Whats the purpose of Panda Form?

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LOL. I have a barb dont worry. I say "no offense" but you cant complain about defense if you choose a demon barb

No seriously, if you have a barb, you don't play it or play it well. There is more to barbs than defense.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No seriously, if you have a barb, you don't play it or play it well. There is more to barbs than defense.

Yes but....we dont have skills yet. How do you know barbs demon won't get super OP skills in panda form after? This is just panda change form, is not complete yet. Maybe all you demon barbs need to wait future updates.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The new form is just a Kung Fu Panda wanna be. It's not bad looking, but come on, it's too cartoonish. And the freakin womens jewlery is rediculous. I rather have a hip hop rope chain with a medallion, than a womens chain latched onto a gold purse.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Levantica - Raging Tide
    Levantica - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The new form is just a Kung Fu Panda wanna be. It's not bad looking, but come on, it's too cartoonish. And the freakin womens jewlery is rediculous. I rather have a hip hop rope chain with a medallion, than a womens chain latched onto a gold purse.

Maybe soon you will get Ballet Dress in pink color b:cuteb:pleased
  • Crimson_Moon - Momaganon
    Crimson_Moon - Momaganon Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Quite a disappointment.
    We can't do anything, but wait for future updates.
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Quite a disappointment.
    We can't do anything, but wait for future updates.

Whoever the buck gives new form but without even one single new skill to go with it? Also same bonuses when using both of the alternate forms, that kinda sucks.

Thats like giving ice-cream cone to the customer but without the icecream b:shutup
    (bad example I know)
  • YabbaDabba - Harshlands
    YabbaDabba - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was little disappointed with new form. I thought it would open another way of playing barbarian class, however it does absolutely nothing at the moment. Yeh I mean you get 20 chi, but cmon.

What I was hoping for is something different, something that could give you edge in PvP, this is really lacking for barbs at the moment. Try taking down anyone or anything in Nation Wars, (similar geared to you, not talking about TT70 clerics). Its next to impossible. True you make that up with survivability, but to be honest, with r9rr archers psy's and wizards, purify weapons, constant purge and debuffs, even 40k barb like me can leave only till invoke is active. Zerk that r9 weapon has on it is not enough to make us even with other classes.

Barbs are suppose to be tanking class, but that isn't really what we are anymore. Meat shield, distraction, punching bag - those things come to my mind at the moment.
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    Oups_Dead - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was little disappointed with new form. I thought it would open another way of playing barbarian class, however it does absolutely nothing at the moment. Yeh I mean you get 20 chi, but cmon.

What I was hoping for is something different, something that could give you edge in PvP, this is really lacking for barbs at the moment. Try taking down anyone or anything in Nation Wars, (similar geared to you, not talking about TT70 clerics). Its next to impossible. True you make that up with survivability, but to be honest, with r9rr archers psy's and wizards, purify weapons, constant purge and debuffs, even 40k barb like me can leave only till invoke is active. Zerk that r9 weapon has on it is not enough to make us even with other classes.

Barbs are suppose to be tanking class, but that isn't really what we are anymore. Meat shield, distraction, punching bag - those things come to my mind at the moment.
    dude 20 chi every 2secs meaning that while u r in invoke can gain bk 2 sparks ...huge 1 also u get 100% damage on tiger form instead of 50%
    yabba :one of the best barbs on HL since 2011
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LOL. I have a barb dont worry. I say "no offense" but you cant complain about defense if you choose a demon barb

Quit this **** right here.

Earlier you said sage barbs > demon barbs in terms of tanking. May I have a laugh? Did you possibly mean sages are better meatshields than demon barbs because trust me, you won't tank a thing without decent damage. b:thanks

Sage gets good HP/Def + human form benefits. Demon gets good dmg/crit+tiger form benefits and also more crowd control. I see sages as flag carriers, catabarbs, last men standing. Demons, however, shine in group PK, mob pulling AND holding aggro of said pull and also keeping bosses aggroed.

Heck, already two of my sage barb friends have asked me how to get aggro back from a sin.

Show me an instance or boss I could not tank as a demon barb. b:bye
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dude 20 chi every 2secs meaning that while u r in invoke can gain bk 2 sparks ...huge 1 also u get 100% damage on tiger form instead of 50%

True, but if you are stunned/seal/etc, you can't transform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited March 2013

Yes because, its obvious:

1.You will use invoke when there is no one else around you to decrease the damage you are not taking.

2. In TW you will politely ask Mr. Towers and Dark / Infamous members to let you be, while you invoke - and than like a r3tard shapeshift form 20 times to get chi back, after which game will "unpause" and you will get hit again for few minutes, than I pause again to invoke and get chi

Just FYI, if you invoke - that means you are taking fire. If you are taking fire, it is likely you will get stunned / sealed / occulted iced / purged .... One more piece of information that seems to elude you Oups, while in any of these states you are unable to shapeshift like r3tard for 30 seconds to get chi back.
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    dude u get both demon nd sage true form effects combined + free incredible chi gain nd u r complaining ? seriously? why would u even complain for spending 5m on a skill while u need to buy others for 30mils? not satisfied don;t learn it . other classes should complain instead barbs r already OP with the new morai skills this thread should be closed for QQing with no reason.
    edited March 2013
    I am not QQing I am expressing my opinion. I said I am disappointed and that I expected more. If that qualify as QQing, than I apologize.
    why would u even complain for spending 5m on a skill while u need to buy others for 30mils?
    Show me where I complained about 5 million?

I think you need to re read what I said.
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    I am not QQing I am expressing my opinion. I said I am disappointed and that I expected more. If that qualify as QQing, than I apologize.

Show me where I complained about 5 million?

I think you need to re read what I said.
    don;'t think anyone would have expected new skills for barb ugh i think other classes could use some new skills like mystics u got enough in my opinion
  • Oups_Dead - Harshlands
    edited March 2013
    also yabba don't ever expect anything from pwi ;) u might be disappointed 99% of the time
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You're getting 20Chi and 100% damage with Tiger True Form too. No need to be Panda.

I just hope they will leave 100% damage for Sage barbs in True Form. It's nice to have extra DD while tanking.
    Overall, I like the look and animation of skills. For me it was worth spending 5m just for new looks.
    edited March 2013
    Animations are cool, frigthen is really funny lol
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You're getting 20Chi and 100% damage with Tiger True Form too. No need to be Panda.

I just hope they will leave 100% damage for Sage barbs in True Form. It's nice to have extra DD while tanking.
    Overall, I like the look and animation of skills. For me it was worth spending 5m just for new looks.

if they leave 100% dmg in tiger for sages means one more point to being sage at 89.
  • Theriom - Heavens Tear
    Theriom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Quit this **** right here.

Earlier you said sage barbs > demon barbs in terms of tanking. May I have a laugh? Did you possibly mean sages are better meatshields than demon barbs because trust me, you won't tank a thing without decent damage. b:thanks

Sage gets good HP/Def + human form benefits. Demon gets good dmg/crit+tiger form benefits and also more crowd control. I see sages as flag carriers, catabarbs, last men standing. Demons, however, shine in group PK, mob pulling AND holding aggro of said pull and also keeping bosses aggroed.

Heck, already two of my sage barb friends have asked me how to get aggro back from a sin.

Show me an instance or boss I could not tank as a demon barb. b:bye

What he said. b:cool
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    npced both demon skill

totaly **** and useless for demon barbs, only waste 6 mill coin.
    this 5% crit avoid chance is nonsense... +5% magic attack more usefull for demon barbs or maybe +5% flyspeed is almost better then this effect

lol @ u
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes because, its obvious:
    2. In TW you will politely ask Mr. Towers and Dark / Infamous members to let you be, while you invoke - and than like a r3tard shapeshift form 20 times to get chi back, after which game will "unpause" and you will get hit again for few minutes, than I pause again to invoke and get chi

this was too good, had a laugh for about 5 minutes....but in the end its sooo true...sure it gives a neet bonus ...but in the end it wont suffice for a chi burn or let you regain your chi back asap. its an alternative way to get chi while not in battle...(and as a sage barb hell no i wont reduce my hp with 40% by going crazy with human/tiger shapeshifts while in battle)...as to flameofbs your a barb u should know that
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    slamstone wrote: »
    this was too good, had a laugh for about 5 minutes....but in the end its sooo true...sure it gives a neet bonus ...but in the end it wont suffice for a chi burn or let you regain your chi back asap. its an alternative way to get chi while not in battle...(and as a sage barb hell no i wont reduce my hp with 40% by going crazy with human/tiger shapeshifts while in battle)...as to flameofbs your a barb u should know that

Both intensified Sage True Form and Sage Panda Form give 20 chi per cast and they are separate skills. You will not reduce your HP or PDef by switching between them and all Tiger Form skills will be available.
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To turn barbs into pandas......
    Duuhh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VergilSama - Raging Tide
    VergilSama - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013

If PWI has to make Panda Form just for looks and make players spend 6 million for it, they could just give it as an option

Who the hell wants a crappy looking panda

exactily
  • AbbieKat - Sanctuary
    AbbieKat - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is not so much a QQ as a comment about p1ss poor timing on my part.

I started playing PWI initially not too long after it was launched. At the time I was leveling a Venomancer, and spent many months grinding my tail off so I could afford a herc. I finally did get that herc and about a week later hercs were nerfed so they could no longer hold aggro as effectively. Then, a few months later PWI introduced Zeal genies, further degrading utility of Venomancers. True, there's supposed to be a complete revamp of battle pets in the offing, but it only took PWI four years to make the class viable again.

About a year ago I started a Barb (I don't power level) and reached 89 about a month ago. I'd already determined that I wanted to go Demon and began collecting all the books. I reached 100 a few days ago with a Demon Barbarian that was nerfed with respect to Sage Barbarians.

There's a certain irony here, and even though some in this thread have suggested Demon Barbarian skills will be expanded, PWI's track record suggests any such skills will not be available any time soon.

I'm quite willing to accept that my game-playing decisions are my responsibility, but would it be too freaking much to ask that PWI keep us apprised per future game changes and the scheduling thereof? I don't think communication with the player base is too much to ask, so we might make informed decisions, particularly with respect to the time and money we sink into this game.

PWE gets a failing grade from me for communication to the player base; sheer laziness and complete incompetence. The ubiquitous excuse that they depend on China for their information simply doesn't cut it.

EDIT: Most reputable MMORPGs provide something akin to Developers' Notes, which is usually a weekly update on planned changes. Instead of the bomb-dropping news releases PWE gives us a day or two before implementations, the Notes would give us an informal glance farther into the future, with respect to the game's direction. I think this kind of communication is little enough to ask.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    **** over demon barbs, that it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Furrface - Dreamweaver
    Furrface - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone choosing to say Barbs are heading into obsolescence is ridiculous,PWI w/out Barbs would be like Time Square without hookers.Sage,Demon,Tiger or Panda we make a squad a squad we are more than our buffs and I am thankful for the drunk Panda,hell I dc'ed in a Delta last week and said "Hey! dont look at me,it was the drunk Panda" it's fun,it's different and I am sure there is something in the works for us Barbs,and I embrace those changes it's time for the Kitty to roam the grid once more restored to it's rightful place at the top.b:kiss
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Panda form" itself has no purpose other than aesthetics. Advanced Trueform does have a purpose (-5% crit to enemies for demons or tons of chi and full damage for sages).

Once you learn the Advanced Trueform (the 1mil coin skill) you get these advantages whether you use tiger or panda form. Since my squad and cleric are more comfortable with the skill animations of tiger form, and panda form is hideous, I chose to use tiger form all the time. The new animations suck, some different skills are identical, some have no animation, and swords on Roar seem to have more lag than in tiger form. So I chose to use tiger form to best communicate to my squad when I've roarded, when I've Reamed, when I've devoured or Sundered...

It gets really annoying when people ask why I don't use Panda form for the bonuses or assuming I haven't learned it yet. Both forms have the bonuses.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • burningsweetfire
    burningsweetfire Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b:laugh They're probably working on the wolf form next.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since my squad and cleric are more comfortable with the skill animations of tiger form, and panda form is hideous, I chose to use tiger form all the time. The new animations suck, some different skills are identical, some have no animation, and swords on Roar seem to have more lag than in tiger form. So I chose to use tiger form to best communicate to my squad when I've roarded, when I've Reamed, when I've devoured or Sundered...

+1 to this.

I like seeing the animations I have come to know well. It can make a big difference to a hard hitting DD that doesn't want to take aggro... normally I would watch for the ream effect, then know it was safe to hit for awhile. Panda skills are not very noticeable.

And also, because it needs to be said again....
    and panda form is hideous

I don't even know if I will be able to force myself to use it when new skills become available that require it. In fact, I think I can say I probably won't. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
This discussion has been closed.