How good at NW is your server?

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Nation Wars
We get an increase in lands to prevent baselocks...

My server sucks so bad, our nation gets baselocked by 1 squad anyway...Lol
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Was it a whole squad or just three people?

Moved to NW forums. b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Dreamweaver had a very short baselock- it took two nations though to do it and ateast one squad from tempest (one of the top two factions) There may have been a dyna squad against us too. Still the more lands definitely helped and made it over all funner.

I geuss they need to limit squad sizes to the old squad size of six.

It is amazing that the dev change the map size in an obvious effort to stop baselocking and what do the players still try to do---duh
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Light got locked for a little bit, then dark got locked for a while. Frost won by 150 points, with the other 3 at around 300 each. Funny that flame ended up in last place despite being the one mainly doing the baselocks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Didn't get any interesting fights due to the map expansion. Was a boring night. b:sleep
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think it was a lot better than previously. I would still like to see full life after death on respawn or double the immune time and would like to see them go back to the old squad size of six only. Teaming up to kill freshly spawned players is still prevalent, and so are groups of really strong players running unstopped. 10 players from dyna or tempest or the top groups from god and vex are simply too strong for a random group of players who aren't in the same vent room and squad. The old squad of six would be better.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think it was a lot better than previously. I would still like to see full life after death on respawn or double the immune time and would like to see them go back to the old squad size of six only. Teaming up to kill freshly spawned players is still prevalent, and so are groups of really strong players running unstopped. 10 players from dyna or tempest or the top groups from god and vex are simply too strong for a random group of players who aren't in the same vent room and squad. The old squad of six would be better.

I like the idea of six max in a squad. It increases the chances even if slightly against those already "pro" at PKing with r9+

They can survive still, just not in such large squads, making those not in them, bend over and squeal like a pig.like normal NW. But the larger map is a great step in the right direction.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I like the idea of six max in a squad. It increases the chances even if slightly against those already "pro" at PKing with r9+

They can survive still, just not in such large squads, making those not in them, bend over and squeal like a pig.like normal NW. But the larger map is a great step in the right direction.

I wish to join your faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Taco_Limey - Harshlands
    Taco_Limey - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Harshlands~No one really got base locked, light did a little i believe. But all in all i was in frost and our total of points was 589, while the rest of the nations had 300-
    Taco_Limey: Harshlands 102 Rank 9 Seeker
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Light went from deep in the recesses of last, to second in the end, and no baselock, so I can't complain.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think the majority of my faction was in Light tonight. Even saw Wickedbrew in a couple of battles doing all the good. I think most of my faction enjoyed the larger map and had more fun. I'd say this is a step in the right direction.

I'd enjoy seeing the 6-man squads as an upcoming glitch for a couple weekends to see how that works out. Might be interesting :)

b:bye
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    My server is good at NW.

Really good.

Maybe a little too good.

In the Animal scale of threats, i'd give my server Mosquito level threat.

Like, That **** be dangerous man.

For real

b:chuckle
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Light went from deep in the recesses of last, to second in the end, and no baselock, so I can't complain.
    light was based locked >.> but we pulled through :D, thanks to squads that actually go out and capture those instances having little enemies and not going for the tough battles for large points instances

INstead of 6man squad why not put a limit on r9.3 in squad >< 10 r9.3 in a squad too op lol
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    it looked like everyone was trying to lock in a clockwise kinda fashoin.......for awhile each team was pushed in on one side light i think almost got completely locked at one point and frost took over the top half of the map near the end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tehee - Dreamweaver
    Tehee - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Larger map is a great change in my opinion. One thing that another player and I have talked about before is the possibility of having the nations switch position on the map itself (e.g. one week Light Nation would be on the west side and the next it could possibly be on the east) because on Dreamweaver it seems as though everybody hates Flame Nation. I don't know if it's because it's at the bottom of the map or because it's red and the color red equals danger :P, but it seems unfair to those in Flame. For example, even with the increase in the number of lands Flame got baselocked in 30 minutes on Sunday by both Light and Dark nation. Overall, great idea increasing the number of lands on the map and I hope things keep changing to keep it fun for the members :D.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Old german server was pretty balanced at NW - in most of cases there was not more than a 1 side baselock and at the end of NW the number of points in all Nations is same (like 40 teritory points difference between winning and losing nation). Sometimes a nation is winning more and other is loosing but then all nations attack the winning one like 1 man and the winning nation is losing teritories rapidly and forced to defence themselves. Sometimes a nation that was losing at start is winning at end just because it took some unprotected teritories of nations busy fighting with the "winning" one. :D

I wonder how it is going to look now, after the merge with French. I bet there will be more fun and probably more static - with the 260 or so (60+few each nation) people participating in German NW most teritories was pretty empty and a solo player could easly conqueer half of the map if he decided to stay away from the line of a few strong, 20vs20 fights (usually huge defending team meet huge attacking team at one teritory and they stuck there while the weaker players just congueer easy lands not meting more than 2 other similliar oponents at a battle). I hope Frech bring more people and make the NW more populated and fun.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    On dreamweaver it seems to be that two nations team up on the third while letting the fourth takeover the majority of the map. The balance of power or skill is very wide. The winning nation is sometimes more than twice the loosing nations points.

I wish they'd just make it so that your toon can walk over an already happening battle. If they don't code it into game mechanics to make it not worth doing than players will continue to do it. It makes it less fun for the people being baselocked, and the people doing the baselock may well be on the other side next week. Therefore it actually makes it less fun for everyone.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Sanctuary has the occasional blowout winner but some nights the nations are very balanced. Generally one nation still gets baselocked per night but it only lasts about 10 minutes.

On a normal night this is what happens: Nation A will jump out to a decent lead the first hour. Second hour they will either retain their lead(20% chance), lose to the nation directly opposite their starting position (70% chance), or something crazy happens and one of the nations adjacent to A wins (10% chance).
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Almost every week a barb invokes against my edged blur in NW so you can figure out where archo stands from that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My squad probably averages r9 +8 on the gear standard. (or did, now we're catching up, but obviously our experience thusfar is based on that average)

There's a good ~10 well-geared (r9rr +12 JoSD) squads that frequent NW.

Only 2-3 of those squads actually pose a problem for us (our odds of beating them are at LEAST 50% or lower). The other 7-8 consistently lose to us despite a significant gear advantage.

The vast majority of squadless people just get spawn-camped and are completely incapable of working with others.

Take from that what you will.
    I <3 AGOREY