict how it will end up, but the first one was good. I am very happy with it as there was no time where I could not enter a battle.
    I use to have to quit for 20-30 mins and wait for a baselock to end or just change characters. Now I get to actually play. Win or loose doesn't matter so much, but sitting there watching a screen cause you can't get in a battle is certainly not fun.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    New map was nice. I had constant battles. Now if only they would bring about limiting squad size to old size of 6.

The real test will not be a internet poll btw, I am sure the amount of people attending is easily recordable for the game owners. I am confident that from the start of nw till now you would see attendance on a graph form headed from high to lower. I think now that trend may reverse itself. I don't really get why people have to try so hard to make it not fun for everyone and that is exactly what baselocking strategy does. So does fighting a group of 10 with awesome gear and vent.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nope... ill take this new map hands down... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd prefer old map, but with six lands around the base like the new one, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Love the new map b:thanks Don't you dare change it.

It made it so much easier at my level (90) to decide which battles to fight in. I was no longer stuck with just the 2 options of having to face op players or not fight at all. For this NW I was able to leave a few battle and find others that were easier, and less me just being one-shot R9 fodder. My score was one of my best yet, and I also ended up with the most tokens to date.

If you don't like the new map I would suggest just giving it a couple weeks. Once people get used to it the fighting will be better. Tonight was more of a trial run. I do think it's funny that I ended up with more tokens than many of the R9.3's who are in my faction. I had myself a little giggle at that. b:chuckle

Thank you so much PWI b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem is not the size of the map, but the balance, when a nation get 300 points after not even one hour and the other barely have 100, there's something wrong with the balance.

Some people got 30 token with 10k credit while people with the same amount of credit in a other nation got 400 tokens.

That remind me when the map crashed. People with 20-30 tokens and some with 400-500 tokens.

I do understand that the losing nation get less then the wining nation, but when 2 persons with the same contribution get a difference of over 350 tokens it's a bit unfair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem is not the size of the map, but the balance, when a nation get 300 points after not even one hour and the other barely have 100, there's something wrong with the balance.

Some people got 30 token with 10k credit while people with the same amount of credit in a other nation got 400 tokens.

That remind me when the map crashed. People with 20-30 tokens and some with 400-500 tokens.

I do understand that the losing nation get less then the wining nation, but when 2 persons with the same contribution get a difference of over 350 tokens it's a bit unfair.

Actually I think there is some good that comes from that, it gives a reason for people to focus on team goals (try to help the nation) rather than just farm personal contribution.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The map isn't the problem. It's the squad size.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I think you're severely exaggerating.
    Tonight my Nation won with about 500 points (as opposed to the 400 in your post).

My personal contribution was 19 thousand (as opposed to the 10k in your post).

I received 257 tokens.

I doubt our server population is THAT much higher than yours :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For a first NW with the new map, I actually wasn't frustrated and very much enjoyed it. I was able to get in some good battles, wasn't always stuck in a map against an op R9 death squad that sent me back to base, wasn't base locked at all, was able to help the flag carrier in my nation, or was able to help attack the opposing nation's flag carrier/defenders.

I didn't find it boring, or frustrating at all.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Long story short :
    Organized squads want old map cos relies more on strategy.
    Under geared or not to good squad with strategy like new map .

About base lock on new map .... so possible to lock from 1 side to force the locked nation to attack the one . Did it last night with the new map in less than 20 mins .

About squad of six .... i won't even .... we have 5 races so 10 classes , this is why it's allowed squad of ten . Squad of six was at the start when we had 3 races and only 6 classes .
    Also we have the option to squad cos this game is based on squad play , if u don't like squads well boo hoo ... also think that some squads play for years or months ...why to break them? Just cos they are good together and u don't have such a squad ... well tough luck .

PWI - best qq community b:victory ( i hope we get this nomination next year at games awards cos u guys are pro with qq )
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Long story short :

About base lock on new map .... so possible to lock from 1 side to force the locked nation to attack the one . Did it last night with the new map in less than 20 mins .

About squad of six .... i won't even .... we have 5 races so 10 classes , this is why it's allowed squad of ten . Squad of six was at the start when we had 3 races and only 6 classes .
    Also we have the option to squad cos this game is based on squad play , if u don't like squads well boo hoo ... also think that some squads play for years or months ...why to break them? Just cos they are good together and u don't have such a squad ... well tough luck .

PWI - best qq community b:victory ( i hope we get this nomination next year at games awards cos u guys are pro with qq )

the old map required less strategy, not more. It was basically rush to the other person's base before they do to yours. Now, with the bigger map, baselocking isn't effective anymore, it's more about blocking and how the stronger squads can block the opposing nation while the weaker squads eats up the territories behind them.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Never satisfied :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Long story short :

If "OP Top TW Faction squads who everyone else is attempting to compete against" is what you meant by "organized squads", then ofc you are right...

If "non-r9+'d" is what you meant by "under geared", then ofc you are again right...

If "R9+d squads farm killing their way to hold baselocks" is what you meant by "strategy", again... you are just so observant *applause*

If "non-r9'd people not being able to fight versus a squad of r9+'d geared people" is what you meant by "not too good with strategy", then damn... you are just really on the ball b:victory

This map benefits those who are are on their way up to competing with the ones that dont need to upgrade anything to be competitive... This poll only proves my point to these things and to this thread which is the same discussion ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Long story short :

Since my other response was apparently removed, and now that I think about it, rightfully so (though without typing it again, I stand true to my accession of your attitude), I for one am not crying at all in regards to the new map, or even squads with 10 in them, as most of the op squads stick together like two lips sealed with superglue. And in pondering squads, I have ideas where all of one's grade A jumbo eggs, would be better off mixed with a few smaller, but still competent eggs, so that you have two baskets instead of one.

I think the new map will keep my interest in the game longer. Before, when it was baselock, for long periods, it was frustrating. I know several others that were ready to hold up the white flag and quit the game for good. I was one of them. Sadly quite a few already have quit, specifically because the op squads/players ***** and pillaged everything in their path in NW.

We all wanted to enjoy NW but were finding it difficult to do so. I have nothing against people with the best gear in game, as I was planning on it as well, but as the health of the game doesn't warrant my spending another few grand on it, I will stick to being under geared, and enjoying a larger map.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think you're severely exaggerating.
    Tonight my Nation won with about 500 points (as opposed to the 400 in your post).

My personal contribution was 19 thousand (as opposed to the 10k in your post).

I received 257 tokens.

I doubt our server population is THAT much higher than yours :/

2013-012.jpg

And I'm not joking we got people with over 400 tokens and some with less then 50.

In my squad people with 9k-11k contribution got 40-50 tokens, people with similar contribution in frost got 300-450 tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All that I noticed was more empty wars, definitely prefer the old map.

this.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you don't like empty territories, work faster. Learn to adapt to new situations just like in real life. Learn to work with others just like in real life. It's a team sport, be on the bigger team.

I like the new map, much more fun for all. b:victory

b:bye
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My newest strategy is when I see a full squad of people and I know that they are all in the same faction with good gear, I simply open map and hit leave battlefield. I would encourage more people to do that. There is now enough land to simply avoid them and leave them in empty battles. Maybe then they will self regulate down to smaller size squads when they realize nobody wants to play with them. That is what generally happens when a top tw faction attacks a weak one. Why make Nw any different.

A random group of solo players does not stand a chance against a well geared tw group with vent. The squad makes all the difference.
  • HrunsPanda - Archosaur
    HrunsPanda - Archosaur Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Interesting, this is an enlightening tread really. I have never played NW and totally undesrtand the situation. b:thanks
    I start reading the thread, i see the majority likes the new map. Other treads already indicated how it reduces base locking.

I see the first 2 people opposing the new map being lvl 105s.
    Then i see the second page where the whole subject of strategy and baselocking is perfectly explained from both points of view.

good job.
  • Wampirewoman - Harshlands
    Wampirewoman - Harshlands Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Let me get this clear :
    -i know what means to be base locked and what means to lock another base - been in both situations
    - also on the old map to lock a base with 11 people is not just rush .... requires a bit of thinking
    - we already proved we can lock like before one side a nation ... so base lock it's possible with a bit of communication in nation
    - the only thing now that let's say it's harder - it's to find a good battle against good squads

R9rr +12 and w/e is not all .... i have also people with nirv 3rd cast +7 gear in my squad and more than one

Of course i don't QQ about new map ... for good squads works either way but i only said my opinion in old NW map vs new NW map .
    If u don't like it .... well .... u got it . b:chuckle
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I loved the new map!

While the front lines were busy poking each other I got to attack their supply routes and defend our other border. If we lost the battle, we just went to one of the other many battles with free room and tried again. We didn't immediately get bounced out of every instance back to base every time we tried to enter a battle. I didn't see more than a few that showed 30+ on one side due to everyone piling in and getting bounced either.

Losing ONE battle didn't result in getting warped back to base and locked in for 90 min. You didn't NEED to stay in a 20v0 fight because leaving it would put you back in the base.

Also the double edged sword, as having greater room to maneuver means that the other side does too. Two enemies can quickly become 20. Lines get pushed back and forth instead of 4 squads shutting down a nation or 2 the whole time.

I hadn't done NW the last few months due to how pointless it was to be stuck in the base half the fight EVERY time and tokens being almost worthless now.

Last night was really fun. Everyone I knew loved the new map. I think most if not all of them got more tokens than ever. I got 84 which I think was a new record. The only time I wasn't in a battle was briefly waiting for one to be attackable again. Previously I'd just go eat dinner while baselocked as I knew the fight was over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the new map made wars less interesting. Maybe it was just bad luck, but we'll see. My nation derped alot but we still won, lol
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With my current gear I was averaging 5K credits on the old map. With the new map I am averaging 8.5K credits. I doubt I became more skillful in just a week. Though I have made my Faith genie my main NW genie and that's helping.

To all the 105s making less money now I don't remember you caring about my problems so there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    if there less chances to face of r9 then nw is going in the right direction

maybe now smaller party will be the norm for avarage non r9 ppl

if those r9 ppl really wanted fun why would they not put on regular gear instead of op gear.