NW Scores after new Map.

Options
Kywe - Harshlands
Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Nation Wars
So who gonna have the highest credit from every server? What do you say about the new map with more lands in NW? Is it more easy now or it got worst than before, because to many lands to defend?!
Click here to see the score from Harshlands.

b:chuckle
Post edited by Kywe - Harshlands on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    ouch lol....
    maybe it will be more balanced with a populated server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    We also still got a lot of DC, I don't know what devs smoke, but it didn't got fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'd like to click there but mcafee doesn't like it
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'd like to click there but mcafee doesn't like it

fixed, sorry. for some reason the link to open the SS in another window, wasn't working. but i changed already.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    looks similar to dreamweaver- we had three very equal nations and one really strong one.
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Options
    We also still got a lot of DC, I don't know what devs smoke, but it didn't got fixed.

I didn't dc o: but lagged for few seconds once <.<
  • FastCorvette - Archosaur
    FastCorvette - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Those scores seem a little lopsided.
  • haywiz
    haywiz Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Dreamweaver:

Dark 14139

Flame 12962

Light 14353

Frost 31359

I was in Light. 62 tokens.

EDIT:

I also DC'd. As soon as I logged back on, I immediately dc'd again.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This map change, unfortunately, is bad.

Here's the thing. For example, I want you to imagine a pro Frost nation that can hold the top half of the map. Look at these two pictures:

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy96/DUDE2509/newtwmap-1.png

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/01/99/0199a64a7a2881e96be6867299572f8d1362702576.jpg

Base-locking was popular because when you base-lock, you're protecting the ENTIRE corner of lands behind you. It was strategically wise to do so and drastically helped your Nation by defending TONS of lands just with 2-4 good squads, allowing all other squads to focus more on the opposite nation.

I want you to count, from Light's base to Dark's base, how many lands there are just north of them. You'll find that with the old map, if Frost wanted to hold the top half of the map, they'd need to hold 9 (5 for Dark, 4 for Light) different lands, and by doing so, they'd protect all the lands north of those they're fighting in.

With the new map? Frost needs to defend 12 lands (6 for Dark, 6 for light) to hold the top half. That's a difference, but the thing is the difference is TINY compared to the increased amount of lands and points that Frost gains for holding those lands north of the battles. While you're expected to hold 3 more lands to properly defend the top half, you're rewarded 50 Nation points for doing so instead of the old 32. JUST for successfully winning 3 more battles than before!!

And base-****? Speaking for a squad that did it professionally b:cool (treated it like our job), you don't need to base-lock both sides; no, you just wanna base-lock your side, to encourage the nation to go the other direction. Used to be you had to hold 2 lands to do so, 3 if the nation was resilient and insisted on attacking your nation. Now? Now you need to hold 3.....that's NOT that big of a deal, given the effect it has. Frost now gets SOOOOOOOOOO many more points for holding the corner north of Dark, but they're only expected to fill ONE more battle to actually hold that entire corner.

Again, if Frost held the corner north of Dark pre-map change via a base-lock, it required Frost to successfully hold 2-3 lands, and by holding the corner, afforded Frost ~16 Nation points per 10 minutes they were held. With the new map, Frost needs to hold 3 lands to base-lock and hold the corner, and by holding the corner, they gain ~25 points per 10 minutes. Keep in mind also that it would take MUCH longer for Dark to take that corner back simply because there's more lands to take. The longer it takes, the longer Frost is getting points for those lands.

It's RIDICULOUS. It's requiring barely any more effort while rewarding WAAAAY more, thus polarizing the winners and losers even further.

All this map does is dramatize and polarize the winning and losing nations. They've increased the amount of lands without actually doing much to increase the amount of front lines; all those extra lands in the corners does LITTLE to balance out the nations because it's still all the same when it comes to simply needing to hold the lands in FRONT of the corner to protect the corner entirely. Meanwhile, it takes longer to actually capture lands and advance on other nations, simply because they're more lands to take.

All this means that nations that have a strong start and stronger, more offensive front lines are basically good to go. The gap between them and a losing nation has only INCREASED, not decreased, simply because there's more points being gained for BASICALLY holding the SAME amount of lands and doing the SAME amount of work. Meanwhile, any nation that has a slow start or just plain weaker people on average needs to do A LOT more work to actually turn around their nation score; yes ok, breaking out of a baselock is basically the same (3 wars instead of 2), but TAKING that corner behind the baselock? That'll take a while, and that's quite significant and noticeable.

The result is that the gap between the winning and losing nations is dramatically bigger; not smaller. Base-locking STILL exists because Base-locking has and always will be the result of idiots refusing to give up on fighting squads they cannot beat.

As an example, before this change Harshlands' typical Nation War would see one nation getting ~160 points while the other three get 210-260 points. My squad typically would get at least ~120 tokens each (obviously varies by member) in losing nations and ~200 in winning nations.

Now? Winning nation members reported as high as 500 tokens, losing nations struggled to get 50. Base-locking still existed.

The result is that overall, in some ways Nation war has become a lottery; more random and chance-based. The reason being is that you enter the Nation war, and basically you just wanna pray you have competent squads with you that successfully push out ASAP and hold those front lines; you yourself can do little to nothing to actually influence your nation's success.
    It used to be my squad could baselock other nations and viola. It wasn't fool-proof; we had to hope another competent squad covered the land that neighbored the one we covered, but we had a way to do something that helped our nation.

Now? You can't do jack. You enter the war, and within the first 20 minutes, you'll know if you're in a winning nation or losing nation. Why? Because whichever nation has the strongest initial push is untouchable. Even if they fall the **** apart about 40 minutes into the NW and suddenly can't win or defend worth a darn, it DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL, because it'll be another 20 minutes before the other nations can successfully cap and take all those tiny little lands from the nation that had the strongest initial push. The result is that -JUST- by having a strong initial push, your nation is guarenteed a great score.
    Likewise, your individual skill matters less because the lands you can cap? Just one drop in a freaking ocean of lands.

Lastly, your tokens and personal points? More luck-based. Why? With more lands, it means it's harder to guarentee you find full battles and not tiny, pointless wars. Since the amount of tokens you get is based on how you compare to other players, this means that you could do your job, play perfectly fine and perform well in every battle you're in, but your cut of the tokens at the end might STILL be sub-par simply because you were comparatively unlucky in which battles you entered; you might get less tokens solely because it's more likely that you may enter 20v4 wars (you're the 20) while another competent player finds an 8v20 (him 8) and manages to win it, awarding him WAAAAAY more personal points than you could ever get in your 20v4.

Some people may like it this way, I do not. It waters down how much individual skill and coordination actually matter and basically turns NW into a lottery...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I like the new map so far. Never did I get Baselocked, though in time I'm sure pro squads will.figure out a way, but even my gimp-*** BM with r8r got 108 tokens tonight, so I can't complain (except lack of sleep since I get up for work in four hours)

Need a mid week NW even if on Euro time.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This map change, unfortunately, is bad.
    You enter the war, and within the first 20 minutes, you'll know if you're in a winning nation or losing nation. Why? Because whichever nation has the strongest initial push is untouchable. Even if they fall the **** apart about 40 minutes into the NW and suddenly can't win or defend worth a darn, it DOES NOT MATTER AT ALL, because it'll be another 20 minutes before the other nations can successfully cap and take all those tiny little lands from the nation that had the strongest initial push. The result is that -JUST- by having a strong initial push, your nation is guarenteed a great score.
    Likewise, your individual skill matters less because the lands you can cap? Just one drop in a freaking ocean of lands.

While I enjoyed reading your post, I would like to disagree. Our goal was to occupy more lands to place our Nation higher. I was in Light on RT tonight and we started well but quickly dropped to 4th place. We concentrated on taking land in unopposed or lightly defended battles. We wound up in 2nd place. We got our points in the last half hour by joining moderate sized battles with opposition, like 9 from our Nation vs 20 of the opponents. My squad was mostly TT2 members and many broke 8k contribution and hit in the 80's for tokens. (That might not be high as a farmer; but, good for land farming to move our nation up 2 spots.) You can pick your fights to get points as opposed to just luck or lottery.

It may be too early with these new maps to have the ultimate strategy determined yet. :)

b:bye
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    nws are way more balanced now, baselocking is way harder, and its harder for the few OP to kill the fun out of 200-300 people ;)
    shouldve been implemented long time ago, finally did it, good job.
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Got a few less tokens than usual...was in flame on harshlands. Did not see a difference one way or another. I actually lagged less and did not d/c at all unlike last Sunday. All in all no big deal. I actually liked the lack of base lock. They failed to mention that flame was very close to being base locked in the first 30 min but it did not happen thanks to new map and we were able to get 2nd after being very far behind. I would say at least for nw (aside from everything else) a successful update. I swear I have seen harshlands map look more unbalanced that those points/nations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    some people still need to learn that they lag because there computer cant handle that many people on the game or in a small area at once.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Got a few less tokens than usual...was in flame on harshlands. Did not see a difference one way or another. I actually lagged less and did not d/c at all unlike last Sunday. All in all no big deal. I actually liked the lack of base lock. They failed to mention that flame was very close to being base locked in the first 30 min but it did not happen thanks to new map and we were able to get 2nd after being very far behind. I would say at least for nw (aside from everything else) a successful update. I swear I have seen harshlands map look more unbalanced that those points/nations.

Think what happened is that we (Flame) basically got the full brunt of Light and Dark at the start so Frost kinda just...yeah. We did get out of it and ended up second place, but there was nothing we could have done about Frost at all. D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Irca - Harshlands
    Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Think what happened is that we (Flame) basically got the full brunt of Light and Dark at the start so Frost kinda just...yeah. We did get out of it and ended up second place, but there was nothing we could have done about Frost at all. D:

Very true. They did take over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think the new map is great. b:victory

Our server went back and forth. In the very beginning Light was almost based locked, but then they fought back and with only 30 minutes left they ended up owning half the map and base locking both Flame and Frost. For the last 30 minutes all 3 nations ganked Light; with too much land to defend they lost the majority of it but still ended up in first place.

With the new map it is still possible to base lock a nation, but it makes it extremely difficult to keep them lock.

The only issue I saw tonight was that people were not spreading out. Often a nation would win a land with only 2 or 3 people in a battle because no one from the other side showed up even though that nation had 20 players in a nearby battle fighting against 10 or less. I think it will just take time for people to realize that they do not have to fill a battle.

As a lower level I must say I love the new map. I was able to pick and chose which battles to fight in instead of before when I had either the option of going to a battle or sitting at base. In certain battles that had many op player I now could just leave and easily find a different battle. My score was one of my best yet, and I also ended up with the most tokens to date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Options
    While I enjoyed reading your post, I would like to disagree. Our goal was to occupy more lands to place our Nation higher. I was in Light on RT tonight and we started well but quickly dropped to 4th place. We concentrated on taking land in unopposed or lightly defended battles. We wound up in 2nd place. We got our points in the last half hour by joining moderate sized battles with opposition, like 9 from our Nation vs 20 of the opponents. My squad was mostly TT2 members and many broke 8k contribution and hit in the 80's for tokens. (That might not be high as a farmer; but, good for land farming to move our nation up 2 spots.) You can pick your fights to get points as opposed to just luck or lottery.

It may be too early with these new maps to have the ultimate strategy determined yet. :)

And which nation got first? The one that had the strongest lead at the start?

My overall point is that this update diminishes how much influence you have on the success of your nation (or your own personal points, for that matter) simply because there's even more work and responsibility to be done for MUCH harsher punishments should it NOT be done, but 90% of the people playing this game are still derp. Likewise, you can do just fine and never lose a single war and play exactly as you should, but STILL get sub-par tokens just because your personal points were comparatively lacking in your nation, solely because you were unlucky and got 20v11 battles while others in your nation fought 6v13 ones and won; they're naturally going to gain more points than you because since the odds are against them, they gain a much larger cut.

I for one am not personally fond of such an update because I like to feel like what I do matters. I'm not expecting to single-handedly lead my nation to victory, but before if I were in a bad nation, I could send my squad to try and baselock a neighbor, which had the potential to slow/stop enemies who got sent back to base from returning if we ourselves were being attacked by that nation, held the entire corner for my nation should we have it, and it was a great way to get good wars with good personal points because we'd often end up in 10v20 fights.
    Now? My squad basically needs to pick a row of lands to defend and advance on, just kinda HOPE my neighboring allies can competently defend their row, and HOPE that we get good battles in the lands we're defending.

And yes, it polarizes the difference between good and bad nations, because now there's MORE points being rewarded for good performance and more suffering for bad performance. It's great that you were able to turn things around, but sometimes that's simply not happening. FFS, just yesterday, my squad entered a battle with ~3 minutes left on the Nation war clock and the opponent had already capped the flag once. We thought great, ok let them cap a second time and just PK until then, then everyone gets personal points, and told everyone in the battle to do the same, to which they all agreed. When the flag spawns? A r9 3rd cast +12 sin on our side dug the flag to stroke his massive ego, the result being that the battle failed to end entirely before NW ended, and nobody got points for that battle. Sometimes you simply can't stop people from being derp, so now NW feels more luck-based than ever.
    The only issue I saw tonight was that people were not spreading out. Often a nation would win a land with only 2 or 3 people in a battle because no one from the other side showed up even though that nation had 20 players in a nearby battle fighting against 10 or less. I think it will just take time for people to realize that they do not have to fill a battle.

Because what motivation do people have to visit those? Yes of course, you wanna help your nation, but those wars are also horrendous personal points. The result is that half the population will NOT visit such wars simply because they know that even if doing so secures good Nation points and tokens for the nation, their tokens will still be bleh because their personal points are COMPARITIVELY weak. Even if you somehow convince everyone not to be selfish in that regard and that a good nation score with bad personal points is better than a bad nation score with good personal points, Nation war is still largely more luck-based, because you simply have to hope for wars with good opponents and good odds so that you get good personal points.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well... the 6 lands surrounding the bases could have been achieved by simply moving the bases away from the walls as I have stated on numerous occasions.

This would have kept the armies more in each others faces as it was before.

However, they added a motherload of lands to the map instead.

Sure, everyone is more spread out and you might get less personal contribution depending on which battles you get into while flying blindly into crosshaired icon lands where the battles are already or in taking on the next objective on your path in an attempt to baselock another nation.

Battles however, are not at all like lottery, not for those who watch what the map is doing with a little bit of scanning the lands. You can see how many members from another nation are in each land. You can see how many left from one land, are moving to surrounding lands toward your own nation. You can see which direction you can move to be in the direction of those opposition's numbers. You can CHOOSE which battles to be in. I damn well know I did on numerous occasions, against top tw faction "OP squads" on purpose, because they do yield me greater contribution. And you can fairly easily tell which squads are the OP squads on their way over by watching the 5-10 people making their way through frontlines toward the base, those are the only people that move in such a manner.

I must have even surprised a few flag carriers that thought they were "OP" and that the way before them was an open road... Black Voodoo and Jones swapped (when I more often am in white voodoo and malley swapped)... pew pew pew... try again b:bye b:chuckle

Any who... I think overall, this change is better for the majority who do not go baselocking oppostion nations, cant baselock opposition nations, and had no way of unlocking bases as it was prior to this change... The only people i am seeing have a problem with this latest change, apparently all know the mechanics and tactics in baselocking... all of the "OP squad" types from top tw factions that dont really need to get tokens to just compete... they are the ones everyone else is trying to compete with... if this is doing better for the greater majority of players, the people that are trying to compete, then STET b:cool (let it stand)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    So who gonna have the highest credit from every server? What do you say about the new map with more lands in NW? Is it more easy now or it got worst than before, because to many lands to defend?!
    Click here to see the score from Harshlands.

b:chuckle
    Well... the 6 lands surrounding the bases could have been achieved by simply moving the bases away from the walls as I have stated on numerous occasions.

This would have kept the armies more in each others faces as it was before.

However, they added a motherload of lands to the map instead.

Sure, everyone is more spread out and you might get less personal contribution depending on which battles you get into while flying blindly into crosshaired icon lands where the battles are already or in taking on the next objective on your path in an attempt to baselock another nation.

Battles however, are not at all like lottery, not for those who watch what the map is doing with a little bit of scanning the lands. You can see how many members from another nation are in each land. You can see how many left from one land, are moving to surrounding lands toward your own nation. You can see which direction you can move to be in the direction of those opposition's numbers. You can CHOOSE which battles to be in. I damn well know I did on numerous occasions, against top tw faction "OP squads" on purpose, because they do yield me greater contribution. And you can fairly easily tell which squads are the OP squads on their way over by watching the 5-10 people making their way through frontlines toward the base, those are the only people that move in such a manner.

I must have even surprised a few flag carriers that thought they were "OP" and that the way before them was an open road... Black Voodoo and Jones swapped (when I more often am in white voodoo and malley swapped)... pew pew pew... try again b:bye b:chuckle

Any who... I think overall, this change is better for the majority who do not go baselocking oppostion nations, cant baselock opposition nations, and had no way of unlocking bases as it was prior to this change... The only people i am seeing have a problem with this latest change, apparently all know the mechanics and tactics in baselocking... all of the "OP squad" types from top tw factions that dont really need to get tokens to just compete... they are the ones everyone else is trying to compete with... if this is doing better for the greater majority of players, the people that are trying to compete, then STET b:cool (let it stand)

I have to agree with your post. The new map allows for more time to choose which battle you want to join, rather than clicking the nearest and hoping you beat 20 other people to it.

I admittedly have no chance against the op squads, however, I know most of the names of players in various TW factions, (thanks to their incessant belittling of each other in wc), and if I see some in my nation, in the same battle, I stick to them, help where I can (stun, HF, etc). Otherwise, I try protecting the flag, or attacking the opposing team's flag carrier.

In time I'm sure the op squads will figure out a way to baselock opposing teams, but for now, its a nice reprieve to actually spend time in battle, rather than watching the minutes roll by at base. I'm pleased with 9400 contribution from last night.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I admittedly have no chance against the op squads, however, I know most of the names of players in various TW factions, (thanks to their incessant belittling of each other in wc), and if I see some in my nation, in the same battle, I stick to them, help where I can (stun, HF, etc). Otherwise, I try protecting the flag, or attacking the opposing team's flag carrier.

In time I'm sure the op squads will figure out a way to baselock opposing teams, but for now, its a nice reprieve to actually spend time in battle, rather than watching the minutes roll by at base. I'm pleased with 9400 contribution from last night.

And your strategy is wiser than mine, my hat is off to ya b:cute... I go into nw solo, and go according to how the people in the lands are moving, and try to get to the disadvantaged battles to help out my nation... Sticking to the "OP's" is definitely a smart tactic if not R9+ oneself... I suspect Boartracker is as good a teacher as a leader from what I have seen....

In time perhaps (in reference to op squads figuring out baselocking again), but I actually doubt it will be as consistent as it was previous to this map update... I have said it before... more lands surrounding the base will specifically reduce baselocking and potential baselocking durations, not end it entirely... I definitely see this upping my personal contribution by about 30-40% due to not getting baselocked or as much... and increasing my own chances of improving my nation's score by being able to get out of base and to where I see fit...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

-Stuff... Bla Bla Bla-

It's RIDICULOUS. It's requiring barely any more effort while rewarding WAAAAY more, thus polarizing the winners and losers even further.

-Repeat same Stuff x 10... Bla Bla Bla-

Your posts are extremely misleading & self-centric, you really don't get the big picture here...

If your nation is holding lets say 30% in the NEW map, you will get the same rewards as if you were holding the same region in the OLD map. The only difference is you need to capture more lands to get the same reward... 1.68 times more lands to be precise.

If you used to be 1 of those op-squads which can hold control over a region of the map by yourself, well, you can't do it anymore. In the new map, you will need the help from the rest of your nation to move the front lines or to base lock the other nation. It not about luck... its about recognized and helping the weaker portions along the front-lines. If not... you will just end up all alone on one land, and contributing almost nothing towards the nation score. The new update takes away some of the power from the elite and gives the power to the middle class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Actually let me clarify, when I stick to them like glue, it is only during that particular battle, especially if the opposing team is using me like a sponge,which often happens. I look for names in that battle of people that are in the same nation and once the battle is over, I go my separate way.

One thing I did notice, people that can cast on others (clerics/venos) seemed much more at ease in casting on fellow nation members to give them buffs, whereas before the map change, it was few and far between since the instances were more often than not, quite lopsided and it was do whatever one could to survive.

I also noticed, I was able to stay with my squad longer, until I got separated from them and was on my own.

I may be a gimp, but I give it my all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Your posts are extremely misleading & self-centric, you really don't get the big picture here...

If your nation is holding lets say 30% in the NEW map, you will get the same rewards as if you were holding the same region in the OLD map. The only difference is you need to capture more lands to get the same reward... 1.68 times more lands to be precise.

If you used to be 1 of those op-squads which can hold control over a region of the map by yourself, well, you can't do it anymore. In the new map, you will need the help from the rest of your nation to move the front lines or to base lock the other nation. It not about luck... its about recognized and helping the weaker portions along the front-lines. If not... you will just end up all alone on one land, and contributing almost nothing towards the nation score. The new update takes away some of the power from the elite and gives the power to the middle class.

If by OP you mean we were one of the base-locking squads, yes.
    If by OP you mean we outgear everyone, no; we would win DESPITE being outgeared simply by playing smart.

And the thing is that it's luck based in the sense that you CANNOT be everywhere at once. Yes, if I see my neighboring lands need help, I can jump in there, but I can't exactly get my squad everywhere at once.

And yes you get the same amount of points based on your nation, but it's harder to consistently earn superior personal points amongst your nation simply because a lot of it depends on luck in the sense that you need to be lucky enough to run into an equal-leveled enemy squad to generate good points. Before? You want good points? The closer you get to the enemy base, the more the odds are stacked against you so more points. If you could handle the heat (and you knew directly where to find it) you get more points. If you couldn't you had to stay out of the heat.
    Now it's all random. Half of the NW was boring as hell because it was just ridiculously easy battles against people who would straight-up run from us. We found TWO battles that were fun and equal odds, and then lost those opponents pretty quickly.

It makes the reward distribution much more random because you need competent allies or you're screwed, and while yes, there's no base-locking, the result is the fun factor of the average NW has also gone down because it's harder to even FIND good opponents.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I see a good discussion and many who seemed to have a better NW experience with the new map. And, as much as I wish I knew exactly what to do, I think that we're all still looking at new strategies for the new map. I'm guessing that the higher number of lands are more important than the PK portions of NW for nation positions. This makes farming less important than nation placement.

However, the OP squads still have an option to divide into 2 squads and increase their chances of a good fight along with helping out by adding additional squads to the nations. If we have 200 ~ 300 players per nation, at 10 peeps per squad, that gives you 20 ~ 30 squads. Cut the squads in half and you have 40 to 60 squads. Just a thought...

Something else I haven't seen mentioned is that 3 nations now have fast attack avenues to them that OP squads could use for attack & defense. Mentioned here. I'd have thought the OP squads would have used this to meet & greet each other. (Flame still gets the short end of the deal, lol.)

Ganking a nation will still drop their placement. It's simple math. But, since we have a finite number of folks playing (squads,) keeping an eye out for cut off lands and getting lands quickly becomes more important. Blocking off lands with just 1 player was working Friday night. (I even know of one battle won by just 1 player as I got there as they planted the 2nd flag.) (This brings up getting folks ready for NW with proper apothecary.) Team work in small groups is very important. This makes playing with non-faction mates and communicating efficiently very important. The lost art of typing messages makes a comeback :) With just a little luck, the folks who stopped doing NW for various reasons may come back. (We all need those additional squads now.) Those squads that used to base lock others might now look at cutting/ blocking off portions of opponent's lands to let fellow nation squads pick up land quickly. Maybe we can co-ordinate actions on a larger scale than doing one squad in Vent...

I would suggest that old TW grudges and egos be set aside and let's see some leadership develop on the servers that can adapt to the teamwork and Nation leadership in NW. This would actually need folks who understand NW tactics and can go from squad member to leader as required weekly. Now that would be interesting to see.

Just my thoughts for free and worth about that much.

edited March 2013
    Options
    Untill the op squads stop trying to baselock it is probably best to avoid those key lands that provide the quickest route between bases unless you are op and/or in an op squad yourself. Essentially just avoid them and let them play with each other. Plenty of space on the new map to fight in areas like the center of the map or on the very far sides of the map. No reason to provide them with an easy target to burn your charm and provide them with easy points.
  • kitty1999
    kitty1999 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I had 3800 personal credits and dark nation got 2nd place and i had got no tokens. A freind was in flame nation and had 3700 and got 33 tokens, why i not get any.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Something else I noticed it last night's NW:

Faster travel time.

Even though you had to walk over twice as much land, it took half the time. Normally in the beginning of NW to get from your base to a border land it would take 2+ minutes, last night it took a little over 1. Did anyone else notice? I thought it was very nice. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I thought it felt faster but I wasn't sure if it was just wishful thinking. I was able to cross the map 3 times last night in a reasonable amount of time so maybe it is faster.