New Update - Something positive

Options
trufflles
trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Since its all been about QQing maybe a positive topic wouldn't hurt.

My guess is that ppl are disappointed cuz we expected more...we've seen so many updates on PWCN that we forgot our version is different and since imperial fury it took a different road in development.

We we're expecting flying carpets, weapon fashion, new untamed skills, some changes in wizzies shields, changes in veno pets, skill reshapes on the other classes....but in the end that's china's version....different environment different variables different stage of play...who knows maybe we'll get a different set of updates...maybe we'll get something unique like our 3d cast version was...idk...suffice to say we've gotten so used to follow the news of whats on CN that we forgot to be patient for ours.

Think about it this way...if you haven't had the insight of whats happenning in CN will you be that disappointed? my guess is no

..yes it's full of bugs...any game that doesn't have a beta testing has them (and i'm not say PWCN Beta testing but PWI Beta)....other have them even after beta...those bugs are addressed and if possible/wanted fixed.

Now our update wasn't that big as CN's but in the end we got a new look for untamed that basically added alot of new graphics to one of the oldest races in game (some interesting some not depends on taste here); every skill in tiger/fox form has been redesigned to a new graphical efect....true form one of the most important base skills got an update...fox form got one also....sure it's not that big....but there is one.

so be patient....the intent to improve the gameplay exists...maybe not at a rate that you wish for...but it exists (you do realize that this game survived more than most of its kind on the market...and has added new content every year...good or bad)

What else?.... after a couple of months of endless QQ about how broken nw is and baselock and crash issues....they implemented a fix/update for Nation Wars (again maybe not as fast as u've hopped for ...but it still got here)...i don't see any of those loud mouths QQing about this, ever saying a thanks for this....and u know why? cuz they so gotten used to the idea that is being fixed (from CN News) that when it came it was totally ignored...

now you got a new subject to QQ about....you got your answer now why wouldn't you just vote in that poll and stop nagging...

In the end just stop for a second and think before act...the game is evolving...do that yourself
raging psy

- first off 3 days have passed from the maintenance ...name 1 update that didn't have rage in the 1 week...have some patience and see what's coming.

-"and a NW change that has as much potential to be bad as good." first the new NW session didn't even started and your assuming from the start it's bad or how is it? guilty until proven innocent?

- "this update has thusfar broken more than it's fixed" again tell me 1 update that didn't had that...but somehow u managed to continue...if it wasn't ingame it was from game's software or server connection

-"One update that didn't break more than it fixed? Uhhh, all of them. This update single-handedly killed FC, Warsong weapon drops, TW income, TW timeslots and made sage barb true form 100% superior to demon in every possible way" true, but i don't see those on the forum..some here and then..all is about 1 broken thing and thats FC...and u call this major bugs cuz their the ones affecting a vast majority of the peeps...thrust me every update had bugs and breaks this one just hit the right nerve...
-None of them save the NW one. You know why? Because they're all broken, save for the new veno forms.

-No, I'm saying we can't exactly sit here and praise the update because we haven't experienced it yet. I'm saying the ONLY update that hasn't received criticism thusfar? It's because we don't have a right to judge it yet. Kinda sad if the ONLY thing not criticized is the one we have yet to experience.

You wanna talk rage? Read your response, ....

But this thread? You're so open-minded your brain is falling out.

- i call your rage cuz u obviously don't see the fact that they did an upgrade (and not just some skills but around half of them if not more) on the graphics of a old class...which the majority of the peeps had their hopes down long time ago...this didn't happened ever..which by some definition is called a step forward...< putting that brain back to the too open mind...in case your rainbow decides to **** again

all i'm saying is have patience...rage can be civilized too
Post edited by trufflles on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    'Tf kind of rainbow-farting thread is this?

Listen, I'm all for telling people that think it's trendy to hate on something they play constantly to shutup, but this update has thusfar broken more than it's fixed, the only plus-sides being an aesthetic change to two classes that does absolutely nothing (or hell, that's broken too, with demon barbs complaining sage barbs have their same benefits) and a NW change that has as much potential to be bad as good.

People have every right to complain. They don't think "omg new update" and expect to see a bunch of stuff broken. And no, if we hadn't heard about the update, it wouldn't change squat. The fact of the matter is that overnight, PWI broken several game features.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i dont like the new NW map
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • taringa181
    taringa181 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    it is disappointing how one of the biggest gaming companies such Perfect World (600mil $ capitalization?) it's able to do lesser updates than micro companies or even private servers, i mean how is it possible that companies with prolly 1/100 of pwi's employees are able to constantly update\fix\patch\dlcs games and pwi can not.

prolly they are focusing ALL their assets on other games i suppose, but really 5-6 people are
    enough to manage run and update a pw server... since pwi is not developing anything but just translating from china...

i feel like pw offices are like that kind of working environment where 95% of people are best friends\parents\relatives of management that does barely nothing, and the remaining 5% is overloaded by tasks and ofc its able to manage few of them with a poor quality in a high time lapse

trough years i've spent 4 digits cash money in this game cause it was fun and had potential, still i can see that potential, but i also see there must be something rotten in pwi management, as a loyal customer i demand better service quality.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    First off, I'd like to say thank you to trufflles for the refreshingly positive post, despite these trying times. Yes, this update did break some of our content, however, it is being addressed. Also, I'd like to say thank you to v4liance for being very open and honest about this issue, and for working his best at doing everything he can. We need more people like these two, both as members of our community, as well as GMs alike. Kudos to both of you.

As for everyone else, yes there are bugs, and I'd like to see PWI start an open beta server for some members to test the upcoming patches about a month ahead of time. These wouldn't be for people to have fun and games in, but rather test the old and new content alike, and assist in preventing these sorts of things. I understand people's irritation when bugs like this happen, especially without a program such as this. I think what people fail to understand is that there are literally a million and one ways to get a point across, without being rude to others.

To taringa181, I too, have spent money on this game. Maybe not in the 4th digit yet, but several hundred. I do agree that the game has much potential, but raging like this will solve nothing but getting your post deleted, or even worse, getting your account banned. Try to show a little empathy, as this game is reliant on it's parent company. Sadly, it is dependent to a degree which gives our staff very little power, and it comes at a cost.

All in all people, we have a great game, and a wonderful community. If all of us could be a little more open mind, like trufflles, and more determined like Val, then I think we could make this an even greater place for everyone.

- Crix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    trufflles wrote: »

- first off 3 days have passed from the maintenance ...name 1 update that didn't have rage in the 1 week...have some patience and see what's coming.

-"and a NW change that has as much potential to be bad as good." first the new NW session didn't even started and your assuming from the start it's bad or how is it? guilty until proven innocent?

- "this update has thusfar broken more than it's fixed" again tell me 1 update that didn't had that...but somehow u managed to continue...if it wasn't ingame it was from game's software or server connection

-None of them save the NW one. You know why? Because they're all broken, save for the new veno forms.

-No, I'm saying we can't exactly sit here and praise the update because we haven't experienced it yet. I'm saying the ONLY update that hasn't received criticism thusfar? It's because we don't have a right to judge it yet. Kinda sad if the ONLY thing not criticized is the one we have yet to experience.

-One update that didn't break more than it fixed? Uhhh, all of them. This update single-handedly killed FC, Warsong weapon drops, TW income, TW timeslots and made sage barb true form 100% superior to demon in every possible way. None of that has JACK to do with this update except for the last one, so it's quite amazing and quite embarassing that they managed to simultaneously break a bunch of stuff that has jack-all to do with the update itself.

You wanna talk rage? Read your response, read how you discredit my post as "rage" while not listening to a damned word I said. I myself said I'm usually one of the first to criticize all the little kiddos who hate on the game and it's management solely because it's trendy to do so.

But this thread? You're so open-minded your brain is falling out. Yes the bugs will be fixed, but it should NOT happen that a simple update to untamed forms breaks a ton of regular instances people enjoy for a week, and NO we should not be sitting here encouraging them to do such broken updates again as if it's no biggie; I'm sure the PWI team themselves agrees with me, cause I'm sure they now have EXTRA work picking up all the pieces. No, PWI should not be burned at the stake for making such a mistake via a crappy, poorly-done update, but no, PWI has not earned a cookie for installing bugs "with good intentions!!" No, rainbow **** threads are not ALWAYS neccesary; sometimes people's criticism of an update is well warranted. Or are you of the opinion that no FC, no r9 3rd warsong molds, mirage income (With archo's mirage income you can sell the mirages and afford SIX WHOLE TOWERS to help defend archosaur!!), and monday night TW time slots are all fabulous improvements?

You're sitting here basically cheering PWI on for **** up and allowing an update to go through that -literally- broke more than it fixed (not a trendy cool-kid exaggeration, that's reality), for no reason other than because you hate people being so negative. Next time, focus on the context and focus on WHY people are so negative, and don't just assume they deserve a lecture just because there's something inheritly wrong with being negative about this "update" (update in quotes because it's really just a giant bug with minor update elements as a side-dish).

Your intentions are good, but your brain doesn't seem to be on. Much like PWI or the Chinese devs when they green-lit this update before it was ready.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Its back to the old saying "You cant please everyone." b:tired.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Must be said; they could REALLY use a public test realm.

But some of the bugs that slip through do suggest they don't even do a "Ok, I can log my character on; and use a couple of skills" sniff test. The snowmen debacle springs to mind...
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options

-One update that didn't break more than it fixed? Uhhh, all of them. This update single-handedly killed FC, Warsong weapon drops, TW income, TW timeslots and made sage barb true form 100% superior to demon in every possible way. None of that has JACK to do with this update except for the last one, so it's quite amazing and quite embarassing that they managed to simultaneously break a bunch of stuff that has jack-all to do with the update itself.

You wanna talk rage? Read your response, read how you discredit my post as "rage" while not listening to a damned word I said. I myself said I'm usually one of the first to criticize all the little kiddos who hate on the game and it's management solely because it's trendy to do so.

But this thread? You're so open-minded your brain is falling out. Yes the bugs will be fixed, but it should NOT happen that a simple update to untamed forms breaks a ton of regular instances people enjoy for a week, and NO we should not be sitting here encouraging them to do such broken updates again as if it's no biggie; I'm sure the PWI team themselves agrees with me, cause I'm sure they now have EXTRA work picking up all the pieces. No, PWI should not be burned at the stake for making such a mistake via a crappy, poorly-done update, but no, PWI has not earned a cookie for installing bugs "with good intentions!!" No, rainbow **** threads are not ALWAYS neccesary; sometimes people's criticism of an update is well warranted. Or are you of the opinion that no FC, no r9 3rd warsong molds, mirage income (With archo's mirage income you can sell the mirages and afford SIX WHOLE TOWERS to help defend archosaur!!), and monday night TW time slots are all fabulous improvements?

You're sitting here basically cheering PWI on for **** up and allowing an update to go through that -literally- broke more than it fixed (not a trendy cool-kid exaggeration, that's reality), for no reason other than because you hate people being so negative. Next time, focus on the context and focus on WHY people are so negative, and don't just assume they deserve a lecture just because there's something inheritly wrong with being negative about this "update" (update in quotes because it's really just a giant bug with minor update elements as a side-dish).

Your intentions are good, but your brain doesn't seem to be on. Much like PWI or the Chinese devs when they green-lit this update before it was ready.

You sir, missed the entire point to his thread. It's not about the fact that PWI let these slip past, and giving them some kind of "gold medal" for it, because I wouldn't even give them a gold medal for that. However, it's about the fact that we should appreciate what we have. PWI does NOT have their own Dev's, according to oVenusArmanio. Furthermore, we (PWI) are bound to a contract with China. This is why it is so difficult to get changes made. I'm sure that PWI would be more than happy to try out some of our ideas, if it weren't for this contract.

This thread is about being grateful, and thanking PWI for what they have done, and that we will stand by them through these errors, and support them by finding these bugs. No one is perfect, especially when their dealt a **** hand. Sure, you can make do with the cards that your dealt, but that can only go so far. Also, THIS is the hand that WE (the players) were dealt. Deal with it. Move on. Say something productive, or please, say nothing at all. It really gets tiresome hearing trolls like you come on here and do nothing but QQ over the stupidest things. Yes, I'm angry. People like v4liance come here and work their **** off for us to be able to play this amazing and beautiful MMO, and somehow, just somehow, people like you manage to tarnish it for us by whining, and crying, and just plain trolling.

Learn some maturity and respect for those who offer you gifts such as PWI. Ever hear? Don't bite the hand that feeds you. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Well, in appreciation:
    I **** rainbows when I jump now.

So yeah, the new foxform is kinda cool.
  • taringa181
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You sir, missed the entire point to his thread. It's not about the fact that PWI let these slip past, and giving them some kind of "gold medal" for it, because I wouldn't even give them a gold medal for that. However, it's about the fact that we should appreciate what we have. PWI does NOT have their own Dev's, according to oVenusArmanio. Furthermore, we (PWI) are bound to a contract with China. This is why it is so difficult to get changes made. I'm sure that PWI would be more than happy to try out some of our ideas, if it weren't for this contract.

This thread is about being grateful, and thanking PWI for what they have done, and that we will stand by them through these errors, and support them by finding these bugs. No one is perfect, especially when their dealt a **** hand. Sure, you can make do with the cards that your dealt, but that can only go so far. Also, THIS is the hand that WE (the players) were dealt. Deal with it. Move on. Say something productive, or please, say nothing at all. It really gets tiresome hearing trolls like you come on here and do nothing but QQ over the stupidest things. Yes, I'm angry. People like v4liance come here and work their **** off for us to be able to play this amazing and beautiful MMO, and somehow, just somehow, people like you manage to tarnish it for us by whining, and crying, and just plain trolling.

Learn some maturity and respect for those who offer you gifts such as PWI. Ever hear? Don't bite the hand that feeds you. b:angry

grateful wat?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are REAL f2p games that actually have LARGE CONTENT UPDATES\DLCS EVERY DAMN WEEK, to have a content update here we must wait at least half a year and when they come THEY ARE ****ED UP!!!!!!!!
    how can you be grateful?! it's a real REAL SHAME i spent lot o cash and made such a large network of friends on this game otherwise id have quitted already.

i think this is the very first case where the same product but MADE IN CHINA has by far an outstanding superior quality than the same product but MADE IN USA
  • Busaneck - Archosaur
    Busaneck - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It took them not even 24 hours to take +12 dragon orbs out of the boutique when they thought there was more money to be had in them. But when players are having issues in actual game play to revert some code takes? who knows how long this will take them to fix...
    Way to look out for the consumer or i mean yourselves.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Boutique's completely under the control of PWE, for content updates (and bug fixes) they're dependent on Wanmei.
    i think this is the very first case where the same product but MADE IN CHINA has by far an outstanding superior quality than the same product but MADE IN USA

PWI is completely made in China, except for localizations and boutique sales.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It took them not even 24 hours to take +12 dragon orbs out of the boutique when they thought there was more money to be had in them. But when players are having issues in actual game play to revert some code takes? who knows how long this will take them to fix...
    Way to look out for the consumer or i mean yourselves.

>TFW You realize PWE only has control over their boutique and translations but cannot do anything with the in-game code.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • taringa181
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Boutique's completely under the control of PWE, for content updates (and bug fixes) they're dependent on Wanmei.

PWI is completely made in China, except for localizations and boutique sales.

yea, too bad pw china has lots of features more and a lot less bugs respect pwi... so an overall better quality!

i mean just why dont you develop something new and flawless by yourself pwi?! with just the cash milked out from the chienkun sales u should be able to pay a decent IT engineer to bring out few more skills or gears or even classes...

but i guess that cash is actually collected by someone that instead of working on something serious, is spending his\her day on facebook or near the coffee maker...
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You are just plain rude. I seriously hope someone sees this and KSOS (Kill Steal on Sight) you. If I was on your server, I'd do it personally, just to see you QQ. I'm sick of people like you coming on here, and refusing to see what's right before their eyes. PWI does NOT have their own Dev's, and this is likely due to the FACT that they are bound to a legal contract. If they break this contract, then likely we won't have a game. China will probably storm the PWI keep, march their happy arses up to the servers, and shut them down. /endnightmare

At any rate, this is the game we chose to play, it's not their first time making a mistake. We chose to stay, despite these many mistakes. If you were gonna go anywhere, you would have done so long go, so sthu, stop QQ'ing, and go play the game. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taringa181
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You are just plain rude. I seriously hope someone sees this and KSOS (Kill Steal on Sight) you. If I was on your server, I'd do it personally, just to see you QQ. I'm sick of people like you coming on here, and refusing to see what's right before their eyes. PWI does NOT have their own Dev's, and this is likely due to the FACT that they are bound to a legal contract. If they break this contract, then likely we won't have a game. China will probably storm the PWI keep, march their happy arses up to the servers, and shut them down. /endnightmare

At any rate, this is the game we chose to play, it's not their first time making a mistake. We chose to stay, despite these many mistakes. If you were gonna go anywhere, you would have done so long go, so sthu, stop QQ'ing, and go play the game. b:angry

pfff, meh also pwi has their own devs (explain pwi r9r3 made out of morai textures...)
    i'm rly angry just because after all the time and resources invested in this game, i see it getting worse rather than being improved...

and i am not talking about something "relative" like classes skills or gears to be balanced etch... it's the plain game that is getting harder and harder to be enjoyed for the point i stated above:

so much time to get a content update, and when we get it, its little news and comes always with major bugs

and i am being harsh about pwi employees "being bored", because some times ago i read on some company rating site about ex-pwi employes work experiences and rating on their company.... many ex-pwi employees stated that parents\relatives\friends of the management are being hired and then they "warm their chairs" while few "donkeys" are overloaded by tasks...

i did not care too much about those rates, but now those can clearly find a match
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    trufflles wrote: »
    Since its all been about QQing maybe a positive topic wouldn't hurt.

My guess is that ppl are disappointed cuz we expected more...we've seen so many updates on PWCN that we forgot our version is different and since imperial fury it took a different road in development.

We we're expecting flying carpets, weapon fashion, new untamed skills, some changes in wizzies shields, changes in veno pets, skill reshapes on the other classes....but in the end that's china's version....different environment different variables different stage of play...who knows maybe we'll get a different set of updates...maybe we'll get something unique like our 3d cast version was...idk...suffice to say we've gotten so used to follow the news of whats on CN that we forgot to be patient for ours.

Think about it this way...if you haven't had the insight of whats happenning in CN will you be that disappointed? my guess is no

..yes it's full of bugs...any game that doesn't have a beta testing has them (and i'm not say PWCN Beta testing but PWI Beta)....other have them even after beta...those bugs are addressed and if possible/wanted fixed.

Now our update wasn't that big as CN's but in the end we got a new look for untamed that basically added alot of new graphics to one of the oldest races in game (some interesting some not depends on taste here); every skill in tiger/fox form has been redesigned to a new graphical efect....true form one of the most important base skills got an update...fox form got one also....sure it's not that big....but there is one.

so be patient....the intent to improve the gameplay exists...maybe not at a rate that you wish for...but it exists (you do realize that this game survived more than most of its kind on the market...and has added new content every year...good or bad)

What else?.... after a couple of months of endless QQ about how broken nw is and baselock and crash issues....they implemented a fix/update for Nation Wars (again maybe not as fast as u've hopped for ...but it still got here)...i don't see any of those loud mouths QQing about this, ever saying a thanks for this....and u know why? cuz they so gotten used to the idea that is being fixed (from CN News) that when it came it was totally ignored...

now you got a new subject to QQ about....you got your answer now why wouldn't you just vote in that poll and stop nagging...

In the end just stop for a second and think before act...the game is evolving...do that yourself

-"One update that didn't break more than it fixed? Uhhh, all of them. This update single-handedly killed FC, Warsong weapon drops, TW income, TW timeslots and made sage barb true form 100% superior to demon in every possible way" true, but i don't see those on the forum..some here and then..all is about 1 broken thing and thats FC...and u call this major bugs cuz their the ones affecting a vast majority of the peeps...thrust me every update had bugs and breaks this one just hit the right nerve...

- i call your rage cuz u obviously don't see the fact that they did an upgrade (and not just some skills but around half of them if not more) on the graphics of a old class...which the majority of the peeps had their hopes down long time ago...this didn't happened ever..which by some definition is called a step forward...< putting that brain back to the too open mind...in case your rainbow decides to **** again

Unfortunately for veteran players like myself, it's quite hard to see the positive side to so many issues. I've seen this game go from being managed pretty well, to being poorly managed. It's sad that with a game so easily entertaining, so many issues arise.

If the broken content was a first, I'd happily accept the apology and get on with playing the game. This is however not the first time. It happens every major content patch or expansion, and it's quite ridiculous. I've seen specific parts of the game's content or features break, then get fixed a week later, then break and get fixed, etc. Also, bugs have plagued the game since 08. Some of the original bugs and glitches have been ignored for years. New features are pushed out, along with new content and it tends to break the old stuff, which is either ignored or fixed months later.

The upside is the new CM is pretty active in terms of addressing a lot of the stuff. Still, a lot of the bugs that get reported (majority), are 100% ignored. I have old tickets that I sent back in 09, on a list of 50-100 bugs. They are still present in the game - most of them, anyways.

Another positive is overall, more content is being added which is nice. Even if it lacks a real purpose, such as the new transformations for Barbs/Venos. I can't get too upset at PWE or Wanmei for at least attempting to add new content. I mean, it's a game after all. There's no need for me to get upset or something, as it's purely for fun.

A lot of people had expected significant updates to the game, including that long list of features that should have came in this recent patch, but never did. Instead, they were given content with no purpose, and not even half of what was supposed to have came in this patch. Honestly, I'm confused at when we will get the rest of this content update. With the expansion coming in August, I'd assume we are getting the rest of this update in between. But really, it should have been pushed out all at once. Also, many people didn't expect things like FF hypers and warsong wep molds to just break. I mean, this is a huge blow to non-CSers. A lot of people sold big room and a lot of players farmed warsong for g16 weps, because r9 was too expensive.

So, yes I completely understand that players should just be happy and positive that these issues are getting resolved slowly, and at least we can still play the game. On the negative side; well, read above.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is why it is better not to expect that we get half the things China gets, because we're 2 completely separate entities. Clearly, or our versions would be identical (which they have never been), and we would get the same expansions and updates at the same time (which we never do). It's like comparing Chocolate to Cheese, two excellent foods, but not very similar in taste >.> Though they both make great sauce b:chuckle
    This is also why I never read anything about the Chinese version, so I'm very rarely disappointed.
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    While I'm agree with this Thread, I won't say my thank you if I don't know the staffs behind PWI's desk yet.
    They could be a bum working there not because they have passion for MMO / wants to grow this game, but just work there purely for money, or even worse, has a kid mentality where working in a game industry is cool because you can meet the GMs or become the GMs etc.

This game is still running because the income is still coming, and I'm sure it's not purely PWI's hammer to push the content updates, but it must be coming from Wanmei too.
    Who knows if PWI staffs just work with whatever they can without getting care about the result as long they can report to Wanmei that "hey the update has been released, so get off from our tail from the time being yo." then they go sleezing around again.

I will only thanking the ones with work result that I can see: v4l and the guys or girls who did the translation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • taringa181
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    While I'm agree with this Thread, I won't say my thank you if I don't know the staffs behind PWI's desk yet.
    They could be a bum working there not because they have passion for MMO / wants to grow this game, but just work there purely for money, or even worse, has a kid mentality where working in a game industry is cool because you can meet the GMs or become the GMs etc.

This game is still running because the income is still coming, and I'm sure it's not purely PWI's hammer to push the content updates, but it must be coming from Wanmei too.
    Who knows if PWI staffs just work with whatever they can without getting care about the result as long they can report to Wanmei that "hey the update has been released, so get off from our tail from the time being yo." then they go sleezing around again.

I will only thanking the ones with work result that I can see: v4l and the guys or girls who did the translation.

+1 , thanks god there are ppl like val and the others active here that are doing what is humanly possible... but where the **** are all the other Perfect World assets?! as a 600 mil$ company this kind of QoS is untolerable! They should have 100 people working on PWI not 4-5 and w.e.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    taringa181 wrote: »
    pfff, meh also pwi has their own devs (explain pwi r9r3 made out of morai textures...)
    i'm rly angry just because after all the time and resources invested in this game, i see it getting worse rather than being improved...

and i am not talking about something "relative" like classes skills or gears to be balanced etch... it's the plain game that is getting harder and harder to be enjoyed for the point i stated above:

so much time to get a content update, and when we get it, its little news and comes always with major bugs

and i am being harsh about pwi employees "being bored", because some times ago i read on some company rating site about ex-pwi employes work experiences and rating on their company.... many ex-pwi employees stated that parents\relatives\friends of the management are being hired and then they "warm their chairs" while few "donkeys" are overloaded by tasks...

i did not care too much about those rates, but now those can clearly find a match

Hello there, I did some research into your claims about unsatisfied PWI employees, and I'm going to admit that it seems you are 100% correct that employees were unsatisfied. However, I will let you view the following Link

As you can clearly see, yes, there are bad reviews. However, it very likely could be disgruntled employees who got canned for legitimate reasons. Not defending either PWI nor the employees, simply giving validation to some of your claims.

This is all public information, which took me a 5 second google search of "PWI employee reviews". I'd advise that a MOD doesn't remove this post, especially if others have already seen it. That would make PWI look VERY bad.

I have a dream of working for PWI myself, and these reviews don't change that. Will I say that everyone is perfect in the job point of view, no. There is always room for improvement.

- Crix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taringa181
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well if one or two are releasing bad rates its ok...
    if there are how many? ten i guess? and if i am not wrong there is even an ex-senior manager saying the same things.... its totally another planet!

i really hope in future, for the good of pw as company, they will hire new employees with your kind of willpower (and i hope better amount of IT-skills) to replace the rotten assets, i run my own business,a micro business if compared to PW, i can clearly recognize when assets are behaving apart from being efficient)
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    True, and I agree. Some things definitely need to change, the question at hand, and the question that I want to know is what exactly all is entailed in their contract with China? How much power do they really have, and how many times have we been told that they don't have any power, when in all reality, they might. Maybe doing some digging around the internet and finding out what's really in this contract might be beneficial to some of the members of this community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • someshine
    someshine Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    my 2 coins..

I havent played PWI for that long (highest lvl is 90), but I gotta say this..
    Yes.. We did have a lot of ****ups this update..
    No, things aint always super cool or fixed when it should be..
    And yes, there's bugs that are years old that still havent been fixed..

But SERIOUSLY.. This is a FREE game.. Putting money into it is YOUR OWN choice.. I have put a total of 15 Euro into this game.. The rest I will grind the hard way.. Because doing it any other way will be too expensive..

And if you rage about bugs in a game like this, try watching one bugged update after another come through in a Real Cash Economy game.. (RCE = you can not only depo but also withdraw, and EVERYTHING has an RL price)

I agree with OP.. We should be thankful for what we got.. and this FC hyper break gave me time to get some TT farmed.. Dont say nothing good comes out of ****ups.. :)
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    'Tf kind of rainbow-farting thread is this?

Listen, I'm all for telling people that think it's trendy to hate on something they play constantly to shutup, but this update has thusfar broken more than it's fixed, the only plus-sides being an aesthetic change to two classes that does absolutely nothing (or hell, that's broken too, with demon barbs complaining sage barbs have their same benefits) and a NW change that has as much potential to be bad as good.

People have every right to complain. They don't think "omg new update" and expect to see a bunch of stuff broken. And no, if we hadn't heard about the update, it wouldn't change squat. The fact of the matter is that overnight, PWI broken several game features.

LOL this all day
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lawlz b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    id like moar fashion pl0x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    Options
    id like moar fashion pl0x

What's fashion got to do with this thread? *Face Palm* Get back on topic b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taringa181
    edited March 2013
    Options
    well that fashion request it is still some kind in-topic

because yea, this game and this community deserve more frequent content updates (as long as they dont imply major bugs)